Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PDroid, stops your android from leaking information
01-25-2012, 05:24 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-27-2012, 01:40 PM by Telecaster72.)
PDroid, stops your android from leaking information
I just stumbled over this one, will try it when i have the time.

Before you start patching, take a look at the developers thread at xda-developers:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1357056

I don't know if it works on vanilla Android, it's made for Cyanogen Mod originally, and there is really no reason to run Google-infested Android anyway...

You can get Cyanogen here, there is tons of info on how to flash the new OS on to your phone in their forum, or just goog...sorry, search engine it Wink
There is of course many other mod's than Cyanogen, i run Ginger Stir Fry and it runs much faster than the original that came with my phone. I will try Cyanogen soon so i can get privatized Wink

There is always a chance that tinkering with your phone will render it unusable, but hey, this is the Nerds & Geeks section...don't say i didn't warn you!

Anyway, here is some info on PDroid copied from their site:

Quote:PDroid – The Better Privacy Protection

If you’re the sort of of person that is concerned about access to your private data when downloading and installing applications on your Android device, be it from the official Andorid Market or not, you might be interested in XDA forum member svyat‘s application.

PDroid allows control over access for any installed application to your private data. This includes:

* Device ID (IMEI/MEID/ESN)
* Subscriber ID (IMSI)
* SIM Serial (ICCID)
* Phone and mailbox number
* Incoming call number
* Outgoing call number
* GPS location
* Network location
* List of accounts
* Account auth tokens
* Contacts
* Call logs
* Calendar
* SMS
* MMS
* Browser bookmarks and history
* System logs
* SIM info (operator, country)
* Network info (operator, country)

Note that applications do not crash when access to private data is blocked and no background service is needed. The app should have no impact on battery life or performance. To use the app, you’ll need to download and install the relevant patch before installing the app.
For more information, head on over to application thread. PDroid is available for download free in the Android Market.
"If you bring forth what is within you, what you bring forth will save you. If you do not bring forth what is within you, what you do not bring forth will destroy you."
- The Gospel of Thomas

I think I am, therefore I am, i think...
- George Carlin

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information 'Over half' of Android devices have unpatched holes h3rm35 9 1,783 11-24-2012, 12:54 AM
Last Post: whodunit
  Android Trojan captures credit card details (Spoken or typed) drummer 0 670 02-01-2011, 10:47 PM
Last Post: drummer
  5 Interesting Facts About Android ragamuffin 2 2,065 12-30-2010, 08:55 PM
Last Post: MasterChiefa
  $2600 Magazine Information - ASCII Big Brother Doesn't Want You To See joeblowman 3 1,473 05-18-2008, 05:00 PM
Last Post: Hans Olo
  From The Wilderness(micheal Rupperts Website) Stops Opererations Permanetly. Chauchey 0 654 12-11-2006, 07:55 AM
Last Post: Chauchey