• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
World might be heading towards Ice Age
04-24-2008, 05:33 AM,
The fanatics are going to go crazy! :biggrin:

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/Earth/...how/2975016.cms

Quote:Economic Times
Wednesday, April 23, 2008

CANBERRA: Scientists have warned that the world might once again be heading towards an Ice Age, with global warming approaching a possible end.

Evidence in support of this theory has come from pictures obtained from the US Solar and Heliospheric Observatory, which showed no spots on the sun, thus determining that sunspot activity has not resumed after hitting an 11-year low in March last year.

A sunspot is a region on the sun that is cooler than the rest and appears dark.

Some scientists believe a strong solar magnetic field, when there is plenty of sunspot activity, protects the earth from cosmic rays, cutting cloud formation, but that when the field is weak - during low sunspot activity - the rays can penetrate into the lower atmosphere and cloud cover increases, cooling the surface.

According to Australian astronaut and geophysicist Phil Chapman, this might have caused the world to cool quickly between January last year and January this year, by about 0.7C.

"This is the fastest temperature change in the instrumental record, and it puts us back to where we were in 1930," said Dr Chapman.

"If the temperature does not soon recover, we will have to conclude that global warming is over," he added.

Dr Chapman has proposed preventive, or delaying, moves to slow the cooling, such as bulldozing Siberian and Canadian snow to make it dirty and less reflective.

"My guess is that the odds are now at least 50:50 that we will see significant cooling rather than warming in coming decades," he said.
Yo
04-24-2008, 07:02 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-24-2008, 07:03 AM by trueaim.)
We have hit the Trifecta! War, Famine, Ice Age! and that adds up to Mass death and destruction, and well thats it! No fringe benefits in that equation. Guess I better just write off my Superannuation well whats left of it, government already stolen half of it, probably to buy rice for themselves. Polar bears are gonna have the time of their lives hunting down humans who have fled the decaying cities due to gangs of crazed cannibal zombies!
&Is not my word like... a HAMMER that breaketh the rock in pieces&? Jeremiah 23:29
04-24-2008, 10:29 PM,
Wolves, polar bears and atheists! Oh My! :crazy:

How right you are, RCS...
“Today’s scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after
equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality. ” -Nikola Tesla

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." -Jimi Hendrix
04-25-2008, 03:09 AM,
Spring went bye bye and winter returned to my neck of the woods for the past week... over 1 foot of snow and the whole 9 yds.
04-25-2008, 03:28 AM,
Quote:Spring went bye bye and winter returned to my neck of the woods for the past week... over 1 foot of snow and the whole 9 yds.

Yikes!

Spent my first winter in Colorado after leaving Arizona. Brrr..lol! The mountains almost broke a record for snowfall, Denver had about 10" less then normal but they say this was one of their colder winters in awhile.
Yo
05-07-2008, 06:52 AM,
Start packing your rice, all the sunspots are dissappearing, that signifies extreme cold, and most likely we are not too many years away from the onset of Ice Age, which can advance quickly and last approx. 10,000 - 12,000 years, unless we recieve help from the Lord, the picture on a global scale looks grim. basically we're not producing enough food as it stands now, if we get a few bad frosts, we could see a global superfamine due to widespread crop failures.
&Is not my word like... a HAMMER that breaketh the rock in pieces&? Jeremiah 23:29
05-07-2008, 07:40 AM,
Quote:unless we recieve help from the Lord, the picture on a global scale looks grim
Do you really enjoy being the poor little victim of imaginary strife?
[Image: randquote.png]
05-07-2008, 09:48 AM,
Quote:
Quote:unless we recieve help from the Lord, the picture on a global scale looks grim
Do you really enjoy being the poor little victim of imaginary strife?

Do you enjoy living in Plato's Cave with NO knowledge of God?
07-23-2008, 11:31 AM,
careful playing with the nub yeti:) he seems stuck in his ways already:) He thinks sun spots are the be all and end all of global temps(just a factor)....

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information The Singularity: Five Technologies That Will Change the World (and One That Won't) FastTadpole 10 4,733 01-28-2014, 05:53 PM
Last Post: FastTadpole
  Governments around the world are spying on their citizens using FinFisher Easy Skanking 2 986 03-19-2013, 02:55 PM
Last Post: CharliePrime
Information False Flag: Internet is out of IP addresses! The IPV6 Pillar to the Real World Web FastTadpole 3 1,835 12-03-2011, 03:50 PM
Last Post: sekular
Video Brave New World with Stephen Hawking FastTadpole 1 1,282 11-24-2011, 08:45 AM
Last Post: nwo2012
Exclamation Save MySQL, The World's Largest Open Source Database, from Oracle's Clutches FastTadpole 8 2,668 08-01-2011, 06:06 AM
Last Post: psilocybin
  Large Hadron Collider Could Be World's First Time Machine drummer 0 857 03-23-2011, 12:30 AM
Last Post: drummer
  The “ten second” guide to the world of skeptics icosaface 13 2,466 03-11-2011, 10:33 PM
Last Post: hubbabubba
  What in the world are they spraying? Defendfreedom 6 1,557 02-24-2011, 10:34 AM
Last Post: rena42war
  Artificial life will revolutionize our world --- 1 817 02-18-2010, 01:27 AM
Last Post: jack
  Our world may be a giant hologram drummer 0 690 01-07-2010, 10:12 PM
Last Post: drummer