Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Life is tough right now.
08-10-2013, 04:07 AM,
Life is tough right now.
I'll make it. Huh
08-10-2013, 12:54 PM,
RE: Life is tough right now.
Just do the best you can with what you have left and always remember that in this game of life no one makes it out alive.

All you can really do is pass the good forward and enlighten next generation of the bad...
Even if the majority do appear to be idiots.

Best of luck.
[Image: Signature2.gif]
08-10-2013, 09:14 PM,
Same this end, RafterTheOne. Good luck also.
“The truth, of course, is that a billion falsehoods told a billion times by a billion people are still false.” Travis Walton
08-11-2013, 07:21 AM,
Hey rafter. Takes a good person to say such a thing. For what its worth, I love you and I'm sure that's true of the bulk of us humans. Hang in there, friend.
08-11-2013, 11:57 PM,
Yes, you'll make it.

I think lots of us are in the same boat as you, I know I am. You are not alone. In any sense you'd like to take that.

This may sound trite and/or corny, but I view life - an everything in it - as a test. A test of what we are made of, a test of our values, a test of our strength, or our compassion, a test of our will... you name it. Life may be "just a ride", but more importantly, It's A Test.

You can ace it, and come out stronger and wiser for having experienced it.

Hang in there, brother.
08-12-2013, 06:42 AM,
I. Take inventory.

Health (Sleep, Heart, Lungs etc..)
Financial (well .. what you need to meet your needs, time is really the big currency in this realm, spend it wisely)
Social (Family, Friends, Anyone you put your time into)
Moral (Listen to that little calm voice that not the psychopatic one for picking your battles, directing any energy towards

II. Evaluate

* be thankful for what works and fix heal/augment what you can

See what works and what doesn't consider the options, see the opportunities to change for the better. Change what you can, if you can't don't fret about it, maybe it'll pass but accept that it isn't something you can resolve. If something appears difficult - we all need to tackle it the same way - with that first step. You need to take care of yourself before you can take care of anyone else/save the world.

III. Execute a plan.
Follow through. Do your best. Half-assing will get you ~what you put in - dumb luck and manipulation aside.

IV. See what works, see what doesn't
Quantify what you can, live in the present pay attention to how you feel about life for you. Listen. Write a journal.

V. Rinse and repeat on step one (I)

Just a few tidbits .. helps me better to have a ship with a rudder. Let us know how things go whatever you do.

.. and thanks for all the ups RaFTertheONE
There are no others, there is only us.
http://FastTadpole.com/
08-13-2013, 12:13 AM,
I can only go by my own experiences but I've kind of come out of a similar situation of feeling defeated and having a tough time - as documented on other parts of this forum. Although I don't know what you're exactly going through, I'd hazard a guess that it in some way relates to your interests and having difficulty finding/sharing your life with people who share those interests. If that is partially true then I hope you can find some relevance in what I'll say next.

First of all your dedication to truth seeking is admirable and don't let anyone say otherwise. In this world, especially if you find yourself alone more often than not, you have to find your own self-worth and divorce it from any arrogance. That way you'll begin to develop a strong and secure sense of self which will naturally be attractive to like minded people as a lot of people are also seeking that. The conspiracy realm will leave you feeling very nihilistic, cynical and almost misanthropic which are not exactly values other people want to be around. Inject some humour into your world-view, even if that is through irony or sarcasm so that you can still maintain and radiate some warmth towards others especially if you are sharing your worldview. People like George Carlin or Bill Hicks come to mind.

At the same time it might be a good idea to put your research abilities into studying people and yourself. Use this opportunity to gain some valuable self-knowledge which will help you create a more rounded personality capable of eliminating any cognitive dissonances you might feel trying to integrate into an environment that doesn't seem to appreciate what you have to offer. Conspiracy knowledge and truth seeking is good in a kind of geeky, individual/personal development kind of way but it is unfair to expect too many others to share that. They are afterall on a different journey to yourself. Also be wary of any forms of creeping narcissism that might make you unaware of how you come across to others. Any type of knowledge accumulation can lead to a type of cerebral narcissism where you could be dismissive of people and that could be what puts people off you rather than your subject matter.

However don't feel there is anything wrong with you. Life is a constant learning experience. Things rarely stay still, they either get better or worse so keep that in mind with your existing situation. If its tough now, do what you can to improve your situation. To hazard another guess, you may be going through an existential depression which, believe it or not, is actually a good thing. You may be experiencing extreme self doubt but based on your ability to conduct research and your obvious enthusiasm towards the things you're passionate about, they could in fact be signs of giftedness which a dumbed down society always finds difficult to cater. I would strongly encourage you to continue to cultivate those gifts and supplement that with additional knowledge regarding human emotions, psychology and development.

Existential anxiety is what leads us to individuation, fulfilling our potential and eventual rebirth. It is somewhat similar to Nietzcshe's ideas of the overman who transcends conventional ruler or ruled morality and belief systems and becomes their own person and if conspiracy research has taught me anything it is that the biggest conspiracy is on people achieving that state of affairs.

Study these following threads and see if they have any relevance to yourself:

Positive Disintegration

Introspection, Individuation, The Shadow and Emotional Intelligence

Documenting Cultural Narcissism

The Evolutionary Psychology Behind Politics

Especially pertinent is the stuff on positive disintegration. We all begin at level 1 and for further understanding of those levels I'd recommend reading about the themes in the evolutionary psychology thread to understand the biological aspect of level 1 and the narcissism thread to understand the conformity aspect of level 1. You are either going through level 2 or 3 and thats where the themes in the thread on introspection are useful. After that you'll realise that, just like learning about the various hidden themes in the world, you yourself are a mystery waiting to be unravelled and are a unit of development which is what the 4th level is about.

Hope that helps.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do Parasites Control Your Sex Life? Thirtyseven 9 2,493 11-01-2012, 07:38 AM
Last Post: deathstickboy
  "Deprive the average human being of his life-lie,and you rob him of his happiness." drummer 0 609 03-13-2012, 03:53 AM
Last Post: drummer
  Woman jailed for life for attack on MP Stephen Timms TriWooOx 0 569 11-03-2010, 02:14 PM
Last Post: TriWooOx
  Movies that scare for life: Viewers left with fears for years drummer 15 2,750 07-05-2010, 05:24 AM
Last Post: FastTadpole
Shocked mothandrust and The Life Sound FighterFromAfar 1 542 05-30-2010, 02:40 PM
Last Post: FighterFromAfar
  China's Real Life Munchkin Land FastTadpole 2 1,669 01-26-2010, 08:58 AM
Last Post: mastermg
  Prison inmates go Zen to deal with life behind bars. --- 0 380 10-10-2009, 07:21 PM
Last Post: ---
  Woman Tells Of Life Without Record Fingernails Conspiracy_Lad 1 556 09-05-2009, 06:43 PM
Last Post: Weyland
  A day in the life... Guest 18 1,719 07-23-2008, 01:27 PM
Last Post: TriWooOx
  Weirdo conspiracy connection from my personal life stanteau 8 1,063 07-17-2008, 03:20 PM
Last Post: Cycle of Eternity