Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Recommended Reading for Science, Tech & Discoveries
01-10-2009, 05:49 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-04-2011, 03:36 AM by yeti.)
This thread is for recommended reading dealing with science, technology and discoveries.
Please give the title, author and a brief synopsis of the material. Any additional info you want to include is at your discretion. Please refrain from posting covers as this thread may be lengthy and that will help with load speed.

Conventional Electromagnetics:

Practical Electronics for Inventors by Paul Scherz - Inventors in the field of electronics are individuals who possess the knowledge, intuition, creativity, and technical know-how to turn their ideas into real-life electrical gadgets. It is my hope that this book will provide you with an intuitive understanding of the theoretical and practical aspects of electronics in a way that fuels your creativity. A number of electronics books seem to throw a lot of technical formulas and theory at the reader from the start before ever giving the reader an idea of what a particular electrical device does, what the device actually looks like, how it compares with other devices similar to it, and how it is used in applications. If practical information is present, it is often toward the end of the chapter, and by this time, the reader may have totally lost interest in the subject or may have missed the “big picture,” confused by details and formulas. Practical Electronics for Inventors does not have this effect on the reader. Each chapter is broken up into sections with the essential practical information listed first.

The Art of Electronics by Paul Horowitz and Winfield Hill - "Horowitz and Hill has long been established among students and teachers (and many practicing engineers) as the standard reference book... For many it is the first port of call whenever faced with a seemingly intractable problem. The standard riposte when a tricky electronics puzzle is posed is, 'Have you looked in Horowitz and Hill?'. This second volume carries on une grande tradition... It is, without doubt, the book for the practical engineer. No cerebral theorizing here, no long sections of abstruse mathematical derivations; just page after page of solid empirical engineering. It is also light-hearted and anecdotal, with some wonderful pages of bad circuit 'howlers' that the authors have encountered."

Electromagnetics Explained by Ron Schmitt - "This text is mainly intended as an introductory guide and reference for engineers and students who need to apply the concepts of electromagnetics to real-world problems in electrical engineering. Germane disciplines include radio frequency (RF) design, high-speed digital design, and electromagnetic compatibility (EMC). Electromagnetism is the theory that underlies all of electronics and circuit theory. With circuit theory being only an approximation, many problems, such as those of radiation and transmission line effects, require a working knowledge of electromagnetic concepts. I have included practical tips and examples of real applications of electromagnetic concepts to help the reader bridge the gap between theory and practice. Taking a more general view, this book can be utilized by anyone learning electromagnetics or RF theory, be they scientist, engineer, or technician. In addition to self-study, it could serve well as a companion text for a traditional class on electromagnetics or as a companion text for classes on RF or high-speed electronics."

The Secret World of Magnets (Spintronics) by Howard Johnson - "Howard Johnson first became interested in magnetics while doing some graduate work at Vanderbilt University. Several patents later he was joined by Jerry Beyer, a senior scientist in Chemical Engineering at V.P.I., and Steve Davis, an electrical engineer and leading computer man. Together they broke some of the magnetic code which they present here just as they found it."

Conventional Physics:

Physics for Dummies by Stephen Holzner, PhD - "Physics For Dummies is all about physics from your point of view. I’ve taught physics to many thousands of students at the university level, and from that experience, I know that most students share one common trait: confusion. As in, “I’m confused as to what I did to deserve such torture.” This book is different. Instead of writing it from the physicist’s or professor’s point of view, I write it from the reader’s point of view. After thousands of one-on-one tutoring sessions, I know where the usual book presentation of this stuff starts to confuse people, and I’ve taken great care to jettison the top-down kinds of explanations. You don’t survive one-on-one tutoring sessions for long unless you get to know what really makes sense to people — what they want to see from their points of view. In other words, I designed this book to be crammed full of the good stuff — and only the good stuff. You also discover unique ways of looking at problems that professors and teachers use to make figuring out the problems simple."

On the Notation of Maxwell’s Field Equations by André Waser - The complete set of the equations of James Clerk MAXWELL are known in electrodynamics since 1865. These have been defined for 20 field variables. Later Oliver HEAVISIDE and William GIBBS have transformed this equations into the today’s most used notation with vectors. This has not been happened without 'background noise‘, then at that time many scientists – one of them has been MAXWELL himself – was convinced, that the correct notation for electrodynamics must be possible with quaternions and not with vectors. A century later EINSTEIN introduced Special Relativity and since then it was common to summarize MAXWELL’s equations with four-vectors.
The search at magnetic monopoles has not been coming to an end, since DIRAC introduced a symmetric formulation of MAXWELL’s equations without using imaginary fields. But in this case the conclusion from the Special Theory of Relativity, that the magnetic field originates from relative motion only, can not be hold anymore. The non-symmetry in MAXWELL’s equations of the today’s vector notation may have disturbed many scientists intuitively, what could be the reason, that they published an extended set of equations, which they sometime introduced for different applications. This essay summarizes the main different notation forms of MAXWELL’s equations.

Tesla's Aether Science:

A History of the Theories of Aether and Electricity by Sir Edmund Whittaker - "Physicists, interested lay readers, and historians of science. This survey of the history of electrodynamics provides insight into the revolutionary advances made in physics during 19th and the first quarter of the 20th centuries. The first volume covers the theories of classical physics from the time of Plato to the end of the 19th century. The second volume examines the origins of the discoveries that paved the way for modern physics with the emphasis on special relativity, quantum theories, general relativity, matrix mechanics, and wave mechanics."

Energy From the Vacuum: Concepts and Principles by Tom Bearden - " This is the culmination of 30 years of original thinking and looking with fresh eyes at concepts of science, a process of on-going analysis recommended long ago by Albert Einstein. Dr. Bearden's findings are good news for his theories point the way to the extraction and harnessing of inexhaustible clean energy from the vacuum. With the development an ubiquitous deployment of free-energy mechanisms, the strategic vulnerabilities of centralized power systems can be eradicated and the run away degradation of the biosphere reversed. And there is suddenly a viable antidote for the perpetual poverty of under-developed nations."

The Final Secret of Free Energy by Tom Bearden - "This paper contains the real secret of tapping the vacuum energy very simply, using almost any source of potential (battery, electrostatic generator a la Swiss electrostatic device (the Testatika), elevated wire wire/250 V/m in the earth/ionosphere potential, etc). The objective is for the moderately technical reader to understand how to build and understand not only a single device, but also hundreds of different kinds of them. While it is quite simple, the "magic principle" contained in this paper only took me some 30 years to discover. The precise definitions necessary to understand the free energy rationale are included. Also included are some very simple pseudo equations for the process. Do not underestimate these simple pseudo equations -- they tell the tale that's needed."

Free Energy Generation: Circuits and Schematics by Tom Bearden and John Bedini - "Want to build a Radiant (Negative) Energy battery charger? Then this book is for you—as Free Energy Generation contains the 100 plus page Provisional Patent Application originally filed in 2004 by John Bedini and Tom Bearden, which they have now generously placed into the public domain. This treatise holds nothing back, and includes virtually all they collectively know about negative energy. Included are circuit diagrams, oscilloscope traces, the works!
And as a bonus, Free Energy Generation also contains the re-issue of John Bedini's classic 1984 book—Bedini's Free Energy Generator, a “how-to” book about building a proven free energy generator, complete with circuit and parts list. This marked one of Tom Bearden and John Bedini's first cooperative ventures, over 20 years ago.
The whole book is generously illustrated with color photographs of John and Tom taken in the Bedini lab over the 20 years, and the “classic” 1984 Bedini monograph is printed on commemorative antiqued paper."

The Free Energy Secrets of Cold Electricity by Peter A. Lindemann, D.Sc. - This material covers the complete explanation of how inventor Edwin Gray, Sr. produced what he called "Cold Electricity". EV Gray discovered that the discharge of a high voltage capacitor could be shocked into releasing a huge radiant electrostatic burst. This energy spike was produced by his circuitry and captured in a special device Gray called his "conversion element switching tube" shown here. The non-shocking, cold form of energy that came out of this "conversion tube" powered all of his demonstrations, appliances, and motors as well recharged his batteries. Mr. Gray referred to this process as "splitting the positive."

Prodigal Genius: The Biography of Nikola Tesla by John J. O'Neill - "SPECTACULAR" is a mild word for describing the strange experiment with life that comprises the story of Nikola Tesla, and "amazing" fails to do adequate justice to the results that burst from his experiences like an exploding rocket. It is the story of the dazzling scintillations of a superman who created a new world; it is a story that condemns woman as an anchor of the flesh which retards the development of man and limits his accomplishment--and,paradoxically, proves that even the most successful life, if it does not include a woman, is a dismal failure.

Scalar Waves (first Tesla physics textbook for engineers) by Konstantin Meyl - "From Maxwell's field equations only the well-known (transverse) Hertzian waves can be derived, whereas the calculation of longitudinal scalar waves gives zero as a result. This is a flaw of the field theory, since scalar waves exist for all particle waves, like e.g. as plasma wave, as photon- or neutrino radiation. Starting from Faraday's discovery, instead of the formulation of the law of induction according to Maxwell, an extended field theory is derived, which goes beyond the Maxwell theory with the description of potential vortices (noise vortices) and their propagation as a scalar wave, but contains the Maxwell theory as a special case. With that the extension is allowed and doesn't contradict textbook physics. Besides the mathematical calculation of scalar waves this book contains a voluminous material collection concerning the information technical use of scalar waves, if the useful signal and the usually interfering noise signal change their places, if a separate modulation of frequency and wavelength makes a parallel image transmission possible, if it concerns questions of the environmental compatibility for the sake of humanity (bio resonance, among others) or to harm humanity (electrosmog)."

Occult Ether Physics: Tesla's Hidden Space Propulsion System adn the Conspiracy to Conceal it by William Lyne - "Tesla's original vision, in his 1870's student days, of his "ideal flying machine", was of an electropulsive one, the realization of which is why he said he originally entered the field of electrical science in 1875 in the first place..."

A Practical Guide to 'Free Energy' Devices by Patrick J. Kelley - "The purpose of this guide is to provide you with an introduction to a series of devices which have been shown to have very interesting properties and some are (incorrectly) described as 'perpetual motion' machines. What's that you say - perpetual motion is impossible? My, you're a difficult one to please. The electrons in the molecules of rock formations have been orbiting steadily for millions of years without stopping - at what point will you agree that they are in perpetual motion? So, why don't electrons run out of energy and just slow down to a standstill? Quantum Mechanics has shown that the universe is a seething cauldron of energy with particles popping into existence and then dropping out again. Knowing that E = mC2, we can see that a tremendous amount of energy is needed to create any form of matter. Scientists remark that if we could tap even a small part of that energy, then we would have free energy for our lifetime.

Patents from Nikola Tesla, John Bedini, Edwin V. Gray and Tom Bearden among others.
“Today’s scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after
equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality. ” -Nikola Tesla

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." -Jimi Hendrix
01-10-2009, 08:43 AM,
May I make a suggestion?

Tell us in your own words what each of these books taught you.
[Image: randquote.png]
01-10-2009, 09:43 AM,
Well, some of those didn't teach me anything as I knew the subjects before I found the books. The basic electronics books I picked because they present things in an easy to learn manner while being thorough and accurate and can function as reference guides, as I use them. The physics book is pretty much the same. The Maxwell text is valuable for it presents the complete Maxwell equations before they were abridged by Lorentz and Heavyside, which is where modern physics started driving with a flat tire.

Now the Tesla topics are another matter entirely. That is much too complex a topic for a book suggestion thread and I don't consider myself to have a complete understanding...yet. However, my Bedini Monopole thread is where I am discussing the things I have learned from those books (and others) as well as my experiments. Any questions about radiant energy are welcome there.

I'm also just giving a simple list for the conventional sciences as they are the standards but they are very helpful when moving on to the unconventional more advanced Aether, radiant and vacuum types of fields. Those I am including so as to have as many puzzle pieces together in one place so the assembly of the puzzle is easier.

If others want to include what they learned, then that's great.
“Today’s scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after
equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality. ” -Nikola Tesla

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." -Jimi Hendrix
01-12-2009, 03:31 PM,
Awesome...this is exactly what I was talkin about. Thanks.
"Listen to everyone, read everything, believe nothing unless you can prove it in your own research"
~William Cooper

DTTNWO!
01-04-2011, 03:25 AM,
RE: Recommended Reading for Science, Tech & Discoveries
Easy Skanking,

How many years of electronics did you complete before dropping out ?
04-29-2011, 08:05 AM,
Why conventional physics details is less than others, are their anymore authors to explain that more?
05-26-2011, 01:44 AM,
(01-04-2011, 03:25 AM)burtlancast Wrote: Easy Skanking,

How many years of electronics did you complete before dropping out ?

Two years of nothing but electromagnetics, electronics and microprocessors. Well of course there was the obligatory maths and physics to go along with it. Then I put all of that into the field and learned the real stuff by working for some electronics companies like Fujitsu and some smaller places, live audio engineering, studio recording engineering, multi-media production facility builds and installs, club builds and installs and then the odd residential electrical remodels.

As soon as I started putting the theory into practice in the field, I noticed how rarely it agreed with what was really going on.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Video Rupert Sheldrake - The Science Delusion BANNED TED TALK drummer 14 1,833 06-17-2014, 05:21 AM
Last Post: R.R
  Cosmos: A Space Time Odyssey - Science or Scientism? thokling 0 498 03-13-2014, 06:41 AM
Last Post: thokling
  The "Most Relaxing Tune Ever",According to...Science? drummer 3 972 02-13-2012, 05:44 PM
Last Post: thokling
  Is science the new religion? hubbabubba 84 17,971 01-02-2012, 11:40 PM
Last Post: hubbabubba
  Psychic 'mind-reading' computer will show your thoughts on screen TriWooOx 2 1,268 11-03-2009, 09:09 PM
Last Post: April
  Reboot Your Brain? Science Says It's Possible mastermg 0 826 09-18-2009, 04:24 AM
Last Post: mastermg
  Popular Science The Future of.. FastTadpole 0 709 09-16-2009, 05:08 AM
Last Post: FastTadpole
  This is the Hi tech Robot hand technology thats going to kill a bunch US! Weyland 2 1,289 09-12-2009, 07:42 AM
Last Post: FastTadpole
  Science ponders 'zombie attack' Weyland 0 627 08-20-2009, 01:04 AM
Last Post: Weyland
  Science and society: Attention and awareness in stage magic: turning tricks into research --- 0 821 05-08-2009, 02:00 AM
Last Post: ---