Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WolfPAC - removing money from American politics
05-03-2014, 08:22 AM,
WolfPAC - removing money from American politics
Wikipedia Wrote:Wolf PAC is a political action committee formed with the goal of removing money from politics.[2][3] It began with an announcement at an Occupy Wall Street rally in New York City by activist and The Young Turks host Cenk Uygur. Its goal is to amend the United States Constitution by adding a 28th amendment. It calls for a convention of the States, which is a procedure outlined in Article V of the current constitution; this is in contrast to the usual route of amendments passing at the behest of Congress. The group describes itself as tripartisan. One view is that a main impetus for the group was the Citizens United decision by the US Supreme Court in 2010.

Specifically the amendment would ban corporations and unions from contributing to election campaigns. It would also call for the public financing of elections.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolf_PAC

Vermont just became the first state to step up out of the 34 required to get the amendment added to the constitution. This is a fantastic idea obviously. If it's ratified then it would change federal politics dramatically for the better. It would also be a necessary step in eventually rounding up and jailing all the crooks.
05-04-2014, 01:18 AM,
RE: WolfPAC - removing money from American politics
The bad thing about calling a Constitutional Convention is that there are no limits on what they can do once the Convention of the states has started. Even though they say it's for only one amendment, or one reason, other people will make way to have their issues brought forward and that could be a recipe for disaster.
On the other hand, going the usual route, getting congress to vote on an amendment and essentially give up their gravy train will most likely never happen either.
"Listen to everyone, read everything, believe nothing unless you can prove it in your own research"
~William Cooper

DTTNWO!
05-04-2014, 04:43 AM,
(05-04-2014, 01:18 AM)SiLVa Wrote: getting congress to vote on an amendment and essentially give up their gravy train will most likely never happen either.

I don't think the term "gravy train" is accurate for most members. Most of them are not given enough money unless they ask for it. They say they are fed up with having to spend too much time raising money. This is definitely a non-partisan issue which I think will gain momentum as more people become aware of it.

Are you in favour of it? If so, have you called your congressman?
05-04-2014, 08:19 PM,
No, I haven't reached out to my congressman on this issue, but I have done it before. I can send him an email. That's the easy part. Getting him to vote my way is another story.
"Listen to everyone, read everything, believe nothing unless you can prove it in your own research"
~William Cooper

DTTNWO!
05-04-2014, 09:52 PM,
If that piece of shyte Cenk Uygur wants something, the probability you shouldn't is about 100%.
05-04-2014, 10:35 PM,
(05-04-2014, 09:52 PM)CharliePrime Wrote: If that piece of shyte Cenk Uygur wants something, the probability you shouldn't is about 100%.

Putting aside your opinion of Uygur, do you agree with the proposal?
05-05-2014, 02:01 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-05-2014, 02:06 PM by CharliePrime.)
I don't have enough information to speak on the idea. What Silva said make me wary.

"The bad thing about calling a Constitutional Convention is that there are no limits on what they can do once the Convention of the states has started."

The fact that authoritarian collectivists like Uygur want it is a bad sign.

I say forget jiggering around with minutia like who can spend campaign money on what. Strike the root and address WHY spending billions of dollars to influence politicians is so important.

The government should not have so much power in the first place.

(05-04-2014, 08:19 PM)SiLVa Wrote: No, I haven't reached out to my congressman on this issue, but I have done it before.

I used to work in the U.S. Congress answering letters from constituents.

I can assure you that clipping your toenails or watching Modern Family on television is a far more productive use of your time.
05-05-2014, 07:56 PM,
The timing is kind of suspect. It's not just Cenk Uygur. People like Sara Palin and other neocons are also trying to stir up support for a Constitutional Convention as well. We all know that when both sides are aiming to push an agenda, it's most likely not good for us.
~William Cooper

DTTNWO!
05-06-2014, 03:53 PM,
the current pollitical paradigm places power ($) into the top ten% (the wealthy, corporations and their staff (internationalists)) by design (the fed, the IRS, insurance corps)

we must stop them, soon, p e r i o d
[Image: ommanipadmehum.gif]
my uploads on h33t
05-16-2014, 06:06 PM,
Another Neocon Mark Levin calling for a Con-Con, although for other reasons, Im sure. This is the JBS response.

Another opinion against the Con Con:

The Coming Constitutional Convention Contains the Tipping Point for Revolution
http://thecommonsenseshow.com/2014/04/07/the-coming-constitutional-convention-contains-the-tipping-point-for-revolution/
~William Cooper

DTTNWO!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Obama’s All-out Global War Against an American Asylum Seeker mexika 0 315 07-13-2013, 12:06 AM
Last Post: mexika
  Alex Jones on BBC One Sunday Politics stiffy 15 1,240 06-15-2013, 08:21 PM
Last Post: SiLVa
  Fluoridegate - An American Tragedy datars 0 373 03-01-2013, 04:47 AM
Last Post: datars
  The New Science of Politics macfadden 0 626 01-23-2013, 09:04 AM
Last Post: macfadden
  9-11 Research Connecting Money, Motive and Technology to Suspects datars 4 689 11-27-2012, 03:01 AM
Last Post: datars
  Political Ponerology - The Study of Evil in Politics Mami 0 411 03-04-2012, 08:13 AM
Last Post: Mami
  Avatar – American Terrorists Invade a New World Solve et Coagula 1 411 02-04-2012, 11:02 PM
Last Post: Sovereignman
  The American Empire Is Over & The Descent Is Going To Be Horrifying!" Solve et Coagula 1 391 01-03-2012, 12:22 AM
Last Post: h3rm35
  VIDEO: Money for Nothing: US Military Defense Industry Shows Vulnerabilities Solve et Coagula 0 422 12-23-2011, 10:30 PM
Last Post: Solve et Coagula
  The American Revolution is here and you still occupy your couch at home .-) Solve et Coagula 20 3,148 10-21-2011, 12:30 AM
Last Post: Negentropic