Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hey thokling, be grateful
10-16-2013, 09:42 PM,
Hey thokling, be grateful
that concen does not run on VBulletin...

(10-16-2013, 12:58 PM)thokling Wrote: darn it if this system just plain confuses me.

During my first experience with Letsroll's admin control panel I got sooo lost it took me three days to find my way home. :p
[Image: Signature2.gif]
10-16-2013, 11:57 PM,
RE: Hey thokling, be grateful
(10-16-2013, 09:42 PM)JFK Wrote: that concen does not run on VBulletin...

(10-16-2013, 12:58 PM)thokling Wrote: darn it if this system just plain confuses me.

During my first experience with Letsroll's admin control panel I got sooo lost it took me three days to find my way home. :p

That's why I prefer to write my own software just so I know in advance how it works, with exception to trackers at the moment. Haven't figured those out yet.

To some, "user friendly" means "this software will not stab you in the eyes with a shovel".
Truth appears in many forms. Find those that resonate with you.

- "If we do not believe in freedom of speech for those we despise, we do not believe in it at all." - Noam Chomsky
- "Humans are not a rational animal, but a rationalizing one." - Leon Festinger

http://avaaz.org - The World In Action
10-17-2013, 01:22 AM,
RE: Hey thokling, be grateful
(10-16-2013, 11:57 PM)thokling Wrote:
(10-16-2013, 09:42 PM)JFK Wrote: that concen does not run on VBulletin...

That's why I prefer to write my own software just so I know in advance how it works, with exception to trackers at the moment. Haven't figured those out yet.

To some, "user friendly" means "this software will not stab you in the eyes with a shovel".
LOL
So are you still finding your way around the control panel ?
If I remember right MyBB was like number two in "user friendliness" ( dumbed downedness :p ) as far as the admin CP of the forum software I checked out, with Zetaboards being number 1... Of course you can't do anything PHPwise with Zetaboards as it is proprietary, well "locked down" and not for sale.

IDK, Perhaps you should download a fresh copy and play with it locally ( on a virtual machine set up with a LAMP stack ) ?
Once you understand how that all works you can begin reverse engineering Yeti's cross breeding of MyBB and TorrentTrader.

- just a thought.
[Image: Signature2.gif]