Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shadow Elite
11-17-2012, 03:56 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-17-2012, 04:01 AM by macfadden.)
Shadow Elite
"Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people. To destroy this invisible government, to dissolve the unholy alliance between corrupt business and corrupt politics, is the first task of the statesmanship of the day." – Teddy Roosevelt

TEDxBerlin 11/15/10 - Janine Wedel - Shadow Elites

Quote:Governments and administrations come and go, but not so a new breed of power brokers, who always seem to pop up just where the action is. Wearing different hats, they press their agendas in venue after venue. According to award-winning public policy scholar and anthropologist Janine Wedel, these are the "shadow elite," the prime movers in a vexing new system of power and influence.

In Shadow Elite Wedel charts how these players make public decisions without public input-in realms from domestic to foreign and financial policy. Maneuvering through their many spheres of influence, they challenge both governments' rules of accountability and businesses' codes of competition, ultimately answering only to each other. From the Harvard economists who helped privatize post-Soviet Russia and the neoconservatives who helped privatize American foreign policy for thirty years (culminating with the debacle that is Iraq) to many lesser-known global operators, these players flout once-sacrosanct boundaries between state and private, bureaucracy and market. This new breed, unseen by most, is steadily gaining power.

Quote:Who Rules America? First published in 1967 and updated in 2010 is a book by psychologist and sociologist G. William Domhoff, which argues against the concentration of power and wealth in the American upper class.

Domhoff argues in the book that a power elite wields power in America through its support of think-tanks, foundations, commissions, and academic departments.

Who Rules United States of America? (1987) Part 1 of 2

Who Rules United States of America? (1987) Part 2 of 2

Quote:Professor Carroll Quigley, Bill Clinton's mentor at Georgetown University, authored a massive volume entitled "Tragedy and Hope" in which he states: "There does exist and has existed for a generation, an international network which operates, to some extent, in the way the radical right believes the Communists act. In fact, this network, which we may identify as the Round Table Groups, has no aversion to cooperating with the Communists, or any other groups, and frequently does so. I know of the operations of this network because I have studied it for twenty years and was permitted for two years, in the early 1960s, to examine its papers and secret records. I have no aversion to it or to most of its aims, and have, for much of my life, been close to it and to many of its instruments. I have objected, both in the past and recently, to a few of its policies, but in general my chief difference of opinion is that it wishes to remain unknown, and I believe its role in history is significant enough to be known."

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements, arrived at in frequent private meetings and conferences..."

"The apex of the system was the Bank for International Settlements in Basle, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the worlds' central banks which were themselves private corporations..."

"The growth of financial capitalism made possible a centralization of world economic control and use of this power for the direct benefit of financiers and the indirect injury of all other economic groups." Tragedy and Hope: A History of The World in Our Time (Macmillan Company, 1966,) Professor Carroll Quigley of Georgetown University

"The Council on Foreign Relations is the American branch of a society which originated in England (RIIA) ... [and] ... believes national boundaries should be obliterated and one-world rule established." Dr. Carroll Quigley

"As a teenager, I heard John Kennedy's summons to citizenship. And then, as a student, I heard that call clarified by a professor I had named Carroll Quigley."President Clinton, in his acceptance speech for the Democratic Party's nomination for president, 16 July 1992

Read the full book "Tragedy and Hope" here:
http://www.archive.org/stream/TragedyAndHope/TH_djvu.txt

Rare Carroll Quigley interview - 1974 (Full Interview)

Quote:Leroy Fletcher Prouty (January 24, 1917 – June 5, 2001) served as Chief of Special Operations for the Joint Chiefs of Staff under President John F. Kennedy. A former colonel in the United States Air Force, he retired from military service to become a banker, and subsequently became a critic of U.S. foreign policy, particularly the covert activities of the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) about which he had considerable insider knowledge.

Quote:In Prouty's own words, from the 1997 edition of The Secret Team:

"This is the fundamental game of the Secret Team. They have this power because they control secrecy and secret intelligence and because they have the ability to take advantage of the most modern communications system in the world, of global transportation systems, of quantities of weapons of all kinds, and when needed, the full support of a world-wide U.S. military supporting base structure. They can use the finest intelligence system in the world, and most importantly, they have been able to operate under the canopy of an assumed, ever-present enemy called "Communism." It will be interesting to see what "enemy" develops in the years ahead. It appears that "UFO's and Aliens" are being primed to fulfill that role for the future. To top all of this, there is the fact that the CIA, itself, has assumed the right to generate and direct secret operations. " [L. Fletcher Prouty, Alexandria, VA 1997]

The Secret Team, or ST, is a phrase coined by L. Fletcher Prouty in 1973, alleging a covert alliance between the United States' military, intelligence, and private sectors to influence political decisions. The phrase suggests the existence of a covert alliance between certain people within the U.S. intelligence community, the United States military, and American private industry who use their collective wealth, influence, and resources to manipulate current events to steer public policy and maximize profits. The term is pejorative since it accuses the organizations of prioritizing their personal fortunes above the national interest, as well as eliminating any opposition, whether through targeted propaganda or assassination.

The Secret Team-L.Fletcher Prouty (pt 1 of 2)

The Secret Team-L.Fletcher Prouty (pt 2 of 2)
11-28-2012, 06:02 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-28-2012, 06:16 PM by macfadden.)
RE: Shadow Elite
The Secret Government PBS 1987 Bill Moyers - segment is edited by Frank Dorrel to 20 minutes.

The full video "The Secret Government" 90 minutes

Quote:The anti-Rockefeller focus of these otherwise incompatible political positions owes much to Populism. "Populists" believe in conspiracies and one of the most enduring is that a secret group of international bankers and capitalists, and their minions, control the world's economy. Because of my name and prominence as head of the Chase for many years, I have earned the distinction of "conspirator in chief" from some of these people.
Populists and isolationists ignore the tangible benefits that have resulted in our active international role during the past half-century. Not only was the very real threat posed by Soviet Communism overcome, but there have been fundamental improvements in societies around the world, particularly in the United States, as a result of global trade, improved communications, and the heightened interaction of people from different cultures. Populists rarely mention these positive consequences, nor can they cogently explain how they would have sustained American economic growth and expansion of our political power without them.

David Rockefeller, Sr Memoirs Ch. 27 : Proud Internationalist, p. 406
12-01-2012, 09:27 PM,
Question  RE: Shadow Elite
(11-17-2012, 03:56 AM)macfadden Wrote: TEDxBerlin 11/15/10 - Janine Wedel - Shadow Elites

This was a really good, short video. Thank you for posting it.

I've been trying to develop a catchy name for this new, sophisticated form of super-fascism she describes, but have so far been unsuccessful.

This woman Janine Wedel is interesting. She works for the corporate foundation think-tanks, but seems to criticize their power and influence. I don't get it. Perhaps Controlled Opposition, but interesting nonetheless.

http://janinewedel.info/about.html

I intend to watch her other videos when I have time; http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=janine+wedel

Thanks for the lead MF.
12-02-2012, 03:04 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-02-2012, 03:17 AM by macfadden.)
You're welcome. I agree with you that Wedel is controlled opposition, definitely a "gatekeeper". She says that these shadow networks are a new phenomenon that have only recently developed, Oh teh LULZ. Bigtime teh Lulz. I wonder if she's ever heard of Antony Sutton and his work on "The Order" or the Reece Committee Hearings? The Round Table movement? The Pilgrims Society? Le Cercle? or how about any number of secret societies and chivalrous or religious orders that have been at work in the world behind the scenes for thousands of years?

But I think it's a good sign that academics like Wedel are beginning to publicly recognize that these shadow networks are real and do actually exert great influence on the course of world events.

Éminence grise

An éminence grise (French for "grey eminence") is a powerful decision-maker or advisor who operates "behind the scenes" or in a non-public or unofficial capacity.

This phrase originally referred to François Leclerc du Tremblay, the right-hand man of Cardinal Richelieu.

Although Leclerc never achieved the rank of Cardinal, those around him addressed him as such in deference to the considerable influence this "grey" friar held over "His Eminence the Cardinal".
12-10-2012, 11:57 PM,
Salut.
Perhaps this might interest you?

I did an interview (podcast) with Ronald Barney, aka “Ciggy” in several forums, who conducted research into Altantis and came out with interesting results. He also wrote a book called “The Mechants of Magic –Evolution of the Atlantean Meme”

Here is Ron with a short introduction to his book:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhUP9y_hMkU

I read Ron’s book and ask him several questions regarding some issues I had with some of the content. My podcast can be found here:

http://productionradical.wordpress.com/tag/atlantis/

In a nut shell it is argued that a meme has been passed down for centuries and that who or whatever the Shadow Elite is nowadays would necessarily be linked to the Atlanteans in ways where their technologies were seen as magic by others, but really used as a conqueror’s tool.
Paix, Amour et Lumiere

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Video Good Summary of the Power Elite, Easy to Understand CharliePrime 0 917 07-25-2012, 03:03 PM
Last Post: CharliePrime
  Understanding the Ruling Elite Solve et Coagula 0 346 08-22-2011, 10:09 PM
Last Post: Solve et Coagula
  The Elite, the ‘Great Game’, & World War III Solve et Coagula 0 387 06-13-2011, 12:54 PM
Last Post: Solve et Coagula
  The White Power Elite mexika 4 1,147 06-01-2011, 07:46 PM
Last Post: SiLVa
  Murdoch Owned Paper: "UK’s New Political Elite", 1/2 of Whom Work(ed) for Murdoch h3rm35 0 505 05-26-2010, 11:39 PM
Last Post: h3rm35
  Multiculturalism and the Ruling Elite --- 0 347 09-22-2009, 07:22 AM
Last Post: ---
  What Do The Elite Invision Their "new World" To Be Like SerialExpLain 3 567 11-07-2006, 12:43 AM
Last Post: harflimon
  Documents Reveal 'shadow Government' Ognir 2 450 10-24-2006, 01:41 PM
Last Post: ov3rkomer
  Documents Disclose 'shadow Government' waxzy 1 393 09-30-2006, 04:21 AM
Last Post: byrd