Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can anyone give me some input on why Dave Chappelle left his show?
07-25-2011, 05:13 PM,

Was it about 911?
07-25-2011, 05:30 PM,
RE: Can anyone give me some input on why Dave Chappelle left his show?
he got sick of the game. and he never expected to be so famous, he didn't like the fame.

course there was also the realization that his shit was funny for different reasons depending on who watched it and some of those were folks he despises. He has often been quoted saying he's got enough cash and so "they" ain't got no hold on him, now was he meaning the net work's threat to not let him ever have a show again if he walked..... or was it "they"

though curious to hear any spin on the 911 and dave any wacky minds here may have.
Remember Knowledge is the only thing THEY can't take from you, and Knowledge is Know how, and Know how is Power!!!

Live long and Prosper!!!! Have a plan beyond words, and worry not of why the storm is coming as to how you're going to survive in it!!!!

Deathanyl @gmail!!!!!!
07-25-2011, 09:27 PM,
I hear he didn't have enough time for WoW.
08-10-2011, 09:09 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-10-2011, 09:12 AM by Infinite.)
Besides the pressure of being such a big star, I think he also might have gotten sick of always being seen as a joker and not a serious person. Some things he's said from time to time have given me that impression. I don't think it went much deeper than that as far as conspiratorial shit. There's the one video of him on Oprah saying that there might be a conspiracy from Hollywood to emasculate black men by dressing them in drag but I don't know, a lot of black people can be paranoid about shit like that honestly in my opinion. Probably cause there really has been things like the Tuskeegee Experiment. But as far as comedians in drag what about Robin Williams in that Mrs. Doubtfire role? There's been plenty of white guys dressed as women in things too.

He's still insanely funny, I wish he would do more material whether it's a show or stand-up. A few years ago he did some stand-up that was taped at the Laugh Factory place in Los Angeles and it was hysterical, the clips are on youtube.
08-10-2011, 04:46 PM,
(08-10-2011, 09:09 AM)Infinite Wrote: There's the one video of him on Oprah saying that there might be a conspiracy from Hollywood to emasculate black men by dressing them in drag but I don't know, a lot of black people can be paranoid about shit like that honestly in my opinion. Probably cause there really has been things like the Tuskeegee Experiment. But as far as comedians in drag what about Robin Williams in that Mrs. Doubtfire role? There's been plenty of white guys dressed as women in things too.

He touches on something there.

Lenon Honor makes a great case for this social engineering of the black man through culture, movies and music in this documentary.

Hip Hop, The Hidden Hand & The Degradation of Black Masculinity
http://www.lenonhonorfilms.com/videodownloadpage.html (bottom of page)

There are no others, there is only us.
http://FastTadpole.com/
08-10-2011, 07:37 PM,
I always thought it was based on the regret for some of his racial humor, mainly the "fairy" skit from the final season.
08-10-2011, 07:59 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-10-2011, 08:27 PM by SiLVa.)
I thought this was great interview of him on Inside the Actors Studio. He touches on it around 22:30 when he mentions Africa, which is where he went after leaving the show. This was after a long hiatus and him avoiding the media so he has a bunch of good moments in this interview touching on how he felt about what happened, some behind the scenes info and how people called him crazy or what not.
Wish I could find a better quality but here ya go...
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2787517403276391321#

imo, he was just disgusted with "hollywood". He didnt like the way they tried to control his ideas and change his vision to suit a commercial agenda.
"Listen to everyone, read everything, believe nothing unless you can prove it in your own research"
~William Cooper

DTTNWO!
08-11-2011, 08:43 AM,
pretty much what i said in the second post. Confused guess you folks thought the poster was illiterate Signs025
Remember Knowledge is the only thing THEY can't take from you, and Knowledge is Know how, and Know how is Power!!!

Live long and Prosper!!!! Have a plan beyond words, and worry not of why the storm is coming as to how you're going to survive in it!!!!

Deathanyl @gmail!!!!!!
08-12-2011, 03:01 PM,
(08-11-2011, 08:43 AM)Deathaniel Wrote: pretty much what i said in the second post. Confused guess you folks thought the poster was illiterate Signs025

As far as I know, he wasnt only asking you, and your opinion is only part of the story. Nothing wrong with others adding more info as well as their own perspectives. That bother you?
"Listen to everyone, read everything, believe nothing unless you can prove it in your own research"
~William Cooper

DTTNWO!
08-12-2011, 06:57 PM,
naugh... just found it amusing... and as he didn't require more follow up just seems he probably took what was given and researched it him/herself.

Deathanyl @gmail!!!!!!
08-17-2011, 05:28 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-17-2011, 05:30 AM by BaBaYaGa.)
(08-10-2011, 04:46 PM)FastTadpole Wrote:
(08-10-2011, 09:09 AM)Infinite Wrote: There's the one video of him on Oprah saying that there might be a conspiracy from Hollywood to emasculate black men by dressing them in drag but I don't know, a lot of black people can be paranoid about shit like that honestly in my opinion. Probably cause there really has been things like the Tuskeegee Experiment. But as far as comedians in drag what about Robin Williams in that Mrs. Doubtfire role? There's been plenty of white guys dressed as women in things too.

He touches on something there.

Lenon Honor makes a great case for this social engineering of the black man through culture, movies and music in this documentary.

Hip Hop, The Hidden Hand & The Degradation of Black Masculinity
http://www.lenonhonorfilms.com/videodownloadpage.html (bottom of page)

Not sure if Lenon Honor mentions this, but I've heard that Chappelle didn't want to join the "Boule" society, which is supposedly a group of the most elite black people in America.

What the actual deal was, I don't know. On the one hand, I think we have to remember that Chappelle had already been in Hollywood a long time. If he didn't like what Hollywood was about, he wouldn't have stayed in it for so long. When an actor is working his way up through the ranks like that, he obviously doesn't have much power and has to do what "they" tell him to do. As Chappelle's career was progressing, he was obviously gaining MORE (not less) control--at least, to an extent.

He was, however, poised on superstardom on a whole other level. His show was getting so popular and influential, he obviously would have become one of the most important black people in the world. He was at a superstar level way more than someone like a Chris Tucker or a Wayans brother. He was about to hit Eddie-Murphy-in-his-prime level influence, as far as black comedians go. (And look what happened to Eddie Murphy after that point. He was pretty much destroyed and/or emasculated and tamed.)

What made him back away obviously has something to do with what happens to a person when they get to the door of that level of fame. Maybe it's partially a conspiracy (maybe the Boule really does force someone to degrade themselves and give themselves to the secret society in order to be let into that level), or maybe he just simply got overwhelmed with the prospect of that much fame and influence.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Thumbs Up Daniel Ellsberg and the Establishment Left CharliePrime 1 321 07-19-2013, 11:06 PM
Last Post: mexika
  Secret papers show extent of senior royals' veto over bills R.R 10 1,081 02-06-2013, 12:46 PM
Last Post: Valthrax
  Glenn Beck Show Hilariously Mocks Alex Jones Fawning Over Charlie Sheen - IMG INT Negentropic 17 6,592 11-17-2012, 12:19 PM
Last Post: Negentropic
  Ron Paul & Joe Rogan on the Tonight Show w/ Jay Leno Solve et Coagula 0 434 12-17-2011, 09:11 PM
Last Post: Solve et Coagula
  The Problem With The Truth Movement's Supposedly Not Being Left or Right Infinite 18 2,692 03-02-2011, 10:42 AM
Last Post: yeti
  This new LAW sucks!! Drivers Forced to Give Blood Samples if They Refuse Breathalyzer Weyland 7 2,460 01-12-2011, 08:00 PM
Last Post: Dunamis
  5 Nations Left Without A Rothschild Controlled Central Bank: Iran; North Korea; Sudan; Cuba; And Libya Solve et Coagula 13 6,905 01-03-2011, 05:11 AM
Last Post: Umbrellaman
  Petraeus emails show general scheming with journalist to get out pro-Israel storyline h3rm35 0 353 07-05-2010, 12:10 AM
Last Post: h3rm35
  Poll: Majority of Americans would give up liberty for security h3rm35 11 1,456 01-24-2010, 03:04 PM
Last Post: Hans Olo
  It's official now - the people of Port Au Prince have very little time left NickHedge 11 1,684 01-24-2010, 01:51 PM
Last Post: EvilMaster