Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UN: When Palestinian Men Beat Their Wives, It’s Israel’s Fault
04-09-2014, 09:00 AM,
UN: When Palestinian Men Beat Their Wives, It’s Israel’s Fault
[Image: image-Pillay-300x195.jpg]

In her recent report to the U.N. Human Rights Council, High Commissioner for Human Rights Navi Pillay revives the bizarre charge, made by one of her colleagues in 2005, that when Palestinian men beat their wives, it’s Israel’s fault:

Violence against women
Women in the Occupied Palestinian Territory face multiple layers of violence and discrimination. The analysis made by the Special Rapporteur on violence against women in 2005 remains valid. She found that the combination of decades of Israeli occupation, the use of force against Palestinians by Israel, the different forms of resistance used by Palestinians against such use of force and the patriarchy prevailing in Palestinian society expose women to a continuum of violence in all spheres of life.

The 2005 analysis invoked by Pillay was published in a report by Yakin Ertürk, then the UN Special Rapporteur on violence against women.

Why do Palestinian men beat their wives? The report tells us:

Women with husbands explained that the dire economic situation and the pressures of the occupation have made men more violent because they have lost their ability to provide and protect — two essential elements of manhood in a traditional patriarchal society. As men become stripped of their manhood, women become the shock absorbers of the crises as targets of domestic violence.

In other words: it’s Israel’s fault.

This dangerous theme of moral displacement pervades the report:

Security measures are directed at the entire Palestinian population; in this regard, women are subjected to violence emanating from these measures in similar ways to other members of the society. However, owing to the diverse ways in which occupation and patriarchy intersect, the direct and indirect impact of security measures tends to have specific and compounded consequences for women. In order to demonstrate this, I focus on four measures employed by the Israeli authorities…

By Navi Pillay regurgitating Erturk’s 2005 canard, the UN is once again telling Palestinian men that they have no moral agency, and bear little or no responsibility for their inhumane actions against women.

What the UN is doing, once again, is to displace moral responsibility and prime agency. Palestinian men are not primarily to blame for their violence against women, says the UN. Israel is.

Source: http://blog.unwatch.org/index.php/2014/04/08/un-when-palestinian-men-beat-their-wives-its-israels-fault/
04-10-2014, 09:51 PM,
RE: UN: When Palestinian Men Beat Their Wives, It’s Israel’s Fault
I don't care what your situation is, or how much you are oppressed, if you beat your wife or your girlfriend, you ain't a man anyway. "Stripped of their manhood" blah blah blah. No excuse.Angry
04-11-2014, 12:21 AM,
This news story smells like a psyop... It suspect such ridicule news is meant as a demonstration that Israel is wrongly persecuted and a victim. I guess if you drown the media with such nonsensical charges, then people may have more sympathy and disbelief when other serious charges are made against Israel.

I was curious about who would pimp such insane news. Then I learned that it was UN Watch a non-governmental organization, established in 1993 under the chairmanship of the late Morris B. Abram, and affiliated with the American Jewish Committee. Abram was born into a Jewish family, was deeply affected by the Holocaust and later became an ardent supporter of Jewish causes, a member of the U.S. staff at the Nuremberg Tribunal.

Israel is no victim; stupid news or not.
Paix, Amour et Lumiere
04-11-2014, 10:12 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-11-2014, 03:30 PM by SirBustaBear.)
(04-11-2014, 12:21 AM)Watchdog Wrote: This news story smells like a psyop [...] Israel is no victim; stupid news or not.

It looks like you completely miss the point. The news report is mainly just quoting what is published in the two UN reports. These reports are linked for everyone to assure oneself of the veracity of the quotes. There it is for everyone to see how the UN tried to establish a link between Israel's policy towards Palestinians and domestic violence perpetrated by Palestinian men. And with that delivered what could be read as an „excuse” for it.

Apart from that these reports might serve as more proof that Israel is NOT the „untouchable” entity whose policy is never to be criticized as some people have tried to portray it in the past. These two reports by this major NWO institution are FULL of criticism of Israel's policy towards Palestinians. Obviously it looks like „the Zionists” are not in control of everything.

Related:

UN Watch: UN Human Rights Council seeks to demonize and delegitimize Israel (banned speech)
http://www.unwatch.org/site/apps/nl/content2.asp?c=bdKKISNqEmG&b=1313923&ct=3698367

04-12-2014, 03:09 PM,
(04-11-2014, 10:12 AM)SirBustaBear Wrote:
(04-11-2014, 12:21 AM)Watchdog Wrote: This news story smells like a psyop [...] Israel is no victim; stupid news or not.

It looks like you completely miss the point.

Yes I did miss the point. I purposely missed the point as I did not want to discuss the details of the news story, but rather point to the problems associated to keeping a culture in a state of constant victimisation, the manipulative process, and consequences. And I reckon I probably failed at doing so, as the subject would require much more details than what I have provided. I do believe the topic was somewhat discussed in the thread called: Documenting cultural narcissism.

So I missed the point, and you missed my point. I guess we have crisscrossed somewhere in virtual space. Dodgy
Paix, Amour et Lumiere

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ISRAEL vS PALESTINE CONFLICT: How will it end? Watchdog 10 1,189 08-11-2014, 11:37 PM
Last Post: Watchdog
  Israeli Military Torturing Palestinian Children ~viewer discretion~ mexika 2 371 08-09-2014, 08:42 PM
Last Post: rockingtheboat
  'Help Israel avoid war crimes charges,' Netanyahu urges US lawmakers nofunclub 0 317 08-09-2014, 06:24 PM
Last Post: nofunclub
  Gaza Death Toll Passes 200, Israel Steps Up Military Offensive bristopen 161 11,944 08-09-2014, 03:21 PM
Last Post: nofunclub
Rainbow The Truth About Israel, from FDR CharliePrime 4 437 08-07-2014, 11:15 AM
Last Post: CharliePrime
Wink : Today I Saw A Weeping Palestinian Man... mexika 0 264 08-07-2014, 06:22 AM
Last Post: mexika
  This anti-Israel hysteria is the opposite of a peace movement SirBustaBear 4 424 08-06-2014, 11:33 PM
Last Post: pax681
  Israel agrees to extend current Gaza ceasefire; Hamas vows to renew fire newsthet 5 574 08-06-2014, 11:13 PM
Last Post: pax681
  Israel massacres Gaza - "Like Shooting Fish in a Barre mexika 0 273 08-06-2014, 07:21 PM
  How israel uses deception and lies to get away wit murder mexika 0 281 08-04-2014, 09:11 PM