Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Grazing cattle display animal magnetism
08-29-2008, 02:26 AM,

Original URL: http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/08/26/dude_wheres_my_cow/

By Lester HainesPublished Tuesday 26th August 2008 09:46 GMTResearchers have explained why cattle will tend to face the same direction when grazing - a behaviour long known to herdsmen and hunters but previously attributed to either prevailing winds or the sun's position.

In fact, Reuters reports, they align their bodies along a north-south axis, suggesting the Earth's magnetic field is the "polarizing factor".

To prove it, Sabine Begall and colleagues at the University of Duisburg-Essen perused 8,510 Google Earth images encompassing 308 pastures and plains worldwide, plus "deer bed" impressions in snow created by around 3,000 deer in over 225 locations in the Czech Republic.

The team found that "whether grazing or resting, these animals face either magnetic north or south". Since the direction of the wind and sun "varied widely where the images were taken", it's reasonable to suggest they're reacting to the planet's magnetic influence.

Begall and colleagues reported in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences: "Our results call for an in-depth study of this phenomenon and challenge neuroscientists, biochemists and physicists to study the proximate mechanisms and biological significance of magnetic alignment."

As Reuters notes, "birds, turtles and salmon are known to use the Earth's magnetic field to guide their migrations, while rodents and one bat species have been found to possess an internal magnetic compass". This is the first time, however, that large mammals have shown this kind of animal magnetism.

The team's report does, though, suggest that humans and whales are "suspected of having an innate magnetic compass", demonstrated by previous research showing that people who "sleep in an east-west position have far shorter rapid eye movement or REM sleep cycles... compared with north-south sleepers who got more REM sleep". ®

08-29-2008, 03:18 AM,
would explain why animals freak before an earthquake potentially.
08-29-2008, 03:20 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-29-2008, 03:21 AM by ---.)
yeah that would sound so. I imagine there a numbers of implications to such findings.
08-29-2008, 03:31 AM,
excellent news, glad to see it appear in English media too.

The reason - which is unfortunately not yet known to the scientists - for the alignment of the cattle is their spine. The spine is a sort of antenna that, when aligned in the north-south direction, is advantageous to the organism. Also unfortunately it is not discovered yet what exactly is the context of spine/magnetic field/biochemical processes. But this study from Sabine Begall, Hynek Burda und Julia Neef is a good start.

It may pave the way to much more:
a] cattle horns are antennae too, and we should stop cutting them off. For the cattle's and our own sake.
b] the Global-Scaling-theory should find more support (which is none at the moment).
c] in an article of a German alternative science magazine I read about a successful emission of waves (what kind I don't remember). The sender or emitter was a spine of a skeleton from a big mammal.
d] the law of resonance could be better understood. Science and industry think that they can pollute our world with all kinds of waves without caring anything about interference, bio-chemical effects, and whatnot. As long as their technology works, and flora and fauna are not destroyed instantly, they don't care at all.

I would love to write more about this, but I have the corresponding info not at hand, and it is not available on the internet. It's important stuff, makes possible new findings in medicine, farming, technology, communication, and more.
I am my savior
08-29-2008, 03:38 AM,
Quote:d] the law of resonance could be better understood. Science and industry think that they can pollute our world with all kinds of waves without caring anything about interference, bio-chemical effects, and whatnot. As long as their technology works, and flora and fauna are not destroyed instantly, they don't care at all.

<h1 class="articleHeading"> SUICIDES ‘LINKED TO PHONE MASTS’ </h1> [Image: 49330_1.jpg]

There are thousands of masts in Britain

Sunday June 22,2008

<h4 class="left padding7north" style="font-size: 12px;"> By Lucy Johnston </h4> THE spate of deaths among young people in Britain’s suicide capital could be linked to radio waves from dozens of mobile phone transmitter masts near the victims’ homes.

Dr Roger Coghill, who sits on a Government advisory committee on mobile radiation, has discovered that all 22 youngsters who have killed themselves in Bridgend, South Wales, over the past 18 months lived far closer than average to a mast.

He has examined worldwide studies linking proximity of masts to depression. Dr Coghill’s work is likely to trigger alarm and lead to closer scrutiny of the safety of masts, which are frequently sited on public buildings such as schools and hospitals.

It is also likely to fuel more campaigns against placing masts close to public places on health grounds.

Dr Coghill said last night there was strong circumstantial evidence that the masts may have triggered depression in those from Bridgend who took their lives.

They include Kelly Stephenson, 20, who hanged herself from a shower rail in February this year while on holiday in Folkestone, Kent.

Dr Coghill said: “There is a body of research that has over the years pointed to the fact that exposure to mobile radiation can lead to depression. There is evidence of higher suicide rates where people live near any electrical equipment that gives off radio or electrical waves.”

[Image: 1.gif] SEARCH UK NEWS for:

There are now 70 million mobile phone handsets in the UK and around 50,000 masts. Both emit radio signals and electromagnetic fields that can penetrate the brain, and for many years campaigners have argued that this could seriously damage people’s health.

The national average for proximity to a mobile phone transmitter varies depending on the type of mast. The latest masts are far more powerful so they can transmit more sophisticated data, such as photos and videos for people to download on internet phones.

Masts are placed on average 800 metres away from each home across the country. In Bridgend the victims lived on average only 356 metres away.

The national average distance from a new powerful mast is a kilometre while in Bridgend it is 540 metres. Three transmitters were within 200 metres, 13 within 400 metres and as many as 22 within 500 metres of victims’ homes. Carwyn Jones, 28, who hanged himself last week, was the third young person in his street to commit suicide.

Research shows young people’s brains are more susceptible to radio wave energy. Only two weeks ago a report identified mobiles as having an effect on sleep patterns.

Dr Coghill added: “What seems to be happening is that the electrical energy is having an effect on the chemistry of the brain, depleting serotonin levels. We know that in depression serotonin levels are low and that a standard treatment for depression is to give drugs to boost serotonin levels. As they begin to work, the patient’s depression lifts.”

He said urgent research was needed because Britain was now covered with thousands of masts, many close to homes, schools and offices.

Since January 5, 2007, there have been 22 deaths of young people in the Bridgend area. Some believe the suicides are linked but so far experts have failed to find a common cause.

Thomas Davies, 20, hanged himself in February 2007. Last night his brother Nathan, 19, welcomed Dr Coghill’s research. “As far as this family is concerned nothing can bring Tom back,” he said. “But if there is a link found and something can be done then it could prevent further suicides.”

But Mike Dolan, executive director of the Mobile Operators Association, dismissed Dr Coghill’s research. “This is an insensitive and outrageous piece of speculation which has no basis in established science,” he said.

The Government’s Health Protection Agency insisted that fields from mobile masts – even modern powerful masts – were well within international agreed safety limits. “There is no evidence that masts do you harm. The levels of radio waves are very low.”

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/49330/...to-phone-masts-
08-29-2008, 04:02 AM,
yeah, that could be an example of undesired effects from waves, in this case microwaves.

I do not know if it is true, there is no scientific evidence available*. There are even signs of suppression of such evidence. It is a very unfortunate situation for the normal man, because he can't conduct a study without the help of bigger institutes, and these institutes have no interest in spoiling their own business and financial flow. It is a fight since a long time, and still there is no waterproof empiric without-the-shadow-of-a-doubt evidence available to force the authorities to stop this madness.

That is the reason why this cattle-study is so important. It may lead to a consensus in the science community that certain technologies must get banned.

*of course there is, but it is not accepted by science journals etc. That's why I write "no evidence". To believe that microwaves, RADAR, television, radio, etc. had no effect on flora and fauna is simply ignorant. It wouldn't be a problem when all these transmissions would run through cables. No problem at all.
I am my savior
08-29-2008, 04:37 AM,
as an electrician I experience different magnetic fields and RF anamolies regularly. I personally am very sensitive to them especially in my hands. I often use two pieces of large gauge copper in opposite hands to go divining for under ground tanks wires and for fun water. These pieces of copper are similar to horns! What if they served a purpose other than sparring, of finding water and or identifing what to eat and when? The herd in theory should follow the Bull with the biggest horns.
08-29-2008, 12:37 PM,
Quote:as an electrician I experience different magnetic fields and RF anamolies regularly. I personally am very sensitive to them especially in my hands. I often use two pieces of large gauge copper in opposite hands to go divining for under ground tanks wires and for fun water. These pieces of copper are similar to horns! What if they served a purpose other than sparring, of finding water and or identifing what to eat and when? The herd in theory should follow the Bull with the biggest horns.
The purpose of the cattle horns I do not know, but what you said makes sense. I also use two pieces of wire (iron, I think) and can locate water easily, but I never made the comparison to horns. Yeah, thinking about it, it appears quite convincing that horns could be there for finding water. I always was thinking of some kind of cosmic purpose because the horns point to the sky, but the cows are grazing and the horns horizontally most of their daytime, so it really could have a dowsing purpose.

Good idea, ToddTraf, thank you.
I am my savior
08-29-2008, 02:09 PM,
Quote:Good idea, ToddTraf, thank you.

ditto

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  150 human animal hybrids grown in UK labs: Embryos have been produced secretively for mexika 0 599 07-23-2011, 08:33 AM
Last Post: mexika
  The Effects of Genetically Modified Foods on Animal Health icosaface 0 698 01-03-2010, 08:56 PM
Last Post: icosaface
  We have created human-animal embryos already, say British team --- 7 998 04-16-2008, 12:36 PM
Last Post: shard
  Electronic tattoo display runs on blood Easy Skanking 5 1,437 02-22-2008, 05:39 AM
Last Post: Easy Skanking
  Results Of Animal Testing (gm Modified Foods) SerialExpLain 1 1,101 05-17-2007, 12:07 PM
Last Post: hardboiled11
  Animal Blood For Us Troops? w199i 0 420 02-15-2007, 12:21 AM
Last Post: w199i