Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
a few questions about the tracker
08-16-2012, 12:00 AM,
a few questions about the tracker

1. Where can I find an explanation of the difference between what is reported for seeders/leechers on a torrent page in the traditional place and the new "Live Stats" report? Both before and after I poke the "update stats" button, I get different numbers reported in these two areas. How are they interpreted?
  2. What happened to the "request a re-seed" item?
  3. I've been seeing lately that what's shown on the torrent pages is often not reflected in what my bittorent client sees. Often there are seeders shown that are not seen by the client. Is there a problem maybe?
08-16-2012, 12:05 AM,
RE: a few questions about the tracker
request a re-seed seems to only be available when there's less than 3 seeders. if you haven't yet, you might attempt port-forwarding in order to get as many connections as possible.

If you're having trouble with a specific torrent, you can pm the original uploader or post into torrent requests.

other than that, I haven't got much more to offer.
[Image: conspiracy_theory.jpg]
08-16-2012, 01:20 AM,
RE: a few questions about the tracker
(08-16-2012, 12:00 AM)1martian Wrote: Where can I find an explanation of the difference between what is reported for seeders/leechers on a torrent page in the traditional place and the new "Live Stats" report?

Excellent question. Because the discrepancy is temporary, you'll only find it here.

(08-16-2012, 12:00 AM)1martian Wrote: Both before and after I poke the "update stats" button, I get different numbers reported in these two areas. How are they interpreted?

The number of seeds and peers is stored in a database table maintained by TorrentTrader (TT), which used (up until last night) it's own announce. Now that we're using an "external" announce (the port 6969 one), those stats are kept outside the database. TT currently does not automatically update the outside stats. To find the actual amount of seeds and peers, you currently need to update manually.

When you view a torrent details page, what you see on the left is the TT database stats, which may be stale. When you manually update, it shows you the opentracker stats on the right. What you don't see is that it also updates the database, but doesn't refresh the page. If you did a manual stats update, then refreshed the page, you'll see that the TT database is now up to date.

Now that we have switched permanently to opentracker (I can't begin to tell you how much of a relief it is to say that!) I can begin to dismantle TT, one aspect of which will be that the torrent stats will be updated automatically...

(08-16-2012, 12:00 AM)1martian Wrote: What happened to the "request a re-seed" item?

Since we now don't know who finished what torrent, we can't keep track of potential seeders. If you want to request a reseed you can start downloading; the Seeders Wanted block on the tracker page will be updated to work better, so it shows alll orphaned torrents. You can also use the Torrent Requests forum to ask. Once the tracker integrates into the forum I will have an even better way to keep torrents alive - Adopt-A-Torrent! Stay tuned...

(08-16-2012, 12:00 AM)1martian Wrote: I've been seeing lately that what's shown on the torrent pages is often not reflected in what my bittorent client sees. Often there are seeders shown that are not seen by the client. Is there a problem maybe?

Excellent point. There isn't an inherent underlying problem - it's just a result of the fact that TT was designed to use its internal tracker which we are no longer using. Opentracker (the 6969 announce) doesn't keep track of users (personally I think this is a good thing) so any TT stats dealing with IPs or users are now inaccurate. In the near future all the bogus reporting will be removed...
[Image: randquote.png]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclamation Tracker temporarily offline Easy Skanking 49 6,208 08-12-2014, 04:30 PM
Last Post: stiffy
  Http tracker bug? Krise 6 656 01-16-2014, 06:18 AM
Last Post: psilocybin
  what happened to the browser button on the tracker site? datars 3 493 12-07-2013, 07:01 PM
Last Post: thokling
  cant log in to tracker Ex0duS5150 2 1,198 08-21-2013, 03:19 AM
Last Post: Ex0duS5150
  Tracker login : Your account is currently pending.. verstat 20 4,762 04-04-2013, 01:44 PM
Last Post: thokling
  I need a login for the tracker! al_uh_looyah 5 4,367 03-07-2013, 06:20 AM
Last Post: April
  cant activate an account on concen tracker grizeldavan 2 667 11-26-2012, 06:46 PM
Last Post: April
  tracker account banzaipaddy 2 636 11-10-2012, 04:54 PM
Last Post: kaapolainen
  tracker disabled? concelogin 3 3,607 09-20-2012, 11:41 PM
Last Post: yeti
Exclamation TRACKER System Maintenance:: You have to add your own Passkey FastTadpole 7 2,264 01-15-2012, 09:34 AM
Last Post: Dunamis