12-09-2010, 12:53 PM,
MERRY CHRISTMAS
hey guys....
there are 16 days left in 25 DEC.....
wishing all of you MERRY CHIRSTMAS
12-09-2010, 11:47 PM,
RE: MERRY CHRISTMAS
Take it away Love Police.

"Shopping is the most important thing you can do with your life. You need to buy more material objects, in a desperate attempt to change the inside of your soul."

"Carry on shopping, the economy needs you. We need to bail out more banks. We need to transfer more money from you the poor, or not so poor, to the big banks and corporation owners. Unless you spend at least 200p in here today, your family will think you are a failure for Christmas."

"Ladies and Gentlemen, as long as you just carry on shopping and ignore what the government is doing...with your money...you will always be sheep...you will always be controlled."
“Intelligence is like a river: the deeper it is, the less noise it makes.”
12-10-2010, 08:31 PM,
(12-09-2010, 12:53 PM)simy Wrote: hey guys....
there are 16 days left in 25 DEC.....
wishing all of you MERRY CHIRSTMAS

Merry Christmas to you too Simy. Icon_biggrin Have anything planed?

If I was santa clause.... Grin

And maybe you'll be able to giggle about this.... Blush shame on me! Laugh if not, my apologies! Coffee2

Seriously though....

Anyone not celebrating the holidays?

Anyone boycotting holiday shopping completely?

We will be. Sorry if I have a bah humbug attitude..... but we've moved on i guess.

Do your loved ones and significant others still dwell in the mind state of requiring purchased gifts to feel loved or appreciated? Most of my family still does.

Please don't think i was always like this.... I definitely used to be a ruthlessly ignorant American holiday shopper. Spent x-mas 2001 in disney world resorts for two weeks with my darling. ~hurls~ Barf

nope though.... I will not be receiving or giving any "purchased" items this year again. And for the eve of the new year.... hopefully I'll be right here, and no where else. Bounce016

Whatever your doing... or not doing.... Happy seasons to you all. Ok
12-10-2010, 09:02 PM,
(12-10-2010, 08:31 PM)April Wrote: Seriously though....

Anyone not celebrating the holidays?

Yes and yes.

I am not a big fan of being told how to feel and on what terms, and the concept of holidays in general are mental manipulations IMO anyway. It is now appropriate to have fun or relax or feel nationalistic or whatever.

Christmas is by far the worst though for several reasons. First it has been expanded to encompass about 1-2 months at this point (conservative estimate.) It encourages materialism under the guise of compassion and generosity. It causes ridiculous amounts of stress for people who partake and drives participants further into debt to their corporate masters.

What's more it enforces this concept that for a fraction of the year people should be generous and they can go back to being self-absorbed douche bags the rest of the year. Hell, many of the aforementioned douche bags don't even take the fraction of the year to resemble actual human beings because the whole ritual is all about what new trinket, gadget, or toy they receive to fill the gaping hole in their soul and somehow justify their worthless existence for another year. (And you thought you were being a humbug, April.) LOL

Maybe I'm extreme in my distaste for the season, but I feel that distaste is justified. I'm sure some people use the corporate and state sanctioned downtime to legitimately connect with friends and family which I applaud. But reserving actions for designated times is unhealthy in my opinion. Anyway I hope people enjoy the free time they get from the slave masters and use it wisely. Merry Merchants Day to all of you. Love005
12-11-2010, 04:20 AM,
Heart  RE: MERRY CHRISTMAS
I bought some hackey sacks made in Pakistan and distributed by dragonflyfootbags for my eldest and some Mouseguard Graphic Novels for my son. Everyone else gets custom 'shopped up pictures with frames I've stockpiled from garage sales over the years.

I avoid chain stores and support respectable small businesses and enterpernuers as I do with my work. I'm guilty of using fiat and paying taxes though but I barter when and where I can -- 24/7/365. Despite my rhetoric I'm still part of the problem.

Any excuse, dictated or not, to get with friends and fam is fine by me.

My boys won't see this post at least 'til Christmas Eve - I shipped them out of the country to Atlantis with my exes Grandparents -- they're putting up the dime for this once in a lifetime gluttonous extravagance in the Bahamas. Then it's back to enjoying a nice Edmonton winter.

@Inheritor
I giggled a tad. Hadn't even heard of Gaga until it was posted here on awhile back in a critique of Inappropriate music ~ a year ago. I suppose there is no avoiding some things. I heard Poker Face once and it still gets stuck in a cerebellar loop.

I expect a sharp deflationary trend after the holiday season after everyone has maxed out their credit and millions are booted off UI -- so I'm hanging on to my nickels for now.
There are no others, there is only us.
http://FastTadpole.com/
12-11-2010, 05:27 AM,
(12-10-2010, 08:31 PM)April Wrote: Anyone not celebrating the holidays?

We will be. Sorry if I have a bah humbug attitude..... but we've moved on i guess.

My family/friends gave up on gift giving decades ago. We use that magical week between 25 Dec and 1 Jan just to get together. We enjoy food and drink and each other's company - the last few years we don't even bother with the decorations!

Our parties are popular and growing - people show up and the first thing they say is "I can finally relax. Mind if I call some friends?" - isn't that what parties are for?
[Image: randquote.png]
12-11-2010, 06:56 AM,
(12-11-2010, 05:27 AM)yeti Wrote:
(12-10-2010, 08:31 PM)April Wrote: Anyone not celebrating the holidays?

My family/friends gave up on gift giving decades ago. We use that magical week between 25 Dec and 1 Jan just to get together. We enjoy food and drink and each other's company - the last few years we don't even bother with the decorations!

Our parties are popular and growing - people show up and the first thing they say is "I can finally relax. Mind if I call some friends?" - isn't that what parties are for?

Maybe we should all organise a 2012/2013 New Year ConCen party to celebrate the demise of all theories regarding the Mayans and Dec 24th 2012! LOL

Would be cool to have a gathering of some sort though.
"He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked." -- 1 John 2:6
"Whatever affects one directly, affects all indirectly... This is the interrelated structure of reality." -- Martin Luther King Jr.
"He that answereth a matter before he heareth it, it is folly and shame unto him." -- Proverbs 18:13
"Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself." -- Leo Tolstoy
"To love is to be vulnerable" -- C.S Lewis

The Kingdom of God is within you! -- Luke 17:20-21

https://duckduckgo.com/
12-11-2010, 07:12 AM,
(12-11-2010, 06:56 AM)Dunamis Wrote: Maybe we should all organise a 2012/2013 New Year ConCen party to celebrate the demise of all theories regarding the Mayans and Dec 24th 2012! LOL

Would be cool to have a gathering of some sort though.

Sounds good...who's bringing the alcohol?
“Intelligence is like a river: the deeper it is, the less noise it makes.”

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Merry x-mas everyone!!!!! Deathaniel 9 1,812 12-29-2011, 04:36 PM
Last Post: SiLVa
  Merry Christmas itrackuhere 1 541 12-25-2010, 09:44 PM
Last Post: Deathaniel
  Chinese Food On Christmas LMFAO! Weyland 0 443 12-25-2010, 10:45 AM
Last Post: Weyland
  Rabbi Complains About Christmas Colors arseeus 7 1,556 12-09-2010, 11:56 PM
Last Post: beardown50
Smile Christmas Gift Idea jack 4 750 12-18-2009, 06:23 AM
Last Post: April
Question Christmas Charities: Goats, Local Charity, Name a Good Cause FastTadpole 10 1,594 12-16-2009, 12:26 AM
Last Post: mastermg
  Christmas Poll kevlar 9 1,455 12-07-2009, 08:06 PM
Last Post: ---
  Merry Christmas hilly7 10 1,484 01-05-2009, 01:36 AM
Last Post: hilly7
  Ahmadinejad delivers a Christmas message mothandrust 6 1,099 12-31-2008, 06:25 AM
Last Post: plasticfan
  My first Christmas gift is Booze! YEAH! Weyland 9 1,521 12-26-2008, 02:04 AM
Last Post: mexika