Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Self-Help, Law of Attraction, The Secret, Power of Thought
07-20-2008, 08:10 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-20-2008, 08:45 PM by aew.)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Law_of_Attraction

I just saw that page: http://www.conspiracyarchive.com/Commentar..._The_Secret.htm

Coincidence or not, that law of attraction thing worked for me.

Let's talk about it.
07-23-2008, 06:11 AM,
Thanks for the link. Great summary of the history of all the hype.

I feel the quote by Fred Alan Wolf (though I like him and have read some of his writings) is wrong:
"[T]hey [the Qabalists, Alchemists, Hermeticists, Rosicrucians and Freemasons] all had one common goal: the transformation of the base or common into the pure or rare. Or, to put it simply, transforming mind into matter. "

That last part - not so much. Matter into Mind would be closer, but still not so. The goal of Western Esotericism is more toward an attainment of a merging with Higher Self (Christ Consciousness/ Super Consciousness). Turning lead (base) into gold (pure) is a metaphor for elevating ordinary mental consciousness. The ability to transform mind into matter is a by-product of this attainment. Jesus, as a full embodiment of his Higher Self ("I and the Father are One") was capable of instant manifestation (see: water into wine, loaves and fishes, et.al.).

By contrast, the goal of Eastern Esotericism, though they share some philosophical structures and some techniques (such as breathing exercises), is a complete merging with the All, and a dissolution of the Self entirely.

I was introduced to these concepts from my spiritual teacher. Having gone through a type of initiation, I had a full-fledged experience of my Higher Self, however brief (seconds). Let me tell you, it is a far more wondrous and worthy goal, in and of itself, than any thrills that material gain could possibly provide. Words are wholly inadequate to relate my experience, so I won't try. But I was buzzing for weeks and my life was transforming around me. Amazing synchronicities were a daily occurrence and I was walking around in bliss most of the time. Over a couple of months, however, the high of my initiation diminished. Regaining and maintaining the state on my own is now my pursuit.

I happened to see The Secret during the time I was having this "opening" from the initiation, and decided to put The Law of Attraction to the test. Just as in the movie, I saw myself receiving $5000 of unexpected income. In this high state of knowing I was experiencing, I dare say it was easy. There was action on my part in that I had invested $3200 in a month-long retreat - quite a large sum of money for me. As it was, a certain popular online payment company neglected to deduct the money from my account, though the retreat center had received my money. Upon returning from the retreat, my mother informed me that the property of my great uncle, who had died some years ago, finally sold and that I was to receive $2000 from the inheritance.

Needless to say, I was stunned, and began to be very careful of what I wished for.

Since that time, however, as my connection to my Higher Self has not been as secure, I've not had as dramatic results. But I have no doubts in the veracity of the Law of Attraction.

There is some truth in what these teachers are saying, but I feel it is important to clarify what true happiness is for you. Honestly, material gain has never provided lasting happiness for anyone. Pleasure, yes. Comfort, yes. Security and freedom from financial woes, certainly. But the source of True Happiness lies beyond the physical realm.

I hope I don't come off as sounding high and mighty. I am most certainly not promoting any religion. I am still trying to make sense of it all and trying to make it all work for me. I just wanted to share my experience.

Sincerely,
KoJ

"He who looks outside, dreams. He who looks within, awakens." - C.G. Jung

ps. The philosophy of the Higher Self I follow may be found it the teachings of Rudolph Steiner. They do not include any studies of The Law of Attraction, but as I said, there are interesting by-products. Some free books: http://www.rsarchive.org/Basics/BasicBooks.php
07-25-2008, 04:50 AM,
Even thought money is good. I agree with you about the material thing.

That guy has some thoughts on "manifesting": http://iasos.com/metaphys/bashar/

The Secret Doctrine of the Rosicrucians - http://www.sacred-texts.com/sro/sdr/index.htm

http://www.etext.org/Religious.Texts/Rosic...ucian.mysteries

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information Secret Societies Are Not Evil CharliePrime 7 1,318 05-14-2013, 05:50 AM
Last Post: TeslaandLyne
Information Personal Opinions on "Higher Power" Son_of_FT 26 2,028 03-08-2013, 10:18 AM
Last Post: macfadden
Brick The Secret Agenda of High Level Freemasonry CharliePrime 0 418 04-02-2012, 03:49 PM
Last Post: CharliePrime
  Now, let's concentrate for five minutes and send one good thought to the whole world Solve et Coagula 0 334 02-21-2012, 02:29 PM
Last Post: Solve et Coagula
  Satsang: The Power of Spiritual Presence Solve et Coagula 0 278 02-01-2012, 05:18 PM
  The Power of the Mind Solve et Coagula 0 347 02-01-2012, 01:49 AM
  The Secret of the Moon & the Nature of War Solve et Coagula 0 299 01-31-2012, 11:12 PM
  Empower Yourself to Fight the Power Solve et Coagula 0 331 10-04-2011, 11:03 PM
  Freemasonry Across the Globe. How Secret Societies Dominate Civilizations Darius 0 441 08-22-2011, 03:33 AM
Last Post: Darius
  The Healing Power of Anger Solve et Coagula 0 698 01-25-2011, 10:38 PM