Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Firefox 29 Trying to Look Like Chrome and Sucks!
06-01-2014, 04:18 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-01-2014, 04:26 PM by bristopen.)
Thumbs Down  Firefox 29 Trying to Look Like Chrome and Sucks!
Like Ubuntu, Mozilla is becoming too big, too arrogant to consider what users want.

Why don't you like Unity? It's better! Use it and you'll sure like it afterwards!

Why don't you like Firefox29 and our new interface Australis? Our cloud investigation says the common herd likes it! You're not smarter than the common herd, are you?! Try it long enough and you'll sure like it!

We know better! We know what's good for you!

With every update, Firefox is becoming more and more slow and unstable. It used to only shut itself and now it shuts down the whole system.

I'll trash this nonworking,crappy, bloated, ram hungry version and install good old version12 and make sure to disable updates till I find some alternative. I know that they're not going to change their thing for the better. They have other preoccupations, they have big money to grab. But they'll sure regret it. Just like Microsoft with their 8th version and Canonical with their Unity.

Why Firefox 29 Sucks
What is going on?
Firefox 29 : Mozilla dégaine Australis pour contrer Chrome
Firefox UI revamp sparks complaints, searches for alternatives
Australis; designed to fail.
One of the first duties of the physician is to educate the masses not to take medicine...
William Osler
06-01-2014, 08:25 PM,
RE: Firefox 29 Trying to Look Like Chrome and Sucks!
My Firefox 29 crashes constantly on the ConCen tracker page and on WeatherUnderground. Let me know of any good alternatives you find because this is bullshit.
“Today’s scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after
equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality. ” -Nikola Tesla

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." -Jimi Hendrix
06-01-2014, 08:30 PM,
There are no good alternatives unless you are willing to climb in bed with the national security state and offer them your rump with the hope that it won't hurt too much.
06-01-2014, 08:52 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-01-2014, 09:01 PM by bristopen.)
(06-01-2014, 08:25 PM)Easy Skanking Wrote: My Firefox 29 crashes constantly on the ConCen tracker page and on WeatherUnderground. Let me know of any good alternatives you find because this is bullshit.

Right now, I'm experimenting with Seamonkey and PaleMoon, both of them powered by Mozilla. They eat less memory. PaleMoon looks like old firefox and you can export your firefox profile. All of it.

I tried to install Firefox12, the "next" button automatically turns into "upgrade", you hit it and the installer starts to download version29. I'll disconnect and retry.
One of the first duties of the physician is to educate the masses not to take medicine...
William Osler
06-01-2014, 09:27 PM,
I've tried Pale Moon but it crashes my system, so it's right out. Browsers are not supposed to do that... At least FF29 only crashes itself. LOL

I may give Seamonkey a go.
“Today’s scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after
equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality. ” -Nikola Tesla

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." -Jimi Hendrix
06-01-2014, 10:58 PM,
(06-01-2014, 09:27 PM)Easy Skanking Wrote: I've tried Pale Moon but it crashes my system, so it's right out. Browsers are not supposed to do that... At least FF29 only crashes itself. LOL

I may give Seamonkey a go.

I'm using PaleMoon on Xp pack3, on an old pc. It works pretty fast and it's hasn't crashed yet. I can open tens of tabs with no problems.

FF29 is the worst version ever, I think you'll be better off with any previous version.
William Osler
06-02-2014, 12:02 AM,
I'm on Win7 x64 and Pale Moon just didn't get along.

Sea Monkey is working nicely since it is based on the Mozilla core. I've got the plugins I used on FF and most of the visual styles I had customized. It's getting a thumbs up so far.

06-02-2014, 09:53 PM,
(06-02-2014, 12:02 AM)Easy Skanking Wrote: I'm on Win7 x64 and Pale Moon just didn't get along.

Sea Monkey is working nicely since it is based on the Mozilla core. I've got the plugins I used on FF and most of the visual styles I had customized. It's getting a thumbs up so far.

Happy browsing!
William Osler
06-06-2014, 04:37 PM,
I haven't had any of the problems mentioned with the newer versions of Firefox, so I'm sticking with it. Except I've installed Classic Theme Restorer so my Fx 29 is 99.9 percent just like the older Fx. For those (aside from Easy) who just can't tolerate Firefox anymore, I second the recommendation of Pale Moon.
06-06-2014, 08:09 PM,
(06-06-2014, 04:37 PM)temp9 Wrote: I haven't had any of the problems mentioned with the newer versions of Firefox, so I'm sticking with it. Except I've installed Classic Theme Restorer so my Fx 29 is 99.9 percent just like the older Fx. For those (aside from Easy) who just can't tolerate Firefox anymore, I second the recommendation of Pale Moon.

Many people don't. It depends on the machine you're using. It's not because of the themes that people are upset. It's because they all have cheap laptops and FF29 eats too much ram and doesn't do what it's supposed to do. This is weird because FF12 eats half that much ram. Are these guys sifting information without telling us?! Might be. We're using the software for free, maybe this is the price..

I'm using good ole FF12. Installed it offline, updates are unchecked by default. I've got it from oldapps.com.

Pale Moon is very limited and you haven't got too many add-ons. Seamonkey is a lot better but not as good as FF.
William Osler
06-06-2014, 08:29 PM,
Well usability is needed but I don't put usability as first priority, we put security & privacy first.

Firefux is a front for Google, which is a front for the NSA, who pwns the internet. Firefox phones home your tracks to dozens of Google and Mozilla aggregators behind your back. They know more about you than you do.

SRWare Iron claims to be "based on the free sourcecode Chromium without any problems at privacy and security" however we discovered it phones home to Google on startup, IPs 173.194.*.* . But still we use it with some faint hope that at least some of their other privacy claims are true. http://www.srware.net/en/software_srware_iron_chrome_vs_iron.php

Like Charlie say no good alternative. Get on web and your tracks are used for profiling you and stored forever. Every browser is getting kickbacks $$ from Google, how else could they afford programmers, who don't work for free, even rookies command high salaries. We can only try to pick the lesser evil browser, or get off web.

PaleMoon claim to "maximize the browser's speed, stability and user experience, while maintaining compatibility with the thousands of Firefox extensions". Has anonymous authors, no word about security or privacy, so we can instantly know they have the same profit model as Firefox - selling your tracks to Google. But maybe it is better usable than Firefox.
06-06-2014, 09:02 PM,
(06-06-2014, 08:09 PM)bristopen Wrote:
(06-06-2014, 04:37 PM)temp9 Wrote: I haven't had any of the problems mentioned with the newer versions of Firefox, so I'm sticking with it. Except I've installed Classic Theme Restorer so my Fx 29 is 99.9 percent just like the older Fx. For those (aside from Easy) who just can't tolerate Firefox anymore, I second the recommendation of Pale Moon.

Many people don't. It depends on the machine you're using. It's not because of the themes that people are upset. It's because they all have cheap laptops and FF29 eats too much ram and doesn't do what it's supposed to do. This is weird because FF12 eats half that much ram. Are these guys sifting information without telling us?! Might be. We're using the software for free, maybe this is the price..

I'm using good ole FF12. Installed it offline, updates are unchecked by default. I've got it from oldapps.com.

Pale Moon is very limited and you haven't got too many add-ons. Seamonkey is a lot better but not as good as FF.

Strange crashes like those are always puzzling as, in my case, it's not due to lack of resources. My system is Win7x64, 12Gb RAM, AMD PhenomII x4 820, AMD HD6870, and terrabytes of drivespace, so there are other issues I've never been able to figure out. Sometimes I wonder if things like googleapis crash as I have them blocked in noScript except when I see what they do.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Firefox: Disabling Mixed Content Warnings (v18+), download 17ESR thokling 0 410 01-13-2014, 12:52 PM
Last Post: thokling
  Google Chrome 'Fails to Protect Sensitive Personal Data' temp9 5 696 10-14-2013, 06:48 PM
Last Post: temp9
  Linux Mint: Shipped with "Prism" Firefox profile Doomsticks 6 1,071 07-26-2013, 04:41 AM
Last Post: Doomsticks
  Pale Moon: The Firefox Alternative thokling 9 1,677 04-06-2013, 07:11 PM
Last Post: thokling
  Firefox 'new tab' feature exposes users' secured info: Fix promised h3rm35 0 442 06-23-2012, 01:33 AM
Last Post: h3rm35
Thumbs Up Wow! if you use firefox and have broadband, you MUST try this! h3rm35 22 4,848 07-01-2011, 12:20 AM
Last Post: pax681
Thumbs Down iPad -- The iPad 2 Sucks 2 drummer 17 6,841 06-18-2011, 02:02 PM
Last Post: pax681
  A question to anyone using firefox icosaface 1 818 07-10-2010, 09:24 PM
  iPhone, IE, Firefox, Safari get stomped at hacker contest h3rm35 0 605 03-26-2010, 07:12 PM
  Attack code for Firefox zero-day goes wild, says researcher. Black hats, take note h3rm35 12 2,062 02-20-2010, 11:00 AM
Last Post: Hans Olo