Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
It's back!
03-19-2014, 11:55 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-23-2014, 11:13 AM by stiffy.)
It's back!
testing 1234 ...
03-19-2014, 12:25 PM,
RE: It's back!
Welcome back
Its good to have you back I missed you.
03-19-2014, 12:56 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-19-2014, 12:57 PM by CharliePrime.)
That was the longest outage I have ever seen on Concen!

I am angry that this free service was unavailable for almost three days. It is my God-given right as an American and a taxpayer to have Concen 24/7, 365.

I will send a strongly worded letter to my Congressman demanding that he take measures to ensure this grievous offense does not occur again.
03-19-2014, 01:19 PM,
Damn straight!

I noticed yesterday, and today, that we are now on a server in The Netherlands, and the host has changed, too. Hoping to hear the details soon.

I think hosting in NL is a good idea anyway.
03-19-2014, 01:36 PM,
Yes, the new host has an awesome policy. We couldn't pass it up.

Thanks to our server admins for getting the site back on track. I nearly wept at having our home temporarily foreclosed!
Truth appears in many forms. Find those that resonate with you.

- "If we do not believe in freedom of speech for those we despise, we do not believe in it at all." - Noam Chomsky
- "Humans are not a rational animal, but a rationalizing one." - Leon Festinger

http://avaaz.org - The World In Action
03-19-2014, 01:43 PM,
So, this was a 'planned outage', or a move necessitated by a problem with the previous host? I'm guessing the latter.

And, YES, thanks to everyone involved in getting us back up!ClapClapClapClapClapClapClap
03-19-2014, 02:47 PM,
From what I understand, the VM architecture that was set up to run ConCen was not capable of handling our loads for some reason. The technical details behind this are unknown as far as I know. I am quite doubtful it was "planned" by any means, regardless, but what's ConCen without a good conspiracy? :>

Our reason for moving was to reduce potential stress on the VM system. With the new VPS, we have a better opportunity to analyse the system to ensure it's not doing stuff it ain't supposed to.
Truth appears in many forms. Find those that resonate with you.

- "If we do not believe in freedom of speech for those we despise, we do not believe in it at all." - Noam Chomsky
- "Humans are not a rational animal, but a rationalizing one." - Leon Festinger

http://avaaz.org - The World In Action
03-19-2014, 02:57 PM,
Concen loads are far too potent for most providers.
03-19-2014, 04:03 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-19-2014, 06:53 PM by temp9.)
That's what she said.
03-19-2014, 04:22 PM,
Laugh
03-19-2014, 05:34 PM,
Glad we're back, I was starting to go through withdrawal.
"Listen to everyone, read everything, believe nothing unless you can prove it in your own research"
~William Cooper

DTTNWO!
03-20-2014, 06:17 AM,
Thumbs Up  RE: It's back!
I/We would like to thank our last service provider for a good run. Big thanks to; you know who you are. We were a little too intense to make it our permanent home but totally appreciate the assistance.

Good bounce, soft landing. We hope to stay put for awhile now but hey .. we're ConCen.

Thanks to the migration team, mods/admins for their scouting, research, tire kicking, direction and execution during yet another successful move - from the front lines to the ones pulling the levers hidden deep in the cavernous bowels of ConCen's infrastructure and everyone in-between.

If anyone has any issue big or small, these can come up after a move, please submit a bug report.

Thanks to our generous donors. Much love, hosting in NL isn't free. Keep it trickling in via Flattr, Snail Mail and we're now accepting BitCoin

Content and discussion is really what makes the site. We've got oodles of knowledge and so many perspectives from a wide swath of what often represents the best humanity has to offer. People recognize that and keep contributing riveting content, deep research, a wealth of experience, and offer poignant solutions; all with a strong passion for what makes the heart of ConCen beat on.

We're not satisfied though. We can make this site better, more functional, easier to use, more secure, faster, more efficient and sexier. We have people volunteering their time on that when they can. The best is always yet to come.

Viva la ConCen!
There are no others, there is only us.
http://FastTadpole.com/
03-20-2014, 08:52 PM,
Thanks to all for keeping Concen alive!
"They scare us all with threats of war. So we forget just how bad things are." 'Open Your Eyes' - Lords Of The New Church 1981

03-21-2014, 07:13 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-21-2014, 07:41 AM by stiffy.)
Gemini = ConCen

I shot my space gun!

5:15 - ConCen is down!

ConCen is heroes.

I need to get out more..
03-21-2014, 11:56 PM,
Tongue  RE: It's back!
Man, I nearly got a heart attack.

But it feels so good when you're back.

Every time.

ConCen - the very last hope for planet earth.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Are we back yet? temp9 18 2,140 11-20-2013, 01:12 AM
Last Post: shortwave
  Let Me In...its Back SerialExpLain 1 751 02-05-2007, 07:57 PM
Last Post: Guest