Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Scientist seeks surrogate mother for Neanderthal baby
01-21-2013, 07:24 PM,
Scientist seeks surrogate mother for Neanderthal baby
Quote:A Harvard scientist is reportedly looking for an "adventurous woman" to give birth to the first Neanderthal baby in 30,000 years.

US geneticist George Church told German newspaper Der Spiegel he was close to being able to clone a Neanderthal but would need a human woman to lend her womb to the project.
But the birth may not be quite what a human woman was used to, Gawker reported.
While Neanderthal children didn't need to rotate to get to the birth canal, their mothers generally had a wider birth canal than human women.

The baby would also be expected to have a longer head than a human child.
But despite the potential birthing difficulties, Professor Church said Neanderthal children could be very intelligent and may become a craze.
"Let's say someone has a healthy, normal Neanderthal baby," he told Bloomberg Businessweek last year.
"Well, then, everyone will want to have a Neanderthal kid.
"Were they superstrong or supersmart? Who knows.
"But there's one way to find out."
Professor Church has collected enough DNA from fossil bones to reconstruct Neanderthal DNA.
He said new technologies made the cloning project a realistic dream.

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/technology/2013/01/21/06/58/scientist-seeks-woman-to-be-neanderthal-s-surrogate-mother
01-23-2013, 12:39 AM,
RE: Scientist seeks surrogate mother for Neanderthal baby
This will give supremacists something new to complain about. How wonderful!
Truth appears in many forms. Find those that resonate with you.

- "If we do not believe in freedom of speech for those we despise, we do not believe in it at all." - Noam Chomsky
- "Humans are not a rational animal, but a rationalizing one." - Leon Festinger

http://avaaz.org - The World In Action
01-23-2013, 12:49 AM,
(01-23-2013, 12:39 AM)thokling Wrote: This will give supremacists something new to complain about. How wonderful!

Lol and I always thought supremacists and neanderthals were already related!
"Listen to everyone, read everything, believe nothing unless you can prove it in your own research"
~William Cooper

DTTNWO!
01-23-2013, 01:03 AM,
(01-23-2013, 12:49 AM)SiLVa Wrote: Lol and I always thought supremacists and neanderthals were already related!

So Neanderthals didn't die out, but devolved? Similar to how dinosaurs evolved into turkeys then.
Truth appears in many forms. Find those that resonate with you.

- "If we do not believe in freedom of speech for those we despise, we do not believe in it at all." - Noam Chomsky
- "Humans are not a rational animal, but a rationalizing one." - Leon Festinger

http://avaaz.org - The World In Action
01-23-2013, 09:39 AM,
It turns out that a reported plan to clone a Neanderthal baby was lost in translation.
Harvard geneticist George M. Church was quoted in the Daily Mail as looking for an “adventurous woman” to serve as a surrogate for a “cloned cave baby.” The shocking headline spread quickly across the media with no small amount of help from major news aggregators like the Drudge Report.

But the Boston Herald dug a little deeper into the story, joining a long list of news outlets that contacted Church for an explanation.

Church told the Herald Monday night that the Daily Mail article was based on an interview he gave to the German-language magazine Der Spiegel and poorly translated comments he made about the possibility of one day cloning a Neanderthal.

“I’m certainly not advocating it,” Church told the Herald. “I’m saying, if it is technically possible someday, we need to start talking about it today.”

In 2010, scientists said that most humans carry trace elements of Neanderthal genes in their DNA, which Church says gives credence to the theory of a potential cloning project.

Church added that he wasn’t even involved in the particular aspects of the Human Genome Project focused on Neanderthals. Nonetheless, he hopes to use the mistake made by the media for the greater good. “I want to use it as an educational moment to talk about journalism and technology," he said.

Not helping with the confusion, the Daily Mail has still not updated or corrected its story, which as of press time has more than 24,000 Facebook shares and 1,200 reader comments.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/no-harvard-geneticist-not-trying-clone-neanderthal-baby-213859546.html
Definition of Democrazy:
Two Volves and a Sheep
trying to agree on what
to have for dinner

http://deadlinelive.info/

01-24-2013, 10:08 PM,
Aww man, I wanted to know if neanderthal babies would have to get vaccinated.
01-25-2013, 08:25 PM,
i think they would need two different gene groups (different people) in order for the cloning to work. Having a gestating egg would be interesting to see, if at all possible. and yes you would need a very canny lass indeed for that, that's a possible death sentence. hard enough having kids at the best of times.
01-26-2013, 01:40 AM,
(01-25-2013, 08:25 PM)rsol Wrote: i think they would need two different gene groups (different people) in order for the cloning to work. Having a gestating egg would be interesting to see, if at all possible. and yes you would need a very canny lass indeed for that, that's a possible death sentence. hard enough having kids at the best of times.

Or alternatively, get people that have neanderthal genes (perhaps phenotype as a first go) to mate, then get offspring with neanderthal genes to mate, and so on...
Paix, Amour et Lumiere
01-26-2013, 02:11 AM,
Alternatively why waste resourses, time and effort on something which is rather pointless?
01-26-2013, 03:42 AM,
Well, I suspect the topic is not totally pointless...

Science f*cked up when they said that modern human ancestors (sic) never crossed with neanderthals, and this has some implications.

Check this video, for example:

Paix, Amour et Lumiere
01-26-2013, 04:11 AM,
Lets go mega conspiratorial - Neanderthal (sidenote neander means new man) smoked some good shit and got possessed by evil interdimensional entities who taught them about science and how to enslave their fellows. From then on they experimented with breeding and created the dumber human slave race to do all their bidding. The neanderthals went underground leaving humanity on the surface while teaching certain humans how to manage civilisation in an attempt to control the entire planet with the eventual plan to take over the universe as the evil entities continue to battle you know who.
01-26-2013, 12:18 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-26-2013, 12:28 PM by Valthrax.)

It may be of interest to some to know a little bit about the so-called "Neanderthal" man.

They are named after the place where they were found, in the Neander valley in Germany near Dusseldorf.

At the time that they were "discovered" the scientific community poo-pooed the concept of it being a new species of man.

Why?

Because the characteristic that the supposed "Neanderthal man" exhibited were already well known to the medical community as being caused by a deforming diseases such as rickets and arthritis and vitamin D deficiency... which occurs in people who have too little sunlight... which is expected in a cloud covered Ice Age... but, in desperation to find a missing link certain powers,
(who were pushing a lot of these types of things at the time), kept driving this into the face of the public.

Fact of the matter is, there are still many people on this earth living today, that exhibit these same characteristics... in other words, if someone buys into the whole thing, there are Neanderthal men,
(and women), walking around today... I have a picture of a woman here somewhere in a good book printed in the late 80s or there about.

It is funny to note that Neanderthal men had a much larger cranium capacity than the average human thus negating the concept of it being a bridge between ape, (small brain), and man.

Why was this pushed?

Certain powers want desperately, for the public to believe that we are descended from apes... when it has long been proven that we have always co-existed as separate species and share no internal commonalities; you cannot transplant parts from an ape to a human being or vice versa... but a human being can accept a pigs heart.

Just a little FYI.

01-26-2013, 02:51 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-26-2013, 02:53 PM by R.R.)
Good post Valthrax.

I'd also add that Neanderthal is commonly associated with cavemen and barbaric behaviour, which most people accept as fact even though there are reasonable arguments to the contrary.

Its more predictive programming for futurology, 'progress' and helps against reasonable criticisms of the role of technology in modern times. In other words its propaganda for the New World Order.
01-28-2013, 04:49 PM,
Quote:Neanderthal cloning chatter highlights scientific illiteracy

By Scott Malone

Posted 2013/01/24 at 12:13 am EST

After spending the weekend reading blog posts claiming that he was seeking an "extremely adventurous female human" to bear a cloned Neanderthal baby - which was news to him - Harvard geneticist George Church said it may be time for society to give some thought to scientific literacy.

Church became the subject of dozens of posts and tabloid newspaper articles calling him a "mad scientist" after giving an interview to the German magazine Der Spiegel.

In the interview, Church discussed the technical challenges scientists would face if they tried to clone a Neanderthal, though neither he nor the Der Spiegel article, which was presented as a question and answer exchange, said he intended to do so.

"Harvard professor seeks mother for cloned cave baby," read one headline, on the website of London's Daily Mail.

But Church explained on Wednesday that he was simply theorizing.

Still, the readiness of bloggers, journalists and readers to believe he was preparing an attempt to clone a Neanderthal, a species closely related to modern humans that went extinct some 30,000 years ago, led Church to ponder scientific literacy.

"The public should be able to detect cases where things seem implausible," Church said in an interview at his office at Harvard Medical School in Boston. "Everybody's fib detector should have been going off. They should have said, ‘What? Who would believe this?' ... This really indicates that we should have scientific literacy."

Despite the spate of articles comparing him to the character in the book and movie "Jurassic Park" who attempts to open a theme park filled with living dinosaurs, Church said he plans to continue speaking publicly about his research, which focuses on using genes to treat and prevent disease.

Given the number of policy debates driven by science - from how to address climate change, to space exploration, to public health concerns - scientists should not back away from talking to the media, Church said.

"We really should get the public of the entire world to be able to detect the difference between a fact and a complete fantasy that has been created by the Internet," he said.

In the Der Spiegel article, which Church said reported his words accurately, and his recent book "Regenesis: How Synthetic Biology Will Reinvent Nature and Ourselves," Church theorized that studying cloned Neanderthals could help scientists better understand how the human mind works. Scientists have already extracted DNA from Neanderthal bones.

But such experiments would pose a host of ethical concerns - including how many Neanderthals would be created and whether they would be treated as mere study subjects or as beings with their own rights, Church said.

"I do want to connect the public to science because there are so many decisions to be made if the way they learn it, if they learn it faster by talking about Neanderthals than they did by getting rote learning in high school, that's great," he said.

http://www.newsdaily.com/stories/bre90n057-us-usa-neanderthal-cloning/
02-08-2013, 03:42 AM,
(01-26-2013, 02:51 PM)R.R Wrote: Its more predictive programming for futurology, 'progress' and helps against reasonable criticisms of the role of technology in modern times. In other words its propaganda for the New World Order.

No doubt.

What amazed me when I checked into these so-called links of Human Evolution, was how desparately pushed they were, and how groundless... also, even when a lot of these connections were found out to be faked, false, or something else entirely, often they were not removed from school textbooks and many of them are still being taught today in school in some case decades after they were overwhelmingly disproved.

Here's another dandy for you...

I have been to a number of large museums all around North America, yet, not one of them have an actual skeleton of a dinosaur... not one. What they all have is "plaster casts" of dinosaur skeletons... yet none of the people that worked there could tell me where the original skeleton was. Very strange indeed, for some of the museums that I went to were backed by huge money and thus, there should be no reason why they did not have a real dinosaur skeleton. They had birds, whales and everything else, but no dinosaurs.

Why?

I can only speculate as to why... because there are plenty more museums that I have not been to, but... where are the real dinosaur skeletons, and are there any? Has anyone here seen a significant dinosaur skeleton that is actually constructed from fossilized bones rather than plaster?

And something else of interest, in the past hundred or so years, most of these fakes or "wonder discoveries" had Teilhard Desjardin lurking around in the periphery or actively involved. He was just what the failing theory of Evolution needed to push it as it sagged; a Jesuit priest who was turned by Darwin's incredibly convincing theory. (Is there even one? Not that I have found).

I'm telling you... it is absolutely amazing what one finds should he take the time to do the research for himself... everything else is found wanting in comparison.

I remember reading Leakey's book on Lucy, the missing link when it came out back in the 80s. It was the highest quality book I have ever seen printed. Nice, thick, luxurious, a high-glossy white, (illumined and pure), thick cover boards and ungodly expensive! I eagerly awaited my turn to read it, (no way I was paying for it).

Finally I had a chance to read it and I read it all through, word for word, awaiting for the great parts that everyone who had already read it, had praised up to the stars! Such wonderful words that they all spoke of it! I was hyped! I was ready! Give it to me now!

Chapter 1.. chapter 2, chapter 5, chapter 9... The End.

WTF?

It was the biggest con job that I had seen up to that point.

From beginning to end it was a wax job!

I won't go into it in detail, but I will say this;
The bones that were used to create the partial skeleton that they eventually called Lucy, were miles apart and highly suspicious. Anyone that knows anything about archeology knows that you can only use bones that are found together and on sight to form a new, unknown, skeleton... which of course, was not what was done in this case with Lucy. And what they created with these random parts is not at all convincing to me and the story surrounding the discovery in this book, read like grade school fiction.

The best I could glean from it was that it was the weakest con job that I had ever seen, but the money backing it was huge! And most people are simply impressed by nice-looking things... in this case, a wonderful, very impressive, book. But...

...I had a hard job believing that this content was in this book. The book was of extreme high quality and the contents were taken from the kindergarten trash.

Of course, since then I have found many, many such blatant and weak con jobs on many varying topics. Not only was that not unique, it is common place.

That sums up Darwinian Evolution BTW... bogus. No doubt about it, and Evolution is a "must be" because the New World Order needs it.

And what really surprised me later on, (for I was an Evolutionist at one point), was that all the evidence points to Humanity having been created by a Supreme Power. That was not easy for me to accept... but it is true.

BTW, I recognize no religion and seek only reality... whatever that may be.
All religions are the elite's mechanism to control the spiritual aspect of Humanity... and we do have a spirit.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NASA Scientist’s Quest To Prove We’re All Trapped Inside A Video Game drummer 10 3,621 02-13-2013, 02:31 AM
Last Post: Valthrax
Shocked WTF? Japan scientist synthesizes meat from human feces yeti 20 9,814 11-14-2011, 11:42 AM
Last Post: FastTadpole
  Scientist 'infected' with computer virus TriWooOx 12 3,742 07-20-2010, 08:19 PM
Last Post: Easy Skanking
  Neanderthal genome reveals interbreeding with humans --- 1 857 06-23-2010, 10:44 PM
Last Post: Deathaniel
Exclamation Climategate U-turn as scientist at centre of row admits: There has been no global war joeblow 6 2,583 05-10-2010, 01:44 AM
Last Post: FastTadpole
  Pioneer Scientist Researching RF Cancer Treatment Murdered FastTadpole 1 1,149 04-08-2010, 09:19 PM
Last Post: Easy Skanking
  Italian scientist reproduces Shroud of Turin Weyland 0 555 10-06-2009, 06:25 AM
Last Post: Weyland
  Immortality only 20 years away says scientist TriWooOx 2 931 09-27-2009, 07:22 PM
Last Post: scaramanga667
  NASA's Chief Climate Scientist Stirs Controversy With Call for Civil Disobedience --- 3 1,029 03-03-2009, 09:46 PM
Last Post: ---
  Pentagon hires British scientist to help build robot soldiers that 'won't commit war crimes' TriWooOx 0 648 12-01-2008, 11:04 AM
Last Post: TriWooOx