Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No worries about the sun unless a comet strikes it. Guess what just happened..
08-20-2013, 06:03 PM,
No worries about the sun unless a comet strikes it. Guess what just happened..
They say not to worry about the sun unless a comet strikes it. Guess what just happened...
http://azstarnet.com/news/science/don-t-flip-out-about-the-sun/article_ce93e4cf-0178-51bf-882e-fee8e5e8de91.html

http://spaceweather.com/images2013/20aug13/cme_comet_anim.gif (old gif file corrupted)

New animated GIF Link (1.36MB) http://spaceweather.com/images2013/20aug13/cme_comet_anim3.gif
There are no others, there is only us.
http://FastTadpole.com/
08-20-2013, 06:09 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-20-2013, 06:09 PM by CharliePrime.)
RE: Notthing to worry about the sun unless a comet strikes it. Guess what just happened..
I didn't seen anything at your link about a comet striking the Sun.

The link did get me to thinking of ways to combat Global Cooling.

I wonder what is percentage by weight of the typical comet versus the Sun?
08-20-2013, 07:35 PM,
RE: Solar comet impact/CME event - 2013 August 20
Though the article noted doesn't mention the comet striking the sun and resulting CME (coronal mass ejection), the image filename is dated for 2013 August 20, which coincides with the following video:

It appears the CME was generated prior to the comet impact. With my brain currently in Electric Universe mode, I suspect that an electrical connection was created between the two objects, which somehow caused the CME. After mass was ejected (through a polarity shift perhaps?), the comet struck, however the comet's approach and differences in charge between the two objects most likely caused the ejection.
Truth appears in many forms. Find those that resonate with you.

- "If we do not believe in freedom of speech for those we despise, we do not believe in it at all." - Noam Chomsky
- "Humans are not a rational animal, but a rationalizing one." - Leon Festinger

http://avaaz.org - The World In Action
08-20-2013, 09:15 PM,
RE: Notthing to worry about the sun unless a comet strikes it. Guess what just happened..
I don't see how a comet could cause a CME.

The largest comets weigh 10,000 pounds.

The Sun weighs 4,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 pounds.

That would be like a speck of dust flying into the 240V drop-down transformer on the pole on my street and causing it to spark. Not enough charge differential.
08-20-2013, 09:44 PM,
(08-20-2013, 09:15 PM)CharliePrime Wrote: I don't see how a comet could cause a CME.

That would be like a speck of dust flying into the 240V drop-down transformer on the pole on my street and causing it to spark. Not enough charge differential.

Unless the comet ( or speck of dust in your example ) happened to be composed of anti-matter.
Thinking
[Image: Signature2.gif]
08-20-2013, 10:49 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-20-2013, 10:51 PM by Frank2.)
(08-20-2013, 09:15 PM)CharliePrime Wrote: I don't see how a comet could cause a CME.

Is that an estimation of the largest known recorded comet or the actual largest comets?
“The truth, of course, is that a billion falsehoods told a billion times by a billion people are still false.” Travis Walton
08-20-2013, 11:10 PM,
I don't know which. I googled "How much does a comet weigh?" and that's what came up.
08-21-2013, 02:42 AM,
RE: Nothing to worry about the sun unless a comet strikes it....
To the original poster: please reduce the length of the subject line by at least 4 characters so we responders aren't required to modify the subject line when we post a reply. Thanks! {adminput:: done}

According to the EU paradigm, which again my brain is processing information in accordance with, it's not so much mass as charge difference combined with the particular attributes of the star, much of which is still unproven theory in the standard model of cosmology.

I definitely recommend having a gander at http://thunderbolts.info, the various Thunderbolts Project torrents available here at ConCen, as well as the ThunderboltsProject channel on YouTube, which has a wealth of data.

- "If we do not believe in freedom of speech for those we despise, we do not believe in it at all." - Noam Chomsky

08-21-2013, 11:50 AM,
RE: No worries about the sun unless a comet strikes it. Guess what just happened..
For a couple of years I've been subscribed to the Thunderbolts channel on YouTube. I'm familiar with the theory, but don't claim to really understand it.

My understanding of their comet theory is that comets "glow" because of the charge differential as they approach the Sun. I could be wrong. I don't understand why meteors don't also glow. I think the difference they say is that meteors don't have the same charge differential because comets come from outside the solar system whereas meteors are from inside.

I found this article from 2006 which links comets with CME's and contradicts my reasoning...

http://www.thunderbolts.info/tpod/2006/arch06/060425cometcme.htm

Quote:The influence of the comet’s electrical field is far more significant than its trivial mass in relation to the Sun. What will occur electrically if the charge plasma or “atmosphere” of the comet penetrates the insulating double layer of the Sun’s plasma sheath? An analogy might be the effect of a pebble from space penetrating into the upper atmosphere of the Earth where the intruder’s plasma trail short circuits the Earth’s electric field to cause a high altitude discharge. The issue has virtually nothing to do with the respective masses of the Earth and the pebble. The disturbing image of the space shuttle Columbia being struck by a discharge that followed its plasma trail through the upper atmosphere also comes to mind.

If this is true, I think All comets should produce a CME if they get within a certain distance.
08-21-2013, 04:28 PM,
RE: No worries about the sun unless a comet strikes it. Guess what just happened..
Here's the semi-dismissive semi-alarmist article at spaceweather.com

Quote: ANOTHER CME IS ON THE WAY: As Earth passes through the wake of one CME, which did little to stir geomagnetic activity on Aug. 20th, another CME is on the way. NOAA forecasters expect a coronal mass ejection hurled into space yesterday by an erupting magnetic filament to deliver a glancing blow to Earth's magnetic field on Aug. 23rd. High-latitude sky watchers should be alert for auroras. Aurora alerts: text, voice.

SUNDIVING COMET AND FULL-HALO CME: A small comet plunged into the sun on August 20th. Just before it arrived, the sun expelled a magnificent full-halo CME. Click to view a movie from the Solar and Heliospheric Observatory (SOHO):

New animated GIF Link (1.36MB) http://spaceweather.com/images2013/20aug13/cme_comet_anim3.gif

In the final frames of the movie, the comet can be seen furiously vaporizing. Indeed, those were the comet's final frames. It did not emerge again from its flyby of the hot sun. "With a diameter of perhaps a few tens of meters, this comet was clearly far too small to survive the intense bombardment of solar radiation," comments Karl Battams of the Naval Research Lab, who studies sungrazing comets.

The CME (coronal mass ejection) came from an explosion on the farside of the sun. Although the CME and the comet appear to intersect, there was probably no interaction between the two. The comet is in the foreground and the farside CME is behind it.

Occasionally, readers ask if sundiving comets can trigger solar explosions. There's no known mechanism for comets to spark solar flares. Comets are thought to be too small and fragile to destabilize the sun's magnetic field. Plus, this comet was still millions of kilometers from the sun when the explosion unfolded.

The comet, R.I.P., was a member of the Kreutz family. Kreutz sungrazers are fragments from the breakup of a single giant comet many centuries ago. They get their name from 19th century German astronomer Heinrich Kreutz, who studied them in detail. Several Kreutz fragments pass by the sun and disintegrate every day. Most, measuring less than a few meters across, are too small to see, but occasionally a bigger fragment like this one attracts attention.
http://spaceweather.com/

Interesting article CharlieP; here's what stood out..

Quote:The influence of the comet’s electrical field is far more significant than its trivial mass in relation to the Sun. What will occur electrically if the charge plasma or “atmosphere” of the comet penetrates the insulating double layer of the Sun’s plasma sheath? An analogy might be the effect of a pebble from space penetrating into the upper atmosphere of the Earth where the intruder’s plasma trail short circuits the Earth’s electric field to cause a high altitude discharge. The issue has virtually nothing to do with the respective masses of the Earth and the pebble. The disturbing image of the space shuttle Columbia being struck by a discharge that followed its plasma trail through the upper atmosphere also comes to mind.

Laymans Opinion: I think it is one of those 'size matters' things but in relation to the EF as a force multiplier or ripple/chain reaction - possibly dependant on what is happening in the solar cycle. Hopefully warmongers/mad scientists/little green men can't go frakking with the sun now because of it's magnitude or whatever reason.

Maybe I give this two and two together too much credit to this because it was highlighted Freeman Fly page https://www.facebook.com/freeman.fly/posts/10151815924037140 - he's been bang on about some big deal prophecy, close but ill timed on others albeit he's been plenty wrong too. I figure it's worth more than a look see though.
There are no others, there is only us.
http://FastTadpole.com/
08-21-2013, 11:08 PM,
Agree
“The truth, of course, is that a billion falsehoods told a billion times by a billion people are still false.” Travis Walton
08-22-2013, 12:07 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-22-2013, 12:09 AM by thokling.)
(08-21-2013, 11:50 AM)CharliePrime Wrote: I found this article from 2006 which links comets with CME's and contradicts my reasoning...

If this is true, I think All comets should produce a CME if they get within a certain distance.

Thanks for the link. The explanation therein explains why some comets have been struck by CMEs, and disintegrated, while closer to the orbits of the gas giants. There was some sort of electrical connection between the two, creating a short circuit as a conduit which allowed the CME matter to zoom toward and electrically explode the comet, much like how CME matter's been able to reach Earth with unprecendented speeds (typically 375 miles per second or 1,350,000 miles per hour, cosmologists are stunned at speeds of 2 million miles per hour).

I'm an utter novice though when it comes to anything electrical or plasma related, so I would attribute my own reasoning to guesswork. "Prove me wrong so I can learn to be right."

08-22-2013, 12:14 PM,
We should listen to todays James McCanney show. The announcement on his webpage:

Quote:August 20, 2013 ... two items just in ... a comet just approached the sun and triggered a full coronal mass ejection ... we have records of hundreds of these but the officialdom at the naval observatory states "not related" ... are these scientists really that stupid ??? yes they are but remember this is the tier II science pawned off on the public ... another article states that scientists finally have admitted that thunder clouds do not produce enough electricity to create lightning and are now looking to cosmic rays (high energy protons from other stars) to trigger the lightning (sounds like someone has been watching too many flash gordon movies lately) ... only problem is that cosmic rays are not always there when thunder clouds are producing lightning ... another tier II fairy tale science theory dead in the water before it could fly BUT it will get published in the tier II "respectable peer reviewed journals" and waste more precious time while the human race wallows in scientific ignorance ... the real question is that no matter how much "electricity" thunder clouds produce internally ... they would NEVER shoot the lightning outside the cloud ... you need a LOT of stupid highly paid scientists to operate tier II fairy tale science to keep the image of "progress" ... jim mccanney

Last weeks show should also be interesting, especially concerning todays EMP torrent on the tracker:

Quote:August 16, 2013 ... my weekly radio show is now archived on the archive sub-page ... i discuss a concept i developed regarding the electrical workings of the solar system which is essentially a centrifuge that differentiates chemicals in outer space ... i explain this and explain why sulfur dioxide is prevalent around Juptier's orbit and link this to the recent NASA sponsored disinformation piece about "red dust" hitting the planet mars ... i also am beginning to discuss the ramifications of comet ISON this coming september and the effects it will play on the planet mars ... i also discuss the issues of a power grid serge that could come from a solar "kill shot" flare as there is SOOOO much misinformation and misunderstanding about this and i also warn of a potential coming false flag kill shot sponsored by your friendly federal government as a way to take down the power grid and install marshall law and the next step in the new world order under the guise of the international bankers ... i also point out the fact that a real solar kill shot is extremely unlikely during this solar cycle due to the historically low energy of the sun ... learn and listen ... jim mccanney

All past shows available here (todays show probably there tomorrow or saturday):
http://www.jmccsci.com/WeeklyRadioShowArchivesSubPage.HTM
08-22-2013, 03:21 PM,
On this link you can see whether or not the CME's or flares are earth directed.
Looks like earth's going to get blasted around the 24th….
http://iswa.gsfc.nasa.gov/IswaSystemWebApp/iSWACygnetStreamer?timestamp=2038-01-23+00%3A44%3A00&window=-1&cygnetId=261

Anyone else feel like the mainstream has been super hyping up the fear based around an EMP threat or grid failure threat ?? I wouldn't be surprised if we see a false flag of this scenario in the future. They could blame it on anything from the sun, to cyber terrorism hacker people whether homegrown or not. There's already a bunch of recent articles proclaiming the risk of both.

Any of you cats keep essential things inside faraday cages ?? I got 3 pairs of walkie talkies, a 7 inch laptop, a slew of flash drives, an iPod and solar charger, a NOAA weather radio and police scanner and other things packed away in faraday style containment. C'monnnn solar killshot !! Laugh (( Shame on me for saying that, because I'm surrounded by nuclear reactors. Umm ))
08-23-2013, 08:35 AM,
(08-22-2013, 03:21 PM)April Wrote: Any of you cats keep essential things inside faraday cages ?? I got 3 pairs of walkie talkies, a 7 inch laptop, a slew of flash drives, an iPod and solar charger, a NOAA weather radio and police scanner and other things packed away in faraday style containment. C'monnnn solar killshot !! Laugh (( Shame on me for saying that, because I'm surrounded by nuclear reactors. Umm ))

I'm going to stick a pin in your bubble of safety and suggest that, were we to be struck by a CME or other energetic event with enough energy to affect our electrical devices, it's unlikely that power systems (grids, transformers and so forth) would survive the blast. You could keep this stuff protected within an electrically protected environment, but usage of communications equipment would depend upon how many other people have access to communications as well.

Society's recovery from such an event would depend upon whether or not the station had backup replacements (protected as well from extreme electrical surges) and how quickly those replacements, if existent, could replace the damaged components.

Also important are essentials such as canned and cured foods, plenty of water, and heat, plus other basic supplies and sewage processing. Depending upon your location, you may be expected to share your food with more than just you or your family, since people generally don't bother planning ahead for themselves, so either stocking up on more food, growing your own veggies, or acquiring plenty of ammunition to protect your supply would be in order.

I've heard the term "Bronze age" thrown around rather readily in various panicky circles. Hee hee.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Thorough study likely won't put vaccine worries to rest MasterChiefa 1 406 08-27-2011, 10:14 PM
Last Post: icosaface
  BP Chose More Toxic, Less Effective Oil Dispersant — Guess Why … h3rm35 2 561 05-19-2010, 04:15 AM
Last Post: h3rm35
  What Happened to the Swine Flu Pandemic? icosaface 0 433 12-25-2009, 06:17 PM
Last Post: icosaface
  Mutant Form of Cold Virus Worries CDC Experts SerialExpLain 7 911 11-19-2007, 01:18 AM
Last Post: SerialExpLain
  Ummm, What Happened To Sunflower Oil? Cleft_Asunder 24 2,650 06-24-2007, 11:53 AM
Last Post: ephilution