Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
An announcement to concen members
08-24-2012, 06:54 AM,
RE: A fine announcement
So you're chief now? what's going on? This is a bit too obscure to figure out from the outside...
[Image: conspiracy_theory.jpg]
08-24-2012, 04:45 PM,
Yeti is resigning. *I think it's safe to say, NONE of us mods want him to… but he's made his decision clear and firm.

He's given us a fair amount of time ( October 1st ) to be off his server, and find a new home for ConCen.

The overdue bill was almost entirely paid by the member iC1 mentioned. Thanks again *you know who!!!*

We mods, have been trying to sort out life without paypal. Right now, I can't even guarantee we'll stay with, and keep the Payza, OR Flattr accounts we've opened. Flattr has monthly fees, and only pays you once a month! You also need a money bookers or paypal account to even then receive that money!! ConCen also credits each donator 2GB per $US to their upload…. and the flatter donations appear to be anonymous… which is making crediting donators, or even knowing who they are, impossible. Payza….. hasn't been a walk in the park yet either!

The good news is…. come october-ish, we will no longer have to come up with $150.00 a month to keep this place going…. but probably around $70.00 or so…. which should take a huge weight off the shoulders of ConCen! Bad news is… I think we're anticipating set up fees to make the move(s).

We're also going to be moving from the current torrenttrader software to opentracker… a more tech savvy mod can give you details on that if necessary. *I believe this must be done before october first also.

We're talking about bringing on an extra mod or two… cause we're really going to need the help.

If anything else major happens… we'll keep you posted.
08-24-2012, 07:49 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-24-2012, 07:54 PM by shortwave.)
Thanks April for the updates, although I didn't agree with Yeti on some issues. He did keep Concen going and put up with a lot of bullshit in the process. He did care about the site and did what he could to keep it running despite others hell bent on shutting it down.

Since Yeti is leaving, when appropriate..please post a new snail mail address for those who wish to mail in donations and advise when the new address will go into effect.

One chapter closes and another one opens. Lets all hope we are all here a year from now with this site going and a internet that is still relatively free to exchange ideas, opinions and important information.
"They scare us all with threats of war. So we forget just how bad things are." 'Open Your Eyes' - Lords Of The New Church 1981

08-24-2012, 09:00 PM,
(08-24-2012, 07:49 PM)shortwave Wrote: when appropriate..please post a new snail mail address for those who wish to mail in donations and advise when the new address will go into effect.

Sure thing shortwave...
Hopefully by the end of next week, give or take a few days, we'll have a new snail mail address up. Started working on it this morning... Smile
08-24-2012, 11:50 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-24-2012, 11:54 PM by h3rm35.)
You staff people all rock. Thanks for keeping us informed and keeping the ball rolling.

Yeti, thanks for all your hard work over the years, and I hope the reduced workload allows you to proportionally reduce stress in your life. I know its been a long time coming, and even though I'm sure you'll still be around, I wish you all the best. I've got to admit, I'm a bit aprehensive, not because I have a lack of faith in whoever ends up taking up the reins, but because on the tech end, this site has run damn near perfect the entire time I've been here, and has made large improvements during that time.

Is the intention to keep the site running out of CA?

I'm glad this move was made long after our good friend Shithead McFucknutz started his financial terrorism campaign, even though I'm sure he'll see this as a win. I just wish there was a way to unequivically let him know that it isn't one.

and I didn't mean "cheif" in the patriarchal sense - I simply meant chief of tech - sysop. Who is that going to be? do you know yet? will it be a combined effort? The reason I ask is because I've got an invite to a private tracker that I'd like to send to the person who'll take over Yeti's duties. Its one of the only ways I can donate at the moment.

Anyway, good luck to you (and us all,)l on the transition. I'm sure it will go well.
08-25-2012, 02:21 AM,
Nicely put h3rm35, and big thanks.
As much as we're going to miss the heck out of Yeti...
FastTadpole has agreed to take on the hot seat.

Smile
08-25-2012, 09:56 AM,
oh well, at least yeti got hismself a new workstation for his efforts, so his efforts were kind of rewarded. Definitely Eppinoia will see this as a win and that is a great shame.
“The truth, of course, is that a billion falsehoods told a billion times by a billion people are still false.” Travis Walton
09-14-2012, 05:11 PM,
(08-24-2012, 07:49 PM)shortwave Wrote: Since Yeti is leaving, when appropriate..please post a new snail mail address for those who wish to mail in donations and advise when the new address will go into effect.

One chapter closes and another one opens. Lets all hope we are all here a year from now with this site going and a internet that is still relatively free to exchange ideas, opinions and important information.

Good news....
The new snail mail address has been posted! Weeee

Bad news....
We have 2 weeks left to make this transition happen. [Image: scared0002.gif]
09-14-2012, 08:12 PM,
(09-14-2012, 05:11 PM)April Wrote:
(08-24-2012, 07:49 PM)shortwave Wrote: Since Yeti is leaving, when appropriate..please post a new snail mail address for those who wish to mail in donations and advise when the new address will go into effect.

Good news....

Bad news....

Ha I can reply on closed threads.. that saved some time. Thanks for the efforts. This should be smooth thanks to yeti handing off the ball all nice like but we do have a bit of work to do. New server is cheaper but crappier, same goes for the technical team (icosaface* and I) but we'll trudge through and equestrian over any hurdles presented us or kill a few horses trying.

* methinks
There are no others, there is only us.
http://FastTadpole.com/
09-14-2012, 10:44 PM,
RE: An announcement to concen members
Yes, have we decided on who we are going with server wise?
An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it.
Mohandas Gandhi

Each of us is put here in this time and this place to personally decide the future of humankind.
Did you think you were put here for something less?
Chief Arvol Looking Horse
09-15-2012, 03:18 AM,
(09-14-2012, 10:44 PM)icosaface Wrote: Yes, have we decided on who we are going with server wise?

possibly here.... but the $70 package
10-12-2012, 05:44 PM,
(09-14-2012, 05:11 PM)April Wrote: Good news....

Bad news....

Well folks…. we made it !!! Grin

We have successfully moved to a new server ! Most of the bugs have been plucked out, and things seem to be running smoothly.

Wanted to thank those who've been donating at our ConCen Flattr account and using the snail mail!! We couldn't be alive and well without you… thanks for stepping up to the plate and helping us pay the rent!

Donations are added up once a month on Flattr, before we can access them, and more then half of the donations have been anonymous…. but, we pulled in $111.00 during the month of September… which is in route to FastTadpole as i type… and will then pay for October's bill!

So we're actually ahead !!! Crazy

*For the few mods that have been breaking their backs the last two months to make this happen… wonderful you are !! [Image: happy0062.gif]
I know it was stressful, gut wrenching, and at times, depressing… yet also exciting, a little fun, and hey…. this really starts a new chapter in the history of ConCen. Glad to have been there! [Image: winking0070.gif]

Onward and upward ! [Image: sign0200.gif]
10-12-2012, 09:32 PM,
cool! thanks, all, and congratulations
10-13-2012, 02:15 AM,
I am intimate with php and mysql if you ever need any help.
10-13-2012, 08:36 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-13-2012, 08:37 AM by SiLVa.)
Eatdrink007
ClapClapClap
Bounce016
Rave
piratespiratespiratespirates
"Listen to everyone, read everything, believe nothing unless you can prove it in your own research"
~William Cooper

DTTNWO!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Eleven years already? Happy Birthday ConCen Mike_Smith 0 237 03-29-2014, 08:51 PM
Last Post: Mike_Smith
Star Happy belated birthday ConCen. Mike_Smith 9 1,072 04-06-2013, 09:49 AM
Last Post: TriWooOx
  ConCen Download speeds farfo12 5 514 03-06-2013, 11:11 PM
Last Post: Easy Skanking
  Movie with Concen-esque themes. Doomsticks 5 724 01-18-2013, 12:58 AM
Last Post: Easy Skanking
Video Russell Brand interviews two members of the Westboro Baptist Church drummer 0 303 11-20-2012, 01:17 AM
Last Post: drummer
  How did you find ConCen ? psilocide 5 868 03-09-2012, 09:50 AM
Last Post: Frank2
  ConCen pages missing buttons...etc rockingtheboat 3 745 11-29-2011, 01:38 AM
Last Post: rockingtheboat
  Radio ConCen guest Eustace Mullins Ognir 8 1,699 09-09-2011, 07:13 PM
Last Post: aura
  Concen Rocks! shZ 23 3,967 08-23-2011, 09:16 PM
Last Post: rsol
  Founder of ConCen's Birthday Today ! April 15 2,324 08-09-2011, 10:08 PM
Last Post: Mike_Smith