Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.4 Average
What is the best movie u have seen lately?
01-28-2011, 09:52 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-28-2011, 11:25 PM by clouds.)
What is the best movie u have seen lately?
Hey!!

What is the best movie u've seen lately and why?
It doesn't have to be a documentary or about politics.

For me i would say...hmmmm..?? Ajami 2009 !!
It's israeli film winning many awards and if u know me a little bit, u would know that i hate the sound of the word israel and it makes me sick in my stomach, but this movie was good and i didn't feel that the people are acting! it felt so real and i recommend it.
Please, watch the trailer here http://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi3525903385/

Ajami is a name of an Arab neighbor hood in israel, Ajami is the religiously mixed community of Muslims and Christians in Tel Aviv. These are five stories about the everyday life in Ajami.

For a TV series i like many of them but the last one i saw and it was great is Downton Abbey 2010 !
Ps. This is off topic right??!!Blush
01-29-2011, 03:11 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-29-2011, 03:15 PM by Doc Quack.)
RE: What is the best movie u have seen lately?
"Mr. Nice" about the earlier life of Howard Marks prominent Welsh Hashish smuggler and notable Marijuana consumer..because I read the book, met him once, thank and enjoy the therapeutic and all round good values of THC and because it is good independent film, quality entertainment based on fact.

It downloads as a torrent in about 20 minutes at the moment, this end. I found it thru isohunt.
02-02-2011, 08:55 PM,
I have seen way too many good movies
over the last few months to pick the
"best movie."

But I watched Charlie Wilson's War again
last night and I feel many of you will
like this flick about funding the
Mujahideens fight against the USSR
in Afghanistan.

And this old thread about dirty bombs
reminds me of Right at Your Door

It's a gem of movie of exploring the
aftermath of three dirty bombs that
went off in Los Angeles.

My Psychiatrist Committed Suicide

"I'm going to tell you something you won't believe."
David Vincent
02-02-2011, 09:04 PM,
Charlie Wilson's War sounds interesting and i never heard about it, so, I'm downloading it as we speak and thank u for the tip!
thread about dirty bombs sounds like garbage to me because it's the same stereotype of "them might have !!", so let's go and attack them first!
Policy of the US and UK since Hitler was still in kindergarten Smile
My mom always tells me: If u haven't done something bad to another, u can sleep safe and never be afraid
02-02-2011, 10:40 PM,
Quote from Charlie Wilson's War:

Quote: Charlie: Okay. It's not likely the President of Pakistan is a Christian, but I'm gonna do this
for you, Joanne, 'cause you saved my ass once with the pro-lifers and I owe you my seat in Congress, and because you look very good naked. But I have to tell you, I'm elected by Jews.

Joanne: How many Jews do you have
in your district?

Charlie: Seven. But congressmen aren't elected by voters, they're elected by contributors, and mine are in, well, New York, Florida, Hollywood, because I'm one of Israel's guys on the Hill. And I don't know how they're gonna feel about me taking up the cause of Muslims
If you're still caught up in nonsense conspiracies like german death cult, jesuits, knights of templar, masons, aliens you are as dumb as a bag of hammers. Grow up and stop listening to cultist, lying, idiots like Alex Jones!
02-02-2011, 10:46 PM,
Why the hell are u here then if u don't like or believe or share what do in this tracker??
just to post stupid comments? and who the hell are u to call someone a dumb because he believes in something else?
grow up and go play somewhere else kiddo
02-03-2011, 01:42 AM,
“Everything Popular Is Wrong” - Oscar Wilde
02-04-2011, 05:20 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-04-2011, 05:21 AM by Dunamis.)
I just watched The other Guys with Will Ferrell and Mark Wahlberg, and right at the end there a bit of dialogue I noticed:

Quote:The whole damn system is clogged up with dirty money. And the news doesn't say a word about it. Cause who owns them? The same corporations that own the government.

So of course it stuck out to me, but then, shortly after we get the credits start to roll to Rage Against the Machine's brilliant song, Maggie's Farm and well, IMDB has a good way of putting it (which I just noticed while looking for the correct spelling for Wahlberg):

Quote:The end credits are displayed alongside a PowerPoint-style slideshow of statistics on corporate greed and government tolerance.

Just thought of this thread as soon as I'd finished watching.
"He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked." -- 1 John 2:6
"Whatever affects one directly, affects all indirectly... This is the interrelated structure of reality." -- Martin Luther King Jr.
"He that answereth a matter before he heareth it, it is folly and shame unto him." -- Proverbs 18:13
"Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself." -- Leo Tolstoy
"To love is to be vulnerable" -- C.S Lewis

The Kingdom of God is within you! -- Luke 17:20-21

https://duckduckgo.com/
02-13-2011, 03:21 AM,
maybe swan or the speech of the king.
02-13-2011, 12:08 PM,
(02-13-2011, 03:21 AM)toniexly Wrote: maybe swan or the speech of the king.

Are you referring to The Black Swan and The King's Speech?

[Image: randquote.png]
02-28-2011, 07:19 PM,
I thought The NEXT THREE DAYS was cool. Just don't watch if you are trying to go to sleep.
In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird. Now the world is weird and people take Prozac to make it normal.

As a reputed atheist, the reverential nature of his film was surprising, but Pasolini himself said &If you know that I am an unbeliever, then you know me better than I do myself. I may be an unbeliever, but I am an unbeliever who has a nostalgia for a belief.&

[Image: Copyofsoldier2.jpg]
02-28-2011, 07:32 PM,
although some will probs want to kill oliver stone...

no question........ natural born killers.

as stone called it "its my, blow it out of a shot gun, fuck it, movie..."

its a great eye opener to those not all that awake...
02-28-2011, 08:42 PM,
I saw Sanctum last week. Very intense. See it. Icon_cool
02-28-2011, 11:01 PM,
I just saw Repo Men the other night.
Watched it again with my brother last night.
Pretty crazy concept but pretty symbolic and artsy for a movie that you'd think was just a thriller type action flick. Lots of irony and allegory intertwined if you can manage to look at it that way. Pretty morbid twist at the end too.
"Listen to everyone, read everything, believe nothing unless you can prove it in your own research"
~William Cooper

DTTNWO!
03-01-2011, 07:43 AM,
(02-28-2011, 11:01 PM)SiLVa Wrote: I just saw Repo Men the other night.
Watched it again with my brother last night.
Pretty crazy concept but pretty symbolic and artsy for a movie that you'd think was just a thriller type action flick. Lots of irony and allegory intertwined if you can manage to look at it that way. Pretty morbid twist at the end too.

I agree 100% excellent movie! I thought it was gonna suck.
In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird. Now the world is weird and people take Prozac to make it normal.

As a reputed atheist, the reverential nature of his film was surprising, but Pasolini himself said &If you know that I am an unbeliever, then you know me better than I do myself. I may be an unbeliever, but I am an unbeliever who has a nostalgia for a belief.&

[Image: Copyofsoldier2.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [split] movie RaFTertheONE 7 514 07-24-2014, 10:18 PM
Last Post: RaFTertheONE
  A Movie I recommend : The East (2013) rockingtheboat 0 226 03-20-2014, 08:59 AM
Last Post: rockingtheboat
Bug Movie: Filth 2013, Scotland's Finest CharliePrime 10 804 02-21-2014, 04:01 PM
Last Post: CharliePrime
  Movie: ELYSIUM Orwell63 0 311 07-14-2013, 07:23 PM
Last Post: Orwell63
  STARBUCK - Movie made in Quebec -Canada Watchdog 0 417 03-29-2013, 11:19 PM
Last Post: Watchdog
  Movie with Concen-esque themes. Doomsticks 5 735 01-18-2013, 12:58 AM
Last Post: Easy Skanking
  The sheeple can go from docile to dangerous - a clip from the movie Easy Rider Infinite 1 828 05-07-2011, 06:16 PM
Last Post: yeti
  favorite movie? Willard 18 3,330 12-09-2010, 12:45 PM
Last Post: simy
  Anyone Remember this show/movie? SacredSleep 9 1,779 09-05-2010, 04:04 PM
Last Post: solar
  Children Do The Movie Scarface At A School Play! ( Very Funny) Weyland 4 907 04-05-2010, 05:16 PM
Last Post: SiLVa