Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
BREAKING: WikiLeaks Being Used to Justify "Patriot Act" Legislation For Internet
12-08-2010, 09:37 PM,
BREAKING: WikiLeaks Being Used to Justify "Patriot Act" Legislation For Internet

Senator Mitch McConnell called Assange a "high-tech terrorist" on NBC's Meet the Press Sunday and said, "if it‘s found that Assange hasn’t violated the law, then the law should be changed."

Over the weekend, an insightful article by Zen Gardner exposed how WikiLeaks resembles an establishment creation. The article correctly pointed out that the WikiLeaks storyline was conforming nicely to the elite's problem-reaction-solution method, with the solution of more tyranny for our safety.

WikiLeaks is being used to bring in the agenda on so many levels, but most importantly by setting the precedent of shutting down websites for politically "dangerous" content. Gardner writes:

After all, if information is now the enemy, we must carefully police any and every aspect of this dangerous medium -- all for the safety and protection of 'we the people.'

Oh, we’ll still have the Internet, just like you can still fly. You’ll just have to be on the 'approved' list, screened, stamped, zapped, mugged and molested if you want to get 'on the net.' No biggie. Thanks Julian -- job well done.

First, let's be clear, the 250,000 pages of cables amounted to some geopolitical Jerry Springer he-said-she-said nonsense to make countries look petty and stupid. They revealed nothing new that wasn't already known or well suspected. The information simply stoked existing flames by airing geopolitical dirty laundry, nothing more -- no secret weapons, no major arms deals, no tactical locations of troops, and no revealing the ID of secret agents, etc.

Yet, the government has used its corporate muscle to illegally limit access to WikiLeaks. It was recently revealed that Amazon, the server host for WikiLeaks, caved to political pressure to drop the website. Then, in dictatorial fashion, PayPal removed its service for donations to WikiLeaks, and now their bank account has been frozen. And all this comes a week after the shutdown of 80-plus websites for "copyright infringement," apparently in preparation for passing the "Blacklist" bill.

Now, Gardner's weekend speculation and McConnell's call for action has turned into political reality. The Hill reports today that Senators unveil anti-WikiLeaks legislation, which seems to be a sort-of "Patriot Act" for the Internet. It's astonishing how fast these guys can write legislation when major events occur. And again, it's tyranny-saurus rex, Joe Lieberman, leading the charge with scandal-ridden Ensign (R-Nev.) and empty-suit Scott Brown (R-Mass.). Ensign was quoted:

WikiLeaks is not a whistleblower website and Assange is not a journalist.

That, we agree with. Yet, therein lies the concern for establishing new Internet rules of what can and can't be discussed, and who qualifies as a "journalist." Look, Assange is clearly either a kinda-smart "useful idiot" or a brilliant insider to the elite. He is certainly not a genuine whistleblower. Admittedly, though, for those of us who hoped he was the real thing, the elite have used some savvy tactics to boost WikiLeaks' rogue credibility in order to confuse us.

The White House has sent down a warning to government agencies to restrict employee access to WikiLeaks in order to make Assange and crew appear dangerously off limits. Apparently, this warning has already trickled down to "potential" government employees as well. It was revealed that the State Department warned Columbia University students who may apply for a Federal job:

DO NOT post links to these documents nor make comments on social media sites such as Facebook or through Twitter.

In other words, the Thought Police are out in full force telling job-hungry students to not apply if they discuss current events if authorities label those events dangerous or harmful to America. Soon, they'll most likely publicly fire a mid-level employee who went over the line to prove how serious they are. After all, they desperately need to keep the slaves on the plantation.

Furthermore, an Interpol arrest warrant has been issued for Julian Assange for shady rape charges, making him an internationally "wanted" man.

And Assange is playing the clever but likable villain part so well, too, claiming to have an encrypted "insurance" file in case anyone kills him or terminates the website. Assange is the perfect international man of mystery with the dark shades in press conferences; endless mainstream media interviews with his exotic accent and short temper; and his famous silver-blond locks. What a great show they're putting on for us. I'm sure the movie industry is already clamoring for the rights to the script.

In the meantime, it has become the typical political game show. Only in America could Cablegate become such a divide-and-conquer partisan issue. The Right have successfully defined WikiLeaks as a dangerous terrorist organization and desire the assassination of its leader, while the Left defends the public's right to knowledge, but disparages the damage the documents may cause, thus setting up the obvious bipartisan compromise: tighter control and surveillance of the Internet.

It will go down like this: the Right's extreme calls for Assange's execution will give the establishment the publicly defensible compromise to at least shut down their website by way of pressuring their service providers, etc. And the wimpy Left will compromise by letting it happen, while Assange will be allowed to remain alive and free.

It fits ever so perfectly for them to extend the definition of an "enemy combatant" to a website that publishes "anti-government" material. Enter Attorney General Eric Holder, who has authorized "significant" action into the probe of WikiLeaks. Can't you just smell the tyranny coming to the Internet?

Ron Paul said it best in his book Revolution: A Manifesto: "Truth is treason in an empire of lies." Paul reiterated this principle of transparency in a recent interview. Paul said we need more WikiLeaks if we expect to live in a free society:

'In a free society we're supposed to know the truth,' Paul insisted. 'In a society where truth becomes treason, then we're in big trouble.'

Given the angry calls for action and today's developments of government proposals, not to mention the blight of Internet legislation already on the table, we will likely get the exact opposite of the free-flow of information that Paul is advocating. In fact, if history is any indicator, get ready for nothing less than the Patriot Act for the Internet!
[Image: conspiracy_theory.jpg]
12-08-2010, 10:08 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-08-2010, 10:12 PM by rsol.)
RE: BREAKING: WikiLeaks Being Used to Justify "Patriot Act" Legislation For Internet
i think you will find this to be the american arm of the internet. oh well. thanks for telling us who not to use Smile cheers. let them do what they will.....bring it on fuckers!!!!

By the way im not sure where everyone gets the enigmatic bit... hes terrified in front of the cameras. hes seized up!!
i just am having a hard time seeing him as anything other than some 40 year old geek with a lappy and a bag. ive met guys like this.
12-09-2010, 04:09 AM,
RE: BREAKING: WikiLeaks Being Used to Justify "Patriot Act" Legislation For Internet
It was bound to be used as the scapegoat excuse. They've just been waiting for a situation that got enough coverage, and of course with the arrest of Assange, the U.S. now seems to have a lot more backing to do something about Wikileaks, which is the irony, because although Assange is now detained, Wikileaks goes on. Why people cannot seem to separate the two now is beyond me.

The recent campaign for example, by supporters. When it was declared by the supporters of Spartacus it was really a lie, but when 'Hacktivists' and other supporters declare "I am Wikileaks", they are in fact telling the truth, whether you believe Wikileaks to be now infiltrated or not. Leaks that have broken the news since Collateral Damage are just the tip really of the volume of documents released by Wikileaks, but of course, most media attention is concentrating on the Western documents released, particularly those mentioning or being from, the USA.
"He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked." -- 1 John 2:6
"Whatever affects one directly, affects all indirectly... This is the interrelated structure of reality." -- Martin Luther King Jr.
"He that answereth a matter before he heareth it, it is folly and shame unto him." -- Proverbs 18:13
"Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself." -- Leo Tolstoy
"To love is to be vulnerable" -- C.S Lewis

The Kingdom of God is within you! -- Luke 17:20-21

https://duckduckgo.com/
12-09-2010, 04:23 AM,
I concur!

Who's to say that he hasn't been used by TPTB to bring forward the censorship agenda to the net?

Bring it on Fuckers!
12-09-2010, 12:29 PM,
someone thinking for themselves well done reptoid. Some have a tendency to throw the baby out with the bathwater.
12-09-2010, 02:11 PM,
What a big surprise! As if we didn't know this was going to happen from the beginning. Wikileaks is just another Mossad / CIA false-flag, problem-reaction-solution, same old story in a different form and all the sheeple buy it hook, line and sinker. Even Sasquatch-Rense seems to be buying it & not buying it at the same time, what a joke. There shouldn't even be a QUESTION of buying bullshit like this as authentic at this point.

They always arrest the guy too so people will be fooled and say: "Hey look! He must be for real since they arrested him. Why would he be working for them and get himself arrested, blah, blah." Meanwhile arrest, have a kangaroo court trial and jail a mind-controlled double or a convict-plastic-surgeried to look like him and no one would know the difference. Of course, Assange could be a Manchurian candidate / Sirhan Sirhan / Timothy McVeigh type himself too, either that or the biggest useful-idiot patsy in the world. Many scenarios are possible. What is 100% clear is that it's an intelligence operation Psy-Op to kill free speech even more than it's already been strangled.

"I know of no safe depository of the ultimate powers of society but the people themselves, and if we think them not enlightened enough to exercise control with a wholesome discretion, the remedy is not to take it from them, but to inform their discretion."
-- Thomas Jefferson [13 April 1743 - 4 July 1826]
12-09-2010, 02:58 PM,
(12-09-2010, 12:29 PM)rsol Wrote: someone thinking for themselves well done reptoid. Some have a tendency to throw the baby out with the bathwater.

I'm very open minded. But not so much that my brains would fall out LOL LOL LOL

Q. Why does Assange keep putting himself out there for MSM press releases? Strange!? Fuck Yeah!

That's like Osama going to the Zoo and having a picnic lunch. Fuck Off!

Assange a Manchurian candidate, maybe.
A false flag operation? If it smells like shit, good chances it will taste like it!
12-10-2010, 09:58 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-10-2010, 09:59 AM by Negentropic.)
(12-09-2010, 02:58 PM)reptoid Wrote:
(12-09-2010, 12:29 PM)rsol Wrote: someone thinking for themselves well done reptoid. Some have a tendency to throw the baby out with the bathwater.

I'm very open minded. But not so much that my brains would fall out LOL LOL LOL

Q. Why does Assange keep putting himself out there for MSM press releases? Strange!? Fuck Yeah!

That's like Osama going to the Zoo and having a picnic lunch. Fuck Off!

Assange a Manchurian candidate, maybe.
A false flag operation? If it smells like shit, good chances it will taste like it!

And what more proof do you need than this asshole Assange still believes in the official Osama Baba & the 19 boxcutters fairy tale promoted by the MSM for chrissakes! He still thinks 500,000 ton buildings go up in dust that reaches into the upper atmosphere in 10 seconds flat, due to fire. He was a shill from day one and anyone that takes this guy for some kind of hero or crusader for free-speech is out of his mind.
12-10-2010, 09:09 PM,
hmm interesting you should bring that up. That seems to be a great litmus test for "them".

My take on many that claim they know what happened. i think it was CD. Thats me. Jazz doesnt. Thats him. He thinks jfk was assassinated by his own government. what does it mean? some folk can or cant except certain truths OR consider them not worth bothering with. in 2001 when it happened.....we needed to say this to people..if it wasnt said i personally think we would of been in iran in 2005.

The fact that he thinks its a distraction is in a sense true, we all know there is not enough people willing to push this, the powers that be have this contained due to too many believers. 70 years from now im not even sure we will fully know. BUT

If we continue talking about JFK its not going to stop what they are doing any faster than talking about 911.
The field moves and the battle lines move. 911truth managed to produce, in my mind a HUGE break on what the neocons REALLY wanted to do. they were exposed all over the internet and knew every time we say something, they have to rethink.

Many debunkers and extra-terrestrial theories have peppered the truth movement. These are encouraged by the media and the public at large and prefer them to be folk tales of the day. Please note i have never talked about "them" this thing happens organically in our society regardless of what "they" are doing. Assange is probably in that realm. He may see it on a more real time and relative field. To be frank hes sort of right. we have said all that needs to be said. many people have chosen their ground for logical, social, political or financial reasons. any more talk can only be done to the young as they are new on the scene.

To not believe in 911 is not the worst thing to think. If he has read files related to it they may be more to do with USG's opinion to encourage all the bitchiness. If you are not in that paradigm it doesn't mean you are one of them. I suspect the same sort of chatter related to UFO conspiracy theories.

If anyone is still in any doubt. I am yet to fully make my mind up on this guy....however a large number of people seem to be attacking him in the conspiracy circles. Its interesting.. I am feeling like i have to defend wikileaks and julian assange. Can anyone say the conspiracy/truth movement isnt comprimised in some way? so far ive found very little to tie on this guy OR wiki. and im looking. im reading what has happened behind the scenes for myself. This is what researching a subject means. not knee jerk...not an anti-zionist or doesn't-believe-911 must be with them....reactions.

we may be wrong just the same as him. can anyone understand this state of mind? i call it open. we could turn the whole thing upside down and find out it only runs so deep. we could find out that its all Belgium running the world from behind the scenes who knows? you dont.... taking this on face value is as important as looking into it with an investigative mind. Its the best way. innocent until proven guilty is a pretty good rule to live by I heard.
12-10-2010, 10:17 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-10-2010, 10:20 PM by mothandrust.)
initially i was suspicious of Assange, thought he may be a sophisticated plant, particularly because nothing that was being released was revalatory to anyone who had done a little research (and also his stance on 9/11). however, i now think this judgement was premature.

first off, just because someone does not think 9/11 was some sort of 'inside job' (or they defer from passing an opinion) does not make them a shill or an agent or whatever. it can just as easily mean they haven't researched it, and you know as well as i, there are plenty of ordinary decent people, doing their stuff to get by, that cannot even bear to think that such wicked elements operate at the highest levels of govt.

Assange is(was) effectively establishment, this is what he knows, and this is what is being released. yes, if you search for it most of this stuff can be found, but this is from the mouth of the military (the first two releases) confirming in bloody detail what any serious researcher had already known. undoubtedly the releases angered and embarrassed the govt but, also it could (i thought) be seen as a good way of softening people up for more drastic future action. however this latest release, although still not holding much(any?) revalatory data (bearing in mind only a tiny percentage has got to us) has made them hopping mad. why? because it shows how the US (and all govts.) operates abroad 'diplomatically', and how her corporations work and intermesh with govt. so of course all govts hate him with equal vigour and why there is no hiding place.

my feeling is Assange will never again see the light of day, and he may even be executed as an example. our governments are lickspittles to the US and the last thing any of them want is truth about their behaviour to come out. the British invented this sort of 'diplomacy' and the Swedes are spineless lapdogs: one only has to consider how they caved in over TPB. and although no doubt our govts would verbally condemn any execution, privately they will all be happy with the example made for any prospective whistleblower (particularly as someone else did the dirty work).

finally, i also note John Pilger and Terry Jones (Monty Python) were both ready to stand bail for him. personally i reckon that's as good a recommendation as you can get.
Vitam Impendere Vero
12-20-2010, 06:28 PM,
its only takes one person in sweden. thats why its here. i dont think its sweden as such, they are a careful people and not ones to be alarmed. if someone has made an accusation they will follow it. they did and it was nothing. someone else has insisted. i suspect a few rouge officials in sweden to hold him in england while the USA finds a smoking gun...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Bug Proof Wikileaks is a Psyop CharliePrime 8 1,075 07-30-2013, 01:05 AM
Last Post: mexika
Information Bradley Manning, Adrian Lamo & the WikiLeaks Affair h3rm35 39 11,379 02-27-2013, 07:36 PM
Last Post: FastTadpole
  BREAKING: Israeli officials tell nation to prepare for 7 weeks of war datars 0 416 11-17-2012, 11:43 AM
Last Post: datars
  The Pauls' New Crusade: “Internet Freedom” capnchronic 2 642 09-09-2012, 09:02 AM
Last Post: Infinite
  Wikileaks and Stratfor, Israel Busted Again Solve et Coagula 0 409 02-28-2012, 01:10 PM
Last Post: Solve et Coagula
  BREAKING: Russia warns against foreign forces meddling in Syria’s internal affairs Solve et Coagula 0 458 02-01-2012, 09:24 PM
Shocked wikileaks exposes US espionage upon Indigenous people Naturalmiztic 0 429 01-03-2012, 01:58 PM
Last Post: Naturalmiztic
  Prince of Wales: a private individual's effective veto over public legislation R.R 13 2,015 11-04-2011, 04:53 PM
Last Post: FastTadpole
  VIDEO: Gerald Celente: Internet nuke bomb waiting to go off Solve et Coagula 0 387 08-25-2011, 03:18 PM
  Breaking: Feds Caught Shipping Cocaine into U.S. Solve et Coagula 0 327 08-04-2011, 11:06 PM