Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
I, Pet Goat II - Odd, Symbolic Animated Video Going Viral
07-13-2012, 04:05 PM,
I, Pet Goat II - Odd, Symbolic Animated Video Going Viral
Check out this video. Pretty cool animation but very odd and chock full of occult symbolism. There are already a bunch of videos online breaking it down and trying to decipher the story being portrayed in the short film. If you find one that you think makes sense, and presents a decent interpretation, post it in the reply.

"Listen to everyone, read everything, believe nothing unless you can prove it in your own research"
~William Cooper

DTTNWO!
07-13-2012, 06:45 PM,
RE: I, Pet Goat II - Odd, Symbolic Animated Video Going Viral
Am I the only one who feels this slight tingling in my mind after watching it? Wow, it is as if they bombard you with symbols every second! It would take 15 minutes just to illustrate everything that goes on in the film. Anyone notice the map in the classroom while Bush was a puppet? It had pin marks on spots where false flags happened (BP oil spill, 9/11, Oklahoma). Crazy.
Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats. - Henry L. Mencken

I believe that it is better to tell the truth than a lie. I believe it is better to be free than to be a slave. And I believe it is better to know than to be ignorant. - Henry L. Mencken
07-13-2012, 06:59 PM,
Ive watched it 3 times. I kept seeing new stuff everytime. Its full of stuff. Some pretty interesting breakdowns of this on YouTube too.
"Listen to everyone, read everything, believe nothing unless you can prove it in your own research"
~William Cooper

DTTNWO!
07-14-2012, 05:28 AM,
Thanks for sharing this silva. I've seen this floating around the net, but hadn't checked it out yet.

I'd call it a masterpiece.
07-14-2012, 07:35 AM,
I'm speechless.. What an amazing piece of Art!
07-21-2012, 09:05 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-21-2012, 09:28 AM by Anarchist.)

Heh, A Scanner Darkly is there to wake us up? Seriously Alex? Well, take from it what you want. The guy sounds like he has no idea what is even in the film.

"Yeah, to me, it kinda means something [insert vague adjective]."
Alex: "WELL WHAT ABOUT THIS AND THAT AND IT MEANS THIS FROM WHAT I READ SOMEWHERE!!"
"Yeah, you know, that sounds right, it is kinda like that, umm, yeah."
Alex: "YEAH IT IS LIKE THAT ONE THING AND IT IS AMAZING, GRARAGHRRR!!!"

Edit: I watched quite a few videos on it, here are my favourite.

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats. - Henry L. Mencken

I believe that it is better to tell the truth than a lie. I believe it is better to be free than to be a slave. And I believe it is better to know than to be ignorant. - Henry L. Mencken
07-22-2012, 06:08 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-24-2012, 09:04 AM by h3rm35.)
Jesus fuck! this crap sounds like a fred15 post! there's way too much specificity in these interpretations for them to touch the artists' intentions.

I could definitely assert that there's something to do with the collapsing of religion as "jesus" with the all seeing eye plastered accross his forhead awakes as he contracts athlete's foot... but to figure this out, ppl will have as much fun as they did w/the denver airport murals w/o asking the artist(s).
[Image: conspiracy_theory.jpg]
07-22-2012, 10:30 AM,
Well, Alex did ask the artist, as the top video shows. I just do not know if I buy it, Alex showed 0% skepticism, praised it without even wondering if something a little more devious was afoot. The "artist" sure seems to stutter and give incoherent answers, too. I was wondering if the guy foresees the collapsing of religion, particularly Christianity, as when the temple collapses at the end, "Jesus" turns his head right before the cross falls... Also, never discredit the idea that the "artist" is a shill, and there to make you praise something that is laughing in your face. It is always a possibility these days.

On the Denver airport, though, it gets freaky when they make a giant statue of Anubis.

07-22-2012, 12:09 PM,
(07-22-2012, 10:30 AM)Anarchist Wrote: Also, never discredit the idea that the "artist" is a shill, and there to make you praise something that is laughing in your face. It is always a possibility these days.

There is no point in considering the idea that the creator is not really the creator unless there is evidence. Do you have any evidence at all, or are you just speculating to the point of absurdity?
[Image: randquote.png]
07-22-2012, 05:33 PM,
(07-22-2012, 12:09 PM)yeti Wrote:
(07-22-2012, 10:30 AM)Anarchist Wrote: Also, never discredit the idea that the "artist" is a shill, and there to make you praise something that is laughing in your face. It is always a possibility these days.

There is no point in considering the idea that the creator is not really the creator unless there is evidence. Do you have any evidence at all, or are you just speculating to the point of absurdity?

Do you have any evidence he is not, or are you just blindly accepting information without even considering other possibilities?

I have no evidence, I am just skeptical. After watching the interview with Alex, he just does not seem to know what his own little film symbolises. Perhaps he is telling the truth. I posted the interview, as well as one two-part video breaking it down.

It is not wise to eliminate possibilities, and there is the possibility that what the "artist" said is a lie. Or, perhaps you believe George Lucas when he tells you what he thinks Star Wars means?

07-22-2012, 08:54 PM,
(07-22-2012, 05:33 PM)Anarchist Wrote:
Do you have any evidence he is not, or are you just blindly accepting information without even considering other possibilities?

I guess I'm guilty of "blindly" accepting that he actually created the video. LOL

I already explained that it is pointless to waste time on speculation without evidence.

(07-22-2012, 05:33 PM)Anarchist Wrote: I have no evidence, I am just skeptical.

In my opinion there is far too much going on out there and so little time to combat it that speculating on nonsense is counterproductive.

(07-22-2012, 05:33 PM)Anarchist Wrote: After watching the interview with Alex, he just does not seem to know what his own little film symbolises.

I disagree. Are you confusing his desire to keep interpretations open with confusion about his own work?

(07-22-2012, 05:33 PM)Anarchist Wrote: Perhaps he is telling the truth.

In the absence of evidence otherwise, it is utterly pointless to assume he is not.

(07-22-2012, 05:33 PM)Anarchist Wrote: It is not wise to eliminate possibilities

I completely disagree. Otherwise nothing gets solved or even understood.

(07-22-2012, 05:33 PM)Anarchist Wrote: and there is the possibility that what the "artist" said is a lie.

There is the possibility that the creator is an alien. Both possibilities sound equally ridiculous IMO.

(07-22-2012, 05:33 PM)Anarchist Wrote: Or, perhaps you believe George Lucas when he tells you what he thinks Star Wars means?

You're joking, right?
07-23-2012, 12:25 AM,
I think a few things may be going on in this video:

1) This fella is just some indie business owner that got approached with a script and funding if he took credit for the work. He does not seem as impassioned as I would imagine an artist capable of this vision. He seemed far more interested when asked about the machanics of making the film.

2) This is a mash potato Devil's Tower. He made/wrote it. He knows it is important. He knows it means... something.

3) He made/wrote it. He knows exactly what it is. He's spoofing the meanings. He's playing dumb on some of the answers. Maybe he doesn't want to "commit suicide" but wants to get something out.

4) You said it! Calm down Alex. You're getting all Billy Mays on us! Maybe Alex needs to cut back on the caffeine and sit down, shush, and let the guy talk. With his own words.

(07-21-2012, 09:05 AM)Anarchist Wrote: "Yeah, to me, it kinda means something [insert vague adjective]."
Alex: "WELL WHAT ABOUT THIS AND THAT AND IT MEANS THIS FROM WHAT I READ SOMEWHERE!!"
"Yeah, you know, that sounds right, it is kinda like that, umm, yeah."
Alex: "YEAH IT IS LIKE THAT ONE THING AND IT IS AMAZING, GRARAGHRRR!!!"
"Be seeing you!"
07-23-2012, 01:46 AM,
(07-22-2012, 08:54 PM)yeti Wrote:
(07-22-2012, 05:33 PM)Anarchist Wrote:

I guess I'm guilty of "blindly" accepting that he actually created the video. LOL

I already explained that it is pointless to waste time on speculation without evidence.

(07-22-2012, 05:33 PM)Anarchist Wrote: I have no evidence, I am just skeptical.

In my opinion there is far too much going on out there and so little time to combat it that speculating on nonsense is counterproductive.

(07-22-2012, 05:33 PM)Anarchist Wrote: After watching the interview with Alex, he just does not seem to know what his own little film symbolises.

I disagree. Are you confusing his desire to keep interpretations open with confusion about his own work?

(07-22-2012, 05:33 PM)Anarchist Wrote: Perhaps he is telling the truth.

In the absence of evidence otherwise, it is utterly pointless to assume he is not.

(07-22-2012, 05:33 PM)Anarchist Wrote: It is not wise to eliminate possibilities

I completely disagree. Otherwise nothing gets solved or even understood.

(07-22-2012, 05:33 PM)Anarchist Wrote: and there is the possibility that what the "artist" said is a lie.

There is the possibility that the creator is an alien. Both possibilities sound equally ridiculous IMO.

(07-22-2012, 05:33 PM)Anarchist Wrote: Or, perhaps you believe George Lucas when he tells you what he thinks Star Wars means?

You're joking, right?

Again, I have no evidence. It may be counter-productive in your view, but in mine it is very productive to add different viewpoints. The purpose is to encourage other forms of thinking and ways of looking at topics, such as if the guy is genuine about this clip. I do not think he is, as Doomsticks said:

Quote:1) This fella is just some indie business owner that got approached with a script and funding if he took credit for the work. He does not seem as impassioned as I would imagine an artist capable of this vision. He seemed far more interested when asked about the machanics of making the film.

He really does not seem impassioned, and he does not have a solid meaning of the symbols. I could watch the interview again and point out examples, but anyone who watches it would see, he is asked about a certain topic, gives his very passive and reluctant opinion, Alex says "Well, it is kinda like this", which is nothing similar to what he said, and the guy just says "Yeah." and makes up some bologna on the dime to agree with Alex. For someone who put 5 years of work into it, he surely does not care to solidly state what it is. Soft words like "kinda" or "to me" or "a bit" are present whenever he speaks.

As for eliminating possibilities, I thought you more capable of intellectual function. I was referencing to actual possibilities, not ludicrous ones such as him being an alien. Rather than just say "Oh, he said he made it and this is what it means, that is good enough for me!", wonder if maybe he is lying. That is why I mentioned Star Wars, we all know it is full of symbolism, the movie is named after government plans. But George Lucas says something different about it, would you blindly believe him, since he is the creator? Why blindly believe this guy, just because he talked to Alex? It is very possible he was just handed something and told what to do, like music stars these days.

Again, to reiterate a point, I am not claiming he is not the creator, nor am I stating I know his motives. His actions just do not seem to add up, and something smells fishy about the interview. Perhaps it is nothing, but I do not sense passion or genuine behaviour from him.

Hey, think what you want. If you want to believe him, go for it. I have no evidence against him, nor am I really interested in looking around and digging for shreds of info on a guy who purportedly made a video. Things just do not add up completely here.

07-23-2012, 05:12 AM,
(07-23-2012, 01:46 AM)Anarchist Wrote: As for eliminating possibilities, I thought you more capable of intellectual function.

Listen buddy, I can run fucking circles around your so-called intellectual function, OK? I'm not going to bother repeating myself to play your stupid games. Keep up the insults and see where it gets you.
07-23-2012, 07:42 AM,
Quote: I do not think he is, as Doomsticks said:

Quote:1) This fella is just some indie business owner that got approached with a script and funding if he took credit for the work. He does not seem as impassioned as I would imagine an artist capable of this vision. He seemed far more interested when asked about the machanics of making the film.

That was only one of four possibilities and does not sum up my total or even majority attitude towards this interview.

Quote:He really does not seem impassioned, and he does not have a solid meaning of the symbols. I could watch the interview again and point out examples, but anyone who watches it would see, he is asked about a certain topic, gives his very passive and reluctant opinion, Alex says "Well, it is kinda like this", which is nothing similar to what he said, and the guy just says "Yeah." and makes up some bologna on the dime to agree with Alex. For someone who put 5 years of work into it, he surely does not care to solidly state what it is. Soft words like "kinda" or "to me" or "a bit" are present whenever he speaks.

Exactly, I have seen more enthusiasm in a high school student's English Lit oral report. I have seen more passion in a church theatrical production. He doesn't even seem too jazzed about the notoriety his company is gaining, either.

I want to hear from the others involved in this film because this interview makes it seem like it may be more of a group effort with a weak spokesperson that can't wait to get off camera.

I'd like to see someone else interview him. Actually interview him, ask real questions, and shut their damned sprech-hole and let him answer those questions.
"Be seeing you!"

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  "Strict" Preacher Video Dudeman456 0 250 05-28-2014, 09:31 AM
Last Post: Dudeman456
Bug New Die Antwoord Occult Video Released Today! CharliePrime 4 472 05-22-2014, 01:51 PM
Last Post: CharliePrime
  The high life: Private-jet flying, aviator-wearing Buddhist monks captured on video R.R 0 359 06-19-2013, 06:08 PM
Last Post: R.R
  Ke$ha flirts with Illuminati, occult in new video TriWooOx 2 991 11-18-2012, 09:47 AM
Last Post: deathstickboy
  Sunrise to sunset - symbolic interpretation Solve et Coagula 0 214 02-01-2012, 02:55 PM
Last Post: Solve et Coagula
  AMAZING VIDEO: Graham Hancock on the Need for a Massive Shift of Consciousness Solve et Coagula 0 401 08-20-2011, 07:08 PM
  Amazing Video: The Quickening Solve et Coagula 0 337 08-05-2011, 10:04 PM
  Nazi Antichrist Video AlexJonesIsGod 5 1,476 04-02-2011, 05:54 PM
Last Post: skalpsolo
  NDE video that contains the footage I've sought hilly7 2 649 08-20-2010, 02:21 AM
Last Post: hilly7
  Earth Hour 2010 Official video (Climate Change Propaganda) drummer 2 785 03-27-2010, 10:35 PM
Last Post: FastTadpole