No
Who Cares?
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Please bring back Tracker Comments - POLL
05-19-2013, 05:27 PM,
Please bring back Tracker Comments - POLL
Dont get me wrong, I like the forum layout - lots of good topics.

Comments directly under the files description helps greatly in determining/discussing the content/quality of said torrents. Trust me, I was around during the whole 'debacle' with yeti and the select few that 'pissed him off' with comments....with comments.

I know I am not the only one who passes up leaving a comment or even passes up an entire torrent because there are generally NO comments int the forum on content that there would normally be great info/debate.

Lets put that childs-play to bed and bring back the comments already!

Leave the forum to be a FORUM
05-19-2013, 06:53 PM,
RE: Please bring back Tracker Comments - POLL
We have always had torrent comments they are far better in the forum; from an administrative, interactive, adjoining and serviceability and searchability standpoints.

Quote:@ALL, what someone can say has NOT changed, where they say it has simply been relocated to a much more appropriate area, hence, the forum. Now conversations about torrents won't die, and can continue with ease. You can subscribe to threads (and even have email alerts for this feature if wanted). ALL threads are searchable, including all subsequent posts in reply. There is a user rating system [thanks], more options, ease of navigation and many more reasons that this is a better place for comments.
~Dunamis http://concen.org/forum/thread-35672-post-201985.html#pid201985

Also search on the tracker (torrenttrader) was broken and heavy and does not search descriptions, moving it back to the tracker would cripple this feature.

A definitive NO on my behalf. This was already discussed to death though so this thread/poll is redundant but sure feel free speak your mind, it just isn't likely to change anything.

As for poorly packaged releases on the tracker. Consider this advice: http://concen.org/forum/thread-2307.html
There are no others, there is only us.
http://FastTadpole.com/
06-08-2013, 02:25 AM,
Don't be such a fucking tool dude. Why have a LINK TO COMMENTS??? This site has gone to shit over the last 6 years thanks to Yeti and the dumb shit fuckin mods...
06-08-2013, 02:48 PM,
I've become accustomed to the system. It's not entirely seamless, but I'm tired of squinting my eyes looking for them seams. The comment thread has a link to the tracker download, and the tracker download has a link to the forum comment.

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it." It would likely take quite a bit of coding to get the two systems working together, a task few would look forward to undertaking. I'm speaking as a Web/SQL developer.
Truth appears in many forms. Find those that resonate with you.

- "If we do not believe in freedom of speech for those we despise, we do not believe in it at all." - Noam Chomsky
- "Humans are not a rational animal, but a rationalizing one." - Leon Festinger

http://avaaz.org - The World In Action
06-09-2013, 11:47 AM,
(06-08-2013, 02:25 AM)theUser Wrote: Don't be such a fucking tool dude. Why have a LINK TO COMMENTS??? This site has gone to shit over the last 6 years thanks to Yeti and the dumb shit fuckin mods...

If you don't like it, you know where the door is. Wink
[Image: Signature2.gif]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tracker link to Forum is wrong temp9 3 398 01-13-2014, 08:05 PM
Last Post: thokling
  Problem with tracker sekular 9 784 09-24-2013, 03:56 PM
Last Post: April
  Tracker problems today? temp9 5 1,538 11-05-2012, 11:19 PM
Last Post: FastTadpole
  Tracker poll - what was the conclusion? Swordfish 1 591 06-27-2012, 09:21 PM
Last Post: yeti