Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another stupid question. Is there a thread here about GOLD and Silver investments?
08-18-2011, 09:53 AM,
Another stupid question. Is there a thread here about GOLD and Silver investments?
Just let me know?
In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird. Now the world is weird and people take Prozac to make it normal.

As a reputed atheist, the reverential nature of his film was surprising, but Pasolini himself said &If you know that I am an unbeliever, then you know me better than I do myself. I may be an unbeliever, but I am an unbeliever who has a nostalgia for a belief.&

[Image: Copyofsoldier2.jpg]
08-19-2011, 12:51 AM,
RE: Another stupid question. Is there a thread here about GOLD and Silver investments?
Now there is. What do you want to talk about?
08-19-2011, 10:49 PM,
RE: Another stupid question. Is there a thread here about GOLD and Silver investments?
Oh I just wanted to see what everybody else thought about the subject. And to see the usual advantages and disadvantages and comentary.
In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird. Now the world is weird and people take Prozac to make it normal.

As a reputed atheist, the reverential nature of his film was surprising, but Pasolini himself said &If you know that I am an unbeliever, then you know me better than I do myself. I may be an unbeliever, but I am an unbeliever who has a nostalgia for a belief.&

[Image: Copyofsoldier2.jpg]
08-19-2011, 11:36 PM,
Plenty of Threads on Gold.

Search > Gold > Search in Title > 100+ threads

Including one I've been contributing to for awhile and I'm processing some research now on some historical fluctuations.

Basically

> The gold market is manipulated and most of it in the hands of the few
> IMF is anti-gold
> Deflation (which we are in in our economic loop/tier) will make its use as a store of value moot.
> Paper gold is manipulated
> Real gold is sometimes Tungsten
> It does have merit as a mineral

Deflation or Inflation? When Will the Price of Gold Plummet?
http://concen.org/forum/showthread.php?tid=33668
There are no others, there is only us.
http://FastTadpole.com/
08-20-2011, 12:25 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-20-2011, 12:36 PM by Hans Olo.)
Photo  RE: Another stupid question. Is there a thread here about GOLD and Silver investments?
- The gold market is manipulated and most of it in the hands of the few

Every market is manipulated. What are you saying, if it weren't for the manipulation, would the price of gold be higher or cheaper, relative to the dollar? The correct answer is, much, much higher. Do you agree?

> IMF is anti-gold

Correct, that's why they are called International MONETARY Fund. Money they can control, gold, they can't. By the way, if you ask your bank if you should invest in gold, that's the same as asking your car dealer if you should ride the bike more. Or asking your gun dealer about pacifism.

> Deflation (which we are in in our economic loop/tier) will make its use as a store of value moot.

If you truly had deflation that would be true. But as long as the US is printing lots and lots of money, that's inflation. That's why the price of gold is rising. The money supply is growing, prices are rising. That's inflation.

> Paper gold is manipulated

Everything is manipulated.

> Real gold is sometimes Tungsten

No, only real gold is gold. Tungsten is not gold. Tungsten is Tungsten.
08-20-2011, 03:24 PM,
I agree with Hans that we will be having inflation as opposed to deflation. They have no other choice, if they raise the record low interest rates in the US the debt on treasuries will increase as well. I read your other threads on this subject, and yes, deflation would help the rich, but that's an option that they don't really have at this point. We're going to have more stimulus before we have any deflation as the world slides back into recession.
08-20-2011, 05:46 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-20-2011, 05:47 PM by Mike_Smith.)
(08-20-2011, 03:24 PM)Nokturnal Wrote: I agree with Hans that we will be having inflation as opposed to deflation.

Looking at the Dow, TSE, S&P et alia, we are having deflation. All their numbers plummet daily.

How is that deflation? Stockmarkets have "points" and those points are based on a dollar value... which are falling.

Of course QE1,2,3 etc etc are inflationary.

I can`t explain it that well, but to see why deflation will preceed noticable (hyper) inflation to the consumer, please see the 2 vid links I posted in the facebook group about $20000 gold.

08-20-2011, 06:13 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-20-2011, 06:14 PM by Hans Olo.)
Deflation would help the rich? Let's put it this way: inflation rewards debt, deflation rewards savings. If you are deeply in debt, and many smart 'rich people', big corporations and even countries are in debt, then inflation is good for you. If you have savings and no debt on the other hand, if you have managed your money wisely, if you have been underconsuming and saving, then deflation is good for you, because your savings appreciate over time. If you're working for wages like the average Joe Sixpack, then deflation is good for you, because your earnings become more valuable over time, giving you an effective pay raise every month.

Now what kind of economy do you want to have, one where savings are rewarded or one where debt and consumption is rewarded? And more specifically, in a country where there is way too much debt and not enough savings, which road would you want to take.
08-20-2011, 06:39 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-20-2011, 06:40 PM by Mike_Smith.)
Hans, as the Money Masters film clearly demonstrates, and as most of us realise, the rich will capitalize on inflation and deflation to their own advantage.

Most of us here may not be rich, but there`s no reason we can`t play the same game on a smaller scale to OUR advantage.
08-21-2011, 12:40 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-21-2011, 12:43 AM by Hans Olo.)
That is correct, thanks for reminding me. They can use the ups and downs to their advantage. For example when they aquire cheap debt in order to buy up all the income producing assets and then watch their debt inflate away over time while rents rise. Then all they had to do is get out of the market before the bubble popped.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Tongue Federal Reserve refused to allow Germans to see Gold CharliePrime 5 734 01-29-2014, 01:33 AM
Last Post: Watchdog
Thumbs Up Gold headed to $5,000 CharliePrime 0 392 01-08-2013, 12:11 PM
Last Post: CharliePrime
  GOLD is a Barbeque Relish CharliePrime 1 508 09-17-2012, 01:28 AM
Last Post: Anarchist
  You can't eat gold bristopen 10 1,407 06-04-2012, 11:38 PM
Last Post: h3rm35
  South Carolina Approves Gold and Silver as Money April 0 458 04-10-2012, 05:37 AM
Last Post: April
  This gold bar is worth its weight in … tungsten — corruption knocks on every door icosaface 1 1,151 03-26-2012, 09:30 PM
Last Post: Sovereignman
Question Deflation or Inflation? When Will the Price of Gold Plummet? FastTadpole 66 15,401 03-08-2012, 09:46 AM
Last Post: FastTadpole
  Invasion of Libya was About Gaddafi’s Plan to Introduce Gold Dinar yeti 0 614 10-24-2011, 03:32 PM
Last Post: yeti
  buying silver Maldoror 15 1,835 10-06-2011, 08:55 AM
Last Post: Maldoror
  The Federal Reserve Is Selling Paper Gold and Buying Physical Gold Solve et Coagula 0 342 06-27-2011, 01:11 PM
Last Post: Solve et Coagula