Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Friend Got Taken By Scammers
05-14-2014, 01:54 PM,
Sad  My Friend Got Taken By Scammers
I post this because I would like for you to warn any old people you know about this creative scam.

Yesterday morning I noticed a couple of police sedans at my elderly neighbor's house across the street. In the afternoon I inquired if everything was okay.

My neighbor told me scam artists took him for $10,700. This is a sharp old man who was an engineer for a large manufacturing corporation, and Korean a war veteran. He's no fool. He does not suffer from Alzheimer's or anything.

The scammers called Saturday morning and pretended to be his grandson who is away at college. "Grandson" told the old man he was in jail for being drunk at a party the night before, and needed bail money because his parents were out of town.

The scammers called several times, sometimes pretending to be the police, sometimes an attorney. They had the old man run up his credit cards, and send them cash via Moneygram. The old man became suspicious and managed to get hold of the boy on his cell phone at 2:00 am, but it was too late.

The FBI and local detectives told the old man he will not get his money back, and the odds of catching the thieves are low.

These things seem like urban legends until they happen to someone you care about. Please warn any old folks you know about this "grandchild in jail" scam.
05-14-2014, 04:15 PM,
RE: My Friend Got Taken By Scammers
Quote:Korean war veteran

There you have it. One of the biggest proof of his degree of foolishness and gullibility.
05-14-2014, 04:49 PM,
Wrong.

In those days kids had virtually no way of knowing all wars are banker wars, and he was one of the 1.5 million men conscripted by force to serve the State.
05-14-2014, 06:22 PM,
(05-14-2014, 04:49 PM)CharliePrime Wrote: Wrong.

In those days kids had virtually no way of knowing all wars are banker wars, and he was one of the 1.5 million men conscripted by force to serve the State.

Ok. In that case, I weep for him. Those Evildoers scammers should fry on the electric chair. Scamming a veteran war hero, what's wrong with them ?.

But I don't worry about him, he will get that money back in no time from the sweating tax-payers, in the form of social security checks.
05-14-2014, 09:01 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-14-2014, 09:07 PM by stiffy.)
(05-14-2014, 06:22 PM)rockingtheboat Wrote: But I don't worry about him, he will get that money back in no time from the sweating tax-payers, in the form of social security checks.

Isn't Social Security a payroll deduction (FICA)? That would mean the money is his, not the taxpayers.

A few scumbags in government want you to believe that SS is government handouts so they can steal it for themselves. Please tell me they haven't suckered you.
05-14-2014, 09:25 PM,
Yeah, just a couple of weeks ago the Mgr. at CVS was telling me that she knew of 2 different customers who had been scammed out of several thousand dollars each by phone callers who claimed to be relatives who needed money. Her limited details didn't make clear to me how it was done, but the bottom line is that this is apparently one of the new scams going around.

Personally, I don't answer the phone unless I know who it is. Or the door, for that matter. I have no need whatsoever to speak with strangers who call or arrive at my door.

All older folks (yeah, even older than me) should do the same. You youngsters, too. Idea
05-14-2014, 09:33 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-14-2014, 10:19 PM by rockingtheboat.)
Quote:Isn't Social Security a payroll deduction (FICA)? That would mean the money is his, not the taxpayers.

The way I see it : Don't take anything from me AND don't give anything to me. Just get the F off my back (off everybody's back). The ruling class play that game of taking & giving as a training exercise for the masses. Its subliminal goal of taking/giving is obedience/thankfulness. The only cure is do not give them anything, do not take anything from them. One may have no other choice than to give them because one is bullied and threatened, but when it comes to taking from them, one has often a choice and doing so only keeps the conditioning exercise and the slave mentality alive.

temp9 gave a thanks. What the F, You too are collecting SS checks ??!!. I knew you were old but not THAT old !!. lol
05-14-2014, 09:57 PM,
No, not quite that old yet, but I'm getting there. Of course, they keep pushing the age back to get the "full benefits", so with that, along with the raiding of the fund, I may never collect.

If you work "legally" in the United Snakes, it's not really something you can opt-out of. They will take it from you. I don't begrudge anyone receiving their Social Security money. They paid in, they deserve to get back. Hey, I didn't set up the system, and there are real problems with any pyramid scheme, but it is what it is. I damn well want my portion of it back.

Charlie's friend will be lucky to get $10,700 total back in a year's time. If he's like most people, that money will already be spent before it even comes in - just to survive. He'll never recover from that loss.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I lost my best friend this weekend... SiLVa 15 2,071 02-18-2012, 07:55 AM
Last Post: Sovereignman
  How to deal with an intelligent conspiracy theorist friend? Apocalypso Now! 2 1,007 01-03-2010, 11:49 PM
Last Post: h3rm35
  Jim Carroll Died! He was not my friend but he DIED DIED! Weyland 0 590 09-15-2009, 07:32 AM
Last Post: Weyland
  Our old friend Leo --- 18 2,326 05-04-2009, 12:52 AM
Last Post: Melchor
  7/7 friend 'had 9/11 photographs' TriWooOx 2 542 04-16-2008, 02:52 PM
Last Post: TeslaandLyne
  Tired Of Waiting Hours To Burn Some Truth For A Friend? JohnDoe1984 16 1,392 12-01-2006, 09:56 PM
Last Post: yyy
  Which One Is Our Friend *agent* Mikey Ognir 18 2,269 11-26-2006, 11:07 AM
Last Post: tsoldrin
  I Wanna Be You Friend cheap_been8343 4 654 08-19-2006, 03:52 AM
Last Post: wokensheep
  My Friend wokensheep 0 379 08-15-2006, 04:44 PM
Last Post: wokensheep
  I Found Out My Friend's Dad Is A 32nd Degree Mason... TraxusIV 21 2,319 08-15-2006, 07:57 AM
Last Post: Conspiracy Dave