Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Quote me thy Anti-heroes !
10-10-2009, 07:47 PM,
:)
need more explanation ?
i couldn't locate the qoutes and sayings thread.. decided it was well old by now,
and so in the spirit of rejuvenation , this will be the all new :
"quote whomever you still trust and says truthful or entertaining stuff from time to time-thread"/

get busy, i refuse to set the wrong examples/

peace'
If Thine I that I spy with my own little I Doeth Offend thee ; Pluck It out.

10-10-2009, 08:26 PM,
Quote:Quote me thy Anti-heroes !

Quote:"What would your good be doing if there were no evil, and what would the earth look like if shadows disappeared from it? After all, shadows are cast by objects and people. There is the shadow of my sword. But there are also shadows of trees and living creatures. Would you like to denude the earth of all the trees and all the living beings in order to satisfy your fantasy of rejoicing in the naked light? You are a fool."
10-10-2009, 09:38 PM,
The only people I still trust are the old time philosophers.

Quote:Knowledge is understanding that a tomato is a fruit.
Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Quote:. . . [E]xistence is the cause and reason of our knowledge, while eternal knowledge is the cause and reason of existence.
[Image: Palestinian_Dawn_by_Palestinian_Pride.jpg]
10-11-2009, 12:12 AM,
Quote:The only people I still trust are the old time philosophers.

Quote:. . . [E]xistence is the cause and reason of our knowledge, while eternal knowledge is the cause and reason of existence.

Do you 'trust' these Anti-heroes you quote?
10-11-2009, 01:12 AM,
Quote:

I didn't know anti-hero meant fiction. :P
10-11-2009, 01:39 AM,
Quote:
Quote:

I didn't know anti-hero meant fiction. :P

it doesn't:P:P
10-11-2009, 01:54 AM,
Yeah im lost haha
10-11-2009, 02:01 AM,
Quote:Yeah im lost haha

The anti-hero I quoted was the Devil from Bulgakov's "Master and Margarita" equating evil as the necessary shadow of things and decidely against 'light' blinding out the shadows..not quite luciferian all in all ..ergo my own attempt at quoting a classic anti heroic statement :)

10-11-2009, 02:05 AM,
Oh I get it. So a conspiracy researcher, for example, could be considered an anti-hero, and the person's quote would make it on here?
10-11-2009, 02:14 AM,
Quote:Oh I get it. So a conspiracy researcher, for example, could be considered an anti-hero, and the person's quote would make it on here?

Totally depends on who one defines as anti-heroes, I imagine ;)

edit) Yes, I think that's what he meant. I misunderstood 'anti hero' in the context. You were right:)
10-11-2009, 07:59 AM,
Quote::)
need more explanation ?
i couldn't locate the qoutes and sayings thread.. decided it was well old by now,
and so in the spirit of rejuvenation , this will be the all new :
"quote whomever you still trust and says truthful or entertaining stuff from time to time-thread"/

get busy, <span style="color:#FF0000">i refuse to set the wrong examples/

peace'

hmm, I think I did that.. Got the wrong end of the stick *goes to look through Icke's melbourne talkfest*
10-12-2009, 07:12 AM,
Poking me with a stick Nik?:P:LOL:just kidding. Sorry we messed up your thread Standvast.
10-12-2009, 09:25 AM,
Quote:It's funny. All you have to do is say something nobody understands and they'll do practically anything you want them to. - 'Holden Caulfield'. Catcher in the Rye.
10-12-2009, 09:34 AM,
The highest purpose is to have no purpose at all. This puts one in accord with nature, in her manner of operation.
- John Cage
Wyrd bi∂ ful aræd : Vituð ér enn eða hvat?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[Image: madwolfoy0.jpg][Image: sharksmall1kd6.jpg][Image: bearkodiakchugachfe7.jpg]
10-12-2009, 10:05 AM,
Quote:“The de facto censorship which leaves so many Americans functionally illiterate about the history of US foreign affairs may be all the more effective because it is not official, heavy-handed or conspiratorial, but woven artlessly into the fabric of education and media.”

Quote:If monopoly persists, monopoly will always sit at the helm of government. I do not expect monopoly to restrain itself. If there are men in this country big enough to own the government of the United States, they are going to own it.

Quote:I am a most unhappy man. I have unwittingly ruined my country. A great industrial nation is controlled by its system of credit. Our system of credit is concentrated. The growth of the nation, therefore, and all our activities are in the hands of a few men. We have come to be one of the worst ruled, one of the most completely controlled and dominated governments in the civilized world. No longer a government by free opinion, no longer a government by conviction and the vote of the majority, but a government by the opinion and duress of a small group of dominant men.

Quote:A great industrial nation is controlled by its system of credit. Our system of credit is privately concentrated. The growth of the nation, therefore, and all our activities are in the hands of a few men who, even if their action be honest and intended for the public interest, are necessarily concentrated upon the great undertakings in which their own money is involved and who necessarily, by very reason of their own limitations, chill and check and destroy genuine economic freedom.

Quote:Since I entered politics, I have chiefly had men's views confided to me privately. Some of the biggest men in the U.S., in the field of commerce and manufacturing, are afraid of somebody, are afraid of something. They know that there is a power somewhere so organized, so subtle, so watchful, so interlocked, so complete, so pervasive, that they had better not speak above their breath when they speak in condemnation of it.

Quote:"We can have democracy in this country or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."

Quote:"The idea that you can merchandise candidates for high office like breakfast cereal — that you can gather votes like box tops — is, I think, the ultimate indignity to the democratic process."
&We grow to recognize form. We grow to label that form. In doing so, do we become more intelligent? Do we become more awakened?& - Siji Tzu 四季子

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  California man faces 13 years in jail for scribbling anti-bank messages in chalk mexika 5 890 07-07-2013, 08:23 PM
Last Post: txqueuelen
  Man booted from airplane for wearing anti-TSA shirt zoverload 2 669 07-07-2013, 07:31 PM
Last Post: txqueuelen
Video Anti NWO Themed Haunted House in NYC depicting dollar collapse in 2014 pursuitofliberty 0 703 07-02-2011, 03:51 PM
Last Post: pursuitofliberty