Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top 10 Worst Books
05-27-2008, 11:55 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-27-2008, 11:57 AM by trueaim.)
Top 10 Worst Books
This list could easily total in the 100's of millions, but here's 10 that come to mind and I could just as easily replace these 10 with another whole bunch. -

1. THE CATCHER IN THE RYE - J.D SALANGER

A story about a whining angsty teenager struggling to reconcile his own pathetic wet dreams with other whining teenager wet dreams. This book is about as interesting as a tooth-ache.

2. DIANETICS - L. RON HUBBARD

The Tom Cruise fan club will be disappointed but old Ronny Hubbard was a Class A Lunatic.

3. THE DA VINCI CODE - DAN BROWN

Dan Brown invents his own genre - New Fiction Non Fiction - which earnt him more funny money than he could stuff in his star wars lunchbox.

4. BOOK OF MORMON - JOSEPH SMITH Jr

Book of Moron.

5. TO KILL A MOCKING BIRD - HARPER LEE

I refused to read this book in high school based on the fact that it is cultural conditioning propaganda.

6. MR MEN BOOKS - ROGER HARGREAVES

These horrible little childrens books are everywhere, millions of them, burn em all, utter garbage.

7. GUINESS BOOK OF RECORDS.

Who cares.

8. ORIGIN OF THE SPECIES - CHARLES DARWIN

Darwin himself may have been an Ape who swung down out of the trees and put on man-pants, but the rest of us didn't.

9. QUOTATIONS FROM CHAIRMAN MAO - MAO TSE TUNG

Mao's little red book was mostly used as a chock underneath table legs or kindling to fire up woks.

10. PRIDE AND PREDJUDICE - JANE AUSTEN

Toffy mouthed, stuck up English country folk moan and complain about being rich in the 19th Century. Can file this book under fairy floss girly stuff genre.
&Is not my word like... a HAMMER that breaketh the rock in pieces&? Jeremiah 23:29
05-27-2008, 12:23 PM,
Top 10 Worst Books
0. Bible OT
Most cruel, evil and horrible non-fiction book(s) ever written.
One day Chuang Tzu and a friend were walking by a river. &Look at the fish
swimming about,& said Chuang Tzu, &They are really enjoying themselves.&

&You are not a fish,& replied the friend, &So you can't truly know that they
are enjoying themselves.&

&You are not me,& said Chuang Tzu. &So how do you know that I do not
know that the fish are enjoying themselves?&
05-27-2008, 05:22 PM,
Top 10 Worst Books
Quote:0. Bible OT
Most cruel, evil and horrible non-fiction book(s) ever written.

That's especially funny, seeing as that's probably the only book on Trueaim's "Top 10 Best Books"

You might as well have put "Top 10 most Un-white Anti-Christian books that Culturally and Mentally Scare Me."
The belief in 'coincidence' is the prevalent superstition of the Age of Science.

&I don't understand why you're taking such a belligerant tone when you're obviously the ignorant one here. &
-triplesix
05-27-2008, 05:57 PM,
Top 10 Worst Books
I will have to agree with Trueaim that #1 and #5 suck, mostly because its propaganda that they force high school students to read.
[Image: Palestinian_Dawn_by_Palestinian_Pride.jpg]
05-27-2008, 06:17 PM,
Top 10 Worst Books
We reach a line though, where is it propaganda and where is it a genuine plea frmo the author based on his own morals and ethics he independently formed? I personally LOVE Catcher in the Rye (the ONLY fictional book I bought and own) and I love Mockingbird as well, I love Great Gatsby though too:)

My only nomination to this list is Cloak of the Illuminati, what an unreferenced sack of narrative shit that is.
05-28-2008, 03:28 AM,
Top 10 Worst Books
Quote:I refused to read this book
then what are you basing your judgement on, the cover?

I feel that books should be judged after being read, especially if they're gonna get on your "worst ever" list.
05-28-2008, 03:59 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-28-2008, 04:01 AM by trueaim.)
Top 10 Worst Books
Quote:
Quote:I refused to read this book
then what are you basing your judgement on, the cover?

I feel that books should be judged after being read, especially if they're gonna get on your "worst ever" list.

Is it not cultural conditioning? is it not promoted propaganda unworthy of being read by state students but forced upon them? I failed the subject because I refused to read it, have I not been downgraded and ostricised because of my refusal? Do you dutifully read every page of state promoted garbage that is served up to you? Why should I be made to read it? I DO NOT have to read it based upon the deceitful lies and hypocracy that surround it, serve it and are contained within it. And I will not read it and will not be forced to do so, as it's insidious divisional agenda is self evident and nothing more than secular state fuelled propaganda.
&Is not my word like... a HAMMER that breaketh the rock in pieces&? Jeremiah 23:29
05-28-2008, 04:30 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-28-2008, 05:35 AM by Melchor.)
Top 10 Worst Books
1. Leviticus. If your clothes get mildew you take them to a dry-cleaner to clean, not to a priest
to burn. Nuff said.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Chicagoland area - Lot of 50+ books for sale - Adventures Unlimited Press MageWolf 0 524 08-29-2010, 11:12 PM
Last Post: MageWolf
  Making E-books Ratiocinator 8 1,583 07-10-2010, 11:17 AM
Last Post: SarahConnor
  A million library books to be sent down the mines Apocalypso Now! 0 466 02-27-2010, 12:57 AM
Last Post: Apocalypso Now!
  Federal Reserve Comic Books black_action_hero 2 703 12-19-2008, 02:42 PM
Last Post: black_action_hero
  My Own Worst Enemy NickHedge 0 403 11-19-2008, 10:57 PM
Last Post: NickHedge
  Conspiracies in comic books stanteau 14 1,490 10-28-2008, 11:43 PM
Last Post: shZ
  Read these books or...dont waxzy 0 495 10-18-2008, 04:48 PM
Last Post: waxzy
  "The Worst Place to be a Terrorist" shZ 1 476 05-27-2008, 08:58 PM
Last Post: mastermg
  Bush our worst Pres ever: Mike Gravel EireWarrior 3 528 01-29-2008, 08:58 PM
Last Post: EireWarrior
  The U.S. is Now an "Endemic Surveillance Society", WORST in Democratic World in Privacy Protection, Study Says MikeWB 0 341 12-30-2007, 06:02 PM
Last Post: MikeWB