Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
H3N2v swine flu outbreak in Indiana!
08-02-2012, 10:31 PM,
H3N2v swine flu outbreak in Indiana!
http://www.recombinomics.com/News/08021202/H3N2v_Monroe_Cited.html

Quote:H3N2v has been confirmed in LaPorte and Jackson counties in Indiana as well as Butler county in Ohio in recent days, strongly suggesting that the symptomatic swine and attendees at the Monroe County Fair were also H3N2v infected.
[Image: randquote.png]
08-03-2012, 04:55 AM,
RE: H3N2v swine flu outbreak in Indiana!
Hey... that's good! Unsure
08-03-2012, 10:02 PM,
http://www.wcpo.com/dpp/news/local_news/CDC-confirms-flu-virus-strain-came-from-Butler-County-Fair

CINCINNATI - The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention on Thursday confirmed that nine of the 10 suspected cases of influenza cases in Butler County have tested positive for the H3N2v strain.

State health officials say that the strain matches the flu virus that infected four people at a county fair in Indiana. The results have not come back for the 10th case.

On Wednesday, the Ohio Department of Health and the Butler County Health Department announced an investigation into human illnesses linked to the Butler County Fair, which took place in Hamilton from July 22 through July 28. The individuals who got the flu had direct contact with the fair’s swine — a carrier of a strain of influenza that can be directly transmitted to humans.

When humans are in close proximity to live infected swine — like at a fair — movement of the virus can occur back and forth between humans and animals, according to information released by the ODH. Officials did not release information about the number of flu cases linked to the Butler County Fair.

The Butler County Health Department is working with state health officials and the Center for Disease Control to determine the extent of the illnesses. The Ohio Department of Agriculture is asking fair exhibitors to take precautions and for area veterinarians to closely monitor swine for signs of influenza.

All fair animals, especially pigs, are monitored for illness and signs of flu-like symptoms and are check by veterinarians every day they are at the fair, according to the ODH.

Butler County Health Department continues to collect information and is working with ODH and CDC to determine the extent of the illnesses. The Ohio Department of Agriculture (ODA) is asking fair exhibitors to take precautions and is alerting attending veterinarians to closely monitor swine as they arrive on the fairgrounds for signs of influenza.

Influenza viruses cannot be transmitted by eating pork or pork products

Ohioans who have direct, routine contact with swine, such as working in swine barns or showing swine at fairs, and have experienced cough or influenza-like illness should contact their health care provider or local health department. Symptoms include cough, sore throat, fever, body aches, and possibly other symptoms, such as nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea.

For more information, go to http://www.cdc.gov/flu/spotlights/safe-fair-going.htm .
"They scare us all with threats of war. So we forget just how bad things are." 'Open Your Eyes' - Lords Of The New Church 1981

08-04-2012, 03:58 AM,
Regardless of what they say, wouldnt touch pork meat with a barge pole.
08-04-2012, 04:08 AM,
doesn't seem all that worrisome if it can only be spread thru contact. Its the airborne ones that cause the problems
[Image: conspiracy_theory.jpg]
08-04-2012, 05:07 AM,
(08-04-2012, 04:08 AM)h3rm35 Wrote: doesn't seem all that worrisome if it can only be spread thru contact. Its the airborne ones that cause the problems

from yeti's link...
Quote:I'm sure he touched the pigs in the pig barn, too. It's airborne, though, so direct contact isn't necessary.
08-04-2012, 07:03 AM,
sorry, but I don't take a "quoted" pig farmer's word as bond. I didn't read it, but if there were an actual scare, there'd be more about it, involving the tactics we've already seen. just MO.
[Image: conspiracy_theory.jpg]
08-04-2012, 07:24 AM,
(08-04-2012, 07:03 AM)h3rm35 Wrote: sorry, but I don't take a "quoted" pig farmer's word as bond. I didn't read it, but if there were an actual scare, there'd be more about it, involving the tactics we've already seen. just MO.

I don't disagree with you h3rm35…. nor am I worried about this. But since I'm in Indiana, and walking distance from the county fair, which just started… I found the statements and claims muse full. I wouldn't be surprised either if the "tactics" you mention weren't right around the corner.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fordham University probes mumps outbreak, demands vaccination bristopen 0 418 02-27-2014, 01:33 PM
Last Post: bristopen
  Drug firms 'drove swine flu pandemic warning to recoup £billions spent on research' TriWooOx 0 664 09-26-2012, 07:14 PM
Last Post: TriWooOx
  Doctor Whose Daughter Died of H1N1 Swine Flu calls for All Children to be Vaccinated TriWooOx 4 1,437 03-03-2011, 09:59 AM
Last Post: rsol
  Fears over mutating swine flu virus that could render vaccine useless TriWooOx 2 980 01-10-2011, 03:21 AM
Last Post: Umbrellaman
  Top doctor warns of swine flu threat to healthy TriWooOx 1 804 12-19-2010, 07:01 PM
Last Post: h3rm35
  Swine flu jab call after virus claims its first victims this winter TriWooOx 0 771 12-12-2010, 07:58 PM
  Swine flu is back and has killed 10 in the last six weeks and its spreading to Europe TriWooOx 1 1,011 12-11-2010, 07:49 PM
Last Post: icosaface
  Swine Flu: WHO warns of a more aggressive strain TriWooOx 1 948 11-29-2010, 01:16 AM
Last Post: psilocybin
  People shunning influenza vaccine due to swine flu 'myths' it has been warned TriWooOx 2 1,175 11-19-2010, 08:05 PM
Last Post: h3rm35
  New strain of swine flu emerges - report TriWooOx 0 700 10-21-2010, 08:12 PM