Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anybody into using the I-Ching?
04-18-2009, 09:29 PM,
I find my self using the I-Ching like dice. Anybody on the board using the I- CHING?
In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird. Now the world is weird and people take Prozac to make it normal.

As a reputed atheist, the reverential nature of his film was surprising, but Pasolini himself said &If you know that I am an unbeliever, then you know me better than I do myself. I may be an unbeliever, but I am an unbeliever who has a nostalgia for a belief.&

[Image: Copyofsoldier2.jpg]
04-18-2009, 09:36 PM,
I've used I-Ching for music composition... although John Cage is the one noted for doing this first.
04-18-2009, 09:51 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-18-2009, 10:10 PM by solar.)
Quote:I find my self using the I-Ching like dice. Anybody on the board using the I- CHING?
How are you specifically producing and/or evoking an I-Ching "reading"?

Coins, sticks, meditation on the trigrams, or ...:unsure:

What version of the I-Ching manuscript/translation are you using (presumably you're using an English translation and not the Chinese original) ?

Is the I-Ching producing results for you that you would be willing to share?

And thanks for sharing this, Weyland!
04-19-2009, 02:32 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-19-2009, 02:59 AM by Weyland.)
Quote:
Quote:I find my self using the I-Ching like dice. Anybody on the board using the I- CHING?
How are you specifically producing and/or evoking an I-Ching "reading"?

Coins, sticks, meditation on the trigrams, or ...:unsure:

What version of the I-Ching manuscript/translation are you using (presumably you're using an English translation and not the Chinese original) ?

Is the I-Ching producing results for you that you would be willing to share?

And thanks for sharing this, Weyland!

well I gotta admit I use any one of the many online I CHING generators. I know I am probably missing out some actual magical synchronistic touch but its seems to work for me. Next time I see the actual yarrow stalks at the book store ill buy it for those times when I need to really get accurate results. Ill also smoke a stogie and really concentrate on the question. I really enjoy reading and rereading the answer since its sorta cryptic and then I like checking out several translations. I guess you could say this is the lazy electronic geek method. Here's one that I ran couple o days ago when I feeling really down about a girlfriend that completely fucked up me up about 10 years ago and I found out where she was. I just did'nt know if I should talk to her or just wait till I felt better. Well I think it answered me pretty well.

Kinda reminds me of these favorite lyrics from Bryan Ferry

I could feel at the time
There was no way of knowing
Fallen leaves in the night
Who can say where they´re blowing
As free as the wind
And hopefully learning
Why the sea on the tide
Has no way of turning
More than this - there is nothing
More than this - tell me one thing
It was fun for a while
There was no way of knowing
Like dream in the night
Who can say where we´re going
No care in the world
Maybe i´m learning
Why the sea on the tide
Has no way of turning
More than this - tell me one thing

[Image: ScreenHunter_01Apr172001.gif]
In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird. Now the world is weird and people take Prozac to make it normal.

As a reputed atheist, the reverential nature of his film was surprising, but Pasolini himself said &If you know that I am an unbeliever, then you know me better than I do myself. I may be an unbeliever, but I am an unbeliever who has a nostalgia for a belief.&

[Image: Copyofsoldier2.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The I Ching, The Most Modern Ancient Wisdom Classic Solve et Coagula 0 281 02-01-2012, 05:28 PM
Last Post: Solve et Coagula