Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Glenn Greewald's New NSA-funded Website
02-28-2014, 03:38 PM,
Rainbow  Glenn Greewald's New NSA-funded Website
I love how Glenn Greenwald's new $50 million dollar Wordpress blog is called The Intercept.

This is exactly the service it performs. The website is specifically designed to intercept anyone who begins to stray away from the Mainstream Media lies, and bring them back into the herd.

http://theintercept.org

We could also call his website The Sheep Dog. Smile
02-28-2014, 05:30 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-28-2014, 05:31 PM by mexika.)
RE: Glenn Greewald's New NSA-funded Website
heard a few days he and another person were going to start their news outlets...

Dispatches
Welcome to The Intercept
By Glenn Greenwald, Laura Poitras and Jeremy Scahill 10 Feb 2014, 12:01 AM EST 982

We are very excited to welcome everyone to The Intercept, a publication of First Look Media (FLM). The Intercept, which the three of us created, is the first of what will be numerous digital magazines published by FLM.

As soon as we resolved to build The Intercept, we set out to recruit many of the journalists whose work we have long respected and admired: those who have a proven track record of breaking boundaries, taking risks, and producing innovative, rigorous journalism.

We have assembled a team of experienced and independent journalists and editors (see our masthead here). Our central mission is to hold the most powerful governmental and corporate factions accountable, and to do so, we will report on a wide and varied range of issues.

Being able to work with highly accomplished writers like Liliana Segura, Dan Froomkin, Peter Maass and Marcy Wheeler, along with a team of young and aggressive reporters such as Murtaza Hussain, Ryan Gallagher and Ryan Devereaux, is truly emboldening. For our reporting, we have both technical expertise in the form of Micah Lee, and legal expertise from Daniel Novack. As our team grows, the ethos they embody of fearless, independent journalism is what will guide us.

The Intercept has a two-fold mission: one short-term, the other long-term.

Our short-term mission is limited but critically important: to provide a platform and an editorial structure in which to aggressively report on the disclosures provided to us by our source, NSA whistleblower Edward Snowden. We decided to launch now because we believe we have a vital and urgent obligation to this story, to these documents, and to the public.

Over the past seven months the journalists who have reported on these documents from the National Security Agency have been repeatedly threatened by a wide range of government officials. Sometimes, the intimidation campaign has gone beyond mere threats. These attempted intimidation tactics have intensified in recent weeks and have become clearly more concerted and coordinated.

None of this will deter the journalism we are doing. A primary function of The Intercept is to insist upon and defend our press freedoms from those who wish to infringe them. We are determined to move forward with what we believe is essential reporting in the public interest and with a commitment to the ideal that a truly free and independent press is a vital component of any healthy democratic society.

Our first two news articles at The Intercept are now published. The first, by Jeremy Scahill and Glenn Greenwald, documents the NSA’s use of highly unreliable methods to target individuals around the world for assassinations by drone, resulting in the deaths of innocent people. It relies upon a new well-placed source, as well as new NSA documents from the Snowden archive, to tell the story.

The second is by a guest reporter, the photographer and artist Trevor Paglen, who is publishing new aerial images of the NSA, the National Reconnaissance Office, and the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency.

Our focus in this very initial stage will be overwhelmingly on the NSA story. We will use all forms of digital media for our reporting. We will publish original source documents on which our reporting is based. We will have reporters in Washington covering reactions to these revelations and the ongoing reform efforts.

We will provide commentary from our journalists, including the return of Glenn Greenwald’s regular column. We will engage with our readers in the comment section. We will host outside experts to write op-eds and contribute news items.

Our longer-term mission is to provide aggressive and independent adversarial journalism across a wide range of issues, from secrecy, criminal and civil justice abuses and civil liberties violations to media conduct, societal inequality and all forms of financial and political corruption. The editorial independence of our journalists will be guaranteed, and they will be encouraged to pursue their journalistic passion, areas of interest, and unique voices.

We believe the prime value of journalism is that it imposes transparency, and thus accountability, on those who wield the greatest governmental and corporate power. Our journalists will be not only permitted, but encouraged, to pursue stories without regard to whom they might alienate.

Because we are launching with a limited short-term focus, we are excited by the opportunity to grow with our readers into the broader and more comprehensive news outlet we will become.
Unite The Many, defeat the few.

Revolution is for the love of your people, culture, knowledge, wisdom, spirit, and peace. Not Greed!
Soul Rebel Native Son

http://video.google.ca/videoplay?docid=277...enous&hl=en
02-28-2014, 07:13 PM,
(02-28-2014, 03:38 PM)CharliePrime Wrote: I love how Glenn Greenwald's new $50 million dollar Wordpress blog is called The Intercept.

This is exactly the service it performs. The website is specifically designed to intercept anyone who begins to stray away from the Mainstream Media lies, and bring them back into the herd.

http://theintercept.org

We could also call his website The Sheep Dog. Smile

Damn. I thought I was cynical. What on "The Intercept" brings you to that conclusion?
02-28-2014, 07:38 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-28-2014, 07:40 PM by CharliePrime.)
It's not the blog itself, it's where it came from.

The Greenwald/Snowden Show is a CIA Limited-Hangout operation. The purpose of a limited hangout is to manage how & which information is revealed about a crime for which you have already been busted.

When some billionaire NSA contractor like Pierre Omidyar whose Board of Directors network is part of Booz Allen Hamilton is funding a "journalist" to the tune of hundreds of Millions of dollars, and Fox and Sony are offering movie deals, it's time to start demanding to see some raw documents.
02-28-2014, 09:57 PM,
(02-28-2014, 07:38 PM)CharliePrime Wrote: It's not the blog itself, it's where it came from.

The Greenwald/Snowden Show is a CIA Limited-Hangout operation. The purpose of a limited hangout is to manage how & which information is revealed about a crime for which you have already been busted.

When some billionaire NSA contractor like Pierre Omidyar whose Board of Directors network is part of Booz Allen Hamilton is funding a "journalist" to the tune of hundreds of Millions of dollars, and Fox and Sony are offering movie deals, it's time to start demanding to see some raw documents.

I'm taking a wait and see attitude about this venture. As you know, I'm on the other side wrt the limited-hangout argument. Yeah, there are some real questions about Omidyar, but the end product is what I'm watching. I will take your points under advisement though.
03-01-2014, 12:25 AM,
One of his co-partner will be revealing how the drug trade, especially in Mexico and Latin America is nothing but a front of infiltrations, control, surveillance, and control mechanisms within the political, economics, and militarization of the south.

Of which I tend to agree....
Unite The Many, defeat the few.

Revolution is for the love of your people, culture, knowledge, wisdom, spirit, and peace. Not Greed!
Soul Rebel Native Son

http://video.google.ca/videoplay?docid=277...enous&hl=en
03-01-2014, 03:08 PM,
I empathize Temp. I sat on the fence regarding the Snowjob for a long time because I've had been following Greenwald's good work for years, and really respected him.

We must remember that the best disinformation has to be 90% truth, or it won't fly.

The tipping point for me was when Sibel Edmonds related how Glenn Greewald told her to "F*uck Off B*tch".

A small thing, yes, but Sibel has 100% credibility in my opinion.

I think she speaks about that in this video. It's been two months since I watched it, so I can't tell you the exact timecode when she relates that incident.

http://www.boilingfrogspost.com/2013/12/19/bfp-roundtable-video-2-glenn-greenwald-checkbook-journalism/

It appears to me that Greenwald decided to cash out his good reputation for $250 Million dollars.

You might not do such a thing, but I would. Smile
03-07-2014, 09:46 PM,
(03-01-2014, 03:08 PM)CharliePrime Wrote: I empathize Temp. I sat on the fence regarding the Snowjob for a long time because I've had been following Greenwald's good work for years, and really respected him.

We must remember that the best disinformation has to be 90% truth, or it won't fly.

The tipping point for me was when Sibel Edmonds related how Glenn Greewald told her to "F*uck Off B*tch".

A small thing, yes, but Sibel has 100% credibility in my opinion.

I think she speaks about that in this video. It's been two months since I watched it, so I can't tell you the exact timecode when she relates that incident.

http://www.boilingfrogspost.com/2013/12/19/bfp-roundtable-video-2-glenn-greenwald-checkbook-journalism/

It appears to me that Greenwald decided to cash out his good reputation for $250 Million dollars.

You might not do such a thing, but I would. Smile

At the risk of coming off as just a Snowden cheerleader (or even worse, a Greenwald cheerleader), let's remember that none of this controversy had happened at the time Snowden contacted Greenwald. The path that Greewald has taken - or is being accused of having taken - is all on Greenwald, and no one else, IMO.

I believe I watched part of that video, before something happened to distract me, I need to get back to it. THX for the link so I don't have to try and find it again.

I hope I'm never in a situation where I would be offered $250 million to compromise myself. But seriously, the $250 million didn't go to Greenwald himself, it was the money invested to start the entire "First Look" operation, which is planned to include very much more than GG.

Regarding the accusations that Greenwald has sold out & effectively allowed Omidyar access/control of the Snowden archive, I guess you may have read this already, but I'll quote just one part of it here...

Quote:Let’s leave to the side the laughable hyperbole that Omidyar is now the mastermind who has secretly engineered the Ukrainian uprising. Let’s also leave to the side a vital fact that people like this Pando writer steadfastly ignore: that there are numerous media entities in possession of tens of thousands of Snowden documents, including The Guardian, Bart Gellman/The Washington Post, The New York Times, and ProPublica, rendering absurd any conspiracy theories that Omidyar can control which documents are or are not published.

The real falsehood here is that Omidyar himself has any access, let alone “exclusive access”, to “the NSA secrets.” This is nothing short of a fabrication. The writer of this article just made that up.

The only Snowden documents Omidyar has ever seen are the ones that have been published as part of stories in media outlets around the world. He has no possession of those documents and no access to them. He has never sought or received access to those documents. He has played no role whatsoever in deciding which ones will be reported. He obviously plays no role in deciding which documents all those other news outlets will report. Other than generally conveying that there is much reporting left to be done on these documents – something I’ve publicly said many times – I don’t believe I’ve ever even had a single discussion with him about a single document in the archive.

We’ve continued to report on those documents with media outlets around the world – in the last month alone, I reported on numerous documents with NBC, while Laura did the same with The New York Times - and will continue to report on them at The Intercept with full editorial independence. But the claim that he has obtained possession of, or even access to, the archive (in full or in part) is an outright falsehood.
https://firstlook.org/theintercept/2014/03/01/journalistic-independence/

I'm still watching...
03-07-2014, 11:06 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-07-2014, 11:06 PM by CharliePrime.)
(03-07-2014, 09:46 PM)temp9 Wrote: I'm still watching...

Me too. When I was an corporate cog, I was sometimes forced to sit on other managers' disciplinary committees to decide upon an employee's termination (and often loss of licensure) when they were accused of wrong-doing.

Unlike a real court's "beyond a reasonable doubt", we employed a much lower standard of proof called "a preponderance of the evidence". Meaning, "Does 51% of the evidence point toward guilt, or innocence".

I hated those meetings. I was not present when the theft, sexual harassment, fight or whatever happened. I didn't have enough information. But we had to decide whether or not to ruin the employee's life.

Same here. It's true that we have no slam-dunk evidence that Snowden is a CIA limited-hangout operation, but when you look at the preponderance of the evidence, I have to come down on the side of Yes. For me, the scales tip further in that direction.
03-08-2014, 12:07 PM,
Dr.No. is watching...
Definition of Democrazy:
Two Volves and a Sheep
trying to agree on what
to have for dinner

http://deadlinelive.info/

03-08-2014, 02:10 PM,
(03-08-2014, 12:07 PM)nofunclub Wrote: Dr.No. is watching...

This is, perhaps, as disturbing as having the NSA watching. Icon_biggrin

Doc, I know you think outside the box, do you have an opinion on this whole affair being something other than what it is presented to be?
03-08-2014, 09:57 PM,
as I see it, two possible scenarios:-
Greenwald's a sell out or he's a total sellout..

and Snowden? I think he was set up and sold down the river .
Definition of Democrazy:
Two Volves and a Sheep
trying to agree on what
to have for dinner

http://deadlinelive.info/

03-08-2014, 11:56 PM,
LIMITED HANGOUT OPERATION HOW-TO:

Here's a Limited Hangout I participated in.

One of my employees went to a bar after work one Friday evening. There he picked up a hooker, and spent the night in a La Quinta screwing her and snorting cocaine.

At 5:00am Saturday morning Mike's wife caught him in their laundry room shoving his clothes into the washing machine, reeking of perfume and other assorted skank stank.

He was BUSTED. So begins the Limited Hangout...

Wife: "WHERE THE _F***_ HAVE YOU BEEN ALL NIGHT ?!?!?"

Mike: "Honey. My Love. I am sooooooo sorry Honey. Please don't be mad at me."

Wife: "WHERE THE _F***_ WERE YOU LAST NIGHT ?!"

Mike: "You know that asshole Charlie at work, the one you don't like?"

Wife: "Yes."

Mike: "After work yesterday Charlie insisted that I go have a drink with him. I really don't like him, but I'm in line for that promotion I told you about, so I *had* to."

Wife: "So why didn't you call me ?!"

Mike: "Honey I couldn't. After a couple of drinks Charlie insisted we go to a strip club. You know how I hate those places, but I had to. I'm so ashamed. I didn't want to disappoint you."

Wife: "Well... "

Mike: "Charlie was drunk and started buying lap dances. He made those disgusting girls dance on me too, and got angry when I tried to refuse. Those nasty girls smeared perfume and lipstick all over me. It made me sick to my stomach, but I had to take it, for the promotion. I just sat there hating it."

Wife:"Well that didn't take all night...!"

Mike: "I know Honey. I was terrified of getting a DUI, so after we left the strip club I slept in my car in Charlie's driveway. By 5 o'clock I felt safe enough to drive home. I am sooooo sorry Honey. I love you so much. I was afraid."

Wife: "Well if that jerk does this again, you call me no matter what."

Mike: "I will Honey. I'm sooooo sorry. Next time I will try harder to tell Charlie no."

I got a call from Mike at 6:00am saying "Charlie. You gotta help me man. If my wife calls, tell her I was with you last night". I liked Mike, so I agreed.

At company functions forever after Mike's wife would try to burn holes in me with her eyes.

Limited Hangouts are a beneficial way of revealing the information about a crime for which you've already been busted. Conspiracy researchers have known for a decade about the illegal CIA/NSA wiretapping. In 2013 the public "found out".
03-09-2014, 04:30 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-09-2014, 04:32 AM by stiffy.)
(03-08-2014, 11:56 PM)CharliePrime Wrote: Conspiracy researchers have known for a decade about the illegal CIA/NSA wiretapping.

It's been known since the 1980s that Canada, the U.S., The U.K., Australia, and New Zealand have been using each other's surveillance apparatus as proxies to spy on their own citizens.

What's lesser known is that the spy agencies have, right from their founding (some over a hundred years ago), been primarily concerned with stealing information that helps them in business. That's why the vast majority of the people running them are blue blood private school types. It's always been about money. The Cold War and the War on Terror are cover stories to make money for the creeps behind the scenes...
03-09-2014, 04:11 PM,
I agree Stiffy. I'm beginning to suspect that secret intelligence agencies have always assisted businesses, like for thousands of years, like it's actually the norm.

In Stephan Molyneux's recent video The Truth About Abraham Lincoln he talks about how the Civil War was really a giant leap forward for Fascism.

The South was being raped by the North via taxes on international trade moving through Southern ports (like taxes of 47%). The South could not resist because the North had a larger voting population. Taxation Without Representation.

Northern industrialists had the Federal Government stealing Southern wealth and spending it on railroads, canals, and other projects that benefited the North. In the tradition of the American Revolution, the South wanted out.

Lincoln assumed dictatorial powers and started throwing dissenters in prison without trial, basically behaving like Mussolini or Stalin.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Glenn Beck Show Hilariously Mocks Alex Jones Fawning Over Charlie Sheen - IMG INT Negentropic 17 6,310 11-17-2012, 12:19 PM
Last Post: Negentropic
  Tom and I at the SF Giants parade doing Prop.37 on ESPN Grantland website datars 0 326 11-11-2012, 07:07 PM
Last Post: datars
  Funny website: commieblaster Sovereignman 3 786 01-28-2012, 05:02 AM
Last Post: thokling
  Hillary Clinton admits the U.S government created and funded Al-Qaeda Solve et Coagula 2 592 07-25-2011, 08:20 AM
Last Post: p4r4
  Glenn Beck Out @ Faux News Runda 1 562 04-29-2011, 03:19 PM
Last Post: v1c3r0y
Information "Manufacturing Dissent": the Anti-globalization Mvmt. Funded by the Corporate Elites h3rm35 0 546 09-28-2010, 10:29 PM
Last Post: h3rm35
  FOX 'News' to Deliver Taxpayer Funded Propaganda to Canada? FastTadpole 0 472 09-01-2010, 04:41 AM
Last Post: FastTadpole
Thumbs Down For nik: OSI Rights Group funded by Soros Join Criticism of WikiLeaks joeblow 0 520 08-12-2010, 12:02 PM
Last Post: joeblow
  Government Funded Front Groups FastTadpole 2 684 05-14-2010, 05:59 PM
Last Post: h3rm35
  I’m watching the Tea-Partiers, Glenn Beck and Alex Jones with interest... h3rm35 2 585 03-10-2010, 09:07 AM
Last Post: Melchor