Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Evolution 'Hoax'
07-16-2008, 06:58 AM,
The Evolution 'Hoax'
On the tracker in the comments I has someone say that evolution was a theory. That is correct how ever the terminology is not.

It is often called the "Theory of Evolution", but what is a "theory"? The general public has a very different definition than the scientific community. To the general public (and often news writers), a theory carries much less weight. It's synonymous with a guess, assumption, belief, speculation, conjecture or hypothesis. The Cobb Country School District attempted to attach labels to textbooks stating "Evolution is a theory, not a fact, regarding the origin of living things." This statement is especially misleading because a theory is based on relating similar facts. These definitions differ dramatically from the definition used by a scientists which refers to a logical, tested, well-supported explanation for a great variety of facts.

Let's look at some examples. "My theory is that the hurricane will shift course and hit Miami." If you hear someone say this, it is not a scientific theory. Your neighbor may say this and it would be pure speculation or a "feeling". If a Ph.D in atmospheric studies makes this statement it may be based on past hurricane paths and current weather patterns. But, it still involves an element of predicting the future based on probabilities and therefore doesn't fall into the definition of a theory. At the other end of the spectrum, we still refer to the "Theory of Gravity". But, is anyone still debating this?! Gravity can be readily observed by anyone on Earth. It's been proven many times by the compilation of facts. We've even experienced differences in gravity between sea level, high mountains and low-earth orbits. Gravity is defined by mathematical equation, yet it still a theory. Next, we have the theory that the "Planets Revolve Around the Sun". Again, this is still a theory. But, nobody is debating it. It is accepted as fact today even though it's original proponents were punished by the Church. In fact, religious believers are often the last to accept a scientific theory as truth, especially when the theory conflicts with their religious beliefs. This is currently true with the "Theory of Evolution". Scientists know that "evolution is indeed a theory, yet it's a theory with a lot of evidence on its side, and with more explanatory power than any competing theory in biology". [1]

Evolution, or natural selection, does not simply apply to humans. It is evident throughout biological history. It can even be individually witnessed in present day with plants, viruses, etc. So, the problems with the theory of evolution are more easily described as a misuse of terminology by religious or uneducated groups instead of a problem with the observed facts.

"Evolution is a fact in the respect that we have hard data – an ever-expanding fossil record – proving that species have changed over time; dinosaurs, early mammals, Trilobites, and other forms no longer exist as living species. The exact mechanism by which these changes occurred (e.g. natural selection and environmental pressures) is the realm of evolutionary theory and is based on interpretation of that fossil record and other available data.
07-16-2008, 09:37 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-16-2008, 09:47 AM by Beerdwarf.)
The Evolution "Hoax"
Quote:On the tracker in the comments I has someone say that evolution was a theory. That is correct how ever the terminology is not.

"Evolution is a fact in the respect that we have hard data – an ever-expanding fossil record – proving that species have changed over time; dinosaurs, early mammals, Trilobites, and other forms no longer exist as living species. The exact mechanism by which these changes occurred (e.g. natural selection and environmental pressures) is the realm of evolutionary theory and is based on interpretation of that fossil record and other available data.

Nope.

There is not a single fossil which proves or shows an intermediate species.
Dogs breed dogs, cats breed cats. Cats dont give birth to elephantcats.

There is a lot of evidence for adaptation but none for actual evolution as Darwin proposed.
ie inanimate "stuff" plus millions of years = conscious living creatures with unimaginable diversity

In short:
No intermediate species fossils
No explanation of how irreducible complexity is compatible with this "theory"
No recognition of genetic building blocks (ie if you havent got the genes you cant transfer species)
No recognition of what consciousness is

As astrophysicist Fred Hoyle said, the likelihood of a living cell arising through evolution was as likely as “a tornado sweeping through a junkyard” and assembling a Boeing 747

Francis Crick (one of the co-discoverers of the structure of the DNA molecule in 1953) simply could not see how the DNA molecule could have self-assembled just by chance, and if he couldn't see it, then it's difficult to understand why anybody else should see it.

All in all its just a theory ....and not a very good one at that.
Hell he wasnt even a biologist, he was a theology student!

And creationsim is just as bad.
Fact is we dont know how we got here
07-16-2008, 10:19 AM,
The Evolution "Hoax"
great post BD
07-16-2008, 08:43 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-16-2008, 08:49 PM by clark-kent.)
The Evolution "Hoax"
"There is not a single fossil which proves or shows an intermediate species."
[Image: hominids2_big.jpg]
Wrong-this is just for humans, I did a simple google image search for transitional fossils do it yourself and find thousands.

07-16-2008, 09:38 PM,
The Evolution "Hoax"
Quote:In short:
No intermediate species fossils
No explanation of how irreducible complexity is compatible with this "theory"
No recognition of genetic building blocks (ie if you havent got the genes you cant transfer species)
No recognition of what consciousness is

Nice post indeed, let me add that the thing they call "the missing link" is in fact a huge hole in evolution theory and the way we just accept the notion "the missing link exists, we just haven't found it yet" seems unscientific.
07-16-2008, 09:40 PM,
The Evolution "Hoax"
Quote:"There is not a single fossil which proves or shows an intermediate species."
[Image: hominids2_big.jpg]
Wrong-this is just for humans, I did a simple google image search for transitional fossils do it yourself and find thousands.

Looks like the missing link should be between M and N. These two don't look very alike, if you ask me.
07-16-2008, 09:48 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-17-2008, 03:12 AM by ---.)
The Evolution "Hoax"
I thought the missing link was the offshoot that announces homo sapien sapien (us) fron homo sapien...maybe that's M to N..but Missing link is one thing but then there is the "great leap" too...
07-16-2008, 10:24 PM,
The Evolution "Hoax"
[Image: crocoduck.jpg]
thanx kirk

to me evolution is apparent, with 3 1/2 billion years of life on earth.
If you look at artificial selection with dogs over 10k yrs you can get a chihuahua from a wolf.
07-17-2008, 01:56 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-17-2008, 03:22 AM by ---.)
The Evolution "Hoax"
the wolf was turned into the chihuaha through selective breeding of genetic traits by another species, that's not really an apt analogy for Darwin's evolutionary theory. The wolf can survive without dependence on humans but all 'artificially' bred canine varieties have lost the natural ability to form functionable pack structures ie ones which don't need to scavenge from humans to survive. Some important instincts have been bred out of them I guess.

imo there's enough flaws,gaps and speculative assumptions in the theory to call it less than watertight. Obviously the geological record presents plenty of evidence for adaption of species' over great tracts of time but this somewhat delicate theory with it's gaps n flaws n all is accepted as some kind of "problem solved" on the origins of humans (apart from the missing link bit,of course lol) - it has become dogma really.
07-17-2008, 03:36 AM,
The Evolution "Hoax"
Quote:but all 'artificially' bred canine varieties have lost the natural ability to form functionable pack structures ie ones which don't need to scavenge from humans to survive. Some important instincts have been bred out of them I guess.
This is absolutely not true. Dogs of all shapes and sizes as well as cats can and do survive and create breeding populations of their own all over the world. They do not always need the scraps of humans to survive. Some are so successful they become problems to surrounding non feral species.
07-17-2008, 03:41 AM,
The Evolution "Hoax"
Quote:
Quote:but all 'artificially' bred canine varieties have lost the natural ability to form functionable pack structures ie ones which don't need to scavenge from humans to survive. Some important instincts have been bred out of them I guess.
This is absolutely not true. Dogs of all shapes and sizes as well as cats can and do survive and create breeding populations of their own all over the world. They do not always need the scraps of humans to survive. Some are so successful they become problems to surrounding non feral species.

that's totally contrary to what i've read. Can you sight an example?
07-17-2008, 03:52 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-17-2008, 04:08 AM by ---.)
The Evolution "Hoax"
okay. I found one myself - Galapagos Islands - kind of ironic considering the thread.:rolleyes:My apologies for the innaccurate comment.

I do remember reading a text about the inability of domesticated dogs gone feral to form coherent pack structures outside of human dependency though...i'm still going with that as the general, turtles aside..
07-17-2008, 04:46 AM,
The Evolution "Hoax"
nik-"that's not really an apt analogy for Darwin's evolutionary theory"

maybe not-but I thought it was an object lesson in what can happen in just 10k yrs(an estimate could be more or less)
compared to the 3 1/2 billion years that natural selection had.
I could bring out reams of evidence for evolution in all fields of science but that debate is not going to be solved here,to me it's over
I have yet to hear a theory that sounds more plausible, If we were created then evolution was the mechanism.
07-17-2008, 01:03 PM,
The Evolution "Hoax"
The cat thing is right... anyone who's been to Rome knows this.

As far as evolution... the fact that most Animals have 4 appendages, eat, shit/piss, and fuck is pretty similar to me. I think people forget how broad the spectrum of traits could actually be.
07-17-2008, 02:22 PM,
The Evolution "Hoax"
Quote:<br />The cat thing is right... anyone who's been to Rome knows this.<br /><br /><br />As far as evolution... the fact that most Animals have 4 appendages, eat, shit/piss, and fuck is pretty similar to me. I think people forget how broad the spectrum of traits could actually be.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

yeah but the cats in rome are living IN Rome, that's the point - they still are reliant on human conurbation for survival..

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Evolution of the Butterfly - Bruce Lipton vagabonder 0 745 04-10-2014, 11:11 PM
Last Post: vagabonder
  Jesus Is Biggest Hoax Ever. hardboiled11 157 33,906 08-20-2011, 12:41 AM
Last Post: Dunamis
  What is our individual, ethical evolution? Solve et Coagula 0 782 07-04-2011, 01:15 PM
Last Post: Solve et Coagula
Brick The Kabbalah is a Hoax Genteel 8 2,910 09-11-2010, 04:37 PM
Last Post: deathstickboy
  Miracle or hoax? Russians puzzled as phrases from the Koran start appearing 'spontaneously' on baby's skin mastermg 16 4,146 11-13-2009, 07:01 AM
Last Post: mastermg
  Evolution Vs Creation Seithan 95 14,826 04-25-2007, 06:42 AM
Last Post: standvast