Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Cannabis usage
11-08-2009, 08:33 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-09-2009, 11:34 PM by Easy Skanking.)
Cannabis usage
Quote:Welcome to the forum, as far as the name I'm not going to speculate as to its meaning. I'm all for legalization, too many innocent folk are getting fined / jailed stolen from with the current DEA / CIA enforcement strategy. In my short-lived experience with Budrick, who I've noticed is quite popular around here I found he just made me dumb, unproductive and hungry and divorced him. Maybe it's just the way he interacted with my brain chemistry?

I know there are medicinal benefits for chronic conditions but it seems that there are a lot of daily users and that makes for a chronic condition in of itself. Is there something I am missing, is it just a form of recreation, is it mind expanding (IMO our fungus friends are better for that journey) or is it just a drug culture. Maybe this isn't the place for it but it seems we have a couple of proponents of the herb that might be able to offer some insights into regular use and the benefits thereof.

Well, first off, I'll say that there are many benefits and reasons to use cannabis both physical and psychological. I'll just go into a few shortly and expand more later.
The most well know ones are pain relief, appetite stimulation and sedative effects. Personally I use it for 2 out of those 3....I do have to fight the munchies but I'm a proWinkand that's no problem. I have back and neck pain and it helps that immensely. Not just one day either. Usually one evening of smoking will last until the next evening so the pain is not distracting. It also helps me sleep as my mind is never easily quieted. I've tried meditation, strenuous exercise, big pharma bs and cannabis works for me best. I sleep wonderfully soundly and relaxed and if I time the dosing right, it doesn't affect my dreaming.

Depending on the ratios of THC and cannabinoids (of which there are at least 7 identified so far) you get different physical and mental effects. The THC is primarily responsible for a "trippy" mental high and CBD ( Cannibidiol )and CBN ( Cannibinol )are most likely responsible for pain relief and a relaxing "body high". Just like any medicine, you need to choose the effects that you need for a certain situation. However, they individually are not that potent for each effect. Together they all amplify, regulate and synergize with each other to produce effects not seen individually. This is one reason for such a wide variety of strains for different purposes.

As far as the recreational effects effects go, I find them about on par with having 2 or 3 beers with friends. It stimulates conversation and helps me to be comfortable enough to enjoy engaging in discussion.

As far as the mind expanding properties, having a strong THC content will produce an extremely "trippy" mind set. A lot of times when folks get panic attacks when smoking, they are affected by a increase in mind activity and panic because it's a very different cognitive state. Once you learn to understand this mental state, it can be a huge creative tool as there is time dilation experienced and much mental creativity can be done in a short time according to a clock. I personally find this mental state very easy to process complex or very large topics...like monolithic global conspiracies that extend millenia and relating back into human origins.SmileOf course shrooms and other psychedelics are good for this but with weed there is more user control, if you will. It's more of a 50/50 with where the plant wants to take you. With stronger substances you have to pick a topic before you take the journey and keep the target in mind. Weed allows you to make more of a choice as to where you go. This is why it can be used on a daily basis unlike psylocibin or DMT.

That mental state I think is also connected to folks who use it as their own anti-depressants or the like. The cannibinoids have also shown to be effective in treating psychosis, bi-polar disorder as well as some other behaviors that psychology defines as "disorders". From personal experience and anecdotal evidence I've taken on this, I would agree that there is a huge benefit over big pharma drugs for this kind of treatment. Physical toxicity and side effect issues aside, the mental state in a comparison is majorly different. SSRI's or lithium produce zombie like states with reduction of cognitive abilities and more of flatline feelings and behavior. In other words, biig pharma makes the users act and feel like zombies. When the same folks have told me of their cannabis use to treat these issues themselves, they said they pretty much felt normal mentally and physically. This seems to be almost the opposite effect experienced by "mentally healthy", according to psychological definitions. Once again, the right ratio of THC to CBD and CBN are needed to do this correctly. A higher CBD to THC seems to be this mix preferred for this treatment. THis also shows promise as in recent studies in the treatment of Autism Spectrum Disorders.

The endocannibinoid system in the human body is what is effected by the substances in cannabis. This systems, while noy fully understood, so far seems to be a regulatory or balancing system of the body. Having it stimulated seems to bring about a more balanced mental state. This extends over into sleep patterns, eating patterns and cognitive patterns. So for those that self-medicate, they usually do so out of reasons so that they may function on a day to day basis. A quote I have heard so many times is "I just smoke and then I feel better. Then I can go about my daily business normally and get stuff done."

Now obviously not everyone is wired the same and will get different effects based on their own wiring, mindset and the various factors that decide the chemical make-up of the plant like strain, age, harvest time, cure time, etc. Some seek it out to medicate and some will abuse it like any substance can be. It has shown to not be physically addictive and not toxic to an adults body in any physically possible dosage. Yes that's right. The LD-50 or lethal dose, has not yet been found, only estimated, unlike every other substance known to man. The estimate is currently having to consume 1500 pounds in a 15 minute period. That in of itself makes it a strong favorite over ANY big pharma med. This I find truly fascinating.

So from all of the evidence I've sen the efficiency, performance and safety margin far surpass anything that man has produced for a wide variety of illnesses and disorders. I only touched on the mind expanding properties and that is one strong reason I think it is illegal most places in addition to the hurt it would put on big pharma. I haven't even touched on industrial uses which is another apple cart upsetter. So to me, the cannabis leaf is a sign of opposition to the dominance and money centric mindset of the NWO as well a s a symbol of personal healing and growth physically and mentally. It really is a New Weed Order to combat the violent police state terror of a New World Order.Wink

Sources for the science are many of my other posts in this sub-forum as well as "Marijuana Chemistry: Genetics, Processing and Potency" by Michael Starks. The rest are anecdotal and personal.
Anyone else want to chime in on FastTadpoles question?
“Today’s scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after
equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality. ” -Nikola Tesla

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." -Jimi Hendrix
11-08-2009, 09:23 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-08-2009, 09:37 PM by Justinfinity.)
Cannabis usage
Cannabis is a wonderful plant. It helps with physical pain through natural chemicals, rather than synthetic drugs. It helps with our conscious evolution by manipulating physical brain receptors allowing more consciousness to flow in (basically, opening our minds). It is also useful for materials. Hemp is far more superior to cotton in both quality and quantity/production value. It costs a lot less to produce many times more hemp than cotton, it also grows faster. No wonder this plant is illegal. Makes no logical sense - it is like making the Fruit of the Tree of Life or the Fountain of Youth illegal.

Another plus is that one can't overdose on it. Though, like anything, it has its negative affects depending on how the user uses it - like abusing it for the high alone, which is a toxic mentality, rather than focusing on conscious evolution. There's absolutely nothing negative about this plant, it's the people that use it.

Obviously I'm for legalizing it, and it is legal for medicinal purpose here in Colorado - I've urged my pops to get a license to grow it (he is pretty sick). Its true, that if we legalize it, Drug Lords would lose a lot of money and there would be a lot less violence caused in its dealings, but it might also boost cocaine/heroine production trying to make up for loss money. Those drugs can remain illegal for all I care.

I think this mentality should be applied to many other things. Like money. Money causes problems, how about we get rid of it? No longer would we be worry about financing disease cure research, and like things, and we can just do these things with all the resources we need. That's another topic, though.
11-09-2009, 11:11 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-09-2009, 11:27 PM by kevlar.)
RE: Cannabis usage
I find it interesting the bond that i formed with cannabis.

If you can try to forget about the lifetime of propaganda that has been pumped into your brains about mind altering chemicals. Why get high with cannabis? There might have been many distorted and childish reasons to start smoking cannabis. But the bond was realized at an early stage.

What i find with cannabis is that i choose when i want to get high. I don't get high before work. If i don't feel like getting high before i go out then i won't, sometimes being killer stoned on oxford street in the middle of summer is not always a good idea. When you smoke cannabis a lot and i mean for a number of years, frequently. The effects are not comparable to the mainstream understanding of being high. It also looses potency tremendously. Don't get me wrong some cannabis cup bud will make anyone killer stoned. But your mind and body learns to handle the high, to the point where people wouldn't even know you were stoned. Tolerance is a bitch. But then again you still get stoned everyday. When you sleep it resets the high.

Personally though i continue to smoke so that i can detach from reality. When i get home from work and i am all stressed out, i like too smoke a few bongs and forget about the day. This is where the propaganda kicks in and starts driving the acceptable reality down your throat. I said before that addiction is 10% people, places and things and 90% social acceptability. A life where you get stoned everyday might not fit into the american dream very well unfortunately. I also drink beers. I am trying to cut down on drinking during the week, one for money reasons and two i am starting to develop a beer belly. Plus i don't want to be an alcoholic, i have seen alcoholics, it is not good.

So what are the problems that i run into smoking weed in almost all of my free time ? If i have plans, i know sometimes that if i smoke some bongs i am not going to want to go out. It is debatable as to why or how i know this. It could be that the weed makes me lazy as is the commonly accepted belief or it could be that i don't feel like physically doing the mission. Most of the time i would go out to party i would smoke weed when i got there anywhere with friends. So it could just be the physical mission of going out, as i have never had a car. But i stoned so often that i never actually think about this. The amount of times i have done the biggest missions so baked i have lost count. Sometimes i smoke a spliff during the mission. Sometimes i won't smoke and have a nice session when i get home.

Unlike alcohol you don't get a beer belly and you don't get physical withdrawal symptoms. The one thing that you might suffer from is extreme boredom. As any true stoner will know that when you run out of weed it is the boredom that drives you to scraping the resin out of your bong or phoning that dealer that always fucks you around. I have never heard anyone say before and is something that i have only recently realized. During my 10 years of smoking frequently i have stopped for weeks, for months, for a year. Sometimes you just can't get weed for weeks. I find that i have noticed myself getting angry when i don't have weed to smoke. Now if this is a reaction or if the cannabis is suppressing what is already there i do not know. I am angry for personal reasons that i will not go into. But i do like to analyze the effects it has on me and the difference of myself when i have not smoked in a week. I definitely feel a lot more relaxed and focused when i have been smoking the night before.

It is something that is not taken serious enough, it is not surprising with the mainstream idea of what smoking cannabis is like. It might make me a little giddy but i only laugh when something is funny. I don't laugh any more or less when i am stoned or not. Don't get me wrong when you first smoke it, you will laugh your ass off and if i had to smoke some cannabis cup bud i might possibly go into a katatonic laughing fit.

But it leads me back to the question, why get high at all ?

The mainstream likes to focus on the negative, like if you get high then you must not be comfortable in your own skin, you must be anti-social and you must not be satisfied with being sober. But as i said at the start i smoke weed to detach, not detach from my body because i am not comfortable but because i am comfortable. Comfortable enough to get stoned and chill the fuck out. As for being anti-social, sure maybe cannabis prevented me from wasting my time speaking to fucking retards all my life. But no smoking cannabis does not affect my social capabilities. The only time it affected my social capabilities was when i was 16-18 and had social problems as i was still growing up and growing into my own self. Now weather the cannabis caused the social problems or aided them or fixed them is another story.

Satisfied with being sober ? Hell no fuck this world, people suck, the government is fucking me over and it is as boring as hell.

Nah just kidding :d

It ain't all that bad and it is so great growing your own cannabis and smoking it.

Then there is always the theory that cannabis is actually fungus that is infecting the genetic structure of mankind. It is these natural psychoactive chemicals that have been at the corner stone of human intelligence, how do you think agriculture got started ? they were bloody stoners, they were too lazy to go hunting and the plants would not fill them up. so they started farming...
11-10-2009, 12:12 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-10-2009, 12:32 AM by ---.)
the economies are sinking. Hemp is profoundly useful in so many diverse applications from medicine to car manufacture, for example and marijuana is more expensive than gold..even if largely non-addictive unlike the Au is to the many at the top.

Legalise and change to a sativa standard.. if it's fractional reserve banking they want then they'd probably have to overgrow part of their government but then, money doesn't grow on trees but sinsimillia can.

mind you paper is essentially from trees too and it will get more and more expensive as it gets rarer and rarer...still prefer cannabis though as a global financial standard, for sure...essentially everyone could be enriched at the same time if they wanted.

the rare cases of a triggering of a latent mental health issue in young adults who engage in imbibing extremely strong commercially (organised crime) grown marijuana, I truly believe, are a consequence of botanists trying to disturb the plant's natural chemical balance and pretty much eradicate the CBD's in the plant - which are medicinal anti-psychotics!!

it's an all good plant when respected.
11-10-2009, 12:19 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-10-2009, 12:21 AM by ---.)
Quote:Then there is always the theory that cannabis is actually fungus that is infecting the genetic structure of mankind. It is these natural psychoactive chemicals that have been at the corner stone of human intelligence, how do you think agriculture got started ? they were bloody stoners, they were too lazy to go hunting and the plants would not fill them up. so they started farming...

if that is the case, the seed will have had to have been originally collected and dispersed far and wide initially by people who were in Kazakhstan very very early on.

It's possible, I guess..Balochistan isn't that far off.
11-10-2009, 12:46 AM,
prohibition ?

i am still waiting for the reason behind it ?

anyone know ? for our own safety ?
11-10-2009, 12:59 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-10-2009, 01:00 AM by Easy Skanking.)
(11-10-2009, 12:46 AM)kevlar Wrote: prohibition ?

i am still waiting for the reason behind it ?

anyone know ? for our own safety ?

I know of no GOOD reasons but I'd like to keep this thread about personal experiences and usage in order to give FastTadpole a better understanding of it. Start a whole other thread about Prohibition if you like. I'm sure we all have lots to say about that completely bad idea. Big Grin
“Today’s scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after
equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality. ” -Nikola Tesla

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." -Jimi Hendrix
11-10-2009, 07:20 PM,
Creatively I see the benefits for sure. As a programmer there is a creative side to things but mostly it is a left brain thing. I find a lot of chronic users get an increased level of anxiety and seem more scattered to me when they not on it likely because their bodies are used to it. But give them some bud and they are back to normal again.

In my experience, about a year of morning and evening dailies, I was near an addictive state or perhaps it was just habit forming. I was very unproductive doing high level logic tasks but my graphic design work picked up a bit at least from my POV. It did get me off of alcoholism though - until I supplanted it with beers when my tolerance went up. One question that hasn't been addressed is the effects on your lungs, say from a blunt or joint as opposed to a water bong although I welcome experiences from both methods of inhalation. I hear a THC pill is being patented by big pharma. Thoughts / concerns?

Is the formula different for adolescents though, I had maybe 5 hoots before the age of 23 so it's out of my realm of experience? From observation my friends that were towards the chronic side were showing signs of addiction (anxiety+), and unable to open up without it. Is any of this was that due to lacing perhaps?

Granted it is much better than booze or sugar or coke for you. I did not know of the pain relief first hand, much better than tylenol or morphine IMO which my Dad is on a lot of right now he's probably eligible for medicinal use. What would be best for severe nerve damage as an alternative to morphine. Suggestions welcome.

Thanks for all of the input.
There are no others, there is only us.
http://FastTadpole.com/
11-10-2009, 07:52 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-10-2009, 07:56 PM by ---.)
St.John's wort is good for alleiviating and helping with nerve damage.

You could grow it in the spring and summer and make extractions to increase potency.

Otherwise, actual legally grown somniferum poppy pods can be easily crushed and made into a poppy tea when you have ascertained the average strength of the combined crushed seed pods.

I don't know if that is legal or illegal in Canada. But it works I heard SWIM say - essentially raw opium - so potentially adictive still..but less than morphine and a lot less debilitating.

Also Prunella Vulgaris - which is a common plant - is very remedial

Dong Chen too
11-10-2009, 08:07 PM,
(11-10-2009, 07:52 PM)nik Wrote: St.John's wort is good for alleiviating and helping with nerve damage.

You could grow it in the spring and summer and make extractions to increase potency.

Otherwise, actual legally grown somniferum poppy pods can be easily crushed and made into a poppy tea when you have ascertained the average strength of the combined crushed seed pods.

I don't know if that is legal or illegal in Canada. But it works I heard SWIM say - essentially raw opium - so potentially adictive still..but less than morphine and a lot less debilitating.

Dong Chen too
Thanks I will look into these to get my Father off of the sh*t.
There are no others, there is only us.
http://FastTadpole.com/
11-10-2009, 10:07 PM,
I think usage of any nootropic substance in a young and developing brain is going to have adverse effects. I would suspect given the nerve protecting characteristics of cannabis that it would be minimal effects but there would still be some. That 's just the nature of growing brains.

Like I said any substance can be abused and everyone has a different level of abuse. If it has a negative effect on your life, then it can be considered abuse. As for me, I usually smoke once in the evening kind of like having a beer in the evening. Nor do I toke up every day. I don't do it just to do it or because it's a habit. I want to because I enjoy it in addition to the benefits to pain and sleep. It just works great for me. Then again, I've never been one to abuse substances. I have just never had that desire with anything, booze included. I listen to my body and I've been lucky enough that it has a limit.

Obviously taking smoke into your lungs is not healthy. Vaporizing is the safest way and winds up being a good choice for a way to take it medicinally. The smoke has been found in medical studies to not be carcinogenic, unlike other kinds of smoke. Another very interesting point. The most danger would come from just a foreign substance in the lungs. Tobacco from a blunt wrapping would not be particularly good but hemp papers would be negligible as well. Personally, I love the taste and glassware is what I like best. Mmmm...tasty!

I have NEVER run across a case of "lacing" on weed. I think that really stems from propaganda stories, misinformation from inexperienced users ( as is the case with any illegal drug ) and different reactions to the substance. I have seen all kinds of "news stories" and I have yet to ever see any actual evidence of it happening. It just isn't a logistic feasibility.

11-10-2009, 11:05 PM,
(11-10-2009, 08:07 PM)FastTadpole Wrote:
(11-10-2009, 07:52 PM)nik Wrote: St.John's wort is good for alleiviating and helping with nerve damage.

Dong Chen too
Thanks I will look into these to get my Father off of the sh*t.

np. the last one is actually written. "Dang Shen" or Codonopsis pilosula.. Smile
11-11-2009, 10:17 PM,
i have seen friends become completely different after smoking cannabis, when we were growing up. we would occasionally have people smoking with us for the first time. it is a powerful plant. you can see the impact it has on the person and their attitude, behavior. whether that is good or bad impact i thing is partly subjective from the observers perspective and it also depends on the person, each individual reacts different to it.

i pretty much only smoke bong, i would like to have a glass bong but i can't afford the expense, i use a disposable bong. probably not the healthiest method. but i find that i can smoke 1 or two bongs for the night. so i take in less smoke. people say the water helps, but then the plastic and metal pipe probably don't as well. i don't think our lungs where meant to take in smoke. it is far better than cigarettes. for the first 8 years of smoking bud i never had one smoke on a cig. i never had problems with my lungs, never felt short of breathe. now i have been smoking cigs for 2 years and you get lung problems and short of breathe etc. but i have many old people that smoke cannabis and have been doing so for 40+ years and you wouldn't know by meeting them.

if i have bud i will smoke it. but as i said in my other post i don't smoke before work and generally just do it when i know i have nothing to do. i think i might put myself into the position where i have nothing to do more frequently. say if cannabis didn't exist i might be forced to put lots of effort into having a social life out of boredom. possible, but hypothetical, cause cannabis does exist.
11-11-2009, 10:31 PM,
when I smoke it now, I try and gauge it so that I can get into the same zone as when I first understood it was good. Rather than just caning it to excess and getting gauched by it.

All depends on the strain too. The indicas grown for chemo'patients would give red eye and couchlock blessings to pretty much everyone.

I remember having some real thai herb once - but not commercial with yabba sprayed on it or anything - some hippy in Wales grew it as she liked it and had collected the original seed on travels years before.

That was my favourite smoke ever. Really strong but a definite potentiate to activity and thought. happy daze.

a person I met told me that water bongs weren't so great for taking big lungfuls in the manner of pot smoking as the water vapour can be breathed in on the smoke and it is not so healthy...I never looked into it whatsoever..
11-11-2009, 11:14 PM,
i prefer the indica high, but i rarely get very good bud, it happens occasionally.

i grew up in south africa, so i grew up on south african sativa, grown outdoors for centuries. pure sativa. used to get big heads some times. compared to the dutch genetics, it is a big difference. i don't mind the south african bud called, trans ski and swazi. but you end up smoking more to get a high. i have smoked good sativa, dutch sativa strains and strains imported from other regions into the uk. that very high high sometimes can be too high for me, where i get so stoned that i can't speak properly. i seem to get like that from good sativa.

but the dutch genetics as i call it, is basically the afghan and californian strains that were grown outdoors for centuries and the sativas of the southern hemhisphere. grown under HID and given nutrients. they make it sound like it is GM bud. lol. imagine GM bud. haha

so realy they just pushed the plant to the maximum of its potential. over years and years mixing strains etc. you end up with beasts like from dutch passion and sensi seeds where you can plant a seed from there, in a crack between pavement slabs and not even water it and it will grow to be this sticky super bud. Big Grin

people say it is not natural and i don't think it is natural because it is not just growing, man has interfered. so if natural bud is bud that man has not been involved in its grow process. in another sense people claim bud is natural when it is not indica. but you can get unnatural sativa just the same. you can take that south african sativa and stick it under a HID and proper nutrients like 2 part or 3 part canna nutrients. that is not natural. but then giving a plant nutrients is just giving it food. plants require NPK and at certain stages they require more of each nutrient. this is for optimal growth. so you can't realy say that because you give a plant what is considered hydro nutrients that it is not natural.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Science of Cannabis (New Documentary) vagabonder 0 418 03-21-2014, 08:57 AM
Last Post: vagabonder
  Study: Cannabis Use Unlikely To Cause Schizophrenia Easy Skanking 5 929 12-22-2013, 03:57 AM
Last Post: Easy Skanking
  It's Official: Cannabis Possession And Cultivation Now Legal In Colorado Easy Skanking 3 894 12-12-2012, 12:18 AM
Last Post: Easy Skanking
  Dutch government to ban tourists from cannabis shops Mike_Smith 2 1,016 05-30-2011, 02:31 PM
Last Post: pax681
  Up in smoke: 'Cannabis gave me my life back' drummer 13 4,126 05-08-2011, 04:53 AM
Last Post: zapoper
  Cannabis fed to ducks by French farmer for 'deworming' mothandrust 1 864 11-25-2010, 01:10 AM
Last Post: persecuted in alberni
  George Soros gives $1m to California's pro-cannabis campaign mothandrust 4 1,962 10-28-2010, 05:14 AM
Last Post: FastTadpole
  New Report: U.S. Government Data Demonstrates Failure of Cannabis Prohibition kevlar 2 1,143 10-08-2010, 02:53 PM
Last Post: persecuted in alberni
  cannabis has beneficial effects on creativity,without inducing schizotypy h3rm35 0 782 03-10-2010, 09:05 PM
Last Post: h3rm35
  The ultimate herbal remedy: Can cannabis improve autism? --- 4 1,254 01-21-2010, 10:21 PM
Last Post: ---