Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
EVENT: SHUT ITT (UK)
10-07-2008, 10:08 AM,
A meeting will be held at 6pm on the evening of 14th October for all those who are travelling from around the country to the demonstration. Please try and make it down VENUE TBA

ACCOMODATION - We will try to provide crashspace accomodation for all those travelling to the demo. Contact smashedo@riseup.net if you need somewhere to stay
Wear RED! Bring whistles, banners, drums... be ready to make some noise

Shut down the Brighton bomb makers!

Meet October 15th, at 12 noon opposite Falmer Station, Through the underpass, next to the Sussex University sign. (3 miles from Brighton Station)

http://www.smashedo.org.uk/shut-itt.htm
The revolution is not an apple that falls when it is ripe. You have to make it fall. - Che Guevara

Resistance Films Youtube Channel

TriWooOx Podcast
10-07-2008, 10:18 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-07-2008, 10:20 AM by rsol.)
ill take my camera, lets hope im not working that day:)

If any artists out there can rig me up a "PRESS pass" for CC, i can make those there a bit more aware of us.
10-07-2008, 10:21 AM,
I'm trying to get the day off work, 2 hour train journey for me:)
The revolution is not an apple that falls when it is ripe. You have to make it fall. - Che Guevara

TriWooOx Podcast
10-07-2008, 11:26 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-07-2008, 11:28 AM by ---.)
Quote:ill take my camera, lets hope im not working that day:)

If any artists out there can rig me up a "PRESS pass" for CC, i can make those there a bit more aware of us.

thought about this group?

http://www.fitwatch.blogspot.com/ - smashedopress@yahoo.co.uk

I wish I could go - sounds like a good day out
10-07-2008, 02:40 PM,
Quote:ill take my camera, lets hope im not working that day:)

I could do it...but how official do you want it to look? I looked some up online and most have all kinds of personal info on them like this one...
http://binghamtonpmc.org/bhuston/presspass...pass_sample.png

I could make one though if you seriously want it.
"Listen to everyone, read everything, believe nothing unless you can prove it in your own research"
~William Cooper

DTTNWO!
10-07-2008, 02:54 PM,
sadly i can't be there either, am 300 miles away and working nights. but this is a great group of people, dynamic and committed with a wealth of ideas for undermining EDO (and the police).

the film 'on the verge', made by smashEDO and released in March 2008, is a most enjoyable and informative documentary about the group and their exploits.

here's a 2 min trailer on youtube - http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=oj-Qdop4gPs&eurl=
Vitam Impendere Vero
10-07-2008, 03:46 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-07-2008, 05:10 PM by ---.)
ah,die mittel klass bloc j/k They've got loose morals and take too much MDMA :freaked:and that's not even to go into the twiddly dee folk singing hippies.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=-CtaBZg2S-M&feature=user

one of my good mates is at 4mins 10seconds in :freaked:

not to digress too much but one of the big problems in Prague was that many local people were horrified at the amount of Stalinist communist groups who marched during the demos, like TKD and thought that the demonstrators basically wanted to bring back the old ways. this infiltration has never been addressed by the anti-globalisation movement, the likes of the SWP etc in the UK,who are basically hiearchical centralists, this is to their detriment IMO. some of us went with the blue march headed by the Seattle marching band ( at about 16mins or so)not the pink one - we had a harder time tbh, it was a full on street battle not to sound too cocky. one Dutch demonstrator I knew a bit jumped out of a police station window to escape what they were doing to arrested demonstrators in the stations, breaking both her legs. But that was Praha..digression over..we did stop the conference though..but momentum seemingly has petered out and security has become monolithic at g8 summits,by all accounts.

When the crash arrives I think there may well be a renaissance in direct action - hopefully if it comes it won't be usurped by panicking mobs with no further vision than looting up market shops. Even with the latest non lethal tech. they couldn't resist the sheer numbers if people stood up. Although I don't trust him Mar had a point about how it would need to get to a really bad state of affairs across the board before 'the people' would revolt. It's just a shame tpth alreadyhave tried to figure this into the game plan. It doesn't mean it's a foregone conclusion they will be successful though.

The schnews lot and undercurrents are nice people if a little closed minded when it comes to a lot of aspects to the conspiracy that exists and to the fact it's a very real possibility that Richard Dawkins school of thought might be talking out of it's proverbial ass. They throw good parties though:freaked:It should be a good day out,I wish I could go.
10-07-2008, 09:00 PM,
Wont be able to make this one as my boss has the day off:(...

I think my boss plans days off around these events so that I cant go.

If anyone does go it would be good to get some footage/pictures

TriWooOx Podcast
10-16-2008, 02:43 PM,
Quote:The success of today's demonstration, despite heavy police repression and brutality, showed the ingenuity and passion of anti-war protesters from around the country and the growth of the movement against EDO MBM/ITT.
The day started with protesters meeting outside the University of Sussex, greeted by a large presence of cops dispensing section 60 and section 14 notices and their own form of 'just policing'.
After attempted snatch squads and arrests, the demo moved off through police lines, and onto the A27 marching towards Home Farm road. After seeing the obvious trap set up (using police and fencing) on Home Farm Road, protesters remained at the bottom attemping to proceed towards the town centre.
They were however, hindered by the many police vans parked across the road, blocking it completely. Protesters then outflanked police by heading into the woods, stretching police resources, whilst others headed into town.
Indymedia reported that some anonymous protestors threw around forty bottles of red paint at the factory.
Groups then reconverged in town to make people aware EDO's complicity in war crimes, and their existence within our community.

Well done to all who refused to be intimidated by the police aggression. The passion and size of the crowd shows how we can shut the arms dealers down.

http://www.smashedo.org.uk/news.htm

TriWooOx Podcast

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Eyes Wide Shut RaFTertheONE 4 945 08-07-2013, 03:19 PM
Last Post: shortwave
  Large 'Meteors' seen over UK and Eire - Astronomer says an anomalous event Frank2 0 528 09-22-2012, 02:37 AM
Last Post: Frank2
  UK Event Alert - Richard Hoagland and More... shuffle 0 465 08-28-2009, 12:18 PM
Last Post: shuffle
  Eyes Wide Shut drummer 4 989 06-22-2009, 10:34 AM
Last Post: rsol
  Time to shut up shop and go home ? drummer 36 4,775 05-12-2009, 09:49 PM
Last Post: ---
  EVENT: Aldermaston Big Blockade TriWooOx 0 461 10-14-2008, 01:34 PM
Last Post: TriWooOx
  Bush Approves First Military Execution, Today Special, Tomorrow an Everyday Event.. Yakhont26 0 378 07-29-2008, 12:23 PM
Last Post: Yakhont26
  Wikileaks.org Shut Down by CA Judge - Internet Fighting Back Yakhont26 0 433 02-22-2008, 03:17 AM
Last Post: Yakhont26
  State Dept. Urged to Shut Saudi School in Fairfax pizzaman777 0 343 10-19-2007, 05:40 AM
Last Post: pizzaman777
  Demonoid Shut Down by the CRIA? drummer 22 2,587 10-09-2007, 08:02 PM
Last Post: FlungPup