Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Im not even sure these people are for real?
02-03-2012, 06:47 AM,
Im not even sure these people are for real?
Wtf, not a good advert for religion!

http://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=24598
06-22-2012, 09:36 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-22-2012, 09:38 PM by nwo2012.)
RE: Im not even sure these people are for real?
Sorry to dig up my old thread but was bored on nightshift and still wanted someone's (anyone's) opinion if they are bring sarcastic or if there really are fuckwits like these out there?
Also just realized I put up the wrong link last time.

http://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=68675
06-22-2012, 10:49 PM,
Yes, those fucking morons are real. I see it all the time living in the US south, a.k.a., The Bible Belt. Apparently many who choose to believe myths as truths forgo some part of their reasoning and then will believe any kind of stupid shit. That website is what happens when people choose to overlook inconsistencies and contradictions in favor of being relieved of personal responsibility and logical thinking.
“Today’s scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after
equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality. ” -Nikola Tesla

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." -Jimi Hendrix
06-23-2012, 12:36 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-23-2012, 12:43 AM by h3rm35.)
Southern Baptists can be pretty fucking insane. Shit - these people trademarked "True Christian."

You guys should check this one out for a laugh in refutation of this insanity, though - absolutely the funniest shit I've ever seen on the web!
[Image: header_dougie%20copy.jpg]
Let There Be Retards
[Image: conspiracy_theory.jpg]
06-23-2012, 06:10 AM,
I find it particularly amusing that these God-fearing individuals, while pointing out attempts to control minds via subliminal messages, would themselves use repetition and/of scare tactics to control minds.

Word of advice: when you see this bullshit, move on if you don't want to get emotionally aroused by it.
Truth appears in many forms. Find those that resonate with you.

- "If we do not believe in freedom of speech for those we despise, we do not believe in it at all." - Noam Chomsky
- "Humans are not a rational animal, but a rationalizing one." - Leon Festinger

http://avaaz.org - The World In Action
06-23-2012, 07:51 AM,
...or read "let there be retards" again - it never gets old.
06-23-2012, 04:41 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-23-2012, 04:42 PM by CharliePrime.)
(06-22-2012, 09:36 PM)nwo2012 Wrote: ...wanted someone's (anyone's) opinion if they are bring sarcastic or if there really are fuckwits like these out there?

I first saw this website http://www.landoverbaptist.org about eleven years ago.

Employing ridicule and satire to harm your opponent has a long and rich history.

Read this primer on how to do it...

http://atheism.about.com/od/atheistactivism/tp/RulesRadicalsAtheistsAlinksy.htm

Quote:6. Use Ridicule and Mockery

"Ridicule is man's most potent weapon."

...First, satirists have known for centuries that humor, satire, and mockery can cut through a lot of BS and reveal truths that would otherwise be covered over by needlessly complex arguments. Getting your message across quickly and simply counts for a lot.

Second, the more you encourage people to laugh derisively at some organization or institution, the less they will take it seriously. This will reduce that group's social, political, and cultural power over time.

Third, it's difficult to effectively counter ridicule. It's not amenable to logical counter-arguments.

Finally, ridicule might make your opponent lose their cool, scoring you sympathy points in the court of public opinion.
06-24-2012, 07:04 AM,
your point being?
07-02-2012, 11:21 PM,
Labeling that crack pot cult of a church "Christian" is like labeling the pope a protestant.
Its fringe groups like that that give you all ammunition to attack true Christianity even though you all do not have the slightest clue what true Christianity is.
You attack televangelist and fraud faith healers thinking you won some kind of victory over true Christianity.
True Christians are not snake oil salesman faith healers and will not have anything to do with them.
[Image: israelbanner.jpg]
07-03-2012, 04:40 PM,
By far the majority of all Christians cant be true christians because the religion was hijacked centuries ago, and all the supposed true christians that think they know what they believe are actually just following along with what they're told by their pastor or preacher, or other so called "believers"
"Listen to everyone, read everything, believe nothing unless you can prove it in your own research"
~William Cooper

DTTNWO!
07-03-2012, 11:06 PM,
careful now, you're using a registered trademark...

wasn't Christ a faith-healer?
07-04-2012, 05:50 AM,

I think by faith healers he means these guys, awesome documentary done on debunking them. Why else do they never heal someone missing an arm, or any other physical injury?
Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats. - Henry L. Mencken

I believe that it is better to tell the truth than a lie. I believe it is better to be free than to be a slave. And I believe it is better to know than to be ignorant. - Henry L. Mencken
07-05-2012, 01:45 AM,
(07-03-2012, 11:06 PM)h3rm35 Wrote: careful now, you're using a registered trademark...

wasn't Christ a faith-healer?

No.
Yeshuah was God
[Image: israelbanner.jpg]
08-01-2012, 08:32 PM,
"Sweet merciful savior! I knew Harry Potter was bad but I had no idea. I am going to go to Movie Posters.com and buy every Harry Potter poster I can afford, have them shipped to my house priority mail and then burn them myself."

lollersk8z

Send some more cash, pls. k thx

lol (again)
08-02-2012, 08:00 AM,
(08-01-2012, 08:32 PM)iwilliam Wrote: "Sweet merciful savior! I knew Harry Potter was bad but I had no idea. I am going to go to Movie Posters.com and buy every Harry Potter poster I can afford, have them shipped to my house priority mail and then burn them myself."

lollersk8z

Send some more cash, pls. k thx

lol (again)

hehehehe....

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mother Theresa's Masochism: Does Religion Demand Suffering to Keep People Passive? mexika 2 858 04-30-2013, 02:23 PM
Last Post: Watchdog
  Heaven Is Real: A Doctor’s Experience With the Afterlife drummer 0 656 10-09-2012, 06:59 PM
Last Post: drummer
  The Real Unity of All Religions Solve et Coagula 0 565 01-30-2012, 12:10 AM
Last Post: Solve et Coagula
  The Afterlife Is Real - Science Confirms Life After Death Exists Solve et Coagula 2 1,450 08-08-2011, 08:19 AM
Last Post: FastTadpole
  The Dawn of Aquarius: A New People, A New Consciousness, A New Era Solve et Coagula 0 737 08-02-2011, 10:28 PM
  How To Stop Absorbing Other People’s Negative Emotions Solve et Coagula 0 787 01-19-2011, 08:37 PM
  The Dawn of Aquarius: A New People, A New Consciousness, A New Era Solve et Coagula 0 684 06-25-2010, 11:18 PM
  cause of powerful spiritual experiences from people “brought back from the dead"? h3rm35 13 3,598 06-03-2010, 05:49 AM
Last Post: ---
  Gnome Tomtens, Duendes, Little People, Trolls, dwarves eggplant 0 917 10-27-2009, 10:51 PM
Last Post: eggplant
  The Dawn of Aquarius: A New People, A New Consciousness, A New Era Solve et Coagula 0 688 06-05-2009, 08:09 PM