Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
fucking tired about hearing about CARBON FOOTPRINTS
03-27-2008, 04:34 AM,
Carbon footprint
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Per capita greenhouse gas emissions

A carbon footprint is a "measure of the impact human activities have on the environment in terms of the amount of green house gases produced, measured in units of carbon dioxide".[1] It is meant to be useful for individuals and organizations to conceptualize their personal (or organizational) impact in contributing to global warming. A conceptual tool in response to carbon footprints are carbon offsets, or the mitigation of carbon emissions through the development of alternative projects such as solar or wind energy or reforestation. A carbon footprint can be seen as a subset of earlier uses of the concept of ecological footprints.

I think this TOTAL fucking BULLSHIT!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carbon_footprint
In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird. Now the world is weird and people take Prozac to make it normal.

As a reputed atheist, the reverential nature of his film was surprising, but Pasolini himself said &If you know that I am an unbeliever, then you know me better than I do myself. I may be an unbeliever, but I am an unbeliever who has a nostalgia for a belief.&

[Image: Copyofsoldier2.jpg]
03-27-2008, 05:30 AM,
I think we need to integrate the Bullshit Footprint for propaganda and people that spew it. Then we can tax them for the amount of shit that they have emitted to cloud up the truth.
“Today’s scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after
equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality. ” -Nikola Tesla

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." -Jimi Hendrix
03-27-2008, 05:39 AM,
Naw, you all are looking at it all wrong. It's suppose to make you feel guilty enough to pay global taxes.
03-27-2008, 06:15 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-27-2008, 06:16 AM by SerialExpLain.)
Quote:I think this TOTAL fucking BULLSHIT!

Weyland you KNOW it is bullshit.
03-27-2008, 06:33 AM,
Why's it bullshit?
reality is a manufactured illusion

Self delusion is all well and good until it catches up with you . . .
03-27-2008, 06:43 AM,
Random stuff in relation.... and you can find this return to the dark ages superstitious crap all over the place.

from: http://carbonfund.blogspot.com/2007/09/deb...gence-myth.html

Quote:Here's a great survey conducted by TerraPass, another carbon offset provider. They surveyed their consumers, and affirmed, folks that voluntarily fund greenhouse gas reduction projects are motivated to reduce their impact in other ways as well.

Kudos to carbon offset purchasers, you live up to the Carbonfund.org motto "Reduce What You Can, Reduce What You Can’t™".

What the fuck is "Reduce What You Can, Reduce What You Can’t™" supposed to mean anyway? It is the perfect illustration of all the nonsensical thinking of the eco-dupes. Maybe they could reduce their use of patchoulli a little?

"...folks that voluntarily fund greenhouse gas reduction projects are motivated to reduce their impact in other ways as well." The translation for this gem, for those of you that may have missed it is: If you can Con people once you can keep on conning them. I'm sure they would all take shallower breaths for the environment.

Then from over here: http://www.realitysandwich.com/eco

You get gems like this:

Quote:Biologists calls the current loss of biodiversity "the 6th Extinction." This is not the first time that life on earth almost exhausted its available resources before discovering how to jump to a higher order of complexity. Will we figure out how to make a similar transition?

Excuse me? Have I missed something? EXTINCTION? WTF? Major extinction events are generally classified as over 50% of animal species dying, ie: plant life is left out of the equation. Has anyone here seen 50% of animal species go bye-bye recently?

And better yet the extinctions were caused, according to these schmucks, because;

"life on earth exhausted its available resources before discovering how to jump to a higher order of complexity."

So animals did it to themselves. No meteors? No comets? No Solar Flares? No Ice-Ages? None of these may have had any impact? Then they have the unmitigated audacity to finish that 'thought' by saying;

"...before discovering how to jump to a higher order of complexity. Will we figure out how to make a similar transition?

Will We figure it out? Did we have to figure it out before? Is extinction perhaps a little bit out of our control? And exactly how do you make a transition to a higher order of complexity when you've exhausted your resources?:nuts:

These people are sooooooo fucking Anthropocentrically, Narcisistically minded it is simply stunning! The self importance of the revolving guilt-martyr-saviour complex that keeps these people thinking in logica doughnuts freaks me out, and this shit is becoming more mainstream every day. Does the sun revolve around their thought forms?

Then there is this Carbon Footprint nonsense: http://www.realitysandwich.com/carbon_offs...d_big_footprint

Quote:More than a handful of organizations have sprung up offering to offset your carbon footprint. So I tallied up mine based on my air travel, and 2007 turned out to be a big year. Here's how I made amends.

That quote was from theblurb that links to the article. Basically the guy goes into what he does to amend for his sins. Essentially he buys indulgences from the low priests of serfdom. For example he 'buys' a stand of 1000 trees to offset his carbon, amongst other things. Something tells me the guy is not buying anything that he will own. He is paying for someone else's costs to be offset for tree planting.

Heck if I were a logging company I'd be cashing in huge on Carbon Credits right now. I would cut down my trees, which would have a certain carbon impact. Say I cut down 10,000 trees, so I earned, say, 10,000 Carbon demerits. I'd own a carbon credit company that got these eco-geeks to 'buy' for the planting of 20,000 sapling on MY land. Thus, since I own the land I could say that I planted the trees gaining 20,000 carbon good guy credits. With the deduction of the 10,000 demerits I am left with 10,000 credits wich I can now sell on the open market to those poor companies exceeding their carbon quotas. I get paid to cut trees down, I get paid to plant the trees, I get credits for the planted trees, and i sell those credits. I make profit on every angle of the transaction. I wonder who the losers are?

Yeah man, I'm sick of it too. It's nothing but fascistic consolidation of power. I'm sick of this Malthusian shit. It seems to me that this will be the NWO religion where we must all make do with less like serfs and pay our tithes and for indulgences to our eco-overlords. It brings me right back to this gem:

"Reduce What You Can, Reduce What You Can’t™" :dazed:

Yeah I guess I really don't need that food or water I've been selfishly ingesting all these years... but that's okay because it's for the environment, and soon without that food and water I'll be dead and that IS good for the environment. The perfect solution in the zero sum game for the masses.

What say you?

A pissed MMM
Give me the judgment of balanced minds in preference to laws every time. Codes and manuals create patterned behavior. All patterned behavior tends to go unquestioned, gathering destructive momentum.
- Darwi Odrade
03-27-2008, 09:05 AM,
- Carbon dioxide makes up 0.038% of the Earth's atmosphere.
- The sun controls of the temperature of the solar system.
- Globowarmers will probably be the next species to go extinct, I think they can be safely catergorised as a
offshoot human sub - species, they have obviously lost the ability to use reason and logic which are
particular to humans. Either that or they recieve a frontal lobotamy before they sign on to the
Globowarming Eco-Scam Gravy Train......
&Is not my word like... a HAMMER that breaketh the rock in pieces&? Jeremiah 23:29
03-27-2008, 12:21 PM,
come on wake up its all about ..adding another tax on us and the other U.N. dumb asses ... thats the bottom line ,,, but where does the money go too ? thats the big question !!!!
03-27-2008, 07:41 PM,
I keep thinking of carbon dating and dinosaur footprints every time I hear about this silly stuff... :smile:

LR
[Image: t_RBNexploitim_80ea8b4.jpg]
88.255.90.0/24 and 88.255.94.0/24 - Abdallah Internet Hizmetleri/RBN nazi's
03-27-2008, 08:36 PM,
global carbon credit system is the new economy after fiat money collapse (by design), imho.

http://www.alternet.org/stories/46146/?page=1
03-27-2008, 09:24 PM,
Ya'll make it sound like humans aren't causing any problems in relation to earth and its living systems by the way we are currently living. Have any of you traveled at all? Have you noticed all of the clear cut river banks on the west coast with rivers having less and less of a salmon run each year (becoming virtually non-existent) and forests losing their biodiversity due to mass scale logging operations? How about all of the dammed up rivers? Is that doing the earth and us good in the long run? Have you noticed that the rivers and lakes are becoming polluted and the fresh water in them is becoming undrinkable? Have you ever tried filtering and drinking the water from Lake Michigan? I have, you can't drink it because that shit is FUCKED UP. How about all of the other chemicals running into the fresh water systems, not to mention all of the other nasty shit? They are even beginning to find traces of pharmies in the water. WTF? Tell me how that is good. What about the food source... HELLO.. can anyone say MONSANTO and GMO running rampant?

My gut instinct tells me that biodiversity is under attack. Now I'm not one to push a global tax at all, and of course I try to filter out what is propaganda and what isn't, but you can't tell me everything is fine and dandy on planet earth and that we are living a well balanced lifestyle with the planet and the other species on it, because that just seems ludicrous to me.

There is a problem, and if we leave it up to 'our leaders' to fix it, it won't get fixed, it'll simply get taxed and tazed. My 2 bits.
&its just like.. doood ya get the best barrels ever dood..
its just like.. ya pull in and ya just get spit right out of em...
ya just drop in n just smack the lip.. whabap.. drop down..
zibbaaaahhhahahah..
n then after that.. ya drop in.. ride the barrel..
and get pitted.. sooo pitted like that&
- surfer dood

Northern Alberta Surface Water Study
check it out: www.nasws.ca
03-27-2008, 09:32 PM,
Quote:come on wake up its all about ..adding another tax on us and the other U.N. dumb asses ... thats the bottom line ,,, but where does the money go too ? thats the big question !!!!
This is about awareness of one's responsibility to sustainability. Just because TPTB have again taken this concept of awareness and are using it as a means of control doesn't negate the importance of our responsibility to nature and sustainability.
Where does all tax go? It pays for our continued serfdom to the system and to the pockets of TPTB...
reality is a manufactured illusion

Self delusion is all well and good until it catches up with you . . .
03-27-2008, 10:37 PM,
Yeah, I think pollution is a problem, not just carbon. If they were really interested in changing things they'd have a waste or pollution tax, well, they wouldn't tax anyone at all really, but you get what I'm saying.

We as first world humans produce a shitload of waste and pollution, that's what is destroying the environment. Greenhouse gases are only part of the problem, and 90% industry's fault, not humanity's. Nonetheless, we'll get footed the bill while corporate giants will get subsidies from the government, which in reality, already came from taxes!

Fuckers.
&We grow to recognize form. We grow to label that form. In doing so, do we become more intelligent? Do we become more awakened?& - Siji Tzu 四季子
03-28-2008, 12:15 AM,
Heres my BIG feckin beef with this shit!!

I heard on the TV that in the UK households use 24% of our carbon emmissions, so thats the excuse for fining and taxing us to hell and back everytime you use the wrong colour bloody bag for your waste and other rediculous nonsensical rules.

What about the other 76%? why does my work not have to recycle a bloody thing apart from toxic substances? Why are the vast majority of household products full of chemicals, when there are natural alternatives that do the job just as well.

Thats the point exactly that was made above, while we are all running about screaming about carbon emmisions, we are ignorring the very real threat of the pollution we are causing to land, water and low level atmosphere that is fucking up our health. I like to work out, which means I have to take a lot of protein, I like fish and tuna is cheap but I have to limit myself to once or twice a week otherwise I run the risk of giving myself murcury poisening due to the unbelievable amounts we have dumped into the oceans WTF.

All of this stuff can be limited drastically by forcing industry and business to reform, but no the gov wont bite the hand that feeds them. However any silly rule they can think of for the normal household is a wonderful prospect.

/rant (this subject really gets me going)
03-28-2008, 12:22 AM,
oh the genius!!!

propaganda tax!

we will be rich!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Todd Akin is a fucking idiot - says Bill Nye DoomSayer 1 905 09-04-2012, 05:15 PM
Last Post: Anarchist
  Google's Creepy Club of Chrome-Is this Black Helicopter carbon neutral? h3rm35 2 1,051 01-19-2010, 08:39 AM
Last Post: h3rm35