Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Glenn Beck Out @ Faux News
04-07-2011, 01:54 AM,
Glenn Beck Out @ Faux News
Glenn Beck ending his daily Fox News show
By Joe Pompeo joe Pompeo
Wed Apr 6, 1:24 pm ET

Glenn Beck's daily show on Fox News is coming to an end.

The cable network and Beck's production company, Mercury Radio Arts, announced jointly Wednesday that they will "work together to develop and produce a variety of television projects for air on the FOX News Channel (FNC) as well as content for other platforms, including FOX News' digital properties," according to a release. A final date for Beck's eponymous 5 p.m. weekday program has not been set, but it will cease production later this year, the statement said.

There is no word yet on Beck's heir, but The Wrap's Dylan Stableford reports that the frontrunner is former New Jersey superior court judge Andrew Napolitano of sister network Fox Business, who recently filled in on Beck's show.

Joel Cheatwood, Fox's senior vice president for development, will join Mercury Radio Arts as executive vice president to "manage the partnership and serve as a liaison with FOX News," a move presaged by reports last month that the two men were planning to set out on their own amid rising tensions with network brass.

The official line is a bit more cordial.

"Glenn Beck is a powerful communicator, a creative entrepreneur and a true success by anybody's standards. I look forward to continuing to work with him," said Fox News president Roger Ailes in a statement, adding of Cheatwood, "Joel is a good friend and one of the most talented and creative executives in the business. Over the past four years I have consistently valued his input and advice and that will not stop as we work with him in his new role."

The news comes exactly one month after the New York Times's David Carr filed a column reporting on a likely parting of ways between Beck and Fox News. Beck remains no. 1 on cable news in his time slot despite a recent drop in ratings. He averages more than 2 million viewers.

Aside from Mercury Radio Arts, which produces Beck's syndicated morning radio show, the conservative pundit owns a website, The Blaze, and enjoys additional revenues from books and speaking appearances. Beck's Fox News salary makes up only about $2.7 million of the more than $30 million he makes a year.

Beck's personal representative did not immediately respond to a request for comment. But in the statement circulated by Fox News and Mercury, Beck stressed his personal regard for Ailes.

"I truly believe that America owes a lot to Roger Ailes and FOX News," he said. "I cannot repay Roger for the lessons I've learned and will continue to learn from him and I look forward to starting this new phase of our partnership."

(Photo of Beck: Jose Luis Magana/AP)

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_thecutline/20110406/ts_yblog_thecutline/glenn-beck-ending-his-daily-fox-news-show;_ylt=An8L8gvXq_L96sIwx.6XBulH2ocA;_ylu=X3oDMTQ3dGtsb20zBGFzc2V0A3libG9nX3RoZWN1dGxpbmUvMjAxMTA0MDYvZ2xlbm4tYmVjay1lbmRpbmctaGlzLWRhaWx5LWZveC1uZXdzLXNob3cEY2NvZGUDcmFuZG9tBGNwb3MDNQRwb3MDNQRzZWMDeW5fdG9wX3N0b3JpZXMEc2xrA2dsZW5uYmVja2VuZA--
"In a time of universal deciet, telling the truth is a revolutionary act."
- George Orwell

" The oppressed are allowed once every few years to decide which particular representatives of the oppressing class are to represent and repress them."
- Karl Marx
04-29-2011, 03:19 PM,
RE: Glenn Beck Out @ Faux News
"I truly believe that America owes a lot to Roger Ailes and FOX News"

wow. Yes we owe a lot of misinformation, disinformation, mangled news stories, outright lies, distortions, fear, and globalist agenda pushing to good ol' Ailes and FAUX. I salute thee, oh pinnacles of media corruption and FUD.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Smile Molyneux on I.W. Nightly News CharliePrime 2 292 04-29-2014, 02:36 PM
Last Post: CharliePrime
Smile Loch Ness "news" recycled for Apple CharliePrime 0 238 04-22-2014, 06:56 PM
Rainbow Glenn Greewald's New NSA-funded Website CharliePrime 17 588 03-10-2014, 04:32 PM
  Details About Chemical Attack In Damascus You Won’t Be Hearing On BBC Or Sky News Frank2 4 760 09-20-2013, 03:51 PM
Last Post: Frank2
  Fox News Reporting on Chem-Trails datars 1 364 07-03-2013, 11:27 PM
Last Post: mexika
  The real invasion of Africa is not news and a licence to lie is Hollywood's gift Frank2 2 420 01-31-2013, 11:46 PM
Last Post: Frank2
  Glenn Beck Show Hilariously Mocks Alex Jones Fawning Over Charlie Sheen - IMG INT Negentropic 17 6,085 11-17-2012, 12:19 PM
Last Post: Negentropic
  CBS News Affiliate Calls 2012 Presidential Race for Barack Obama datars 0 484 10-22-2012, 09:44 PM
Last Post: datars
  Govt-Media Conspiracy: CNN Stages Fake News FastTadpole 4 1,537 03-24-2012, 03:05 AM
Last Post: FastTadpole
  Ron Paul Owns Warmongers During Fox News Debate - 12/15/11 Solve et Coagula 0 394 12-25-2011, 11:05 PM
Last Post: Solve et Coagula