Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cross the Line Game at Marinette Middle School
02-06-2014, 07:41 AM,
Cross the Line Game at Marinette Middle School

A middle school in Marinette, Wisconsin got a group of 5th-8th graders together and organized a really fun game that asked students to step forward to answer “yes” to a series of highly personal questions.

Questions like…

Do your parents drink?
Do you cut yourself?
Has anyone in your family been to jail?
Have you ever wanted to commit suicide?
Do you or your parents do drugs?

Unbelievably, school administrators believed that this “game” would help the kids to be better and kinder friends. “The intent of this activity was to build stronger, more respectful relationships among students,” said Principal Shawn Limberg. The “game” was part of an anti-bullying program.’
02-06-2014, 09:25 AM,
RE: Cross the Line Game at Marinette Middle School
An example of children being encouraged to release personal information of other people generally without consent of those people or knowledge of the importance, and privilege, of privacy. This, to me, is itself a "sleight of hand" bullying, or perhaps even exploitation. Kids are being used to placate the emotionalism of others instead of empowered with practical knowledge.

Bullying results from a feeling of loss of control to another, and this "anti-bullying" program is supposed to work by taking control from others (over their own privacy), which means an anti-bullying program is itself participating in bullying.

bully: a blustering, quarrelsome, overbearing person who habitually badgers and intimidates smaller or weaker people.

While not precisely describing the actions of the school admins, it helps to get the general point across here.
Truth appears in many forms. Find those that resonate with you.

- "If we do not believe in freedom of speech for those we despise, we do not believe in it at all." - Noam Chomsky
- "Humans are not a rational animal, but a rationalizing one." - Leon Festinger

http://avaaz.org - The World In Action
02-06-2014, 11:01 AM,
IMHO this "game" only serves to teach these children the hard way how to become proficient liars for the purpose of self preservation.

Other than that I agree with thokling's analysis.
[Image: Signature2.gif]
02-06-2014, 11:31 AM,
(02-06-2014, 11:01 AM)JFK Wrote: IMHO this "game" only serves to teach these children the hard way how to become proficient liars for the purpose of self preservation.

That's a rather sneaky, but in my eyes accurate, analysis of the potential results of programs like these. Once the children have released said private information, they are "instructed" one way or another by their parents to lie so the parent can preserve their own defensiveness (appropriate or otherwise) of their preferred lifestyle.

Perhaps this is a cunning attempt by someone to further the production a nation of empathically dead (psychopathic) individuals via behavioural neurological modification. The brain can physically change its structure (synaptic and, for sake of brevity here, memetic wiring) to match the perspective of the individual, and young people are especially malleable in this way.
Truth appears in many forms. Find those that resonate with you.

- "If we do not believe in freedom of speech for those we despise, we do not believe in it at all." - Noam Chomsky
- "Humans are not a rational animal, but a rationalizing one." - Leon Festinger

http://avaaz.org - The World In Action
02-06-2014, 12:30 PM,
(02-06-2014, 11:31 AM)thokling Wrote:
(02-06-2014, 11:01 AM)JFK Wrote: IMHO this "game" only serves to teach these children the hard way how to become proficient liars for the purpose of self preservation.
Once the children have released said private information, they are "instructed" one way or another by their parents to lie <snip>

I was thinking more along the lines of the other students instructing them via harassment, hence "the hard way" in my reply.

As a child you spend nearly 1/3 of your life with these "other students", and that harassment can, and has actually lead TO suicide.

I call that the "holier than thou syndrome", and in fact you can see examples of it even on internet forums... And I have also probably been guilty of it. Blush
[Image: Signature2.gif]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pawns in the Game - William Guy Carr on the Illuminati mexika 0 254 10-19-2013, 02:22 AM
Last Post: mexika
  SWAT team Terror Drill On School Bus Filled With Terrified Children drummer 3 674 08-20-2013, 10:53 PM
Last Post: Frank2
  Jura Lina – The Jewish Hand in Bolshevism/Communism Not Mentioned at School mexika 0 506 07-24-2013, 11:20 PM
  The Truth about School mexika 0 253 06-08-2013, 07:32 PM
  High school student sends letter to Obama over drone assassinations mexika 1 412 02-10-2013, 12:58 PM
Last Post: nofunclub
  Anon. Help ME - Middle East mexika 0 219 02-02-2013, 02:57 AM
  Why I HATE School, But Love Education! mexika 0 443 12-13-2012, 12:57 AM
  History They Don't Teach You in School Part1 mexika 0 449 02-17-2012, 06:10 AM
  School as Prison or to Prison and War States mexika 2 498 01-10-2012, 12:57 AM
  Child vaccinated at school AGAINST PARENTS WISHES ! mexika 0 446 10-28-2009, 07:36 AM