Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Michael Hastings Car Crash Conspiracy
06-20-2013, 04:35 PM,
Bug  Michael Hastings Car Crash Conspiracy
This guy had a history of alcohol abuse. At 4:30am he crashes into a tree in LA. Seems plausible.

Aspects that smell to me:

* Mercedes are tough cars. In order to eject the engine fifty feet, he would need to be going really, really fast. Look at the Google street view of Highland and Melrose. Can that Mercedes acheive the necessary speed on that road at 4:30am? Probably. Maybe not.

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=North+Highland+Avenue+at+Melrose+Avenue,+los+angeles&hl=en&ll=34.083426,-118.338655&spn=0.003996,0.005681&sll=34.084072,-118.337939&sspn=0.011303,0.022724&t=h&hnear=N+Highland+Ave+%26+Melrose+Ave,+Los+Angeles,+California&z=18&layer=c&cbll=34.083426,-118.338655&panoid=4hfVNDNdITRAmwsJ7FDBhA&cbp=12,139.97,,0,-0.85

* Witness said "It sounded like a bomb going off".

* Cars catching fire when they crash is actually very rare statistically.

Anybody know what kind of Mercedes this is ?

Photo: http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-melrose-collision-20130618,0,7080273.story
06-20-2013, 06:12 PM,
RE: Michael Hastings Car Crash Conspiracy
..and he was alleged to have twittered hours before that he was under investigation by the FBI?
“The truth, of course, is that a billion falsehoods told a billion times by a billion people are still false.” Travis Walton
06-20-2013, 09:19 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-20-2013, 09:30 PM by JFK.)
lol Damn, CharliePrime, you beat me to it with the street view.

Does someone wanna translate word for word what the witness in this video is saying ?

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=melrose+Avenue,+Los+Angeles,+CA&hl=en&ll=34.082332,-118.338527&spn=0.000483,0.000646&sll=34.00404,-118.475994&sspn=0.005425,0.010332&t=h&hnear=Melrose+Ave,+Los+Angeles,+California&z=21&layer=c&cbll=34.082421,-118.338527&panoid=lO3t-E3aiOuTFeMCAbghJA&cbp=12,313.58,,0,10.97

Or perhaps we should just call Madam Mazale, She is psychic after all.
[Image: Signature2.gif]
06-20-2013, 09:36 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-21-2013, 12:09 AM by mexika.)
maybe he had a super jet engine inside the car or he probably had a nitro setup in the back that exploded when he wanted to convert the car to speed-racer. or maybe it was just a remote detonated gear planted by yours truly, those that claim to protect the nation, while they are the 'true' Ts... and of course he throw out the beer bottle before impact. Who was he running from in the early morning hours. Most places that sell liquor are closed around that time, but certainly drones are up in the sky, hopefully not armed with missile launchers...Nice and Clean. Drone, what drone?

But according to the comrade, the car was already on fire before hitting the palm tree. supposedly it was going at high speeds, but the car was already on fire and that there were loud sounds before impact. One lady testified " there was a loud sound, like a bomb, my windows rattle, my house shook".

FBI Director Admits Drone Surveillance
http://concen.org/forum/thread-49720.html

Micheal Hastings Last Article:

=== The attitude the Obama administration has toward Manning is revealing. What do they think of him? “Fuck Bradely Manning,” as one White House official put it to me last year during the campaign. ====

Screw Manning? Lol, screw us.

Why the Democrats like to spy on so called Americans:
http://concen.org/forum/thread-49721-post-260821.html#pid260821
Unite The Many, defeat the few.

Revolution is for the love of your people, culture, knowledge, wisdom, spirit, and peace. Not Greed!
Soul Rebel Native Son

http://video.google.ca/videoplay?docid=277...enous&hl=en
06-21-2013, 05:55 AM,
Update: The L.A. Times reports that Hastings, prior to his death, "was researching a story about a privacy lawsuit brought by the Florida socialite Jill Kelley against the Department of Defense and the FBI." The paper also notes, "Since Hastings's death early Tuesday, wild conspiracy theories have bloomed on the Internet implying that he was murdered by powerful forces wanting to silence him."

Michael Hastings Crash, the Rumors Begin

By Joe Coscarelli, New York Magazine

20 June 13

he death of reporter Michael Hastings, best remembered for taking on General Stanley McChrystal and other powerful people, has been met with shock and grief in the journalistic community, especially from those fortunate enough to work alongside him. But one layer below the fond remembrances are a host of vague questions and inferences about the circumstances surrounding the 33-year-old BuzzFeed reporter's fiery solo car crash early Tuesday in Los Angeles. Bringing those suspicions to the forefront last night was WikiLeaks, never reticent to insert itself into a story, which teased, "Michael Hastings death has a very serious non-public complication. We will have more details later." And after three hours tweeted: "Michael Hastings contacted WikiLeaks lawyer Jennifer Robinson just a few hours before he died, saying that the FBI was investigating him."

"Yeah," BuzzFeed editor Ben Smith confirmed to Daily Intelligencer. "Before his death, Michael told a number of his friends and colleagues that he was concerned that he was under investigation."

But other, less reputable sources have taken the speculation much further. "Vince Foster-like murder plot emerging in Los Angeles? Did the Obama administration knock off a star reporter?" asked one blog early on Wednesday, adding to existing conspiratorial Twitter chatter. Another wrote, "Admit it, Michael Hastings' Death is Weird and Scary." Hours before revelations about a potential FBI investigation, InfoWars, the Alex Jones website that serves as a catch-all conspiracy-theory clearing house, mentioned Hastings's death with an editor's note: "Journalists who mess with government and military power often die under mysterious circumstances." None had more than conjecture.

The circumstances are these: "Police said a vehicle was southbound on Highland about 4:20 a.m. when it lost control south of Melrose and smashed into a tree," the L.A. Times reported. Video purports to show Hastings's Mercedes-Benz running a red light at a high speed minutes before the crash. "It sounded like a bomb went off in the middle of the night," a witness told the local news. "I couldn't have written a scene like this for a movie, where the engine flies from the car." Photos and video from the aftermath show extreme wreckage, and as of yesterday, the coroner had not officially identified the body because it was too badly burned.

But an automotive writer also fed the doubters:

I'm here to state that I've seen dozens of cars hit walls and stuff at high speeds and the number of them that I have observed to eject their powertrains and immediately catch massive fire is, um, ah, zero. Modern cars are very good at not catching fire in accidents. The Mercedes-Benz C-Class, which is an evolutionary design from a company known for sweating the safety details over and above the Euro NCAP requirements, should be leading the pack in the not-catching-on-fire category. Nor is the C-Class known for sudden veering out of control into trees and whatnot.

The crash is under investigation and there will be an official accident report (a toxicology report could take weeks). Whatever its findings, they can likely coexist with Hastings's mind-set at the time and a potential government investigation without representing something more sinister.

"He was incredibly tense and very worried and was concerned that the government was looking in on his material," said Hastings's friend and Current TV host Cenk Uygur. "I don't know what his state of mind was at 4:30 in the morning, but I do know what his state of mind was in general, and it was a nervous wreck." But Mother Jones editor Clara Jeffery put it plainly: "Ugh, the people posting Vince Foster style comments re Hastings death do a disservice to his no BS truth telling." Let's wait for the facts.

Update: The L.A. Times reports that Hastings, prior to his death, "was researching a story about a privacy lawsuit brought by the Florida socialite Jill Kelley against the Department of Defense and the FBI." The paper also notes, "Since Hastings's death early Tuesday, wild conspiracy theories have bloomed on the Internet implying that he was murdered by powerful forces wanting to silence him."

http://readersupportednews.org/opinion2/276-74/18025-michael-hastings-crash-the-rumors-begin

Revolution is for the love of your people, culture, knowledge, wisdom, spirit, and peace. Not Greed!
Soul Rebel Native Son

06-22-2013, 05:00 AM,
Evidence Indicates Michael Hastings Was Assassinated

in Breaking News 1 day ago

Rolling Stone journalist made enemies in FBI, CIA

Paul Joseph Watson
Infowars.com
June 20, 2013

The revelation that Rolling Stone journalist Michael Hastings was working on a story about the CIA before his death and had contacted a Wikileaks lawyer about being under investigation by the FBI hours before his car exploded into flames has bolstered increasingly valid claims that the 33-year-old was assassinated.

Hastings died early Tuesday morning in Hollywood when his car allegedly hit a tree at high speed. The Los Angeles Coroner’s office has not yet been able to officially identify the body as Hastings because it is so badly burned.

Skeptics of the official narrative have highlighted eyewitness accounts which state that Hastings’ Mercedes “exploded”.

Images of the vehicle appear to show more damage to the rear, around the area of the fuel tank, than the front, leading to speculation that a car bomb which ignited the fuel could have been responsible for the incident.

“No matter how you slice this particular pie, a Mercedes is not just going to explode into flames without a little assistance,” writes freelance journalist Jim Stone. “Car fires in new cars happen for three main reasons — running the engine out of oil, or running the engine out of coolant, or after an absolutely huge car mangling accident, having the hot side of the battery short out against the frame before it reaches the fuse panel. And for all 3 of those normal reasons, which account for virtually all car fires in modern cars, the fire would have started in the engine compartment, progressed slowly, and scorched the hell out of the paint before ever reaching the gas tank. That clean paint is the be all tell all, Michael Hastings was murdered, and the rest is detail.”

Stone also questions why a white sheet has been draped over the vehicle in the image below.

The questions surrounding the precise nature of the “accident” that killed Hastings are given more weight by the fact that the journalist had made enemies within both the FBI and the CIA.

“Michael Hastings contacted WikiLeaks lawyer Jennifer Robinson just a few hours before he died, saying that the FBI was investigating him,” the official Wikileaks Twitter account announced yesterday.

Hastings “had the Central Intelligence Agency in his sights” and was set to release an article exposing the agency, according to L.A. Weekly.

The Obama administration and the Justice Department have openly claimed the authority to assassinate American citizens anywhere in the world if they are deemed a national security threat. A number of American citizens have already been killed as a result of this policy. Is it really that crazy to suggest that Michael Hastings was merely the latest victim of this doctrine?

The New York Daily News highlights the fact that Hastings had received multiple death threats before his demise.

Following his role in bringing down Gen. Stanley A. McChrystal, Hastings was told by a McChrystal staffer, “We’ll hunt you down and kill you if we don’t like what you write.”

“Whenever I’d been reporting around groups of dudes whose job it was to kill people, one of them would usually mention that they were going to kill me,” said Hastings.

Hastings was renowned for being “only interested in writing stories someone didn’t want him to write — often his subjects,” according to Buzzflash editor Ben Smith, adding, “He knew that there are certain truths that nobody has an interest in speaking, ones that will make you both your subjects and their enemies uncomfortable. They’re stories that don’t get told because nobody in power has much of an interest in telling them.”

The fact that Hastings had made a plethora of enemies as a result of his hard-hitting investigative journalism has prompted a deluge of online comment speculating that the writer’s “car crash” was no accident.

“Hastings’ wreck might make sense on the freeway, but I doubt he’d be dumb enough to go 100 mph on Highland. He’s not some dumb college kid,” said one commenter on a local news site.

“A warning to other journalists to not dig too deep,” another Reddit user wrote. “Stick with the party line if you want a long, happy life.”

If this was an isolated incident then there wouldn’t be so many questions swirling about Hastings’ death. However, he’s certainly not the first individual to go up against the military-industrial complex and wind up in a coffin.

Other journalists who have proven to be a thorn in the side of the establishment have met the same fate, from Andrew Breitbart who was about to release damaging pre-election information about Barack Obama before he collapsed and died in strange circumstances, to Gary Webb, the Pullitzer prize-winning author who exposed the CIA’s involvement in the drug trade and subsequently committed “suicide” after apparently shooting himself in the head – twice.

More recently, Ibragim Todashev, friend of accused Boston bomber Tamerlan Tsarnev, was shot in the head six times by the FBI, who initially claimed Todashev was armed but later had to admit this was a lie. Speculation has raged that Todashev was assassinated because he had knowledge about the Boston bombings which the feds didn’t want to see the light of public scrutiny.

Despite his actions, the murder of Christopher Dorner, who was burned to death by LAPD officers while hiding inside a cabin, shows that authorities will not hesitate to resort to such methods.

It’s virtually inevitable that the true cause of Michael Hastings death will never be known and that the mainstream media will demonize anyone who questions the official narrative as a conspiracy theorist. Meanwhile, journalists and others who pose a threat to the military-industrial complex will continue to die in bizarre “accidents” that stink of foul play.

Paul Joseph Watson is the editor and writer for Infowars.com and Prison Planet.com. He is the author of Order Out Of Chaos. Watson is also a host for Infowars Nightly News.

Soul Rebel Native Son

06-23-2013, 01:21 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-23-2013, 01:21 AM by mexika.)
An LAPD officer investigates the scene of a fiery crash that killed journalist Michael Hastings. Hastings died when his vehicle crashed into a tree and caught fire in the Hancock Park area of Los Angeles. (Al Seib / Los Angeles Times / June 18, 2013)
By Andrew Blankstein and Brian Bennett, Los Angeles Times

June 20, 2013, 10:09 p.m.

The FBI said Thursday that journalist Michael Hastings, who died in an auto crash this week, was never under investigation by the agency.

The bureau responded in a statement: "At no time was journalist Michael Hastings ever under investigation by the FBI."

The FBI's statement comes as officials with the Los Angeles Police Department said there appears to be no foul play in the one-vehicle accident that killed the 33-year-old early Tuesday morning in Los Angeles.

Officials still are trying to determine if the car had a mechanical problem, if Hastings may have had a medical condition or if he consumed substances that could have impaired his driving. The sources spoke on the condition of anonymity.

Video of the accident scene showed the car engulfed in flames. Law enforcement sources said that the car appeared to be going at a high rate of speed but emphasized that the investigation was ongoing.

During the weeks before he was killed in a car crash, Hastings was researching a story about a privacy lawsuit brought by Florida socialite Jill Kelley against the Department of Defense and the FBI.

Hastings was scheduled to meet with a representative of Kelley next week in Los Angeles to discuss the case, according to a person close to Kelley.

Kelley alleges that military officials and the FBI leaked her name to the media to discredit her after she reported receiving a stream of emails that were traced to Paula Broadwell, a biographer of former CIA director David H. Petraeus, according to a lawsuit filed in U.S. District Court in Washington, D.C., on June 3.

Petraeus resigned from the CIA after publicly admitting that he and Broadwell had had an extramarital affair.

Hastings was best known for a 2010 Rolling Stone profile that led to the resignation of Army Gen. Stanley McChrystal. Hastings was a contributing editor at the magazine.

At the time the article was published, McChrystal commanded all U.S. and NATO forces in Afghanistan. In the piece, he voiced open contempt for President Obama and administration policies. Soon after, McChrystal met with the president and tendered his resignation.

Hastings started writing for BuzzFeed, a news and entertainment website, and joined the organization's Los Angeles bureau after it opened in October.

andrew.blankstein@latimes.com

brian.bennett@latimes.com

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-0621-michael-hastings-20130621,0,5245112.story

Soul Rebel Native Son

06-23-2013, 04:52 AM,
We need Mythbuster Grant Imahara to rig a similar car with radio control and crash it into a palm tree to see if a cars normally produce multiple explosions like this one did.

Apparently these Mercedes are little more than rolling firework displays waiting for a bump in the road.
06-28-2013, 03:28 AM,
I was skeptical that this was a hit. Now I'm not.

I read good speculation that a car's OBD-II system can be hacked via bluetooth from a passenger's cell phone.
06-28-2013, 03:41 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-28-2013, 03:49 AM by JFK.)
(06-28-2013, 03:28 AM)CharliePrime Wrote: I was skeptical that this was a hit. Now I'm not.

I read good speculation that a car's OBD-II system can be hacked via bluetooth from a passenger's cell phone.

About a decade and a half ago when I was still "turning wrenches" I bought a $3000.00 Master Tech computer from MAC tools.
The first time I "played" with it I was both impressed and unnerved.
One of the tests was the CO2 sensor and for that test it revved the engine to 5K RPM for 30 seconds to "warm up" that CO2 sensor for subsequent testing.
At the time I thought to myself that it was a good thing that this vehicle was in neutral when i hit that button.

I would expect that technology and interface to have improved a lot since then.

(06-23-2013, 04:52 AM)CharliePrime Wrote: We need Mythbuster Grant Imahara to rig a similar car with radio control and crash it into a palm tree to see if a cars normally produce multiple explosions like this one did.

Apparently these Mercedes are little more than rolling firework displays waiting for a bump in the road.

Bolding by me.

That is a very good point. I can see the fire from the engine compartment, and the "poof" when the tank got touched off, BUT how did all that fire in the interior happen so quickly ?
Was he smoking with a 5 gallon pail of racing fuel in the passenger seat before impact ?
06-28-2013, 12:45 PM,
(06-28-2013, 03:41 AM)JFK Wrote: Was he smoking with a 5 gallon pail of racing fuel in the passenger seat before impact ?

LOL.

I know what you mean about the OBDII. Last month I bought a scanner that plugs into my laptop's USB port. This one: http://www.scantool.net/obdlink-sx.html I was also surprised at the number of parameters that can be controlled, and that's on an old car.
06-28-2013, 02:23 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-28-2013, 04:05 PM by JFK.)
Picture a drone with WiFi capability and one of THESE hardwired and hidden in the dash.

Edit to add - UNDERSTANDING_OBD.pdf A brief yet informative two page description of the OBD-II interface.

Another edit to add - Experimental Security Analysis of a Modern Automobile- a 16 page paper published in 2010.
Quote:Abstract—Modern automobiles are no longer mere mechanical
devices; they are pervasively monitored and controlled by
dozens of digital computers coordinated via internal vehicular
networks. While this transformation has driven major advancements
in efficiency and safety, it has also introduced a range of
new potential risks. In this paper we experimentally evaluate
these issues on a modern automobile and demonstrate the
fragility of the underlying system structure. We demonstrate
that an attacker who is able to infiltrate virtually any Electronic
Control Unit (ECU) can leverage this ability to completely
circumvent a broad array of safety-critical systems. Over a
range of experiments, both in the lab and in road tests, we
demonstrate the ability to adversarially control a wide range
of automotive functions and completely ignore driver input—
including disabling the brakes, selectively braking individual
wheels on demand
, stopping the engine, and so on. We find
that it is possible to bypass rudimentary network security
protections within the car, such as maliciously bridging between
our car’s two internal subnets. We also present composite
attacks that leverage individual weaknesses, including an attack
that embeds malicious code in a car’s telematics unit and
that will completely erase any evidence of its presence after a
crash. Looking forward, we discuss the complex challenges in
addressing these vulnerabilities while considering the existing
automotive ecosystem.
06-28-2013, 04:07 PM,
Here are some Bluetooth hacking tools: http://trifinite.org/trifinite_stuff.html
06-29-2013, 02:35 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-29-2013, 02:39 AM by JFK.)
Here is another paper from 2011, Comprehensive Experimental Analyses of Automotive Attack Surfaces
Quote:Abstract
Modern automobiles are pervasively computerized, and
hence potentially vulnerable to attack. However, while
previous research has shown that the internal networks
within some modern cars are insecure, the associated
threat model—requiring prior physical access—has
justifiably been viewed as unrealistic. Thus, it remains an
open question if automobiles can also be susceptible to
remote compromise. Our work seeks to put this question
to rest by systematically analyzing the external attack
surface of a modern automobile. We discover that remote
exploitation is feasible via a broad range of attack vectors
(including mechanics tools, CD players, Bluetooth and
cellular radio), and further, that wireless communications
channels allow long distance vehicle control, location
tracking, in-cabin audio exfiltration and theft. Finally, we
discuss the structural characteristics of the automotive
ecosystem that give rise to such problems and highlight
the practical challenges in mitigating them.
06-29-2013, 09:08 AM,
Lets just go back to a freaking bicycle or roller skates with turbo....

Soul Rebel Native Son

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Malaysian Plane Crash - The AIDS Storyline Watchdog 2 350 07-23-2014, 05:50 AM
Last Post: 4cc
Exclamation Michael Shermer tries to ban David Cole's book capnchronic 3 399 06-13-2014, 11:39 AM
Last Post: SirBustaBear
Tongue Agenda 21 is a Right-Wing Conspiracy Theory CharliePrime 2 352 04-22-2014, 02:45 PM
Last Post: CharliePrime
Video The Ultimate Conspiracy Theory Propaganda drummer 2 370 12-25-2013, 05:04 AM
Last Post: darrel15
  Tim Tate on the making of the Franklin Scandal documentary Conspiracy of Silence geogaddi00 0 315 12-04-2013, 11:17 AM
Last Post: geogaddi00
  Are conspiracy theories destroying democracy? (New BBC hit piece) drummer 4 449 10-29-2013, 12:06 PM
Last Post: thokling
  "The Conspiracy" Trailer capnchronic 4 554 08-10-2013, 12:31 AM
Last Post: JFK
  9/11 Was Government Demolition - Richard Gage Anthony J Hilder @ Conspiracy Con datars 0 542 07-20-2013, 11:41 PM
Last Post: datars
Thumbs Down Conspiracy Theory about the Boston Amputee CharliePrime 4 776 05-15-2013, 09:46 PM
  social engineering study seeks to 'inoculate' the public against conspiracy theories operatorkos 1 601 02-03-2013, 02:54 PM