Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
grow weed using only 24watts
08-02-2008, 07:19 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-02-2008, 07:30 PM by waxzy.)
http://www.creatiesintechniek.nl/Led/
http://www.creatiesintechniek.nl/Led/test3.html
also here
http://www.ledgrow.eu/
[Image: absurditiesvoltaire300oh0.gif]
------------------
&I've come to the conclusion, after having spent many years in politics, is that our presidential elections turn out to be more of a charade than anything else, and I think that is true today. It is a charade,& - Ron Paul, Sept 2008.
------------------
We're in a lot of trouble, watch this - http://www.youtube.com/v/3L3QVn4JyYA
------------------
[Image: guns250x200dw9.jpg]
[Image: armiw4.gif]
------------------
You cannot tax someone's labor because that is slavery
- Ed Brown, June 18 2007
------------------
The world's &freeest& country has the highest number in prison.
- arundhati roy
------------------
The crisis of modern democracy is a profound one. Free elections, a free press and an independent judiciary mean little when the free market has reduced them to commodities available on sale to the highest bidder.
- arundhati roy
------------------
The era of manufacturing consent has given way to the era of manufacturing news. Soon media newsrooms will drop the pretense, and start hiring theater directors instead of journalists.
- arundhati roy
------------------
The structure of capitalism is flawed. The motor that powers it cannot but vastly increase the disparity between the poor and the rich globally and within countries as well. Parecon is a brave argument for replacing that flawed machine and offers a much needed -- more equitable, democratic, participatory -- alternative economic vision.
- arundhati roy
------------------
[The choice between John Kerry and George Bush] is not a real choice. It's an apparent choice. Like choosing a brand of detergent. Whether you buy Ivory Snow or Tide, they're both owned by Proctor & Gamble.
- arundhati roy
------------------
No government's condemnation of terrorism is credible if it cannot show itself to be open to change by nonviolent dissent
- arundhati roy
[Image: sigterrorgj3.jpg]
------------------
Dr. Hermann Oberth who pioneered rocket design for the German Reich during World War II and later advanced rocket technology for the American manned space launches, cryptically stated: "We cannot take the credit for our record advancement in certain scientific fields alone; we have been helped."

When asked by whom, he replied: "The people of other worlds."
08-02-2008, 07:21 PM,
Cool... would like to see that in a hyrdroponic application.
08-02-2008, 07:27 PM,
I emailed asking for equipment list, will post if they reply
------------------
&I've come to the conclusion, after having spent many years in politics, is that our presidential elections turn out to be more of a charade than anything else, and I think that is true today. It is a charade,& - Ron Paul, Sept 2008.
------------------
------------------
------------------
- Ed Brown, June 18 2007
------------------
- arundhati roy
------------------
The crisis of modern democracy is a profound one. Free elections, a free press and an independent judiciary mean little when the free market has reduced them to commodities available on sale to the highest bidder.
- arundhati roy
------------------
The era of manufacturing consent has given way to the era of manufacturing news. Soon media newsrooms will drop the pretense, and start hiring theater directors instead of journalists.
- arundhati roy
------------------
The structure of capitalism is flawed. The motor that powers it cannot but vastly increase the disparity between the poor and the rich globally and within countries as well. Parecon is a brave argument for replacing that flawed machine and offers a much needed -- more equitable, democratic, participatory -- alternative economic vision.
- arundhati roy
------------------
[The choice between John Kerry and George Bush] is not a real choice. It's an apparent choice. Like choosing a brand of detergent. Whether you buy Ivory Snow or Tide, they're both owned by Proctor & Gamble.
- arundhati roy
------------------
No government's condemnation of terrorism is credible if it cannot show itself to be open to change by nonviolent dissent
- arundhati roy
------------------
Dr. Hermann Oberth who pioneered rocket design for the German Reich during World War II and later advanced rocket technology for the American manned space launches, cryptically stated: "We cannot take the credit for our record advancement in certain scientific fields alone; we have been helped."

08-02-2008, 07:39 PM,
How about getting some seeds. :)
&This little brother is watching you too&
- Rage Against the Machine

&Shhh don't talk about that! STFU about it already.&
- Ctrl, in reference to the topic I created titled &What REALLY pulverized the Twin Towers?& located here: http://conspiracycentral.info/index.php?showtopic=22831

“The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power.
My Mother had taught me to seek all truth in the Bible.”
- Nikola Tesla
08-02-2008, 07:41 PM,
Quote:How about getting some seeds. :)

you can get those anywhere
------------------
------------------
------------------
------------------
- Ed Brown, June 18 2007
------------------
- arundhati roy
------------------
- arundhati roy
------------------
- arundhati roy
------------------
- arundhati roy
------------------
- arundhati roy
------------------
- arundhati roy
------------------

08-02-2008, 07:53 PM,
Sorry to say; but it is BS.

Most of the pictures are of the plants in a vegetative state. They are too lanky which denotes not enough light. The few pictures that are of plants in flower/budding stage are really an embarrassment. The final tally looks like maybe an ounce of if you count stems and leaves. That quantity over a 50-65 day turn around its pretty poor. Also take into consideration that you could smoke that in short order.

I have followed all the LED wed threads I could find over the last few years and TBH no one knows what they are doing. They are always excited about how good the plants look in vegetative state and how they can't wait to see buds. They often stop posting pictures as their embarrassment of such a crappy grow becomes apparent. Actually their was one guy who knew what he was doing and did get amazing results but he was using much more than 24 watts and was doing a few things with the LED's that no one else has tried. Of course he would not give up his secrets. Oh where is he now...

There are at least 6 companies out there with LED fixtures for plants. The top 3 units had people excited when they hit the market. As nicely constructed as a couple of them are they all suffer from fatal flaws in design which will have you shelling out $600.00 or more for essentially a gimmick.

Give it a bit more time and someone will figure it out, bring it to market and make you happy. Unfortunately it will draw more than 24 watts and cost a fair amount. On the positive side you will still be using 3 times less power than traditional lighting and you will never have to change light bulbs. Your fixture should also last about 7-15 years depending on usage.

Don't get me wrong, I hope they are successful because we need cheap energy solutions for things like this. It would just be nice to see science and creativity applied to this rather than tinkering.

We wait and see...

MMM
Give me the judgment of balanced minds in preference to laws every time. Codes and manuals create patterned behavior. All patterned behavior tends to go unquestioned, gathering destructive momentum.
- Darwi Odrade
08-02-2008, 08:26 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-02-2008, 08:29 PM by waxzy.)
dude did you bother looking at the section with buds?
[Image: braillesuperstore.gif] Much?
------------------
------------------
------------------
------------------
- Ed Brown, June 18 2007
------------------
- arundhati roy
------------------
- arundhati roy
------------------
- arundhati roy
------------------
- arundhati roy
------------------
- arundhati roy
------------------
- arundhati roy
------------------

08-02-2008, 08:41 PM,
My mistake, he got 53 grams in test #3. Yeah it's better but still crap. A decent grower/system should be getting at least an ounce per plant. This system/grower is getting greater than 3 time less. His test #3 was definitely the best but unless he makes some drastic changes and starts thinking quite a bit differently and looking at plant science he will only get variations on the same results: somewhere between poor and crappy.

MMM
Give me the judgment of balanced minds in preference to laws every time. Codes and manuals create patterned behavior. All patterned behavior tends to go unquestioned, gathering destructive momentum.
- Darwi Odrade
08-02-2008, 09:14 PM,
maybe tomorrow. I'd stick with HPS for today personally.
08-02-2008, 09:55 PM,
Quote:My mistake, he got 53 grams in test #3. Yeah it's better but still crap. A decent grower/system should be getting at least an ounce per plant. This system/grower is getting greater than 3 time less. His test #3 was definitely the best but unless he makes some drastic changes and starts thinking quite a bit differently and looking at plant science he will only get variations on the same results: somewhere between poor and crappy.

MMM

the fuk did u expect with LED's?
------------------
------------------
------------------
------------------
- Ed Brown, June 18 2007
------------------
- arundhati roy
------------------
- arundhati roy
------------------
- arundhati roy
------------------
- arundhati roy
------------------
- arundhati roy
------------------
- arundhati roy
------------------

08-02-2008, 10:29 PM,
you guys aren't asking one question tho... if u can grow a pot plant, albeit it as healthy as charlie brown's christmas tree, on 24W, what could you grow on 300W? that's no more power used than a few lights on in your house,.... no heat for choppers thermal imaging your house, and no alarming power bills for the utility company to rat you out on
08-02-2008, 11:22 PM,
Quote:you guys aren't asking one question tho... if u can grow a pot plant, albeit it as healthy as charlie brown's christmas tree, on 24W, what could you grow on 300W? that's no more power used than a few lights on in your house,.... no heat for choppers thermal imaging your house, and no alarming power bills for the utility company to rat you out on

Exactly.

MMM
- Darwi Odrade
08-02-2008, 11:24 PM,
true

but 24w is neat and 12x24w is 288w =10 times more for same electricity bill as the 300w
in any case ithought it was neat as I havent seen that tried before

what im waiting to see is genetically modified plants that have thc

imagine thc watermelon, yum!
------------------
------------------
------------------
------------------
- Ed Brown, June 18 2007
------------------
- arundhati roy
------------------
- arundhati roy
------------------
- arundhati roy
------------------
- arundhati roy
------------------
- arundhati roy
------------------
- arundhati roy
------------------

08-03-2008, 03:29 AM,
I see this as being too much of a risk to crop ratio. 4 plants should yield at least a quapper. Yeah, so you don't have the electricity bill and heat issues, but the usual bust issue is an aromatic one. I see this as being faulty logic, since you're under the burner just for growing it, and charges are piled up on a plant to plant basis. You want the most yeild per plant. End of story.
08-03-2008, 03:38 AM,
There is also the fluorescent shelf system using "daylight" bulbs as an alternative to HPS or metal halide bulbs. Low power, almost no heat, compact grow area and decent plant output.

I don't know about this LED system. Seems like the light bandwidth is too narrow as the lanky plants show.
“Today’s scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after
equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality. ” -Nikola Tesla

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." -Jimi Hendrix

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  "WEED" A Dr Sanjay Gupta Special capnchronic 0 565 08-12-2013, 11:44 PM
Last Post: capnchronic
  Poll: 70 Percent of Americans Say Smoking Weed Is Not a Sin capnchronic 3 812 06-15-2013, 01:30 AM
Last Post: ras1911
Thumbs Up Amsterdam To Weed Smokers: Party On zoverload 1 987 11-07-2012, 05:50 PM
Last Post: CharliePrime
  More hypocrisy from the vatican: priests can rape alterboys, but nuns can't grow pot! h3rm35 0 543 06-15-2010, 10:15 PM
Last Post: h3rm35
  High Anxiety: Pot Growers Fear Legal Weed h3rm35 6 1,395 04-09-2010, 01:00 AM
Last Post: hilly7
  NORML Foundation To Relaunch NYC Times Square Ad Campaign — ‘Money Can Grow On Trees' h3rm35 0 521 03-13-2010, 09:26 PM
Last Post: h3rm35
  California city taxes weed to escape deficit mothandrust 8 1,673 07-28-2009, 12:12 AM
Last Post: ---
  Anyone Grow Ethnobotanical Plants Here? ayahuascero 0 718 04-25-2008, 12:30 PM
Last Post: ayahuascero
  Why is weed not being legalized? ephilution 31 5,214 09-22-2007, 12:12 PM
Last Post: evesky
  Cop Steals Weed, Makes Brownies, Calls 9/11 - I Think We're Dead waxzy 3 940 06-29-2007, 11:59 PM
Last Post: byrd