Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Linking climate change to the Japan quake/tsunami
03-13-2011, 08:47 PM,
Linking climate change to the Japan quake/tsunami
Hours after a massive earthquake rattled Japan, environmental advocates connected the natural disaster to global warming. The president of the European Economic and Social Committee, Staffan Nilsson, issued a statement calling for solidarity in tackling the global warming problem.

“Some islands affected by climate change have been hit,” said Nilsson. “Has not the time come to demonstrate on solidarity — not least solidarity in combating and adapting to climate change and global warming?”

“Mother Nature has again given us a sign that that is what we need to do,” he added.

Global warming enthusiasts have also taken to Twitter to raise awareness of the need to respond to the earthquake by finally acting on climate change. And the Competitive Enterprise Institute’s Lee Doren compiled some of the best ones.

Some examples:

[ For complete coverage of politics and policy, go to Yahoo! Politics ]

AliceTMBFan said “2 hours of geography earlier talking about Japan has left me thinking…maybe global warming is way more serious then we thought…”

Arbiterofwords tweeted “I’m worried that Japan earthquake, on top of other recent natural ‘disasters’, is a sign we’ve passed point of no return for climate change.”

MrVikas said “Events like the #Japan #earthquake and #tsunami MUST keep #climate change at forefront of policy thought: http://bit.ly/cZe8To #environment

Tayyclayy noted her frustration by tweeting “An earthquake with an 8.9 magnitude struck Japan.. And some say climate change isn’t real?!”

DanFranklin postulated “Never really believed all this global warming talk, but after the earthquake in NZ and today in Japan. Maybe we’ve ruined the world.”

And TeamIanHarding tweeted “While Japan witnessed an earthquake we were talking about the problems that global warming leads to in school. Think. Pray. And change.”

Do they have a point?

“Global warming alarmists will exploit any natural disaster to promote their anti-fossil fuel agenda,” Tom Borelli of the Free Enterprise Project told The Daily Caller, adding that the climate change reaction is a result of the “global warming spin machine.”

“First it’s global warming, then it’s climate change, now it’s probably tectonic instability — no doubt all caused by man,” he said.

When contacted by TheDC, Dan Weiss, Director of Climate Strategy at the Center for American Progress, also expressed skepticism at the link between global warming and the earthquake in Japan.

“I am not a scientist,” said Weiss, “but I have never heard of a link between global warming and earthquakes.”

http://news.yahoo.com/s/dailycaller/20110311/pl_dailycaller/somerespondtojapanearthquakebypointingtoglobalwarming
“Everything Popular Is Wrong” - Oscar Wilde
03-13-2011, 09:27 PM,
RE: Linking climate change to the Japan quake/tsunami
Thanks for the heads up drummer.
An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it.
Mohandas Gandhi

Each of us is put here in this time and this place to personally decide the future of humankind.
Did you think you were put here for something less?
Chief Arvol Looking Horse
03-14-2011, 11:26 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-14-2011, 12:22 PM by rsol.)
hours after an earth quake, climate deniers trawl the internet looking for any old tweet that seems to contain absurd and alarmist, not to mention poorly educated comments, then broadcast them to the world as the though echoed by all those who see AGW.

lets be reactionary shall we? shall we just take some tweet by some 15 year old babysitter as the voice of a nation?

And the Competitive Enterprise Institute’s Lee Doren compiled some of the best ones.

Lee doren has a youtube channel called "how the world works" rather presumtive
He also wont tell anyone who he works for or never seems to know. hes been asked several times. im banned from his channel for that same question.

03-14-2011, 10:41 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-14-2011, 10:42 PM by hubbabubba.)
(03-14-2011, 11:26 AM)rsol Wrote: hours after an earth quake, climate deniers trawl the internet looking for any old tweet that seems to contain absurd and alarmist, not to mention poorly educated comments, then broadcast them to the world as the though echoed by all those who see AGW.

There actually is a meme going around in the mainstream that the earth is in upheaval and that humanity is to blame. This meme is feeding on apocalyptic faiths such as AGW.
03-15-2011, 05:06 AM,
(03-14-2011, 11:26 AM)rsol Wrote: hours after an earth quake, climate deniers trawl the internet looking for any old tweet that seems to contain absurd and alarmist, not to mention poorly educated comments, then broadcast them to the world as the though echoed by all those who see AGW.

Do you believe that mankind is responsible for global warming?

[Image: randquote.png]
03-15-2011, 06:00 PM,
no i look to the evidence. belief is for those who refuse evidence.
03-15-2011, 06:11 PM,
(03-15-2011, 06:00 PM)rsol Wrote: no i look to the evidence. belief is for those who refuse evidence.

1. So what is "the evidence" that you have and what does it spell out for you?

2. Also, would you say that you can believe "the evidence" is a true interpretation of facts?
"Listen to everyone, read everything, believe nothing unless you can prove it in your own research"
~William Cooper

DTTNWO!
03-15-2011, 10:36 PM,
(03-13-2011, 08:47 PM)drummer Wrote: “Some islands affected by climate change have been hit,” said Nilsson.
“Has not the time come to demonstrate on solidarity — not least solidarity in combating and adapting to climate change and global warming?”

“Mother Nature has again given us a sign that that is what we need to do,” he added.

I love the Twitter streams, they are priceless. Kudos to
Lee Doren for making this nonsense known

(03-13-2011, 08:47 PM)drummer Wrote: AliceTMBFan said “2 hours of geography earlier talking about Japan has left me thinking…maybe global warming is way more serious then we thought…”

Arbiterofwords tweeted “I’m worried that Japan earthquake, on top of other recent natural ‘disasters’, is a sign we’ve passed point of no return for climate change.”

MrVikas said “Events like the #Japan #earthquake and #tsunami MUST keep #climate change at forefront of policy thought: http://bit.ly/cZe8To #environment

Tayyclayy noted her frustration by tweeting “An earthquake with an 8.9 magnitude struck Japan.. And some say climate change isn’t real?!”

DanFranklin postulated “Never really believed all this global warming talk, but after the earthquake in NZ and today in Japan. Maybe we’ve ruined the world.”

And TeamIanHarding tweeted “While Japan witnessed an earthquake we were talking about the problems that global warming leads to in school. Think. Pray. And change.”

Now I will demonstrate beyond a shadow of a doubt, why
the Indian Navy was responsible for the earthquake.

India's navy captured 28 pirates in January and 15
in February according to this article by Marty Noble

Let me explain.

First of all, you have to realize that the work the European
Economic and Social Committee is above reproach. They
are so well documented that there are over 3,120,000
listing when you Google them

With such a plethora of verifiable and unverifiable
documentation, if Staffan Nilsson says Global Warming
caused the earthquake, Global Warming caused the
earthquake. I will burn all my geology and meteorology
textbooks in some pagan ritual when the world ends.

But I digress.

The Church of Flying Spaghetti Monster has shown that
there is an inverse relationship between Global Average
Temperature and the number of pirates.

They even have a graph that proves it!

[Image: PiratesVsTemp.png]

Now after being presented with such indisputable logic,
you can clearly see why the Indian Navy must sunk
before more natural disasters happen. They just arrested
61 more pirates. Good thing I don't live in California.

Don't even think of trying to dispute my logic because I
already said it's indisputable.
My Psychiatrist Committed Suicide

"I'm going to tell you something you won't believe."
David Vincent
03-16-2011, 01:56 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-16-2011, 01:56 AM by yeti.)
(03-15-2011, 06:00 PM)rsol Wrote: no i look to the evidence. belief is for those who refuse evidence.

Is mankind causing global warming?
[Image: randquote.png]
03-16-2011, 02:25 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-16-2011, 02:46 AM by Telecaster72.)

"The science is settled" - Al Gore on global warming.

The science he is talking about is right and presents indisputable evidence, yes the calculations are correct! I have no doubt they add up, to the last digit.

So it must be a fact then, when they are correct, right? Simple logic, the scientists calculations has no error in them, how can deniers not see this, how can they argue with facts?

Those facts are based on many factors, such as the amounts of co2 produced by human activity, co2 produced by the ecosystem, metane gas from cows arses and leaking out from underground pockets, water vapor and many more things.
They even take the electromagnetic radiation from the sun into consideration.

Evidence shows that co2 is the biggest driving factor of the global warming we see happening right before our eyes.

"The science is settled"

Why make things more complicated?
Why add more factors to the math?
The evidence produced is the evidence we want it to be.

"The science is settled"

Why take sunspot cycles into consideration?
Why take the cycle of the tilt of the earth's axis into consideration?
What has cosmic rays got to do with it? Naah why bother?
Why combine cycles of every possible factor and put it in our models?

Let's just settle on co2, it is easy enough for people to understand, it sounds scary, "carbon dioxide", almost like a toxin.

Settle = To establish or secure permanently, to arrange in a desired position, to be content with.

I am sorry, settled science is bad science.

If EVERY relevant factor are not taken into consideration it can not be considered a fact, only an incomplete theory.

"If you bring forth what is within you, what you bring forth will save you. If you do not bring forth what is within you, what you do not bring forth will destroy you."
- The Gospel of Thomas

I think I am, therefore I am, i think...
- George Carlin
03-16-2011, 03:18 AM,
Oh they're really playing the climate change / global warming card on this on just as HAARPies are knee jerking on the cause of the Japan disaster as well as every disaster that has plagued mankind for the past 30-100 years. But Earthquakes? I'm at a loss for words .. so I'll simply state wow.

Here's the giant list of the effects of climate change dubbed as The Warmlist - A Complete List of Things Caused by Global Warming. An instant classic of several hundred symptoms of AGW 'science' that have been published, retracted and redacted from the IPCC, scientific papers, journalists and greenie bloggers alike. Chalk up one more in Japan Earthquake right beside every fire in the past 100 years and potential Rape Waves.

Just added in the video Global Warming’s effects, A to Z to round the thread out nicely.

Oh and it's called officially refereed to as Climate Disruption in many circles now.

I also did up a ConCen exclusive on how the Tsunami Disaster in Japan is being used to advance everything from climate change, to globalization, to fingering US driven weather manipulation via HAARP but my primary focus is on the anti-nuclear agenda being spun.

To stuff the feisty nuclear cat back into the bag it needs to be beaten down by a heavy stick carried by riding a tsunami wave of anti-nuclear public opinion first. The Green movement will be used for this as well.

Power and Control: The Anti-Nuclear Energy Movement - Leveraging Disasters
http://concen.org/forum/showthread.php?tid=38667

Hopefully we can come up some insights before the hatch is closed on unexplored nuclear power options to mitigate total control of energy by the so-called 'elite'.
There are no others, there is only us.
http://FastTadpole.com/
03-23-2011, 04:17 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-23-2011, 06:04 PM by rsol.)
The science is settled" - Al Gore on global warming.

The only statement i agree with from al gore. dont get me wrong. i dont like how its been hijacked, however being an opposition to that hijacking might be better laid out with us actually having a go at them and how they impliment this rather that just plain deny it.

first of all its totally reactionary. You may aswell deny feminism as just a way to tax more people. I think we are fighting the right battle but on the wrong front.

Is mankind causing global warming?
yes. It gets worse by the day. go and have a look at the last 100,000 years and tell me exactly how many trees and forests there were. what the desert sizes were. tell me that the conditions on earth now are exactly the same as the last ice age or the one before. tell me that. you can deny all you like that billions of creatures can exist by using up everything they see, finding new ways to waste energy in ever more elaborate ways, you keep it up. The earth is an infinite rubbish dump for us and its all going to be fine.......

THESE PRESENT CONDITIONS ARE UNPRECEDENTED.

Ive looked at the evidence. The doubters have poor science on their side and evangelists. If alex jones and doran lee are in the same bed then we are definitely being confused. Im ashamed at how many can be so easily led. politics always kills good sense.

If anyone contends doran lee to be a hero then you have the new bill o'rielly as your role model, good luck with that....

Quote:""The science is settled"

Why take sunspot cycles into consideration?
Why take the cycle of the tilt of the earth's axis into consideration?
What has cosmic rays got to do with it? Naah why bother?
Why combine cycles of every possible factor and put it in our models?"
Yes i get it. thats what you read, they dont take this into consideration. who said that? You think sunspots just turned up 5 years ago? you think the electromagnetic spectrum and the ionosphere has no place in ENVIRONMENTAL studies? YOU THINK THAT THE TILT OF THE EARTH, ALL THE OTHER WOBBLES...THEY HAVE BEEN IGNORED??????
your ignorance of the subject is what these people prey on. They take into consideration you wouldnt believe me anyway.

These rants are from many who are happy with the status quo whilst proselytising with their anti establishment credentials. This is a sham and you are having your well poisoned. ive been repeating this for years. They didnt blame global warming for "rape waves" they put it down to warmer weather, however the source of this little passage has decided its a imigration issue......surprised??? not really! lets do a knee jerk reaction to a knee jerk reaction!!

The only oposition to cap and trade/carbon credits are those who deny global warming...hmmm dont feel suckered into it in anyway? dont feel like you have been corralled into being labeled a kook while the more sensible option glides through? dont you feel that?

You are enabling the very thing you are trying to stop.
03-23-2011, 05:34 PM,
(03-23-2011, 04:17 PM)rsol Wrote: The only oposition to cap and trade/carbon credits are those who deny global warming...hmmm dont feel suckered into it in anyway? dont feel like you have been corralled into being labeled a kook while the more sensible option glides through? dont you feel that?

They can spin it whichever way they want, I still don't believe it. And stop calling people deniers, that implies that you think you know the whole of the truth which implies that you're not right in the head.
03-23-2011, 06:17 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-23-2011, 06:18 PM by rsol.)
thats right you are the one who doesnt "believe" in the scientific process.
You are not a denier? ok quick question... do you deny AGW?

You are a denier. you deny everything you dont like. you even deny the fact that you are a denier, just because of how it sounds, regardless of the evidence. you should just invent your own language ,that way there will always be someone around to agree with youSmile

I am not "they" and im not the one doing the spinning. go and follow one of the links to this list of global warming causes bullshit. go and pick out a few. tell me its not hyperbole.. dare you..
03-23-2011, 07:30 PM,
(03-23-2011, 06:17 PM)rsol Wrote: thats right you are the one who doesnt "believe" in the scientific process.
You are not a denier? ok quick question... do you deny AGW?

You really are thick. Wink I am a sceptic and prefer critical thinking. The more I learn the more I am convinced I know very little. I think humanity is great at coming up with theories, but on the whole I think humanity knows less than 1% of the whole truth. So, you are the denier, denying that you and humanity know very little but BELIEVE in very colorful (and some quite good) theories.

Quote:I am not "they" and im not the one doing the spinning. go and follow one of the links to this list of global warming causes bullshit. go and pick out a few. tell me its not hyperbole.. dare you..

I am not the one supposing I hold the whole truth, you are. It's up to you to present the evidence, sorry.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Another great video by Luke at we are change.org Sovereignman 2 551 02-14-2012, 04:10 AM
Last Post: Sovereignman
  Syria Regime Change PR in High Gear: More ‘Newborn Baby Slaughter’ Propaganda Solve et Coagula 0 382 02-11-2012, 01:36 PM
Last Post: Solve et Coagula
  Al Gore's and his New Partners Are Going to Change Things springhawk 1 658 05-06-2011, 04:45 PM
Last Post: yeti
  Japan earthquake an illuminati job? fl420sky 0 888 03-22-2011, 12:03 AM
Last Post: fl420sky
  The CIA's Role in Egypt's Regime Change? Who Is Omar Suleiman? Solve et Coagula 0 369 02-06-2011, 09:55 AM
  WikiLeaks: US military cannot find evidence linking Julian Assange to Bradley Manning TriWooOx 1 652 01-26-2011, 06:15 PM
Last Post: rsol
  Climate change game launched. Dunamis 5 1,078 11-30-2010, 08:50 AM
Last Post: rsol
  A neglected climate strategy: Empower women, slow population growth --- 1 846 11-23-2010, 03:06 PM
Last Post: FastTadpole
  The CIA as Executive Agent on Climate Change h3rm35 4 1,004 08-17-2010, 10:25 AM
Last Post: nik
  Crisis of America's Political System: An Easy Way to Dramatically Change Congress Solve et Coagula 0 412 06-23-2010, 10:19 PM