Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I had a lucid dream last night
03-01-2009, 07:28 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-01-2009, 07:28 PM by ---.)
I was in my bedroom and noticed there was a kind of wooden palette thing leaning against one wall - I thought to myself that isn't right, there's no palette in this room. For some reason I thought to myself that I must be imagining it - I figured that if I closed my eyes tightly and then opened them and it was still there I must be in a dream.

So I closed my eyes tightly and opened them - the palette was still there. I thought to myself, maybe this is a dream then and if it was a dream there was no reason why I couldn't fly - so I thought I'd try it out and sure enough I started to float up in the air - a real weightless feeling - I flew around for a bit and then for some reason came out of the dream and woke up. After I woke up, there was a sense of really feeling gravity and my body felt so heavy in comparison to how it was in the dream.

Unfortunately I couldn't get back into the dream again - I haven't had a lucid dream that I remembered for years. It was absolutely fantastic. Thought I'd share..
03-01-2009, 08:05 PM,
Thats pretty cool, two nights ago I was dreaming and absolutely nothing was going on, so I said to myself that this is one hell of a boring dream and then I woke up lol.
[Image: Palestinian_Dawn_by_Palestinian_Pride.jpg]
03-01-2009, 09:05 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-01-2009, 10:46 PM by ---.)
Quote:Thats pretty cool, two nights ago I was dreaming and absolutely nothing was going on, so I said to myself that this is one hell of a boring dream and then I woke up lol.

LOL. lucid dreaming is pretty out of the ordinary for me - next time you realise you're in a dream and it's boring; my advice would be to try flying :D

I hope I can get into another one soon and try to meet some people or see if I can't fly into orbit and view the Earth :freaked:
03-01-2009, 10:57 PM,
Quote:I was in my bedroom and noticed there was a kind of wooden palette thing leaning against one wall - I thought to myself that isn't right, there's no palette in this room. For some reason I thought to myself that I must be imagining it - I figured that if I closed my eyes tightly and then opened them and it was still there I must be in a dream.

So I closed my eyes tightly and opened them - the palette was still there. I thought to myself, maybe this is a dream then and if it was a dream there was no reason why I couldn't fly - so I thought I'd try it out and sure enough I started to float up in the air - a real weightless feeling - I flew around for a bit and then for some reason came out of the dream and woke up. After I woke up, there was a sense of really feeling gravity and my body felt so heavy in comparison to how it was in the dream.

Unfortunately I couldn't get back into the dream again - I haven't had a lucid dream that I remembered for years. It was absolutely fantastic. Thought I'd share..

I haven't dreamt like this since my best friend died 12 years ago, I miss it sorely :(

But yeah, I used to be able to control my dreams to the extent I could fly and even change the landscape at will (maybe because I was a heavy daydreamer?! who knows..), but it's odd you say you could fly and not make things disappear - one could make up all sorts of psychobabble bullshit and make the whole experience worthless. I find these dreams important (even dear) as I think they are the key to unlocking the latent power of the mind and how we manifest our reality at a subconscious level..

Maybe I'll meet you in orbit;)
reality is a manufactured illusion

Self delusion is all well and good until it catches up with you . . .
03-01-2009, 11:21 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-01-2009, 11:22 PM by ---.)
Quote:
Quote:I was in my bedroom and noticed there was a kind of wooden palette thing leaning against one wall - I thought to myself that isn't right, there's no palette in this room. For some reason I thought to myself that I must be imagining it - I figured that if I closed my eyes tightly and then opened them and it was still there I must be in a dream.

I haven't dreamt like this since my best friend died 12 years ago, I miss it sorely :(

But yeah, I used to be able to control my dreams to the extent I could fly and even change the landscape at will (maybe because I was a heavy daydreamer?! who knows..), but it's odd you say you could fly and not make things disappear - one could make up all sorts of psychobabble bullshit and make the whole experience worthless. I find these dreams important (even dear) as I think they are the key to unlocking the latent power of the mind and how we manifest our reality at a subconscious level..

Maybe I'll meet you in orbit;)

I really effing hope I can repeat the experience more regularly because it was awesome. In terms of the pallette - I guess I used it as a measure as to whether I was in the dream state or not - after I clocked that I truly was, I didn't pay any attention to it - my priority was immediately to be able to fly!!! lol I reckon I could have made it morph or vanish - what have you - if I'd put my mind to it, as flying was a doddle lol

It was a blessing that dream as the last one I had was fairly gnarly and I thought my subconscious had blocked out the option after it.

It could be that the brain did indeed preclude you from accessing them due to the trauma. Like those who lose visual memory after a harrowing experience or something. I guess you'd need to start telling your subconscious it's okay to go there again or something. If you used to be able to access the state easily - you should defo try and get to it again (imo)

Today, I have been re-reading Oupensky's stuff about the hypnogogic state ( I had a phase of reading a lot about lucid dreaming a few years back) - As I remembered it, it is one of the most accessible methods in which to work toward the lucid dreamstate...

GL, yeah, hopefully we'll see us out there some day lol
03-01-2009, 11:57 PM,
Since the trauma, the closest experience I've had to lucid dreaming is astral projection. It actually ties in with the hypnagogic state too imo, as my meditation was soporific! Instead of me wanting to fly during AP, I was close to crapping myself and came back to earth:LOL:

03-02-2009, 12:02 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-02-2009, 12:47 AM by ---.)
getting the astral squits?:LOL:

what was so unsettling about it?
03-02-2009, 04:17 AM,
Quote:
Quote:Thats pretty cool, two nights ago I was dreaming and absolutely nothing was going on, so I said to myself that this is one hell of a boring dream and then I woke up lol.

LOL. lucid dreaming is pretty out of the ordinary for me - next time you realise you're in a dream and it's boring; my advice would be to try flying :D

I hope I can get into another one soon and try to meet some people or see if I can't fly into orbit and view the Earth :freaked:
The thing is, every time I realize I am dreaming (it happens often), I wake up right away. I havent been able to control one in like a year, its easier the younger you are I heard. Theres certain brainwave sounds you can listen to, to help give you a better chance to lucid dream, but I never tried it.

Astral projection never worked for me, I tried everything and even had my body get tickly as I swirl into the subconsious mind, but I return too quickly lol.
03-02-2009, 08:18 AM,
Quote:getting the astral squits?:LOL:

what was so unsettling about it?
Astral squits lol

It's one thing to know you can fly in (and control) your dreams, but when put to the test in AP I bottled it. The experience was unnerving and very "real" to me which came as a shock I guess. I should have tried AP under guidance, not rush in like the fool that I was. If I were to analyse it further, then I'd say that the dream state is like rehearsing for the likes of AP et al and perhaps I got stage fright..

I've only done light meditation since..

03-02-2009, 08:27 AM,
Can I ask how you were able to AP yourself exactly Serfer? Ive always wanted to try it.
03-02-2009, 08:38 AM,

You guys have all kinds of cool dreams and I can't get jack sheet. What you using to get those dreams or what pills you take?

Unite The Many, defeat the few.

Revolution is for the love of your people, culture, knowledge, wisdom, spirit, and peace. Not Greed!
Soul Rebel Native Son

http://video.google.ca/videoplay?docid=277...enous&hl=en
03-02-2009, 10:25 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-02-2009, 11:10 AM by rsol.)
masterMG the trick i used to find working was not to "try" and take control from the get go. If you first write down what your dreams were, over the weeks just keep trying to remember your dreams. This will train the subconscious to take more notice when in this state.

As you begin to take more and more notice of your dream you will wake up less and less as your body says " i dont care if you have noticed im staying asleep" This is the next expected phase. You should be able to remember your dreams more vividly and find writing them down easier.

If you can get yourself to this point then only patience is required from that point. Just remember that the moment you try too hard is the moment you feel gravity taking effect again. Its like a small bird on the lawn, observe but just dont approach it too fast. Once its used to you, it should sit on your shoulder, metaphorically speaking....

I used to be very much into this when i was younger. i dont really "need" it any more i suppose. nowadays i concentrate on deep sleep. dont want to think:) problem with lucid dreams is, they tend not to be good for a good nights sleep.

Astral projection is one and the same as lucid dreaming in my book. maybe thats just me, meditation is merely a lucid dream state while staving off rem/deep sleep. I think they are all leaves falling from the same branch.

serfers unnerving experience comes from meditation. This is where your mind decides gravity is for kids. It tends to "feel" as though you have just fallen through a trap door. It can cause a sense of panic very much like anyone would feel falling through a trap door. This is the "sense of weightlessness" ppl talk about.

The trick with meditative entry is this can be a very rapid change to the conscious mind. Try to regulate your breathing while this goes on. the "descent" can be slowed through a steady intake of oxygen. Sometimes when we try for these states we can "forget" to breath.

Drugs? well its not recommended by those who do it all the time. However, mushrooms are very good for aiding this state. Also really nice hash. This is all bad for the natural meditation expert. If you drink alcohol then simply forget it, you'll just end up blowing your guts out.

With lucid dreaming, its always going to be hit and miss, you dont always have your wits about you. sleep is for sleep. Although, its good training for meditation and can also present you with some questions about yourself. Pay attention while you're there!
03-02-2009, 06:01 PM,
How exciting nik! :crazy: I'm happy for you! That feeling is fantastic isn't it? Thanks for sharing!!!
I've done the same thing on 3 occasions..... where i realized that i was dreaming and decided to fly! I have flown in dreams for as long as i can remember. Some of my childhood lucid flying dreams I can still remember as if they were last night.

Interesting that your's have stopped since your friend died Serfer. :bored: It's also amazing to me that you used to be able to change the landscape! Very cool!

I had an ex die in Iraq a couple years ago. Since he died.... he's in my dreams constantly. Just hangin out..... having a good time..... but he's always there. Leaves me with a good feeling.

I haven't studied lucid dreaming or AP....... and “not trying” has always been the key for me.

Besides the positive dreams, i wouldn't be surprised if i'm not the only one here that's had some seriously intense, BAD, armageddon type lucid dreams. you share yours, and i'll share mine! B)

Have any of you ever died in a lucid or regular dream?
03-02-2009, 06:53 PM,
Quote:Can I ask how you were able to AP yourself exactly Serfer? Ive always wanted to try it.

The way for me was deep meditation and I used a basic mantra by repeating "cosmos". I was told deep meditation should be extremely focused and not to deviate your thoughts to mundane concepts. I focused on the milky way and imagined myself travelling through it and within 90 mins or so I was floating above myself.

From my experience, I have to advise you think hard before you try what I did. I literally dived in at the deep end not knowing what to expect. IMO its best to ask a far more experienced guide in this matter. Just be careful, the power of the mind and the imagination are far stronger than we are led to believe.

03-02-2009, 07:15 PM,
Quote:Astral projection is one and the same as lucid dreaming in my book. maybe thats just me, meditation is merely a lucid dream state while staving off rem/deep sleep. I think they are all leaves falling from the same branch.

serfers unnerving experience comes from meditation. This is where your mind decides gravity is for kids. It tends to "feel" as though you have just fallen through a trap door. It can cause a sense of panic very much like anyone would feel falling through a trap door. This is the "sense of weightlessness" ppl talk about.

From what I experienced AP is far different from lucid dreaming; lucid dreaming for me was a construct of the imagination that felt real but knowing one is in the dream state; with AP I was conscious of my body, conscious of my body breathing even though my mind was 5 feet above.. In regards to gravity, it felt irrelevant to my experience. There was no sense of weightlessness, the only resistance I experienced was "the umbilical cord effect" lol. I've been told that this effect is a precaution so that the unwitting and inexperienced (like myself) dont go getting lost.. It sounds corny, doesn't it?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Brief Dream peragrate 1 493 04-06-2012, 10:06 AM
Last Post: peragrate
  In terrifying big rig crash last night. Guest 20 2,563 09-09-2009, 08:44 AM
Last Post: Ratiocinator
  Prostitutes turn models for a night in Rio fashion show --- 0 420 09-01-2009, 07:25 PM
Last Post: ---
  A Dream I had tonight hilly7 0 417 08-24-2009, 09:17 AM
Last Post: hilly7
  Good News for Night Owls --- 3 652 04-27-2009, 02:53 AM
Last Post: mastermg
  hey we can dream waxzy 2 570 11-06-2008, 08:35 PM
Last Post: Hans Olo
  NIGHT OF THE LIVING JEWS Weyland 3 827 11-03-2008, 05:03 AM
Last Post: harmonius
  happy birthday night! blove8. 0 373 12-12-2007, 02:14 AM
Last Post: blove8.
  Savage is lucky I wasn't last night's caller... Guest 9 1,012 10-28-2007, 03:10 PM
Last Post: hilly7
  They Come at Night and Murder the Monks hardboiled11 6 844 10-08-2007, 02:03 AM
Last Post: GeneralSpecific