Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Goodby-
02-23-2011, 04:46 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-24-2011, 01:56 AM by yeti.)
Goodby-
Well, I have been a part of concen since WAAAAY back, long before it was Concen.org- I had originally (years ago) set up my account under an email I no longer have and (apparently) I have lost my tracker account because I couldn't link up a "forum account" to that account.

I did not sign up to chat on a forum, nor have I ever used this part of concen. I signed up to share, seed and download AND have maintained an incredible ratio, reseeded when i could and kept torrents going for a loooooong, loooong time where I was the ONLY seeder.

I can get everything listed on this site from many of the other private torrent sites I am involved in, but I have stayed here, downloaded, seeded and been an active member to help this community grow (and I know that many here are not involved in any of the private sites.) to keep our torrents active and availble to the community, etc.... I have not stayed here because I NEEDED the torrents here (as said most are available from other sites along with "copywritten" torrents as well that are "pulled" from here)

-So a longtime member such as myself loses my acct because I dont have access to an email address I used YEARS ago when originally signing up? I lose my ratio and everything????? Because I dont want nor intend on using a FORUM (even if I had access to that email account I wouldnt register to a forum anyhow.)

I have watched this site morph and change (for the worse) over the years and I have stuck it out and been an asset to this community... Goodbye, I will be on tracker acesss, demonoid and other sites that dont erase my ratio and take my account from me.
[Image: soldierpie.gif]
02-23-2011, 05:46 AM,
RE: Goodby-
If I knew what your tracker name was I could sync your accounts up.

I checked DarKPenguiN and that appears to be a new handle.
An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it.
Mohandas Gandhi

Each of us is put here in this time and this place to personally decide the future of humankind.
Did you think you were put here for something less?
Chief Arvol Looking Horse
02-23-2011, 12:53 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-23-2011, 12:54 PM by Bluegrazz.)
I very much appreciate it Icosaface- You are very kind. My handle "was" Bluegrazz, but after reading through this forum and hearing how utterly rude and condescending Yeti has been towards conflicting opinions- I think I'm done here.

Concen (and its predecessor) were bastions of free speech, expression and sharing in its/their time, but the recent drama and the (IMO) completely unprofessional manner in which the "Leader" has acted- Along with a myriad of other issues I wont bother you with- I think my time here (while appreciated) is at its end.

Good luck with your site guys, I hope I'm not coming off as rude. I really do appreciate the time I have spent here.
-Thanks.
02-23-2011, 02:35 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-23-2011, 02:39 PM by Dunamis.)
Here to try and cause trouble? What would the actual point to it be?

(02-23-2011, 12:53 PM)DarKPenguiN Wrote: Concen (and its predecessor) were bastions of free speech, expression...
LOL

Have you seen how many members were banned before yeti took over? And the reasons many were banned for? Dude, even without the tracker data you can check the forum member list and find some revealing things. Concen is FAR more open to free speech now. But if you think calling each other names and causing pointless arguments help, I'd stick to youtube.

Funny though that it's clear people's posts are never censored and banning is not done for a simple single thing, and yet you continue to suggest that yeti (not anyone's "leader", but concen's coder and server owner, the only reason concen continued after the .net days), you suggest he should be somehow censoring himself. Undecided

(02-23-2011, 12:53 PM)DarKPenguiN Wrote: but the recent drama...
You do realise the drama was started by people trying to cause havoc in the comments, right? At the time it all began I was still just a user and only new to commenting, and I got put off lots by the infighting being stirred by a select few.

But no, I am sure your right, it was yeti who went to their domains and started calling them Zionist Shills and worse simply for simple differences in opinion.

Then again, all this moaning simply because your account was so very important to you that you forgot to update your email address for "years".

As your privacy isn't on, everyone can see your stats for the account you claim as yours do not match your story:

User Name: bluegrazz
Days Since Joining: 527
Uploaded: 154.82 GB
Downloaded: 74.99 GB
Avg Daily DL: 145.71 MB
Avg Daily UL: 300.82 MB
Torrents Posted: 0
Comments Posted: 10

Let's get that again:
DarKPenguiN Wrote:I had originally (years ago) set up my account under an email I no longer have and (apparently) I have lost my tracker account

DarKPenguiN Wrote:My handle "was" Bluegrazz...

DarKPenguiN Wrote:I signed up to share, seed and download
Okay, in reverse, download = leech, seed = seed torrents, share = upload (or possibly comment)...you have not shared. But "two out of three ain't bad", but...you lied about it, or at the very least purposefully misled, but that's on top of other false statements.

DarKPenguiN Wrote:AND have maintained an incredible ratio
LOL

DarKPenguiN Wrote:as said most are available from other sites along with "copywritten" torrents as well that are "pulled" from here
...oh no, it a sager, from where the troublemakers hatched their plots on a publicly indexed shoutbox. Wow, so they "pull" our torrents up upload them there do they,

...well people you heard it here first, from a sager themselves while trying to stir more infighting, what goes up on concen will at some point after be uploaded there. So get it while it's hot, because it hit's concen first LOL

All the other "copyrighted" stuff we can't have after being asked by copyright owners can be got on TPB, all 25 or so of them that are listed LOL
"He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked." -- 1 John 2:6
"Whatever affects one directly, affects all indirectly... This is the interrelated structure of reality." -- Martin Luther King Jr.
"He that answereth a matter before he heareth it, it is folly and shame unto him." -- Proverbs 18:13
"Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself." -- Leo Tolstoy
"To love is to be vulnerable" -- C.S Lewis

The Kingdom of God is within you! -- Luke 17:20-21

https://duckduckgo.com/
02-23-2011, 02:52 PM,
(02-23-2011, 02:35 PM)Dunamis Wrote: Here to try and cause trouble? What would the actual point to it be?

(02-23-2011, 12:53 PM)DarKPenguiN Wrote: Concen (and its predecessor) were bastions of free speech, expression...
LOL

Have you seen how many members were banned before yeti took over? And the reasons many were banned for? Dude, even without the tracker data you can check the forum member list and find some revealing things. Concen is FAR more open to free speech now. But if you think calling each other names and causing pointless arguments help, I'd stick to youtube.

Funny though that it's clear people's posts are never censored and banning is not done for a simple single thing, and yet you continue to suggest that yeti (not anyone's "leader", but concen's coder and server owner, the only reason concen continued after the .net days), you suggest he should be somehow censoring himself. Undecided

(02-23-2011, 12:53 PM)DarKPenguiN Wrote: but the recent drama...
You do realise the drama was started by people trying to cause havoc in the comments, right? At the time it all began I was still just a user and only new to commenting, and I got put off lots by the infighting being stirred by a select few.

But no, I am sure your right, it was yeti who went to their domains and started calling them Zionist Shills and worse simply for simple differences in opinion.

Then again, all this moaning simply because your account was so very important to you that you forgot to update your email address for "years".

As your privacy isn't on, everyone can see your stats for the account you claim as yours do not match your story:

User Name: bluegrazz
Days Since Joining: 527
Uploaded: 154.82 GB
Downloaded: 74.99 GB
Avg Daily DL: 145.71 MB
Avg Daily UL: 300.82 MB
Torrents Posted: 0
Comments Posted: 10

Let's get that again:
DarKPenguiN Wrote:I had originally (years ago) set up my account under an email I no longer have and (apparently) I have lost my tracker account

DarKPenguiN Wrote:My handle "was" Bluegrazz...

DarKPenguiN Wrote:I signed up to share, seed and download
Okay, in reverse, download = leech, seed = seed torrents, share = upload (or possibly comment)...you have not shared. But "two out of three ain't bad", but...you lied about it, or at the very least purposefully misled, but that's on top of other false statements.

DarKPenguiN Wrote:AND have maintained an incredible ratio
LOL

DarKPenguiN Wrote:as said most are available from other sites along with "copywritten" torrents as well that are "pulled" from here
...oh no, it a sager, from where the troublemakers hatched their plots on a publicly indexed shoutbox. Wow, so they "pull" our torrents up upload them there do they,

...well people you heard it here first, from a sager themselves while trying to stir more infighting, what goes up on concen will at some point after be uploaded there. So get it while it's hot, because it hit's concen first LOL

All the other "copyrighted" stuff we can't have after being asked by copyright owners can be got on TPB, all 25 or so of them that are listed LOL

Trying to cause trouble???? Not at all.

To reply to some of your condescending attitude- Let me first state that Bluegrazz was not my "original" Concen account (not that it matters)- BUT since the end of 09 (on that account) I uploaded 154 gigs whilst downloading half that amount.

BUT- That doesnt tell the whole story. There are also the many torrent I kept alive by being the only seeder and keeping them going for months... Yes, I consider that sharing- You dont?

Anyhow, your attitude is a HUGE reflection on the problem here. Your little "laughing" emotes at a member in good standing who is leaving this site.

I am not a "sager" (whatever the hell that is) nor a troublemaker (check the 10 comments I ever posted) nor a Troll. I have never had an infraction, warning or anything, nor ever had any attention drawn top myself.

As I said. Good luck-
02-23-2011, 04:47 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-23-2011, 04:52 PM by IanPotter.)
DarKPenguiN has expressed his opinion clearly and in a polite manner. I find myself resonating with much that he has to say.

I agree with some of Dunamis's points too, but I can not overlook the huge dollop of condescension in the way they were put across. The response was niggly and overly-concerned with scoring a blow IMO.

It's natural that Dunamis might have adopted something of a seige mentality of late given what's been going on here, but it's quite clear that this is in no way the result of anything DarKPenguiN might have said or done.

If you must leave us DarKPenguiN, then I bid you farewell and thanks for sharing. Without us lone seeders many of the resources here would be far less accessible.

Dunamis, my friend, go for a walk or something. Reflection is an essential foundation of growth. You're not a bad guy, but in this instance I believe you were out of order.
The three grand imperatives of imperial geostrategy are to prevent collusion and maintain security dependence among the vassals, to keep tributaries pliant and protected, and to keep the barbarians from coming together. Zbig the Ruthless.
02-23-2011, 06:10 PM,
yeah i would agree with ianpotter here. i hope darkpenguin can get himself back up to scratch and continue sharing. dunamis is quite within his rights when it comes to being under siege but im thinking he has probs had enough of everyones complaints even when they could be very easy to fix. this is one of those instances im feeling.

hopefuly isoface can sort you out and problem solved!

Dont judge dunamis harshly as i have probably got about -6 rep from people I have combatted in the forums over this, dunamis has been more the force of calm to me. im returning the favour to you dunamis. chill.

dark. give isoface a few to get you back up to speed then im sure you will be back in your comfort zone.
02-23-2011, 07:00 PM,
Quote:I will be on tracker acesss, demonoid and other sites that dont erase my ratio and take my account from me.

There was a notice sitting up on the tracker's front page about this for over two weeks. You could have let us know there was a problem then.... we've been working with lots of members this whole time... so that issues like the one your having didn't happen. My point being that no one took your account from you.

Quote:I had originally (years ago) set up my account under an email I no longer have and (apparently) I have lost my tracker account because I couldn't link up a "forum account" to that account.

That's alright.... I can fix the email on the tracker for you... to match the one you used here on the forum. ( all you had to do was say something. Smile ) Once that's done, if you wanted to pick between the two log in names.... Your account could be synced, and it looks kinda simple. Blush

Your choice.

02-23-2011, 08:09 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-23-2011, 08:09 PM by Dunamis.)
When the person admits they are one of those that comes here from cybersage, it becomes a little hard not to be condescending to someone claiming the reason they are leaving is because of recent event's when it's clear they have only came here to rub salt into an open wound...yet again.

But yes, I was out of order, hadn't slept in 48 hours at the time and should know better. When you realise how much work has been going into the site over the past two weeks it kind of becomes hard not to jump to yeti's defence (I so wish I knew enough already to help with coding).

It's funny we don't get loads of user jumping to spend some of their time doing some free coding for the community to help improve things, lot's of complaints are added though...

...DarKPenguiN, please accept my apologies for being snappy, and I am sorry for the misunderstanding that you had other accounts, I was just going on what was said, though clearly I wasn't as calm as I normally am, sorry again, I admit such an attitude was wrong of me and didn't help.
"He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked." -- 1 John 2:6
"Whatever affects one directly, affects all indirectly... This is the interrelated structure of reality." -- Martin Luther King Jr.
"He that answereth a matter before he heareth it, it is folly and shame unto him." -- Proverbs 18:13
"Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself." -- Leo Tolstoy
"To love is to be vulnerable" -- C.S Lewis

The Kingdom of God is within you! -- Luke 17:20-21

https://duckduckgo.com/
02-23-2011, 08:42 PM,
Dunamis why are you talking shit about cybersage dude?
02-23-2011, 08:59 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-23-2011, 09:09 PM by dagomobdog.)
From what I see looking back through this comment, Dunamis, you are the one that mentioned cybersage. Maybe you are the one trying to promote that site! If that is the case, my friend, thank you. And yes, I suppose I would be considered by some to be a "sager". I'm sorry if that is a problem for some people here.
02-23-2011, 09:16 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-23-2011, 09:18 PM by Mami.)
[Image: oihbft.jpg]

"We got Cyber Bitches"

You got Dunamis?

02-23-2011, 09:17 PM,
(02-23-2011, 08:09 PM)Dunamis Wrote: When the person admits they are one of those that comes here from cybersage, it becomes a little hard not to be condescending to someone claiming the reason they are leaving is because of recent event's when it's clear they have only came here to rub salt into an open wound...yet again.

But yes, I was out of order, hadn't slept in 48 hours at the time and should know better. When you realise how much work has been going into the site over the past two weeks it kind of becomes hard not to jump to yeti's defence (I so wish I knew enough already to help with coding).

It's funny we don't get loads of user jumping to spend some of their time doing some free coding for the community to help improve things, lot's of complaints are added though...

...DarKPenguiN, please accept my apologies for being snappy, and I am sorry for the misunderstanding that you had other accounts, I was just going on what was said, though clearly I wasn't as calm as I normally am, sorry again, I admit such an attitude was wrong of me and didn't help.

A few things (now that everything makes a bit more sense about the "sager" comment")- I never "admitted" to coming here from cybersage but I now see why my comment looked like I was saying that in a cryptic way.
I mentioned Demonoid and Trackeracess because they are the two sites I frequent the most.

-In fact, oddly enough, I JUST learned about that website (cybersage)early this morning while reading one of the threads about comments being deleted. (someone mentioned it) and I DID check it out and sign up. I have the same username (Bluegrazz) and you are welcome to see that that account is only like 10 or so hours old.

Having said that, I also understand how my comment could have been misconstrued to look as if (as you said) I was here to cause trouble... I assure you, I was not.

I am not, nor have I ever been, a "shit stirrer", "trouble maker" or "drama person"- I admit that I do sometimes enjoy being a troll (not on this site, as ive never trolled here) on MMO gaming sites- I do it for the lulz =P

Anyhow, I never came here to "rub salt in an open wound"- really.

In the last year, my entire life has been turned upside down. Seven months ago I lost my home in Kentucky and had to move back to Michigan for reasons beyond my control. IF you look at my ratio from 7 months ago, it was insanely high- Then look at my activity level- It completely stopped.... I had no internet at the time.

Three months ago (or so) I got back to work up here and occasionally I would bring my laptop with me and park in an area with free wifi- I downloaded mainly coast to coast episodes while I was working and I didnt seed at all during that time (mainly hit and run) but my ratio was good and I knew once I got back online it would all even out.

If you can look at those logs, you will see how very little activity there has been from me from June of last year until last week- Probably less that ten days during that time and no seeding... I JUST was able to get my Internet up here last week, thus my activity has picked back up...

ANYHOW, I saw the announcement, but the email it was tied to was set up long ago and is no longer even valid (if it is- I dont even know the password as I generally try to use differing passwords for everything) so I figured I was screwed- And yes, it made me a bit angry.

I now see that it was a misunderstanding on my part as well and there IS a fix, BUT when reading through the forum I became very taken aback by the way Yeti was treating people with views he didnt agree with. He seemed rude, arrogant and.....and....Just mean to people.

Now, in all the time I have been here I have never had a problem with a mod or a member. I pretty much just mind my own business, download torrents and seed them (I think of this as sharing but I guess its semantics)- I especially worry about seeding torrents which are more "obscure" and less popular so they stay alive. I have always thought of myself as a good member of this community and (although I remained mostly silent) a part of the community as a whole.... So I guess I just found it odd that I was then accused of trying to stir up trouble, and being a "sager" and stuff- When I was just, for the first time here, voicing my opinion and venting a bit.

Anyhow, there is no need to apologize at all as I think alot of this was a misunderstanding on both our parts. I tried hard not to come across as being rude but perhaps I failed and appeared to be trying to cause drama- I PROMISE I WAS NOT.

If someone could I would very much like to have this account linked to my Bluegrazz account (or I could make a new forum account if need be)- I will share my thoughts on the "comments removed from torrents" in the appropriate thread where I hope I can come across as logical,sincere and polite.

Please excuse this post also- I too have had no sleep and am a bit "flighty" at the moment.

I apologize for any drama or tension I may have inadvertently caused- It really was not my intention and I hope you can understand that.
02-23-2011, 10:31 PM,
(02-23-2011, 09:17 PM)DarKPenguiN Wrote: I now see that it was a misunderstanding on my part as well and there IS a fix, BUT when reading through the forum I became very taken aback by the way Yeti was treating people with views he didnt agree with. He seemed rude, arrogant and.....and....Just mean to people.

OK, you have my attention now. Say what you have to say.
[Image: randquote.png]
02-23-2011, 11:16 PM,
With the greatest respect Yeti, may I ask whether DarKPenguiN is obligated to respond to your last post?

I believe DarKPenguiN has said what he intended to say in the section you quoted.

He wasn't looking for a fight and he's being dragged further and further into brawl. Seems to me it's not only out of character, but also against his expressed wish.

I do hope I can point that out without incurring anyone's wrath.

Much love to you all.

Thanks.
The three grand imperatives of imperial geostrategy are to prevent collusion and maintain security dependence among the vassals, to keep tributaries pliant and protected, and to keep the barbarians from coming together. Zbig the Ruthless.