Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Personal Opinions on "Higher Power"
01-31-2013, 01:37 PM,
Information  Personal Opinions on "Higher Power"
Just thought I'd make a thread where everyone can express their personal opinion on God or Satan or whatever toots their flute for lack of better term.

In my opinion,

Every single person has a God given purpose. If we didn't have one why would we all be here?
To explain this I like using a metaphor. Take the cells of our body and expand it to a larger scale. Think of all life being cells that make up the Earth like how our cells make us up. There are too many similarties to being is dismiss the fact.
Take away vegetation and all life dies. Take a humans heart and they die.
Take away animals and the Earth is a vegetable. Take away brain activity and people become vegetables.
Life dies, and regenerates. Our cells die and regenerate.

God is the mind of all life. If we are not doing what God wants us to be doing we become hazardous to our own life, life around us and the Earth.

Alone we are nothing, united nothing can stand in our way.

I also believe that it this can be taken into larger scales such as solar systems to galaxies to the universe!!
Alone we are nothing. United nothing can stand in our way
01-31-2013, 06:20 PM,
RE: Personal Opinions on "Higher Power"

Paix, Amour et Lumiere
01-31-2013, 09:25 PM,
Just wanted to start of by saying that I respect the opinion.

The thing is people cause wars, people let others starve and people create all the tears that you feel need to be taken away by God.

Think about this from God's perspective. If you were him, would you give life free will and watch your creation grow by itself or would you make some puppet show that you pull all of the strings. Personally I would choose to give others free will even just for entertainments sake.

God speaks to all life and he loves us all. To better understand this you must also know the true meaning of love which to care about someones well being.

God cannot take everyones pain away simply because he cannot, and would not want to control our minds that defeats the purpose of free will.

If everyone believed in God and followed his will there would be no tears of suffering only joy.

Making people dismiss God BIGGEST CONSPIRACY EVER!
01-31-2013, 10:33 PM,
(01-31-2013, 09:25 PM)Son_of_FT Wrote: Just wanted to start of by saying that I respect the opinion.

The thing is people cause wars, people let others starve and people create all the tears that you feel need to be taken away by God.

Think about this from God's perspective. If you were him, would you give life free will and watch your creation grow by itself or would you make some puppet show that you pull all of the strings. Personally I would choose to give others free will even just for entertainments sake.

God speaks to all life and he loves us all. To better understand this you must also know the true meaning of love which to care about someones well being.

God cannot take everyones pain away simply because he cannot, and would not want to control our minds that defeats the purpose of free will.

If everyone believed in God and followed his will there would be no tears of suffering only joy.
[...]

I don't think anyone could even begin to guess what a god could think or what the motivations for his actions could be. Who knows, maybe the term "action" is not even appropriate since it speaks of intention.

(01-31-2013, 09:25 PM)Son_of_FT Wrote: [...]
Making people dismiss God BIGGEST CONSPIRACY EVER!

You mean the Abrahamic version?
01-31-2013, 11:55 PM,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emanationism ?

"If everyone believed in God and followed his will there would be no tears of suffering only joy. "

I could never get my head round these sentiments..the "will of God" stuff. it just doesn't sit right with me..worries me...the Talibam used the same rhetorics when chopping off womens' heads in Kabul stadium.
“The truth, of course, is that a billion falsehoods told a billion times by a billion people are still false.” Travis Walton
02-01-2013, 12:06 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-01-2013, 12:10 AM by Son_of_FT.)
(01-31-2013, 11:55 PM)Frank2 Wrote: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emanationism ?

"If everyone believed in God and followed his will there would be no tears of suffering only joy. "

I could never get my head round these sentiments..the "will of God" stuff. it just doesn't sit right with me..worries me...the Talibam used the same rhetorics when chopping off womens' heads in Kabul stadium.

That's not people doing God will that's justifing heinous actions in the name of something that loves all life unconditionally. There is no such thing as killing in the name of God.
02-01-2013, 12:14 AM,
(02-01-2013, 12:06 AM)Son_of_FT Wrote: That's not people doing God will that's justifing heinous actions in the name of something that loves all life unconditionally. There is no such thing as killing in the name of God.

Ever hear of the Crusades?
The Inquisition?
Jihad?

Keep reading, keep asking questions and keep your mind open to overcome the arrogance of youth, young one.
“Today’s scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after
equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality. ” -Nikola Tesla

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." -Jimi Hendrix
02-01-2013, 12:51 AM,
Saying God made everything doesn't solve the problem. Who made God??? And if you are saying that God always existed then you are saying that s/he does not require a beginning. So a being with no cycle of existence invents, out of nothing, beings that have a cycle of existence. If all there was was God, God would not be aware of anything that was not God because there would be nothing that was not god.

On the other hand, maybe all their is is god. Maybe we are God's brains. After all, when all the events in existence are added together the sum is one. So maybe One is the largest aggregate number and one is the smallest number as well .

So if we are a part of god then we are doing god's will. My finger is a part of me and I don't say, " lookee here my finger is acting of its own accord". Some say "if thine eye offend thee then pluck it out". I say change what you are looking at.
An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it.
Mohandas Gandhi

Each of us is put here in this time and this place to personally decide the future of humankind.
Did you think you were put here for something less?
Chief Arvol Looking Horse
02-01-2013, 01:40 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-01-2013, 01:52 AM by Son_of_FT.)
(02-01-2013, 12:14 AM)Easy Skanking Wrote:
(02-01-2013, 12:06 AM)Son_of_FT Wrote: That's not people doing God will that's justifing heinous actions in the name of something that loves all life unconditionally. There is no such thing as killing in the name of God.

Ever hear of the Crusades?
The Inquisition?
Jihad?

Keep reading, keep asking questions and keep your mind open to overcome the arrogance of youth, young one.

Sorry I phrased that wrong people can say they are killing in God's will, but it is in fact not his will and there are always selfish reasons behind the actions. I feel that it's pretty blatently obvious that you aren't doing it for God when self intertest is involved.

(02-01-2013, 12:51 AM)icosaface Wrote: Saying God made everything doesn't solve the problem. Who made God??? And if you are saying that God always existed then you are saying that s/he does not require a beginning. So a being with no cycle of existence invents, out of nothing, beings that have a cycle of existence. If all there was was God, God would not be aware of anything that was not God because there would be nothing that was not god.

On the other hand, maybe all their is is god. Maybe we are God's brains. After all, when all the events in existence are added together the sum is one. So maybe One is the largest aggregate number and one is the smallest number as well .

I never said that saying he created everything was the answer. I am saying that he knows the answer though and that everyone has the ability to tap into that all knowing power. That is the answer.

Just think about it. Everyone in the world working for one entity that loves all living things. I can't imagine anything greater can you? Alone we are nothing, together nothing can stand in our way.

Quote:So if we are a part of god then we are doing god's will. My finger is a part of me and I don't say, " lookee here my finger is acting of its own accord". Some say "if thine eye offend thee then pluck it out". I say change what you are looking at.

I wasn't planning on making the point because I felt like everyone would just dismiss the idea without even thinking about it, but I feel it is necissary to make this point. I believe that there is a such thing as a God and I also believe that there is the opposite. Ya some real life Angels and Demons shit haha. Curious to know what you guys think about the topic before I get into the explainations as to why I believe they exist. Also our finger doesn't have free will, we do.
02-01-2013, 03:47 AM,
Son of FT Wrote:I can't imagine anything greater can you?
blow jobs? Tongue
i jest..
NOW to get on topic...
son of FT Wrote:Take the cells of our body and expand it to a larger scale. Think of all life being cells that make up the Earth like how our cells make us up.
that kinda reminded me of the Stoics.. they believe that there is an essence, fundamental particle common to all things, The Universal Mind Fire.
Everything, absolutely everything has it.. stones and rocks a tiny bit, the earth a little more, grass more still, bushes even more up to trees, then animals even more yet up the chain where they see humans as having most of all.
It is an interconnectedness of all things. kinda analogous to strings in string theory , it's in everything, everywhere.
The universal mind fire to them was a primordial thing out of which everything was formed and also the souls of people and animals are a projection of the universal mind fire..
it's a lovely concept tbh.
son of ft Wrote:however my personal view is that there is creator god who gave us free will.

The free will thing is kind of a cop out because......
If god is good,beneficent and infallible then no evil such as the devil should exist, no pain and suffering should exist.
Hume stated if god is perfect and infallible,omnipotent and good....

why is creation so full of evil and pain?

why did a perfect god make a creation with imperfect creatures, evil and suffering?

Hume believed the evidence of pain, evil and suffering we enough to give reasonable grounds to disbelieve.
Hume also believed that if god was all knowing and knew what has happened and what will happen then "free will" is disingenuous at best and,i am paraphrasing here, taking the piss and illusory at worst.
[Image: siolflag.gif]
02-01-2013, 04:19 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-01-2013, 04:19 AM by Watchdog.)
I just finished talking to God and he told me that this thread made him laugh. So I asked him why?

He responded -"Did you forget to take you pills again?"

I don't know why God would say such a thing, I don't even take pills?

God really does work in mysterious ways...
Paix, Amour et Lumiere
02-01-2013, 04:30 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-01-2013, 04:31 AM by youlaffinyet.)
when i'm high, i generally feel more powerful. smoking a bowl of chop definitely helps when i train or play games, or read or write or draw etc.
my opinion on "Higher Power"
Wink
02-01-2013, 06:45 AM,
Abrahamic religion is a control scheme meant to shepherd the flocks into pens where they can be fleeced and controlled. There may be a consciousness that is the sum of everything and is aware, but it most certainly is not as portrayed by any of the Abrahamic religions. They tell us to look outside of ourselves and to them and their invisible sky daddy for all the answers. Well, we are looking the wrong way if we fall for that one.
Some truth does make it into the writings, most from the previous beliefs that were absorbed and perverted to gain followers. The character of Christ even says that the Kingdom of Heaven is within you. That is echoed in many other practices of spirituality all over the world and from all ages. Relying on someone else to tell us what is true is the essence of folly. Hear what they have to say, but don't take it as gospel. Wink
“Today’s scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after
equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality. ” -Nikola Tesla

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." -Jimi Hendrix
02-01-2013, 04:06 PM,
(02-01-2013, 06:45 AM)Easy Skanking Wrote: Abrahamic religion is a control scheme meant to shepherd the flocks into pens where they can be fleeced and controlled.

Relying on someone else to tell us what is true is the essence of folly. Hear what they have to say, but don't take it as gospel. Wink

Agreed.

However, some cannot will their Own will. It could be for karmic reasons, social engineering, both, or other reasons. Be it as it may, it's probably better to follow a religious set of morals (as long as they are followed properly) than those given by Hollywood, or the Military–industrial complex. And here I'm assuming a devot spiritual life, not pseudo-religious army hypocrites.

Perhaps "daddy in the sky" is a better influence than "daddy in the boob tube"?

If you're destined to be brainwashed, which mental program shall you choose? Gosh that's a strange thought... Dodgy
Paix, Amour et Lumiere
02-02-2013, 12:13 AM,
Instead of a brainwashing, I choose to guide my actions and self by my empathy, compassion, wisdom and intellect. I choose my actions instead of giving away my power to anything outside myself. Since the world is in the toilet, I can see what those outside forces have allowed things to come to. Obviously, they have not made the correct decisions. Since I am not insane, I choose a different course of action on the personal level to start.

Despite all of the programming we as a species are subject to, I still think we have to ability to make the correct decisions. Some it will take much longer than others but at least there are some of us to get the ball rolling. I think that at some fundamental level we have to allow brainwashing. Most are tricked into it, but the decision to allow it or not is still ours to make. I got rid of my religious brainwashing that was foisted on me by bring raised in the church an my father being a priest. If I can overcome that programming and think for myself, anyone can.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How Much Higher A Man Stands Than A Sheep Solve et Coagula 0 293 04-14-2012, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Solve et Coagula
  Satsang: The Power of Spiritual Presence Solve et Coagula 0 306 02-01-2012, 05:18 PM
  The Power of the Mind Solve et Coagula 0 369 02-01-2012, 01:49 AM
  Empower Yourself to Fight the Power Solve et Coagula 0 356 10-04-2011, 11:03 PM
  Beyond the End of the World: Navigating Our Personal Apocalypse Solve et Coagula 0 443 05-22-2011, 03:27 PM
  The Healing Power of Anger Solve et Coagula 0 721 01-25-2011, 10:38 PM
  PART TWO THE POWER CONCEALED BEHIND FREEMASONRY --- 11 2,247 09-20-2010, 02:56 PM
Last Post: zimmerframe
  Meta-Theology: Religion / Spirtuality is Personal but Let's Explore it Together Anyways FastTadpole 1 767 02-18-2010, 08:35 PM
Last Post: ---
  Stunning Departure From Scientology, Accuses Leader Tommy Davis Of "Lying" To The Public FastTadpole 1 715 10-27-2009, 03:03 PM
Last Post: FastTadpole
  Symbols & Psyche: Exploring Gateways to Realms of Knowledge, Power & Understanding Solve et Coagula 0 532 10-18-2009, 12:48 PM