Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do Schools Kill Creativity?
11-04-2008, 05:54 PM,
http://www.ted.com/index.php/talks/ken_rob...creativity.html

Unite The Many, defeat the few.

Revolution is for the love of your people, culture, knowledge, wisdom, spirit, and peace. Not Greed!
Soul Rebel Native Son

http://video.google.ca/videoplay?docid=277...enous&hl=en
11-04-2008, 08:56 PM,
School kills creativity, absolutely. Everyone who has been to school experienced that first hand.
11-04-2008, 10:13 PM,
They tried to kill my creativity but I wouldn't fit into the box. They realized that it was harder than trying to cram an octopus into an oatmeal container and gave up on me.:D
“Today’s scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after
equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality. ” -Nikola Tesla

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." -Jimi Hendrix
11-04-2008, 10:14 PM,
Of course (public schools). Ulitimately they're nothing more than government indoctrination centers.
Yo
11-05-2008, 07:41 AM,
WoW...Interesting that some of you feel that way. So what is the purpose of Public Schools and how can a Kid who demonstrates certain talents get the fuck out of there and be a real free spirit creator.

Revolution is for the love of your people, culture, knowledge, wisdom, spirit, and peace. Not Greed!
Soul Rebel Native Son

11-05-2008, 09:00 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-05-2008, 09:07 AM by shZ.)
Quote:Of course (public schools). Ulitimately they're nothing more than government indoctrination centers.
My sentiments exactly. There is no institution, at least in some way linked to the government or infrastructure, that is not untouched. They are all used to marginalize, demoralize, divide and control.

EDIT: Essentially, the social spaces they exist in discourage independent thought and encourage operating in frameworks restricted by various preselected and approved, consciously or unconsciously, paradigms you're strongly discouraged to leave. They may employ both hard and soft forms of coercion to strip you of your existential independence.
shZ - Minimal Tech Session v2.3
Style: Minimal, Techno, Tech House, Progressive House
Download link: Minimal Tech Sessions v2.3

shZ - Minimal Tech Session v1.3 / The Journey to Here
Style: Minimal, Techno, Tech House, Breaks / Progressive House, Minimal Tech House
Download link: Minimal Tech Sessions v1.3 / The Journey to Here

shZ - Lucid Perceptions (A New Beggining) / Psy Eclipse
Style: Trance, Progressive Trance/House, Breaks / Psy Trance, Goa Trance, Trance
Download link: Lucid Perceptions (A New Beggining) / Psy Eclipse
11-05-2008, 05:47 PM,
any book recommendations on this one?

Soul Rebel Native Son

11-06-2008, 07:06 PM,
Quote:They tried to kill my creativity but I wouldn't fit into the box. They realized that it was harder than trying to cram an octopus into an oatmeal container and gave up on me.:D

word... the only person that can kill creativity is you... if school does kill your creativity, then you were a sheep to begin with.

I spent most of my time in highschool dropping acid, smoking weed, and playing music.
11-06-2008, 08:32 PM,
Of course you're a sheep already when you enter school for the first time. You are 5-6 years old and look up to the teachers, I mean... come on :-D

What is the purpose of the school system? Well, look at the people that finish school, what they can or can't do. How they think and don't think... that's the purpose. The system is designed to produce the outcome it produces right now. If the government wanted that to change, it would change it.

11-06-2008, 09:17 PM,
Bob Marley Wrote:We didn't have education. We had inspiration. If I was educated, I'd be a damn fool.

Vitam Impendere Vero
11-06-2008, 09:31 PM,
Quote:
Bob Marley Wrote:We didn't have education. We had inspiration. If I was educated, I'd be a damn fool.

QFT!
“Today’s scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after
equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality. ” -Nikola Tesla

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." -Jimi Hendrix
11-06-2008, 09:46 PM,
Quote:
Quote:

QFT!

what? does he mean if he was educated in public schools he would be a fool which public shools produce, fools?

Soul Rebel Native Son

11-07-2008, 12:30 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-07-2008, 04:23 AM by mothandrust.)
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

QFT!

what? does he mean if he was educated in public schools he would be a fool which public shools produce, fools?
i don't think he was referring just to public schools but schooling/education in general - well, that provided by structured authority

'education' comes from the Latin verb 'educe', meaning, "to bring out". does that not show you right there education (within our societies) is complete horse shit? they have no wish or intention "to bring out", only to put in. in fact the opposite of genuine education.
Vitam Impendere Vero
11-07-2008, 12:39 AM,
Without a doubt, the publicly funded school systems try to kill creativity. They almost always succeed. At the very least, they don't encourage it.

Most of the BlueBlood private schools try to turn you into a vicious elitist prick as well...
[Image: randquote.png]
11-07-2008, 01:10 AM,
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

QFT!

You are failing to see the philosophical fallacy of modern schools. You shouldn't teach a person, you should help them learn for themselves. Very big difference. The former leads to indoctrination of whatever is the currently accepted curriculum. The latter lets a person learn for themselves and find their own truth or knowledge (or whatever other word you like to use for it).
The belief in 'coincidence' is the prevalent superstition of the Age of Science.

&I don't understand why you're taking such a belligerant tone when you're obviously the ignorant one here. &
-triplesix

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Thumbs Up What is the Mystery of the Mystery Schools? mxnr 33 5,304 05-29-2010, 12:39 AM
Last Post: h3rm35
  Chinese should be taught in schools: education minister joeblow 7 1,314 05-18-2010, 06:50 PM
Last Post: kevlar
  Anybody watching Kill It Cook It Eat It ? Weyland 0 464 01-07-2010, 09:01 AM
Last Post: Weyland
  Save the world, kill a politician. Guest 1 493 08-28-2009, 04:29 AM
Last Post: hilly7
  Fox analyst: Taliban should kill US soldier if he deserted TriWooOx 2 579 07-20-2009, 09:39 PM
Last Post: ---
  Dolphins seen trying to kill calf --- 1 556 05-21-2009, 01:23 PM
Last Post: humbug
  Living outside the box: New evidence shows going abroad linked to creativity --- 0 430 05-19-2009, 02:07 PM
  Horror and stresses of Iraq duty led US sergeant to kill comrades drummer 14 1,784 05-19-2009, 12:48 PM
  They shot our son but they can't kill his spirit TriWooOx 7 820 10-14-2008, 04:38 PM
Last Post: TriWooOx
  LaRouche: “They Will Kill You” - PaCmAns words for YEARS TheTruth 0 417 10-04-2008, 02:05 AM
Last Post: TheTruth