Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why is CONCEN so Dead ?
04-16-2014, 06:32 PM,
Question  Why is CONCEN so Dead ?
I don't understand why there is so little discussion on this forum.

* The forum software is clean, reliable, and fast.

* The moderators are fair, impartial, and judicious.

* The competition such as GLP, ATS, et al. suck azz.

* Thousands more people every day are "waking up" and seeking information.

I don't get it. This place should be humming with 20 running discussions per day. There are usually only 1 or 2.

Why is this?
04-16-2014, 08:53 PM,
RE: Why is CONCEN so Dead ?
Yea.

And lots of people have left the forums since 2010. Some of them have thousands of posts. This is strange.
One of the first duties of the physician is to educate the masses not to take medicine...
William Osler
04-16-2014, 10:00 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-16-2014, 10:10 PM by Watchdog.)
(04-16-2014, 06:32 PM)CharliePrime Wrote: I don't understand why there is so little discussion on this forum.

* The forum software is clean, reliable, and fast.

* The competition such as GLP, ATS, et al. suck azz.

* Thousands more people every day are "waking up" and seeking information.

I don't get it. This place should be humming with 20 running discussions per day. There are usually only 1 or 2.

Why is this?

Well... At the moment we are not swamped with to many trolls, disinfo agents, shills, white power neo-nazis gurus and their minion, religious zealots, OTO, A.'.A.'., pseudo Kabbalist,and those that relate everything to ET's or shape shifting lizards. Thus slow traffic.

If people want their daily fix of consipiro-drama and more traffic they can always go to the shape shifting crew of the David Icke forum, the it's always the fault of the New World Order fear mongering Alex Johns, everything is the Jews fault see I keep changing my mind about what I believe Andrew Anglin's Daily Stormer, etc. LOL

Some may be searching for the ¨truth¨, but I think most in the conspiracy movement are simply addicted to the excitement, novelty, alternative view that takes them out of the boredom of their everyday slave-like lives. Few are really conducting research for educational purposes. The conspiracy movement has become fashionable, and just like fashion people always need new and more intense experiences. The next big thing will undoubtedly be claims that we were created by Jewish extraterrestrial lizards that infiltrated the jesuit freemasons and came from niburu under the orders of the illuminati and now working undercover for the new world order. Just you wait and see...

Eatdrink007
Paix, Amour et Lumiere
04-16-2014, 10:30 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-17-2014, 11:02 AM by aura.)
This place started to become slow when many of the old active uploaders was banned, along with removing the ratio system - now resulting in all the old torrents no longer being seeded - or even being able to "request seed," people evidently moved on. The last changes made by Yeti mirrors the quality and downfall of CC. imo

I still check in every week or-so, and its been almost 2 years since I last downloaded a torrent of interest. The forum activity is an effect of those changes to the tracker in 2011/12. I guess also with the rise of YouTube for related material, people use that instead of downloading random videos etc. for their "entertainment purposes," plus more resource outlets now available.

For myself studying older works from the 1700-1800s is far more educational than listening to irrelevant radio hosts, and plagiaristic authors/film-makers of the modern later 1900s era "truth movement" regurgitating upon themselves. I don't really buy the idea that people are waking up, you can find these same slogans used throughout the 1800s in various newspaper series, quite amusing actually. I find people using such manipulative memes often likes AJ - are used more for pushing the listeners into purchasing products and staying tuned-in.
04-17-2014, 11:41 AM,
No real underlying philosophy. From the outside concen may be accused of a lot of things but it doesn't really cater to any conspiritorial branch of thinking. Icke's forum will have numerous pages on reptiles and 'consciousness' and even unrelated pages will have members link back to Icke terminology. As an analogy, concen is like a forum discussing a sport without actually supporting a particular team and most people are more interested in the team rather than the sport.

From here then it means there is no person/group at the top of concen for people to worship so concen fails at being a cult of personality. Going back to Icke, it is the character that intrigues people, not the information. Similar with Jones although his audience is a lot more mature than Icke's.

Concen is not advertised much and if potential newbies don't know the place exists, they can't join. Having said that the place is becoming a bit of an old boys club and that may intimidate potential newbies.

Conspiracy was also merely a phase/fad for a lot of people, an intellectual experiment characterised partially by cynicism with a glimmer of hope akin to good old fashioned youthful rebellion. Most of that crowd have gone. Maybe conspiracy was an outlet for them, generally unhappy at being unable to participate in society but once they gained a wider social circle/jobs/money, they were no longer unhappy with society and no longer had cause for its critique. For others they were perhaps submerged into new age type movements/philosophies and no longer wanted to dwell on the 'negative' or moved more towards self-help personality cults.

Lets not forget too that concerted efforts have been made to ridicule conspiritorial subject matter which will filter down and stop people looking into it. The stories I hear are usually the same, how just one or two people within a family or group of friends know about this stuff and the information generally has an alienating effect.

Also amatuer researchers have watered down the quality of the information and too often what goes under conspiracy is in fact people lashing out at whatever is annoying them with little or no proof of their claims.

Likewise, conspiracy as a whole gained a big boost after 9-11 so it doesn't surprise me that with each passing year its general 'popularity' decreases as 9-11 slowly becomes an afterthought.
04-17-2014, 05:33 PM,
(04-16-2014, 10:30 PM)aura Wrote: [...]
For myself studying older works from the 1700-1800s is far more educational than listening to irrelevant radio hosts, and plagiaristic authors/film-makers of the modern later 1900s era "truth movement" regurgitating upon themselves. I don't really buy the idea that people are waking up, you can find these same slogans used throughout the 1800s in various newspaper series, quite amusing actually. I find people using such manipulative memes often likes AJ - are used more for pushing the listeners into purchasing products and staying tuned-in.

Do you have a shortlist of interesting titles?

I agree with you about people waking up: most of it is escapism, a distraction, entertainment.
04-18-2014, 09:20 AM,
People stream a lot of much of the material, albeit a lighter version on places like YouTube and Facebook now. You don't have to seek it out, it finds you. Conspiracy is a brand in the mainstream now by the likes of like Anonymous, Wikileaks, Alex Jones, Joe Rogan, Rosanne Bar and countless other groups and

The content we serve is diluted by the overwhelming competition. It's better marketed, and slicker elsewhere and people want sound bites not discussion. That said our traffic numbers for readers and downloads have gone up year after year.

We just installed a new traffic analysis tool - might have to get back to you on some exact figures but we're bigger now than ever as far as visits. Contributions and discussions on the forum have ebbed and flowed though.

Reasons people don't write as much here:

The Perception and reality of Bigger Audiences Elsewhere
More Competition / Market Saturation
People Spend more time typing in Chat boxes and live forums now
It is easy to set up a blog and everyone wants to run their own show rather than be a strong cog on ConCen (I almost did that myself)

My hope is that most of the people left to reach those in the mainstream or in the meatspace to enact change. I know a few who did for those reasons.

I've stepped back quite a bit myself. A couple years back to spend ~4 hours on research a day and then report my findings on the forum. I switched gears a bit to take care of things in my family and community first, in a bottom up approach to change the world one heart and mind at a time.

ConCen serves as a wonderful resource and a think tank to sharpen the mind. People who cross our path will realize it, and if that suits, then I can only hope they get as much out of this little slice of the internets we call ConCen as I did.

Thanks to all contributors past, present and future. ConCen is far from dead.
There are no others, there is only us.
http://FastTadpole.com/
04-20-2014, 01:58 AM,
(04-18-2014, 09:20 AM)FastTadpole Wrote: I switched gears... in a bottom up approach to change the world..

Yeah I also concluded something similar. At first I wanted to change the shitstem, but then I had a hard look around me at the people who were fighting at my side and I thought to myself: ¨I ain't gonna change jack sh*t with this bunch of lazy brainwashed crew¨. Now, give me a good team and I may reconsider fighting the Big Boys, but for now it's all bottom up; changing my own actions and putting efforts on the here and now to change local events that myself and others can benefit. Simple living higher thinking. Smile

I hope Concen will stay alive for a while as it has become sort of an encyclopedia of its own. I say this because I was floored when Andre (I keep changing my life views) Anglin killed the Outlaw Forum without any notice. Pooof! Everything disappeared just like that.Sad
Paix, Amour et Lumiere
04-21-2014, 10:21 PM,
(04-16-2014, 06:32 PM)CharliePrime Wrote: I don't understand why there is so little discussion on this forum.

You only think that because I never banned you. LOL

I don't usually like to dig up ancient history about ConCen because a) it makes me look bad, drunk, caprious not judicious, and as if I try to glory in myself for the existence of this place.

BUT, after deleting my original "member #1" account I returned a few years later. I have been here longer than anyone, that's fact. I think this might give me insight as to why ConCen (an acronym I termed and still lives) appears "dead".

CC predates the likes of Youtube and Facebook et. al. Before YT the tracker was THE best and only place to find audio/visual material for freethinkers. FB made the social networking aspect of linking free minds competition also. So on both the networking and filesharing front concen took a big hit.

I also think that because CC predates a lot of ISP record keeping laws people then were more open with their opinions. I myself have been called into the local cop shop at the behest of the US Secret Service over a joke about Obama getting whacked on FB and changing my FB location to the "grassy knoll". It gives a person pause before posting. Wink

My own caprious ego-filled and often drunked style of moderating forums also alienated some of the best posters we had I regret with shame to say.

There's your answer from a CC old-timer.
04-21-2014, 10:34 PM,
Sometimes it is just something simple, like not being able to click the "Create The First Comment" button, thanks to Chrome incompatible.
04-23-2014, 03:05 PM,
Because people have better things to do than hang out in your chatroom, Charlie.

;-)
04-23-2014, 07:35 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-23-2014, 07:35 PM by CharliePrime.)
I find that difficult to believe. Icon_biggrin
04-23-2014, 07:48 PM,
we've been boobified.... tubified... facebooked... and all the cool people were raptured on Dec. 21st, 2012
* What if the solution is simple & free?: http://www.youtube.com/nv3p
* Choose Freedom & Be the Change: http://concen.org/forum/showthread.php?tid=36698
04-24-2014, 10:18 AM,
“It is not true that people stop pursuing dreams because they grow old, they grow old because they stop pursuing dreams.”

― Gabriel Garcí­a Márquez

“All knowledge hurts.”

― Cassandra Clare, City of Bones

“Life is not a song, sweetling.
Someday you may learn that, to your sorrow.”

― George R.R. Martin, A Game of Thrones

PEOPLE CHOOSE TO BE IGNORANT. IT MAKES LIFE MORE BEARABLE FOR THEM... Not much one can do about that.

... if ever there was a time to wake up.., that time would be now!!!
04-25-2014, 11:29 PM,
(04-24-2014, 10:18 AM)3AM Wrote: PEOPLE CHOOSE TO BE IGNORANT. IT MAKES LIFE MORE BEARABLE FOR THEM...

Not sure about that, most people I've met think they know everything about everything and many even feel the need to teach others about what they know.

Now, I'm not say they really know what they are talking about... They may be ignorant, but they certainly don't think they are, and if they are they didn't choose to be clueless they were tricked into believing false information.

Perhaps some are lazy and don't want to make great efforts in order to distinguish between belief and knowledge, truth and lies, reliable and unreliable information, etc. Is this what you are alluding to?
Paix, Amour et Lumiere

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is ConCen down right now? stiffy 0 790 04-22-2014, 03:10 AM
Last Post: stiffy
  HTTPS On Concen.org??? NetEffect 2 1,642 10-15-2013, 11:30 PM
Last Post: Easy Skanking
  Racism @ ConCen flamesong 14 3,136 11-01-2012, 02:23 PM
Last Post: Swordfish
  concen will no longer talk to my win2k browser :-( 1martian 3 1,492 10-02-2012, 05:44 AM
Last Post: 1martian
  ConCen Wiki a monumental yawn! yeti 18 7,085 05-28-2012, 02:12 PM
Last Post: icosaface
  To save money, why not make Concen a Magnet link-only site like The Pirate Bay? Halcyon 1 1,078 01-14-2012, 08:14 AM
Last Post: thokling
  ConCen is in a financial crisis - again? Loke 24 5,263 01-12-2012, 02:47 AM
Last Post: yeti
  BitCoin: Do you use it? Would you if ConCen did? yeti 4 1,443 07-30-2011, 05:46 AM
Last Post: FastTadpole
  ConCen money bum! yeti 77 16,777 07-23-2011, 12:29 AM
Last Post: Dunamis
Lightbulb Thoughts and observations about ConCen WatchMind 5 2,030 03-18-2010, 06:06 AM
Last Post: ---