Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I tripped last night
12-28-2008, 03:55 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-28-2008, 04:03 AM by triplesix.)
I tripped last night
So, an acquiantance procured some salvia for me for my 25th birthday, coming up soon here, and I partook of the divine sage that evening. These are the events that followed.

I broke the Golden Rule, in retrospect. In my naive mind I was simply encouraging someone to expand their perceptions of reality when in fact I had coerced a pair of mentally-unprepared individuals into a dramatic and perhaps much too powerful warp in awarness. In any event, three individuals were coming off of their trip when I began mine. They were wrenching themselves out of the experience out of self-consciousness and fear. Undetered I asked the salvia to make contact and I took a hit.

Immediately, the world seemed to spin, and spiral, collapsing inward while simulatenously not altering the fundamental perception of legitimate three-dimensional space. I'm viewing this undulating, self-collapsing, spiralling mass that is my eye-perception of the universe, my room in the apartment in this context, as if I am viewing it from a non-eye point of observation some distance back from behind my head. It wasn't that I could see me, or my head, it was a perception of seeing with the eyes from my natural position, but perceiving the universe and literally being some distance back from my head. Since my position was back but my eye-sight remained the same, it was as if I was viewing it through a keyhole, where the image was in the center of my perception and surrounding it was a haze. This haze existed only in the sense that there was this black void of non-existence. And all the time this perception of the universe, the legitimate existing reality seen by my eyes, spun wildly with repetitive blinking waves of the same image produced from the void in a two-dimensional, "flipping pages" sort of animation.

And all the while I have this overwhelming sense of wonder at what I am percieving, when I sense and intuitively know that there are two other beings, sentient intelligences, there with me. What I know about these creatures is that they exist in a completely different state of being and exist in a fundamentally connected but also fundamentally different manner. I think the largest difference between our sentience and theirs is the presence of self-determination and free will. These beings seemed bound to their duties in my interaction with them, and they reacted to me in a way I can best describe as the urban legend goes regarding the British Grenadier Guards in their tall, black hats and red uniforms. Intelligent, thinking, regimented, prohibited beings, capable of interaction but hesitant to do so. But I also felt a feeling of camaraderie I haven't felt in a long time, since grade school, with these things. It was the feeling you get when you are in on a prank or misdeed. While this two dimensional page flipping was occurring, I kept wanting to interrupt the mechanics of this duplication. I wanted to jam a wrench in the machine and fuck up the processes. I specifically wanted to interact with the immense, bright energy that appeared at the very edge of existence and non-existence. I remember being told in my mind "if you do that it will destroy the universe" and yet I toyed with the brink haphazardly, with Loki-like incredulity. These other beings there were not the origin of the voice that remanded me, but instead were equally inferior to the disembodied authority. They too took some pleasure in my insensitivities to the peculiarities of their existence. My attempts to casually destroy the universe, though clearly futile and inept, were at the least entertaining. And so I felt like I did as a child, united against authority, in the pursuit of fun.

Quickly though this feeling changed. I felt the intelligence get instantly angry with me. In a different way than my nuisance-like behavior earlier in my perceptions. Now the others who had smoked were distraught, chatting nervously about their experiences, and walking about the apartment. The trip became overwhelmingly disapproving. I was ejected from my perception. I was cut-off from the other sentiences. I felt an overwhelming feeling of having done wrong and the feeling you get when you know you have been caught but have not yet faced up to the punishment. I thought I had to leave. I immediately attempted to perceive the room and squawked bizarre croaks out to my roommates, now in other rooms. I attempted to see the floor so I could put my feet down. I saw hundreds, thousands, of golden crystalline energy structures, like playing card diamonds, spread throughout the surface of everything, but I was cognizant enough to stumble to the bathroom to blow my nose, as I've had an epic cold for almost two weeks now. By now my perception of reality was returning and I could still see, though the visions tried to manifest themselves almost angrily and a feeling of prickly pins and needles crawled over my skin. I made it to my roommates to ask hurriedly if we had to leave, and where we were going and how soon. I still felt that I was in big trouble and had done very bad things. I realized in retrospect that I had instantly forgotten that I had taken salvia and was keenly unaware of myself or my trip. My thoughts and emotions were completely dissociated with my real life.

It took a long time for this to sink in. I had to lay down and think about what had happened for many hours.

I still don't know what to think.

Peace,

Happy Holidays
&We grow to recognize form. We grow to label that form. In doing so, do we become more intelligent? Do we become more awakened?& - Siji Tzu 四季子
12-28-2008, 04:53 AM,
I tripped last night
What extract you used? Happy holidays
[Image: Palestinian_Dawn_by_Palestinian_Pride.jpg]
12-28-2008, 05:32 AM,
I tripped last night
It never works for me. I have tried and tried. nothing. I see or hear, or taste....

nothing. I have tried the strongest stuff to no effect. I have no idea....
Unite The Many, defeat the few.

Revolution is for the love of your people, culture, knowledge, wisdom, spirit, and peace. Not Greed!
Soul Rebel Native Son

http://video.google.ca/videoplay?docid=277...enous&hl=en
12-28-2008, 05:56 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-28-2008, 07:50 AM by ---.)
I tripped last night
I think you had a pretty classic salvia trip. out of the back of the head/floating back into yourself(?). Seeing dimensions fold like 2d sheets of paper, seeing the edges of reality a blackness void beyond it's edge. Meeting sentiences. Forgetting you've smoked it.

It is rather good you had the prescience of mind to attempt to chuck a spanner in the works upon perceiving the bright energetic area - what do you think about the fact that it seemed to get angry?
12-28-2008, 06:00 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-28-2008, 06:03 AM by ---.)
I tripped last night
Quote:It never works for me. I have tried and tried. nothing. I see or hear, or taste....

nothing. I have tried the strongest stuff to no effect. I have no idea....

If you've already tried a few times then I guess you want to experience it..

burning it quick with a high temp. flame should help and taking big lungfuls and holding the smoke down a while between them. Some people seem resistant to salvinorinA's psychtropic effect but if you keep trying it'll happen sooner or later. The higher the temperature the extract is combusted at can make all the difference.

You could also try chewing a quid as well, with a bit of extract added to the inside of it, that works well for some.

http://www.salvia-divinorum.com/salvia-faq-use.html
12-28-2008, 07:45 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-28-2008, 07:51 AM by triplesix.)
I tripped last night
I don't know the exact concentration of the extract, as it was a gift, but extrapolating that the leaves have certainly been processed, finely shredded, stained a darker shade of blackish green, reminiscent of a salvia production experiment ages ago, I would approximate a 5x extract.

I'm not sure why everything went so angry. I became really disoriented. I think I partly conceived the moment everyone vacated the room, and I felt like I had to as well, and so in a panicked state attempted to abort my visions and sober up and deal with real life's matters, thinking something urgent was occurring when in reality everyone was just getting water. I think I tried to abort the trip too soon and had nagging concerns about my roommates' well-being that disturbed my state of mind. Something externally sentient, authoritative, grandiose, but not godly, felt a real anger toward me, somewhat akin to the bouncer who throws the regular out on his ass. It's not malign, not entirely, there may even be some proximal, fragmentary relationship between the two, but when the customer gets disorderly the bouncer gets tough. Those are the breaks. I feel sort of intuitively this was the matter.

In all honesty mexika I feel the plant is preventing you from experiencing it. Before I tried lots of psychedelics I found this an instantly condescending thing to say. I mean, I am implicitly saying that the plant didn't prevent me from experiencing it, but I think it is preventing you from experiencing it. It sounds like I'm being a jackass. But hear me out. This was the seventh time I'd smoked salvia and the second time I'd tripped from it. The first was profound, joyous, and embryonic. From then on I desired it again and tried to smoke it later that night, the next day, after a couple days, the next week. Nothing for a very long time. I put it out of my mind and it arrived, as a gift from a friend, at a very opportune time. Perhaps if you put it out of your mind as well, it will present itself at the right time. I know, everyone tells me that my neotaoist noncommittal phrases are annoying deflections, but what can I say? Sometimes I just think things work that way.

I think there is something truly society-wrecking at the conjunction of the proper love-based frame of mind and the collusion of psychedelic modes of perception. It is the doom of our ego-based, destruction-oriented, consumption-driven way of life. Unfortunately, serious forces exist in mysterious ways. Knowledge the elite has gone through extraordinary, even for themselves, excesses of violence and repression to destroy from existence forever. One of our only solaces is that this knowledge is inherently preserved in miraculous molecules. We can transcribe floral consciousness from the shamanic experience.

In the 1950s, Foundation for Shamanic Studies founder Michael Herner imbibed a Banisteriopsis brew under the guidance of Conibo shamans in the Peruvian Amazon. He relates: "For several hours after drinking the brew, I found myself, although awake, in a world literally beyond my wildest dreams. I met bird-headed people, as well as dragon-like creatures who explained that they were the true gods of the world." When asking the shamans about these dragons, the shamans smiled and said, "They are always saying that. But they are only the Masters of Outer Darkness."
&We grow to recognize form. We grow to label that form. In doing so, do we become more intelligent? Do we become more awakened?& - Siji Tzu 四季子
12-28-2008, 08:02 AM,
I tripped last night
Last time i encountered them and it was more than two, I had a very strong feeling that they were laughing that I was there and was being ushered somewhere "come on,come on,glad you've made it,there's lots to learn"

At the time it seemed very friendly and blissful until I tried to resist to going and then it got sketchy - my sitter knew that that was the time to turn up the music and I snapped out of it as sounds of Dub sydicate and Bill Laswell's 'Radioactive Dub' managed to make it into my head.

I still don't know what to make of it but my general feeling is that there was a 'trickster' element to these sentiences/spirits.

I don't see why I have to go somewhere if I don't want to and that it pissed them off..well,it does't seem so cool..you know what I mean?

It doesn't stop me from returning when the time is right though.
12-28-2008, 11:34 AM,
I tripped last night
Hi

Thanks for posting that.

Have you tried decent [ie: synthetic / strong] DMT?? If so i would be interested in your comparison between the two.

I have done DMT but never found any salvia that has worked to get me "off" in same way.

Ibogaine did a lot of the stuff you described above - but i would NEVER take that stuff again - you'd have to tie me down and force-feed it:)
"We are just glorified monkeys in suits.... show me where it's written we should be able to model the cosmos?!" -Terence McKenna, 21st Century Bard
R.I.P-ranks Terence. I miss your take on life.
=-=
12-28-2008, 05:52 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-28-2008, 05:54 PM by drew hempel.)
I tripped last night
Nik -- this debunks your torch-flame light water bong hegemony:

"A torch-flame lighter offers no particular advantage when smoking extract-enhanced leaves because the volume of leaf required can be ignited with sufficient rapidity using an ordinary lighter, or even a match."

The link you give recommends another article but without hypertext -- that's where I got the above:

http://www.sagewisdom.org/smokeadvice.html
12-28-2008, 07:32 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-28-2008, 07:38 PM by ---.)
I tripped last night
Quote:Nik -- this debunks your torch-flame light water bong hegemony:

"A torch-flame lighter offers no particular advantage when smoking extract-enhanced leaves because the volume of leaf required can be ignited with sufficient rapidity using an ordinary lighter, or even a match."

The link you give recommends another article but without hypertext -- that's where I got the above:

http://www.sagewisdom.org/smokeadvice.html

LOL Goodness gracious me, why on earth would you be you out to try and debunk me on such a piffling thing.fella? On a mission are we? Loosen up, not my fault you bought whole sale into 'telekinetic' circus tricks is it? Anyway, you're wrong (LOL) It does certainly apply to extract - salvinorinA requires a high temp. to fully vapourise , why don't you check out the BASIC Salvia FAQ's I already linked to in this thread if you don't believe me. :P:rolleyes::D

And believe me, with the price of extract as it is, you really want to get the most from it possible, rather than wasting it on lame tame or 'level 6' experiences ..

One thing you have to remember here, Drew is that I know Salvia pretty well.
Have a look around you'll see I'm right.
12-30-2008, 08:51 PM,
I tripped last night
-
You mention price - how much does Salvia go for where you are then?

Or anyone else??

Sure you can grow yer own on a window ledge or something.
"We are just glorified monkeys in suits.... show me where it's written we should be able to model the cosmos?!" -Terence McKenna, 21st Century Bard
R.I.P-ranks Terence. I miss your take on life.
=-=
12-30-2008, 09:51 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-30-2008, 10:41 PM by ---.)
I tripped last night
Quote:-
You mention price - how much does Salvia go for where you are then?

Or anyone else??

Sure you can grow yer own on a window ledge or something.

Well it's not exactly exorbitant - last time I bought some it was 20 quid uk per gram of x20 and I got a bit off as I bought 5 grams.

Also, I still have a plant in the UK which someone else looks after. If you are relatively okay at growing plants it won't present any difficulties but if you're a bit crap with them then Salvia can be a bit chore to cultivate. It has it's light,temp,ph and humidity sweet spots and you need to find them in order to harvest any sort of decent amount of leaf material..nutrients wise it's not so fussy. It will adapt to different conditions quite amazingly and will adopt different growth patterns too eg. leaf shape but it does this relatively slow (to our conception of time - fast for a plant,probably) and won't anywhere near produce as much unless in the environmental conditions it favours.

The problem with trying to make your own extract from dried leaves is that it is nigh on impossible to accurately gauge the strength of the resulting material...which is ok if you are careful with it, I guess..

leaves, as they are, from the plant will always be incomparable to the experience of concentrated extract - the best possible would be a quid of fresh leaves after rinsing with mouthwash ( your mouth, not the plant) but even then it's nothing like the x10 x20 x30 dosage.

At that strength it's more comparable to DMT, although DMT is more full on, again...

imo
12-30-2008, 09:59 PM,
I tripped last night
I've got a hold of some x40 that might get a whirl on New Years....:D
“Today’s scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after
equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality. ” -Nikola Tesla

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." -Jimi Hendrix
12-30-2008, 10:04 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-30-2008, 10:11 PM by ---.)
I tripped last night
Quote:I've got a hold of some x40 that might get a whirl on New Years....:D

Have you had a hit off that strength before ES? It's not exactly recreational - you honestly should have a sitter for that strength imho

ESpecially if you're going to be anywhere near your bedini apparatus:LOL:(j/k)
12-30-2008, 10:34 PM,
I tripped last night
I haven't tried it that strong before but I don't consider Salvia recreational to start and I will have my Blunt Brother there, so no worries.
“Today’s scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after
equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality. ” -Nikola Tesla

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." -Jimi Hendrix