Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strange expierence I had
05-08-2008, 06:53 AM,
Strange expierence I had
About a week ago I "woke up" grabbed my cell phone to check the time like i do every morning to see how much time i have to get ready for school
everything seemed like i was awake
the time on my cell was 7:01 AM

then suddenly I "woke" up again and it was 6:48 AM

it was really strange

Astral Projection?
or what
The first step to revolution is consciousness,
So I wont stop screaming at you until this all make sense.
05-08-2008, 09:02 AM,
Strange expierence I had
That happens to me sometimes. You "wake up" only to find that you're still asleep. Your subconscious expected the cell phone to be there, and guessed the time roughly, but wasn't precisely accurate.

I think sometimes you're just so deeply asleep that it takes a few tries for your conscious mind to kick-start.
05-08-2008, 12:41 PM,
Strange expierence I had
It was lucid dreaming without you being aware you are lucid.
Lucid dreaming is a great thing and more fun than any drug if you know how to use and induce it. In it you can create your own worlds, have experiences you could never have in real life and those experiences and worlds are so "real" when you wake up you are sure you had them.

Wiki article
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucid_dream

It gets A LOT OF PRACTICE to gain control over your dreams tho.

If you are interested in learning the techique I can point you to some books and instructional CDs and link you some torrents, just say it:)

Welcome to the world of psychonautics hehe. Once you are in, you will never leave it. Oh, if you wonder what a psychonaut is:
Quote:is a person who uses altered states of consciousness, intentionally induced, to investigate his or her mind, and possibly address spiritual questions, through direct experience. Psychonauts tend to be pluralistic, willing to explore mystical traditions from established world religions, meditation, lucid dreaming, technologies such as brainwave entrainment and sensory deprivation, and often psychedelic drugs (entheogens). Because techniques that alter consciousness can be dangerous, and can induce a state of extreme susceptibility, psychonauts generally prefer to undertake these explorations either alone, or in the company of people they trust. Therefore, they are averse to using altered consciousness in a social or "party" context. Psychonauts generally regard the latter sort of use as irresponsible and dangerous.

Goals of psychonautic practices may be to answer questions about how the mind works, improve one's psychological state, answer existential or spiritual questions, or improve cognitive performance in everyday life.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychonaut
One day Chuang Tzu and a friend were walking by a river. &Look at the fish
swimming about,& said Chuang Tzu, &They are really enjoying themselves.&

&You are not a fish,& replied the friend, &So you can't truly know that they
are enjoying themselves.&

&You are not me,& said Chuang Tzu. &So how do you know that I do not
know that the fish are enjoying themselves?&
05-08-2008, 01:10 PM,
Strange expierence I had
...or maybe just back off from the psychotropic drugs you appear to regularly use?
05-08-2008, 01:16 PM,
Strange expierence I had
Quote:...or maybe just back off from the psychotropic drugs you appear to regularly use?

Lucid dreaming has never been a result of drugs. I've never taken a drug in my life yet I have regular lucid dreams with or without my control on them.

You spend 1/2 of your life in bed. Oh, just forget it. It's not important. Who cares about dreams and sleep?

05-08-2008, 01:40 PM,
Strange expierence I had
Just ignore Beerdwarf, he's a prohibitionist that likes to troll conversations about consciousness and spread useful anti-drug rhetoric.

Beerdwarf.
&We grow to recognize form. We grow to label that form. In doing so, do we become more intelligent? Do we become more awakened?& - Siji Tzu 四季子
05-08-2008, 01:46 PM,
Strange expierence I had
Quote:About a week ago I "woke up" grabbed my cell phone to check the time like i do every morning to see how much time i have to get ready for school
everything seemed like i was awake
the time on my cell was 7:01 AM

then suddenly I "woke" up again and it was 6:48 AM
Is it possible you initially misread the time?
[Image: randquote.png]
05-08-2008, 06:21 PM,
Strange expierence I had
The i-doser or similar brain-frequency setters can initiate doses for lucid dreaming. However, what sucks is that lucid dreams dont last very long.
[Image: Palestinian_Dawn_by_Palestinian_Pride.jpg]
05-08-2008, 07:27 PM,
Strange expierence I had
Quote:However, what sucks is that lucid dreams dont last very long.
They last until you get excited over something or decide it would be nice to wake up. The first time you will be in a dream and realise you are dreaming you will become so excited you will probably wake up. Every time you have a lucid dream you will become more familiar with the concept than before and thus less excited, affraid, ...

If it happens you wake up in a sleep paralysis, don't panic, it will pass. Most people get so affraid of the sleep paralysis they often leave the whole exploration. Basically what happens is your body is asleep, your motoric functions are shut down and you can't move (brain shuts them down so you don't get hurt while dreaming - you can't move during dreams), but your mind is perfectly awake. You are not dreaming, you woke up, but your body is alseep. Very very disturbing situation the first time you have it and can be very frightening, but you get used to it.

If you go into lucid dream exploration, you will very soon have one of those when something will go wrong. Almost no chance you will avoid it. So if you go past sleep paralysis, you go past everything. You won't be affraid of lucid dreams now and your dreams will be longer.

Bottom line: your next lucid dream will probably be longer.

05-08-2008, 09:15 PM,
Strange expierence I had
I have had plenty of lucid dreams and can control things in my dreams to a certain extent. It's pretty cool.
I have also had lots of recreational drugs.
There are differences between the two states but a lot of similarities. I have had some mild psychedelics that feel like you are lucid dreaming. You have all of these adventures in your head and sort of phase back into "reality" and realize you were someplace else or that you had an adventure and your body is still physically where you were. They seemed so real you almost forget that you were tripping. Cool stuff!
“Today’s scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after
equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality. ” -Nikola Tesla

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." -Jimi Hendrix
05-08-2008, 09:27 PM,
Strange expierence I had
Quote:Just ignore Beerdwarf, he's a prohibitionist that likes to troll conversations about consciousness and spread useful anti-drug rhetoric.
Nope you are wrong there, I am all for exploring consciousness, I am a practicing clinical hypnotist and have also had lucid dreams. I have experimented with many levels of trance, have been trained in remote viewing by 2 of the original stargate team, have used binaural beats, hypno peripheral processing, cymatics and lots of stuff youve probably never heard of. I have used ayahuasca and ibogaine on my travels to south america and africa. Both under guidance of medicine men, not some teenage crackhead off this forum.

I just dont think its necessary to fuck about with a perfectly good brain with dodgy drugs. And believe me I see a lot of clients who have.
Youre not experimenting with consciousness like shaman in the Amazon, you are just after a buzz.
05-08-2008, 09:35 PM,
Strange expierence I had
Quote:... have been trained in remote viewing by 2 of the original stargate team
Do you believe that remote viewing works?
05-08-2008, 09:43 PM,
Strange expierence I had
Quote:Youre not experimenting with consciousness like shaman in the Amazon, you are just after a buzz.
Yeah right.
Who the hell are you to judge what other people are after? Who are you to deprive them from experience which is rightfully theirs - to experiment with their OWN mind?

Edit: You can claim you are a flying octopus if you want. It will not give anything to credibility of your writing.

05-08-2008, 10:25 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-08-2008, 10:35 PM by triplesix.)
Strange expierence I had
My bad Beerdwarf, I had you all wrong, allow me a revision.

Just ignore Beerdwarf. He's an arrogant, self-important hypocrite who feels only he, in his infinite wisdom, is capable of maturely and properly experimenting with consciousness.

I had forgotten completely how your experience as a hypnotist rendered my entire life, mind, and collective life experience null and pointless. You'd told me this once or twice before. Now I remember why I disliked you so much. The pot must have dulled my memory.

I couldn't quite remember.

Personally I've never had a lucid dream. Anytime I come to the conclusion I'm dreaming I wake up. I mostly only come to that conclusion during frightening dreams. I'm a horror fan and have filled my head with some disturbing shite over the years and it comes through in my dreams from time to time. Since I get off on that shit it usually just makes for exciting dreams more than genuine nightmares, but in any event, my point is that I don't realize my fluff dreams are dreams because nothing is stressing me out to the point where I really examine my dream situation. I really only say, "Wait a minute, this is a dream" when that ghost or demon has me by the throat and my dream-life/movie-script comes to a forgone conclusion, i.e. my grisly doom.

I've had this recurring dream where friends and I are partying at this mansion where the top floor always appears lived in yet well-kept like a hotel room and is entirely abandoned yet still seems occupied. Anyway I'll always decide to use the top floor bathroom to take a piss. Every time I do I know what's coming and every time I need a rationalization to push the issue. I forgot my keys up there, or every bathroom is occupied, or I'm already near it, so why not just go up the stairs. I'm compelled every time and every time I start taking a whiz before getting paralyzed by an old lady ghost. She'll freeze me from a distance and then slowly make her way towards me. By this time I'll be freaking out and my wife will normally wake me up. I'll be trying to scream for people in my dream to come help me but it's always muffled. The fear of knowing I can't make a sound adds to the tension for sure, in that moment before I'm screwed. In any event I'll wake up before she really gets to me, or just as she does. I'll usually wake up and say, damn, that old lady got me again, have a toke, and go back to bed. But recurring dreams do interest me. They should have some significance, no?

While I've never experienced a real lucid dream I'm fascinated by it and am not arrogant enough to conclude that since I am not familiar with it everyone who claims to have experienced it is lying.

I had an episode of time loss once but it was as a young teen. I was probably about 12, which I guess is not quite teen but whatever. My friend and I were going into the woods to go do whatever 12 year old kids do. Bust shit up, shoot stuff, set things on fire, whatever. We left around 11:00 am and were in the woods for hours just doing whatever. We felt we made a good full day of it and made our way back to my parents' house.

When we got back my mum said, "So weren't you guys going to go into the woods?" We responded that we had and had been gone this whole time. She said, "What do you mean? You've only been gone 20 minutes." I looked at the clock and it was indeed around 11:20-11:25.

We walked along a trail to a specific hangout I had at the time which made use of an old hunter's deerstand. It was sort of semi-converted into a treehouse. It took at least 20 minutes to get there let alone back again and to spend time fucking around.

So this an experience I've had with time moving backwards. I don't really know how to explain it. Since it happened to me so young I've just sort of dismissed it but I can honestly say I remember the occurance clear as day.

Just thought I'd share that.

Peace.
&We grow to recognize form. We grow to label that form. In doing so, do we become more intelligent? Do we become more awakened?& - Siji Tzu 四季子
05-08-2008, 10:34 PM,
Strange expierence I had
I've had all kinds of crazy lucid dreaming experiences. I was a "practitioner" of it when I was younger.

I've used it to cure recurrent nightmares, and to have lots of fun flying around and generally entertaining myself and the friends I've been with in my dreams.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Incredibly Strange Story of Intelligent Design Solve et Coagula 0 324 02-01-2012, 07:19 PM
Last Post: Solve et Coagula
  Strange site be ex-muslim DJOldskool 52 4,920 03-07-2008, 08:39 AM
Last Post: horseonwheels
  strange case of helen duncan drew hempel 0 370 09-07-2007, 01:52 AM
Last Post: drew hempel