Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
In case anyone was curious...
02-28-2011, 11:36 PM,
In case anyone was curious...
I've had kind of a rough time of late. I haven't been around much because I've had to become somewhat nomadic, combining couch-surfing, camping and spending way too much on rooms for rent in hotels and the like. Nothing personal, just trying to put things back together. I wish I could claim I was the victim of some kind of conspiracy, but it has more to do with my best friend of ten years relapsing on meth and turning into a total freak of nature, then taking actions that pretty much destroyed all stability in my life.

I look forward to being able to join in the conversation more often in the future when Iife's a bit less chaotic. See y'all soon.
[Image: conspiracy_theory.jpg]
02-28-2011, 11:51 PM,
RE: In case anyone was curious...
Sorry to hear that your home situation imploded on you. Hope you get it back together asap.
An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it.
Mohandas Gandhi

Each of us is put here in this time and this place to personally decide the future of humankind.
Did you think you were put here for something less?
Chief Arvol Looking Horse
03-01-2011, 05:54 AM,
(02-28-2011, 11:36 PM)h3rm35 Wrote: I've had kind of a rough time of late. I haven't been around much because I've had to become somewhat nomadic, combining couch-surfing, camping and spending way too much on rooms for rent in hotels and the like.

Stay tough. You'll always have a virtual place here h3rm35 any time you want to vent your spleen...

[Image: randquote.png]
03-01-2011, 06:33 AM,
I was curious! Grin

Thought about you just the other day!! Noticed that you dropped off a bit. Thanks for stopping in and letting us know h3rm35.
I'm also sorry to hear about situation. Hope things turn around for you quickly, and work out better then expected. Looking forward to seeing you back when time allows. Please take care, and best wishes to you during this transition in your life.... we'll be keeping you in our thoughts here. Ok
03-01-2011, 06:42 AM,
Well, sounds like you have to get your personal situation settled. This place has been around for sometime and will likely be here when you get the chance. Hope everything goes well for you in the interim, and I hope your friend gets the help he needs. I've seen that drug destroy people and their family and social relationships.
03-03-2011, 04:21 AM,
the afore mentioned friend was also my landlord and we split expenses on a vehicle that was in his name which lead to me not being able to get to work...

I basically have to start over from scratch.
03-03-2011, 04:44 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-03-2011, 04:44 AM by yeti.)
(03-03-2011, 04:21 AM)h3rm35 Wrote: I basically have to start over from scratch

You lost your job?
[Image: randquote.png]
03-03-2011, 06:52 AM,
Damn dude. That really sucks. Hopefully you can get back somewhere comfortable and more stationary soon. Can't imagine the stress your under. Good luck
h3rm35.
"Listen to everyone, read everything, believe nothing unless you can prove it in your own research"
~William Cooper

DTTNWO!
03-03-2011, 10:51 PM,
(03-03-2011, 04:44 AM)yeti Wrote:
(03-03-2011, 04:21 AM)h3rm35 Wrote: I basically have to start over from scratch

You lost your job?

yup - my job, my home, and I'm drawing on the very last of my savings. I figure I got about a week before I end up on the sidewalk.
03-04-2011, 12:08 AM,
Crybaby perfect time to hit up a spot of america thats better off, and hopefully you learned from investing all your eggs in a basket with another, especially a former junkie...

since your jobless and homeless i assume your traveling light with no car... think big hit up a site job with accommodations or do the cruise ship thing, see a different landscape.
Remember Knowledge is the only thing THEY can't take from you, and Knowledge is Know how, and Know how is Power!!!

Live long and Prosper!!!! Have a plan beyond words, and worry not of why the storm is coming as to how you're going to survive in it!!!!

Deathanyl @gmail!!!!!!
04-02-2011, 04:38 AM,
" but it has more to do with my best friend of ten years relapsing on meth and turning into a total freak of nature, then taking actions that pretty much destroyed all stability in my life."

When you phase it like that... it well... blips on my GAYdar.

At any rate... are you a man of your own destiny or not? I've been laid off 3 times since 2008 and fired once. I've been kicked out of the trailer park where I lived for non-payment of rent and my current address is nothing more than the unit number for the Freightliner truck I drive for work. Technically I am homeless without an address.

I call this predicament liberation! I am "off the grid", nowhere to be found by those "not in the know".

Chin up lad! This too shall pass for you. exploit it for all you can. Wink
04-19-2011, 12:32 PM,
Hey h3rm35 we had our abrupt we're too busy PM chit but I'd missed this thread somehow. Not for a second do I think you're wallowing or doing the self pity thing, just laying it all out there in honesty.

I mentioned a similar predicament that nearly wiped my slate clean to you, so we forge ahead. I always keep it light in terms of my simple needs, less worries so I can focus on what I feel matters. Maybe I'm wrong about what constitutes a meaningful existence or maybe meaning isn't relevant at all and is instead trite and fleeting in the grander scheme. After all meaning is a form of personal acceptance for one's being but it can be construed to satiate and quench one's own egotistical desires based on acceptance, relative stature and accomplishment.

Considered killing the computer but I figure the tool and time gives me a window opportunity to learn and share and vent and explore deep distant minds and delve into myself for a bit in this phase of the lifespan (or is it really a cycle like the new agers are preaching). This box combined with my trade has proven a proficient way to feed the family too while helping small and medium businesses remain competitive.

The permanence of what we build through our efforts is so (in)tangibly (in)quantifiable. In building monuments, or archives of obsidian, granite, mortared brick, chisel to stone, ink to paper or 1s and 0s is ultimately dependant on the attention, timing, distribution and competing factors.

In being builders we're all just trying first to survive and then to mould, in one way or another, a legacy that reflects what we hold dear.

Being presented with a situation where survival robs you of that time to create something of sustenance beyond yourself places shackles around our creative spirit and human drive. If that is the case I suggest we change tactics because too many talented people are wasting away in serving parasites to meet minimal survival requirements. The uphill climb becomes steeper.

Competing forces and counterproductive ideas and advances are left unhindered; even buoyed by labour and our time to supplant their time and even propagate opposing systems, thoughts, devices and crippling barriers to re-buttress against our own force as directed by puppeteers.

Speaking personally to h3m35, most others here and even myself - You've peeked under the veil enough to know that sacrifices were made to put much of this foggy knowledge and half-baked wisdom in our hands. These blunt tools that are in our possession are enough of a shoulder to build upon although there is much work to be done both locally and coordinated in scalar fashion. Each of us have an opportunity. What has been willed to us shouldn't be squandered out of respect for those who came before and for those ascendants who come after us.

Whatever hand you're dealt or earn - (this) life is one shot, no redos, one life - make it count.
There are no others, there is only us.
http://FastTadpole.com/
04-23-2011, 07:32 AM,
(04-02-2011, 04:38 AM)Mike_Smith Wrote: " but it has more to do with my best friend of ten years relapsing on meth and turning into a total freak of nature, then taking actions that pretty much destroyed all stability in my life."

When you phase it like that... it well... blips on my GAYdar.

Chin up lad! This too shall pass for you. exploit it for all you can. Wink

not sure where the gaydar thing came up. It was actually a tweaker chick that he started letting make decisions for him. Sometimes I wish I could be gay - so many women these days with their combo femi-nazi/barbie doll mentality make me question if there's one left that isn't taken that makes even the slightest bit of sense. probably not. just cant get hard for a hard-on or an asshole unless its attatched to a pair of tits, and even that skeeves me out quite a bit. An asshole's an exit - not an entrance.

Anyway, to compound the interest in my hard-knock life as of recently, my mother had her 60th birthday, then died of a brain aneurysm. She was all the way across the country so in my current financial straits and the rest of the family, I couldn't make it for the odd combination of ceremony people have put together for the passing of ones life, making it feel even less like there's a reason for mine.I'm on the verge of picking up a tax return check, just in time for it to not matter in the slightest. If they hadn't been robbing me all year to kill people a world a way in a game of world dominance or spending money on paying for the havoc caused for diplomats due to the twisted need to have them be able to do whatever the fuck they'd like to do while they're here, or for (go forbid,) paving roads, I might have been able to witness the useless waste of time that is the living acting as if there's some solemnity or reason for my wonderful mother's death. Basically, if I had gone and seen all that bullshit, I'd probably follow her shortly.

Damn near destroyed the shit-hole of a room for rent that I've been living in, and contemplated ending it all. I need a job to take my mind off shit, or I might just lose it completely. As it stands, I've picked up a numbing habit or two that probably aren't helping but they make the pain tolerable to the point of being alive. Sorry if I sound like a bit of a whiner, but why does life have to be so fucking hard?
04-23-2011, 11:31 AM,
Sorry to hear about your mother h3m35.

It's too bad about your choice to numb, hope it's not a trend and don't buy into the term addiction - I've been addicted to lots of shit and that's only a cop out to defer your free will on to something outside of yourself, pissing away your power to do anything about it.

Hope you come out of the cold shell and real eyes and see there is some good and decent people and virtues in this world if you seek them. Sometimes it takes a bit of courage, a little trust and a bit of faith to climb out of the rut stick your head out.

There will always be people better off or worse of than you or I or just about anyone else.

You may feel trapped but the greatest (not only) prison is your mind.
There are no others, there is only us.
http://FastTadpole.com/

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  17 Year old Texan, curious about this site adaptusaaf 11 1,562 09-17-2007, 10:32 AM
Last Post: harmonius