Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Suicide - solves none of our problems - quite the opposite
04-08-2012, 12:37 AM,
Suicide - solves none of our problems - quite the opposite
Suicide - solves none of our problems in the spiritual world

Doing away with yourself is not the best way of avoiding challenges and suffering, because things are actually even worse afterwards. Nobody has the right to decide on their own death; it is a desertion, which has to be paid for with further suffering. There is no place above for those who want to leave; they will not be welcomed: they have to wander in the lower regions of the astral plane for as much time as they had left to live on earth.

The attitude of those who decide to put an end to their days reveals great failings in them. Firstly, they are ignorant, since they do not see the purpose of the trials they have to undergo. Next, they are conceited, since they think they know better than heaven the conditions they deserve. Lastly, they are weak, since they cannot bear difficulties. So we have ignorance, conceit and weakness. And heaven is displeased, because they have abandoned their post. Heaven cannot have regard for those who make the decision to do away with themselves, because they are placing themselves above the lords of all destiny, and they will later have to undergo great suffering."

Omraam Mikhael Aivanhov
04-08-2012, 01:52 AM,
RE: Suicide - solves none of our problems - quite the opposite
There appear to be some problems in logic with this quote, but that's not the first time Aivanhov's exercised little foresight in his musings.

If God or these "lords of destiny" looked unfavourably on those committing suicide, they would not merely condemn people who take such actions. Suicide would, instead, be impossible if people were meant to live completely through the amount of pain (physical, emotional or spiritual) involved that would cause one to take their own life.

What arrogance to think one knows all there is to know about the great beyond while living in the very physical shell that effectively separates them from it. True enlightenment is accepting the universe for what it is in all of its dynamic majesty.

And who's to know that suicide is not part of one's assigned path? God (or one of its underlings) may have very well said to a soul before its passing to this plane: "Live through the suffering until this time, and you will then have the courage to separate yourself from the physical plane and return to my love and joy."

Aivanhov makes God out to be some sort of celestial asshole. Freud would have a field day with this particular Bulgarian, me thinks.
Truth appears in many forms. Find those that resonate with you.

- "If we do not believe in freedom of speech for those we despise, we do not believe in it at all." - Noam Chomsky
- "Humans are not a rational animal, but a rationalizing one." - Leon Festinger

http://avaaz.org - The World In Action
04-08-2012, 09:33 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-08-2012, 09:34 PM by Zammo.)
Calling someone that has committed suicide names seems pretty pointless to me. They are gone, they do not care if they are ignorant, conceited or weak.

It is funny how someone can criticise someone's choice for taking their own life, I was always under the impression that every thing happens according to gods will. So if someone has taken their own life, it has god that has given them the power to do it. God also forgives all, so saying that someone that has committed suicide would not be welcome in heaven is placing their own opinion 'above that of the lords of destiny'.

Omraam Mikhael Aivanhov , by his own words, has shown himself to be ignorant of his religion, conceited to think he knows gods will and displays his own weakness with the need to spread fear.
04-09-2012, 04:03 AM,
Zammo: If you're into a mean ol' chuckle, or just want something to get pissed off at, there are other quotes from this guy in other threads. Just search for "Aivanhov".

It's important to keep in mind that not only has Aivanhov snuffed it, but he lived during times when religious tolerance was far, far less than what it is today... oh wait, no, it's about the same, isn't it?

I'd say I became an Atheist because of the mass intolerance, except most Atheists I know are intolerant of alternate views as well. Retaining a philosophy of intolerance seems such a single-minded, fearful state of existence to me.
Truth appears in many forms. Find those that resonate with you.

- "If we do not believe in freedom of speech for those we despise, we do not believe in it at all." - Noam Chomsky
- "Humans are not a rational animal, but a rationalizing one." - Leon Festinger

http://avaaz.org - The World In Action

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Problems of Humanity Solve et Coagula 0 315 06-23-2011, 06:34 AM
Last Post: Solve et Coagula
  Baby survives parents' global warming suicide pact drummer 2 807 03-03-2010, 01:27 AM
Last Post: h3rm35