Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
When did you wake up?
02-15-2014, 08:08 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-15-2014, 08:28 PM by RaFTertheONE.)
When did you wake up?
When did you start to become aware? For me it was in 2003. It was the year after I graduated high school. (Edit: actually I graduated 2005. For some reason I always think it was 2003. Memory problems. So 2005 I started waking up) I had more time to think about these things. The guy that runs Al Fry's website sent me a link to conspiracycentral and 911 Loose Change. Once I saw Loose Change, it started to wake me up to the things that are going on. Prior to all of this, I know something was wrong because of all the junk that is in food. So I thought to myself, why would they put these things in food?

My best friend also was becoming aware of these things around the same time I was. This really helped because we both could relate. My graduation class was about 700 people. I only know of a few people that know about these topics, which is saying a lot. More than ever, people know about the Illuminati and some other things. But it's about Jay Z and other artists being Illuminati and throwing up satanic signs.

My dad has been awake since the late 70s or early 80's, I forget. Before 911 happened, all that's going on was closed information. After 911, it became the open conspiracy, where they don't care who knows what. So prior to 2001, my dad would talk to people about the one world government. He said he only came across a few people that knew what was going on. You could count on one hand, how many people that he ran into. I remember when I was younger, maybe 11 or 12, my dad got to talking to someone that also knew about these topics. I was too young to understand. It was at a hotel bar. My dad proceeded to get really drunk. I didn't understand.... There was one more time where my dad ran into someone that knew what was up where I can remember, but that's about it. Can you imagine not being able to talk to anyone about these topics? Probably some of you can relate, if you are old enough. Sometimes I think I have it easy. I really can’t picture how hard that must have been.

Back then, it was harder to know about these things and almost no one knew about it. Sometimes I feel like there's no comparison to when my dad was learning this info. Now we are just one click away from learning it. Almost anyone can know about it. When he was studying it, there were just newsletters and a few books. You were lucky if you came across the information. A person really had to work for it.

My dad ran into Al Fry's work in the 80s. We have a whole mess of his old newsletters somewhere, along with some other weird/rare books. The tapes from Al Fry he returned because they were rentals. Once I came across the Al Fry webpage. I was looking for it because my dad always talked about him and wanted to visit him. That's where I contacted the owner of the website and scanned an Al Fry newsletter for him. He gave me a bunch of links, including conspiracycentral. And that's how I found out about the site.
02-16-2014, 12:15 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-16-2014, 12:37 AM by JFK.)
RE: When did you wake up?
About 6 months prior to 27 Oct 2005 , 17:44 PM which is when I made my first post at Letsroll.

I spent that 6 months trying to debunk what I had read there...
And for the most part failed.

Too bad that people on that site became infected with "Holohoaxism" and "Fakepeopleism".

Once upon a time it was an excellent 9/11 research site, and it is also where Loose Change 1 was born.

Edit to add - Wait. WTF ? that *SHOULD* read 2004. < scratches head >
[Image: Signature2.gif]
02-16-2014, 01:24 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-16-2014, 01:25 AM by CharliePrime.)
Around 2005 I was a ten-year, respected member of an online martial arts forum full of old cops and soldiers.

When the occasional 9/11 "troofer" showed up on the forum, we delighted in ridiculing them mercilessly for being retarded fools.

In one "conversation" a truther really pissed me off, so I started googling for information to debunk some assertion he'd made. While searching I ran across some piece of information that made me think "Wait a minute. Now, that's rather odd".

And then another, and another, and so on... As you know, you just can't un-know the things you discover.

Sometimes I wish I could go back to before. It would certainly make my social life easier.
02-16-2014, 01:46 AM,
Right here.
That would be post #2 for me on Conspiracy Central. Wink
“Today’s scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after
equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality. ” -Nikola Tesla

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." -Jimi Hendrix
02-16-2014, 02:21 AM,
Wake up?

I've been seriously brainwashed since birth. And since then my mind has been tampered with with all sorts of social programming.

Ever night I go to sleep and things seem as real to me as what I see when I'm awake.

I look at others living around me when I'm awake and think we're all living in the same dream.

But, some claim they are awake. But they talk about how the Queen is a lizard, how Aliens are living in middle earth, how the Nazi built spaceships and are living on Mars, how this or that.

People like to beLIEve they are awake while other are sleeping.

But how does one know that they have not simply replaced a mental program with another one?

For example, you used to beLIEve that 911 was the fault of them evil Muslims, but then you learned that it was actually them Jews! But really? Really, how do you know that you did not go from one bad dream to another? How can you claim that you were sleeping in the past and now are awake?

This example may not be the best to explain what people perceive as "being awake". It's much more complex than that. People that "become awake" have a real inner feeling to have been freed from a mental fog and that they now can see and feel things much more clearly.

But then again, how many times have I heard people claim they were awake, but then hear them speak nonsense; simply repeating what they heard others say...

I guess the point I'm trying to make here is, before we can ask "when did you wake up", we need to figure out what is mean to be awake.

And this question is a snake pit full of slithering dangers.

For now, my own personal response is that: I seem to be caught in a process of blinking consciousness where at times I seem to be flipped on, and other times off. This on/off process been going on for a while, but the on switch seems to stay on for longer periods of times. It also has to do with the level of confidence with being "on" vs "off", which may seem subjective at first, but less in time.

It may be that words fail to express the process of being "awake", or that I do not have the skills to type my feeling on a keyboard?!
Paix, Amour et Lumiere
02-17-2014, 01:29 PM,
I wonder why R.R. deleted his posts in this thread.

A mystery! Smile
02-17-2014, 01:42 PM,
(02-17-2014, 01:29 PM)CharliePrime Wrote: I wonder why R.R. deleted his posts in this thread.

A mystery! Smile
No mystery...
http://concen.org/forum/announcement-15.html

Fuck, now I gotta re create my PITA mycode thread. Sad
[Image: Signature2.gif]
02-17-2014, 02:35 PM,
Ahh. Gremians vexing us.

Sun is up now. Time for more tilling up more of my lawn! I spent most of yesterday on it.

My bell peppers will be Awesome this year. I can feel it.
02-17-2014, 06:15 PM,
Its kind of crazy when I think about it really. I voted for Bush the 1st time around. It was the 1st presidential election I could vote for so I was naturally all brainwashed and ready to play my part as a good ol 'Murican. 9-11 was definitely the beginning of my turning point. I realize now that I knew subconsciously something wasnt right but at the time- as it happened, I was wrapped up in all the propaganda. I really thought I was getting reliable information from the radio talk shows my father listened to. I cant stomach 2 minutes of them now.
I was always inquisitive. Ever since I was a little kid. I still remember asking my father when I was pretty young, maybe 7-8 years old what taxes were, and why we had to pay them. His answers led me to even more questions... What would happen if we didnt pay them? And if we were forced to pay taxes, then how could we be really free? I guess his answers never satisfied me, and I'm glad they didnt. Same with 9-11, I bought into all the War on Terror stuff at 1st.
Seeing some of the other responses here, I can relate. I too tried to "debunk" from my perspective, the 9-11 conspiracies on a HipHop forum a co-worker of mine visited daily. I started posting using his account on that site and one link led to another, one answer leading to more questions and then finally after realizing I was completely buying into shit that was completely false I guess then I woke up in a sense. But I feel like there is so much more to this dream of reality that considering myself woken up will only hinder my true awakening. The minute I thought I knew it all on 9-11 and the War on Terror, I was opened up to a whole new world of information. I was introduced to Bill Cooper's work shortly after 2002 and that also took me much deeper. Later on perhaps around 2005-2006, at that HipHop site someone posted a link to some crackpot supposed Freemason named Leo Zagami, started listening to some radio show he used to do, then heard about this site from someone there and Ive never left. With ConCen as my main base, Ive been building on that awakening ever since.
"Listen to everyone, read everything, believe nothing unless you can prove it in your own research"
~William Cooper

DTTNWO!
02-17-2014, 08:08 PM,
I hate to date myself, but, I started listening to shortwave radio broadcasts in the early 60s on an 8-tube, 1938 Philco floor model radio, purchased for $5.00 at a junk store. ....I could not understand why a big-shot Capitalist, New York Governor, Nelson Rockefeller took his vacation at the Black Sea in the Communist, Soviet Union, in the midst of the "Cold War", in 1964. (Some say he went there to "fire" Soviet Premier, Nikita Khrushchev.) ....Waking up? Probably after reading "None Dare Call It Conspiracy", in 1972. The blinders came off, completely, then. After that, nothing was ever believed again (at "face value"), without serious assessment and/or study. Later, in the early 90s a man named Bill Cooper started broadcasting on the shortwaves. He put many of the things that I thought about into a perspective that was easily digested. He also introduced me to subjects that I had no idea of. If I wasn't totally convinced, by then (that most everything was 180 degrees, out of phase), Cooper pushed me over the edge. I'm sure there were many other factors, but these are the major "events" that lead to my "downfall", becoming the much ridiculed, "conspiracy theorist" that I am, today.
02-17-2014, 10:04 PM,
My first wake up call started at the winter of 1996 watching 'A World Without Cancer - Edward Griffin'. Since then, i've came a very long way.
02-18-2014, 04:24 PM,
It's a process. Layers to an onion. I think almost all of us feel that, from a very young age, that something is amiss with the power structure, "the system" or his story as we are taught but we can't quite put our finger on it.

It was a phased approach but a few events and/or realizations took me over some invisible threshold to put all I thought I knew into doubt. The earliest was likely when I got involved in grassroots politics when I was 12 and saw the way the system was controlled by a few parties the simple fact that many politicians lied, when read about the JFK cover up, Oklahoma City all raised red flags and made me become skeptical of the news at the very least. When I was doing a program for an environmental company and did the math on carbon dioxide output the numbers were all out of whack with reality was another mind hurdle. Finding ConCen and reading about DARPA and Blackwater back in 2008 really opened up the floodgates for me though. That led to a lot of self driven research on various topics.

I have never really labelled myself "awake" per se, it's more a state of not knowing and curiosity, an awareness of self and the world around us. A progressive not an absolute state of knowing, and the more I seem to learn the less I can claim to know is a pattern that has more or less exhibited itself in my experience to date. I rather detest the truth movement.. calling some array of ideas or shuts the mind off to other positions on what really occurs, how something operates or what has transpired. Calling oneself a truther or awake puts the mind in a closed state and inherently states that a group or individual has some sort of monopoly on the truth. I suppose that topic is a degree off the thread starter though..

From then on in, I apply a new methodology for validating truth thanks to John Taylor Gatto, The Trivium, a deeper connection to spirit and the tireless steady stream of search and research put forth by the ConCen community.

Knowing is one thing. Doing something proactive about it is quite another though. Over the past 18 months I've shifted my mission to a more personal, face to face level of application of the deeper truths I've garnered rather than simply adding my voice to the noise in a less direct shotgun approach.
There are no others, there is only us.
http://FastTadpole.com/
02-19-2014, 01:04 AM,
While I've been a truther since a young age, I haven't woken up yet. Everything happens in stages. "Wakefulness" appears less to be a state and more of a series of paradigm-shattering steps. There's still much to know, and I doubt the veil will truly ever be lifted. Unlike with some, I don't see the terms "truther" or "truth movement" as offensive since it encompasses a wide range of methodologies which help or hinder one in their growth depending upon the material one chooses to view.

Seeking truth to me is seeking to expand one's awareness, but this applies to objective reality as seeking truth to others applies to a more subjective point of view.

I recall one of the first moments I've had as a truther was finding ways to realign my brain using self hypnosis and metaprogramming using text documents I downloaded off of some local BBS. Understanding more about diet within the past few years has given me a wealth of data on biology, genetics and epigenetics; studying conspiracy related data has allowed me the opportunity to explore neuropsychology, politics, and economics. One area I find bleeds into another, supplying one another with transferable skills.

The big move getting me into the truther "movement" was finding one of Icke's vids on TPB, and following the links from there to, eventually, here.
Truth appears in many forms. Find those that resonate with you.

- "If we do not believe in freedom of speech for those we despise, we do not believe in it at all." - Noam Chomsky
- "Humans are not a rational animal, but a rationalizing one." - Leon Festinger

http://avaaz.org - The World In Action
02-19-2014, 05:09 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-19-2014, 05:19 AM by RaFTertheONE.)
(02-17-2014, 06:15 PM)SiLVa Wrote: Its kind of crazy when I think about it really. I voted for Bush the 1st time around. It was the 1st presidential election I could vote for so I was naturally all brainwashed and ready to play my part as a good ol 'Murican. 9-11 was definitely the beginning of my turning point. I realize now that I knew subconsciously something wasnt right but at the time- as it happened, I was wrapped up in all the propaganda. I really thought I was getting reliable information from the radio talk shows my father listened to. I cant stomach 2 minutes of them now.
I was always inquisitive. Ever since I was a little kid. I still remember asking my father when I was pretty young, maybe 7-8 years old what taxes were, and why we had to pay them. His answers led me to even more questions... What would happen if we didnt pay them? And if we were forced to pay taxes, then how could we be really free? I guess his answers never satisfied me, and I'm glad they didnt. Same with 9-11, I bought into all the War on Terror stuff at 1st.
Seeing some of the other responses here, I can relate. I too tried to "debunk" from my perspective, the 9-11 conspiracies on a HipHop forum a co-worker of mine visited daily. I started posting using his account on that site and one link led to another, one answer leading to more questions and then finally after realizing I was completely buying into shit that was completely false I guess then I woke up in a sense. But I feel like there is so much more to this dream of reality that considering myself woken up will only hinder my true awakening. The minute I thought I knew it all on 9-11 and the War on Terror, I was opened up to a whole new world of information. I was introduced to Bill Cooper's work shortly after 2002 and that also took me much deeper. Later on perhaps around 2005-2006, at that HipHop site someone posted a link to some crackpot supposed Freemason named Leo Zagami, started listening to some radio show he used to do, then heard about this site from someone there and Ive never left. With ConCen as my main base, Ive been building on that awakening ever since.

Sadly I voted for Bush too. I was 18 at the time and was afraid that if I didn't vote for Bush, that the war wouldn't go good.

(02-17-2014, 08:08 PM)Bland1900 Wrote: I hate to date myself, but, I started listening to shortwave radio broadcasts in the early 60s on an 8-tube, 1938 Philco floor model radio, purchased for $5.00 at a junk store. ....I could not understand why a big-shot Capitalist, New York Governor, Nelson Rockefeller took his vacation at the Black Sea in the Communist, Soviet Union, in the midst of the "Cold War", in 1964. (Some say he went there to "fire" Soviet Premier, Nikita Khrushchev.) ....Waking up? Probably after reading "None Dare Call It Conspiracy", in 1972. The blinders came off, completely, then. After that, nothing was ever believed again (at "face value"), without serious assessment and/or study. Later, in the early 90s a man named Bill Cooper started broadcasting on the shortwaves. He put many of the things that I thought about into a perspective that was easily digested. He also introduced me to subjects that I had no idea of. If I wasn't totally convinced, by then (that most everything was 180 degrees, out of phase), Cooper pushed me over the edge. I'm sure there were many other factors, but these are the major "events" that lead to my "downfall", becoming the much ridiculed, "conspiracy theorist" that I am, today.

It's nice we have you on Concen. I can't imagine knowing some of this information for that long. It must have been kind of lonely back then. Be proud that you were one of the few to be awake back then. It real means a lot when you think about it.

(02-18-2014, 04:24 PM)FastTadpole Wrote: It's a process. Layers to an onion. I think almost all of us feel that, from a very young age, that something is amiss with the power structure, "the system" or his story as we are taught but we can't quite put our finger on it.

It was a phased approach but a few events and/or realizations took me over some invisible threshold to put all I thought I knew into doubt. The earliest was likely when I got involved in grassroots politics when I was 12 and saw the way the system was controlled by a few parties the simple fact that many politicians lied, when read about the JFK cover up, Oklahoma City all raised red flags and made me become skeptical of the news at the very least. When I was doing a program for an environmental company and did the math on carbon dioxide output the numbers were all out of whack with reality was another mind hurdle. Finding ConCen and reading about DARPA and Blackwater back in 2008 really opened up the floodgates for me though. That led to a lot of self driven research on various topics.

I have never really labelled myself "awake" per se, it's more a state of not knowing and curiosity, an awareness of self and the world around us. A progressive not an absolute state of knowing, and the more I seem to learn the less I can claim to know is a pattern that has more or less exhibited itself in my experience to date. I rather detest the truth movement.. calling some array of ideas or shuts the mind off to other positions on what really occurs, how something operates or what has transpired. Calling oneself a truther or awake puts the mind in a closed state and inherently states that a group or individual has some sort of monopoly on the truth. I suppose that topic is a degree off the thread starter though..

From then on in, I apply a new methodology for validating truth thanks to John Taylor Gatto, The Trivium, a deeper connection to spirit and the tireless steady stream of search and research put forth by the ConCen community.

Knowing is one thing. Doing something proactive about it is quite another though. Over the past 18 months I've shifted my mission to a more personal, face to face level of application of the deeper truths I've garnered rather than simply adding my voice to the noise in a less direct shotgun approach.

Well Said! Do you or anyone else on this thread know people in your lives that you can talk to about these topics?

(02-18-2014, 04:24 PM)FastTadpole Wrote: It's a process. Layers to an onion. I think almost all of us feel that, from a very young age, that something is amiss with the power structure, "the system" or his story as we are taught but we can't quite put our finger on it.

Well Said! Do you or anyone else on this thread know people in your lives that you can talk to about these topics?

(02-19-2014, 01:04 AM)thokling Wrote: While I've been a truther since a young age, I haven't woken up yet. Everything happens in stages. "Wakefulness" appears less to be a state and more of a series of paradigm-shattering steps. There's still much to know, and I doubt the veil will truly ever be lifted. Unlike with some, I don't see the terms "truther" or "truth movement" as offensive since it encompasses a wide range of methodologies which help or hinder one in their growth depending upon the material one chooses to view.

Seeking truth to me is seeking to expand one's awareness, but this applies to objective reality as seeking truth to others applies to a more subjective point of view.

I recall one of the first moments I've had as a truther was finding ways to realign my brain using self hypnosis and metaprogramming using text documents I downloaded off of some local BBS. Understanding more about diet within the past few years has given me a wealth of data on biology, genetics and epigenetics; studying conspiracy related data has allowed me the opportunity to explore neuropsychology, politics, and economics. One area I find bleeds into another, supplying one another with transferable skills.

The big move getting me into the truther "movement" was finding one of Icke's vids on TPB, and following the links from there to, eventually, here.

Nutrition is a fascinating subject. I wouldn't mind some parts of being a nurse. Too bad I would have to go along with too many things I disagree with. You ever think about starting a Health Talk or Blog?
02-19-2014, 07:21 AM,
(02-19-2014, 05:09 AM)RaFTertheONE Wrote:
(02-19-2014, 01:04 AM)thokling Wrote: Understanding more about diet within the past few years has given me a wealth of data on biology, genetics and epigenetics...

Nutrition is a fascinating subject. I wouldn't mind some parts of being a nurse. Too bad I would have to go along with too many things I disagree with. You ever think about starting a Health Talk or Blog?

Yes, and it ends up 2% the original subject matter and the rest of it is me babbling about stuff that's confused me. Like shiny things.

See this hand? It is MINE.
See these things? THEY are mine.

Damn the shiny things!
Truth appears in many forms. Find those that resonate with you.

- "If we do not believe in freedom of speech for those we despise, we do not believe in it at all." - Noam Chomsky
- "Humans are not a rational animal, but a rationalizing one." - Leon Festinger

http://avaaz.org - The World In Action

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Wake UP bitches post something : ) Weyland 1 580 03-03-2011, 09:12 AM
Last Post: yeti
  Top 3 911 was an inside job to wake up parents to the truth? buddha01 2 660 02-11-2010, 12:33 AM
Last Post: Melchor
  Another Wake-up Call LoopRadar 3 594 03-13-2008, 09:41 PM
Last Post: LoopRadar
  How did you wake up? LeveL 23 2,089 01-11-2008, 03:10 AM
Last Post: 322
  &quot;WAKE UP PEOPLE&quot; - more on those mysterious trades and war with Iran MikeWB 1 433 09-03-2007, 12:48 AM
Last Post: Rod
  Wake Up Call: We are About to Have Another 911 FighterFromAfar 0 327 07-21-2007, 09:56 AM
Last Post: FighterFromAfar
  Goolge Spider Goats Video Aka Wake Up America! MikeWB 2 549 06-24-2007, 11:10 PM
Last Post: triplesix
  How Old Are You Guys? And When/why Did You Wake Up? grell 54 5,173 04-14-2007, 09:43 AM
Last Post: Fixation
  Thinking Of Doing A Wake Up Talk nobjockey 5 581 01-04-2007, 06:56 PM
Last Post: nobjockey
  In What Order To Wake A Person Up To 911 drummer 28 2,042 10-17-2006, 09:05 AM
Last Post: OWN-the-NWO