Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
YouTube Gets New Video Editing Features
09-17-2011, 01:56 PM,
YouTube Gets New Video Editing Features
11:00 PM - September 15, 2011 - By Jane McEntegart

Avid YouTubers will be pleased to hear the video-sharing website has added a few nifty editing features to the site's upload tool.

YouTube has come a long way since the days of shaky home movies. Today, the company took another big step, adding an editing suite that allows users to edit their videos after they've uploaded them.

"Until now, when you uploaded to YouTube, your video was hosted and shared, but couldn’t really be changed. If you wanted to trim off the end, swap out the soundtrack, or add an effect, you had to edit your video using a separate program and upload again," said YouTube's John Gregg. "Starting today, you can edit your uploaded videos right on YouTube and maintain the same video IDs. This means you keep your view count and comments, and all existing links to your video will continue to work. No re-uploading necessary!"

The most significant addition is probably the ability to stabilize your hand-held footage. We've all experienced those shaky cell phone camera videos that make you feel sea-sick, so this should be a welcome addition even to those who aren't doing the editing and uploading. After that comes color correction (including an "I'm Feeling Lucky" one-click color correction button), and then filters and effects that should appeal to Instagram users.

Check out the new tools in the videos below:

http://www.tomsguide.com/us/YouTube-video-Editing-Filter-Stabilize-Color-Correction,news-12535.html

“Everything Popular Is Wrong” - Oscar Wilde
09-18-2011, 10:45 AM,
RE: YouTube Gets New Video Editing Features
This is probably another Google tactic to enforce its control over people. Videos are probably already watermarked with subliminal messaging, pumped out to millions upon millions of users. And now we get "editing"? What kind of "editing" is it really? Is the colour ("colour" is spelled with a U, by the way) correction system intended to adjust skin tones so everyone looks the same? Hitler wanted to make everyone the same, as have other crazy people in history (particularly media and advertising).

Google also implemented the anti-shake feature so it's easier to track suspect objects and blot them out slightly. They're trying, in essence, to cover up UFO activity so the U.S. can go ahead with its "fake alien invasion" strategy while people are none the wiser.

This reeks of corruption. Thanks for bringing our attention to this tripe, drummer. Now I have to close this tab because I'm sure seeing the video frame in the corner of my eye while typing this is already having an impact on my thought processes. Time to put on the old aluminum foil glasses.
Truth appears in many forms. Find those that resonate with you.

- "If we do not believe in freedom of speech for those we despise, we do not believe in it at all." - Noam Chomsky
- "Humans are not a rational animal, but a rationalizing one." - Leon Festinger

http://avaaz.org - The World In Action
09-18-2011, 07:34 PM,
RE: YouTube Gets New Video Editing Features
All it says to me is "generic" and "oh, that's so clearly a youtube video". It will only serve to limit people ability to do things for themselves, to learn and to adapt. The only reason I haven't done more editing wise myself is that I need the time to learn to programs needed and slowly enhance my skills. You won't see me resorting to the "fast food" version of editing though, lol.
"He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked." -- 1 John 2:6
"Whatever affects one directly, affects all indirectly... This is the interrelated structure of reality." -- Martin Luther King Jr.
"He that answereth a matter before he heareth it, it is folly and shame unto him." -- Proverbs 18:13
"Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself." -- Leo Tolstoy
"To love is to be vulnerable" -- C.S Lewis

The Kingdom of God is within you! -- Luke 17:20-21

https://duckduckgo.com/

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Have I been banned from YouTube ?. rockingtheboat 2 357 04-11-2014, 02:52 AM
Last Post: stiffy
  Video Streaming Sites RaFTertheONE 3 500 06-07-2013, 12:04 PM
Last Post: CharliePrime
  Google blocks MP3 rippers from UTube: YouTube-mp3.com calls for help from pirates... h3rm35 11 2,001 07-01-2012, 01:58 AM
Last Post: h3rm35
Video Viewing & Sharing YouTube, Google and Other Streaming Video via BitTorrent and DVD FastTadpole 3 1,062 08-08-2011, 01:42 AM
Last Post: FastTadpole
  Introduction to Computer Science and Programming - Video Lectures drummer 0 984 01-24-2011, 12:00 AM
Last Post: drummer
Smile 2 minute YouTube on the future of screens and monitors solar 0 572 10-02-2010, 02:16 PM
Last Post: solar
  Animated GIF Music Video Compilation FastTadpole 0 612 09-13-2010, 01:58 PM
Last Post: FastTadpole
  YouTube Launches Charts to Rank Top Web Videos drummer 0 522 08-21-2010, 01:54 PM
Last Post: drummer
  Converting Video To A Burnable File Type? Echo 19 2,464 04-14-2007, 05:28 AM
Last Post: Day